Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Northwesttourguide
  • 1 Post By gaso
No withdrawal symptoms - vicodin norco
    Northwesttourguide is offline New Member

Default No withdrawal symptoms - vicodin norco

Has anyone ever heard of someone taking a high dosage for a long time , quitting cold turkey and having no withdrawal side effects? I apologize if someone is struggling and come across this but perhaps it may give some mental support knowing that they don't have to suffer.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Nope. Can't say I've ever heard of that. Ever. I suppose everything is relative. What's a high dose and how long is a long time? Narcotics affect the chemicals in our brains. It's why they're prescribed for pain. Once that chemistry is altered I honestly don't believe that one can just decide to quit, get clean without paying the piper. Having plenty of experience at abusing narcotics and getting clean over and over again I can without hesitation say that there is going to be some level of suffering, both physically and mentally while both our minds and bodies heal from that abuse. Sorry but I doubt that your post is going to give anyone any support, mental or otherwise. I would usually just ignore a post like yours but I can't resist telling you that your post is utter nonsense! Furthermore, I don't see that you're making any point.

Peace,

Cat

shawn156 is offline Member

Actually when I stopped last month,I had very little of the w/d symptoms. I was on 5mg 3x a day.I started back on them in October 2012.I did quit a few times between the time I started and up until I returned mine to the pharmacy this last time and had very mild w/ds each time. I wasn't on a very big dose like I had been the previous times so I think that might be why I had it so easy and was able to just walk away from them and it not bother me as bad. I had to use some Immodium a few times and I think that was it. I like the sober life much more,but I do have my days where I can't get around very well because of my back,but I knew this when I stopped taking them. I go see a new Dr next week and maybe I can get something out of him on why my back hurts when I do any lifting and during the winter months.

talangor is offline Junior Member

North
    Contact an opiate research center and tell them about it, your chemistry may solve one of the biggest medical problem of this century. I know one in Calif at UCLA (Center for Study of Opioid Receptors and Drugs of Abuse) , I am sure they would be very interested to hear this.

Billy Joe is offline New Member

Im a long term user of vicoden, 3+ years. Recently i was in a rollover accedent. I was then put on norco for pain. About two years ago i stopped taking my pills, cold turky, for a few days. The first day i felt flue like symptoms, moodyness, and severe fatigue. The next day i was fine. Since then periodicaly i will wean myself off when i want to take a break. Since then i have never felt withdrawl symptoms. Even now, ive been on norco and vicoden for a month. I let my prescription run out because i knew i was taking too mutch. In one month i took 120 tramadol, 240 vico, and 80 norco. Cold turky two days ago no withdrawls. Unfortunatly the pain always comes back
    I think its becaus i take a week or two off, every month or so, that i don't get hooked too bad.

missveronica is offline New Member

I wouldn't consider 5mg 3X day to be a high dose of anything

Ajacobs8884 is offline New Member

I have been using Vicodin and norco for several years. I am 29, and have already had both knees totally replaced, one ankle rebuilt using cadaver bone, and the second ankle to be rebuilt soon. I have never had withdraw symptoms from Percocet, norco or Vicodin even when stopped suddenly. I did have sever withdraw from OxyContin and I will never take that drug again.

damuas1 is offline New Member

Yes. I was on norco 10/325 for eleven years. Started out with 3 per day, and progressed to 8 per day for the last 3 years, when suddenly Dr. said he could not prescribe them any longer. It scared me to death. I freaked out, with everything I read about withdrawals. I quit cold turkey. I waited for horrible withdrawals.....not a lot at all. For 2 days I was a little shaky, headachy, but that's it. I'm on day 14 with no bad side effects or withdrawals. However, I am on Nerontin and I read that Drs prescribe gabapentin sometimes for withdrawal symptoms. If so, I recommend anyone scared or going through withdrawals, ask Dr for gabapentin maybe? I just don't know for sure.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by damuas1 View Post
    Yes. I was on norco 10/325 for eleven years. Started out with 3 per day, and progressed to 8 per day for the last 3 years, when suddenly Dr. said he could not prescribe them any longer. It scared me to death. I freaked out, with everything I read about withdrawals. I quit cold turkey. I waited for horrible withdrawals.....not a lot at all. For 2 days I was a little shaky, headachy, but that's it. I'm on day 14 with no bad side effects or withdrawals. However, I am on Nerontin and I read that Drs prescribe gabapentin sometimes for withdrawal symptoms. If so, I recommend anyone scared or going through withdrawals, ask Dr for gabapentin maybe? I just don't know for sure.
    How much Gabapentin are you taking?

heregoes is offline Junior Member

The withdrawal should be shorter than other longer acting opioids. Good Luck!!

beatit is offline Junior Member

I think it is possible to have very little withdrawals, but having none at all, that is something I have yet to see. I personally am 5 days sober as of today and to be honest, it really hasnt been all that bad these past couple of days, I mean I had the runs, and have been tired, along with the chills, but it literally just fealt like a very light flu, I didnt lose much sleep. The worst part was just lower back pain which was tolerable with some Aleve For now I just feel light headed. It is weird though because before when I really wasnt ready to quit, if I ran out, I would have the worst withdrawals. It may sound cheesy but I have never really believed in God or prayed or anything of that nature, but this last time around 5 days ago, I layed in my bathtub having not taking any norco for about 12 hours at this point and just asked for help, for the first time in my life I prayed for help, from him and some lost family members. I was lucky enough to have mild withdrawal symptoms, and I quit cold turkey from up to 300mg a day of norco, about 30 10/325mg a day.

Itsanewday is offline New Member

Post No withdrawals (yet)??

Quote Originally Posted by Northwesttourguide View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of someone taking a high dosage for a long time , quitting cold turkey and having no withdrawal side effects? I apologize if someone is struggling and come across this but perhaps it may give some mental support knowing that they don't have to suffer.
    yes no withdrawals from norco.. Although I had a different experience, on Norco 10mg 4x as prescribed for various back issues (3 herniated/bulging discs & arthritis) had to take as many as 8 x10 mg. Did not relieve pain the way it did a month ago. I stopped cold turkey yesterday and took Aleve today for pain. (Pain still Horrific this morning). I have only been on Norco for a month. Prior to that 10mg x 4 of Oxycodone for six weeks. No pain relief, what so ever!! No withdrawals either. So although it has been short term use.. Do you find norco to have less withdrawal than Vicodin 5/500? I always seemed to have one day of pretty bad withdrawal with Vicodin. But 2 5/500 Vic's seemed to relieve pain better than 1 10/350 Norco. I too feel for anyone in any kind of PAIN, then having to deal with the withdrawal PAIN and misery of the very prescribed PAIN killer to take away the PAIN in the first place. What a PAIN!!!Sending those who are suffering,healing prayers.

poolsharkgal1 is offline New Member

Hello, I have been on Norco 10 mg 3-5x a day and several times I have been without cold turkey, I thought I was an oddball because I have zero side effects either taking them or withdrawing from them. Do you have a high tolerance to meds? I do, im wondering if us rare people that have a high tolerance to the drugs also have a high tolerance to avoid withdrawls? I had a GTT (genetic tolerance test) done and it showed I am of high tolerance to medication and other things. let me know if this is your case as well! ......I am also on Neurontin (gabapentin) 2400mg per day. I have chronic pain and back and neck issues, fibromyalgia, ....so it also makes me wonder that if we are so used to pain,. that it covers up our ability to experience withdrawls?

mom566 is offline New Member

I've been looking for posts like this. I've been taking 8-10 10/325 of norco for about 9 years. I was prescribed 8 per day for chronic back and neck issues. My husband was also prescribed norco but didn't take them often so if I wanted more than I had I would just take his. My husband passed away in February this year. This month I found myself running out 2 weeks early and realized I just had to tough it out. I've taken nothing for 10 days now and I feel fine. We'll fine for a woman of 62 but just the same as always, except my pain was worse. How is this possible? I never took them to get high but I haven't felt anything from them for a long time. But I stopped getting much pain relief from them a long time ago also. Just kept taking them because I was afraid of withdrawal. Is it possible my wd is yet to come even after 10 days?
    I'm sorry if this makes anyone angry. I know what you are all going through because my husband went through it many times. I just need to know.

NorcNO is offline New Member

I feel that without the w/d it would be easier to relapse. I know that I never want to go through those w/ds again. If I didn't have that healthy fear I would trick myself into thinking I could just take one or two here and there.

I think the only way to tell if you have no w/d is to stop taking all drugs. It is hard to say you have no w/d when you are taking other pills.

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Good thread! I've wondered myself why this happens?! I don't know if it's the diet you are in that causes this or something else. But norco 10/325 gives me a easier time. While lortab 5/500 is hellish! It's maybe the other compound and filers that is being used?

gsdalphamom is offline New Member

I have been on hydrocodone for almost 10 years. Worked my way up to 10/325 4x daily. I took this dosage for about 3-years. At times I was taking 5 or 6 pills daily (my prescript was for 4 daily, though). I STOPPED taking the hydrocodone this past Monday, cold turkey. Thus far I have had nearly no wd symptoms...other that a little diarrhea. I'm wondering if my daily routine is helping to keep the wd symptoms away. First, I do have a long-standing prescript for clonidine (0.1 mg helps with anxiety/hot flashes). Second, I've been drinking detox tea and coconut water....lots of it. Thrid, I also have a long-standing prescript for trazodone, which I take 25mg at night to help me sleep. Another prescript I take is hydrochlorothiazide, which is a diuretic...maybe between this pill and the detox tea stuff is flushing out of my system faster as I'm always running to the bathroom to pee (sorry might be too much info there). I'm also taking a few supplements, Magnesium and Green Vibrance (this is a drink..tastes awful but gives lots of energy). I'm not taking any valium-type drugs...just what I listed above. Maybe this info will help someone.

BlazinStorm is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gsdalphamom View Post
    I have been on hydrocodone for almost 10 years. Worked my way up to 10/325 4x daily. I took this dosage for about 3-years. At times I was taking 5 or 6 pills daily (my prescript was for 4 daily, though). I STOPPED taking the hydrocodone this past Monday, cold turkey. Thus far I have had nearly no wd symptoms...other that a little diarrhea. I'm wondering if my daily routine is helping to keep the wd symptoms away. First, I do have a long-standing prescript for clonidine (0.1 mg helps with anxiety/hot flashes). Second, I've been drinking detox tea and coconut water....lots of it. Thrid, I also have a long-standing prescript for trazodone, which I take 25mg at night to help me sleep. Another prescript I take is hydrochlorothiazide, which is a diuretic...maybe between this pill and the detox tea stuff is flushing out of my system faster as I'm always running to the bathroom to pee (sorry might be too much info there). I'm also taking a few supplements, Magnesium and Green Vibrance (this is a drink..tastes awful but gives lots of energy). I'm not taking any valium-type drugs...just what I listed above. Maybe this info will help someone.
    That's not what I would consider a high dose. I, too, took hydro for years (3x 5mg at a time, several times a day). I could always stop and not notice. When I began taking the Roxi 30's. 3 or more x per day, and thru the nose, this is when I noticed w/d. At my peak, I was taking over 200mg per day plus opana and whatever else I could get my hands on. There's no way to end a habit like this without w/d. But it once you've crossed this bridge? One measly little Percocet could send me into a 3 day w/d, no matter the time span from my last use.

Mrsmith920 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gsdalphamom View Post
    Hello,
    I too have worked my way up to x4 10/325 and 5/325 a day. I have been taking vicodin and Norco (which ever I end up getting) for the past 15 years on and off..mostly on though. it all started from a serious off-road motorcycle off a cliff experience, then multiple back injuries throughout my working days. I taken short breaks in between. but never was able to make it more than a few days. always ended up fighting to not take them and then giving up and I end up back on them. over the many years I have gotten very good at regulating my self and taking them on a schedule, so well that it has become my life. but I recently ran out, took a half pill 10/325 Norco last friday, and I'm fighting a serious mental and painful deal right now..I'm supposed to get more pills today sometime..but I have also been fighting mentally to get off of them..I do however stay working while on them, but my mental focus is falling apart. I'm 43 now..besides the usual knee and low and mid back issues..I feel more low back or low back side pains that are very uncomfortable..feels like my kidneys or something..can anyone tell me if this could be withdrawls?? I can recal these pains last time I tried to stop taking them..but mentally I'm trying to tell myself, to stay off the pills and don't take the new refills and the pain will pass. but I'm afraid I will lose the battle and go back on..just to stop the pains..I do not take anything else besides Excedrin. I have zero support for fighting this battle..basically my family has no clue. so I turned to the internet with hopes to read or find similar stories to help me push through it.

Johnny47 is offline New Member

Mr.Smith, how are you doing? I'm just trolling the boards on day 1 of CT and wanted to check in with you.

Viktory2k1 is offline New Member

Well, I have multiple neck disk and "displacement" issues and 2 chronic compression fractures at T4 and T6 and 2 or 3 disks there bulging 4mm, stenosis in neck and back. Haven't had lumbar MRI yet, a little scared. I had a fall from the top of a semi trailer at work 17 years ago and landed in a sitting position. Funny how the 75% fractured vertabre didn't show up back then but it did show lumbar issues. If I remember, L6 and S1 sac being compressed. I just found this all out in April but I always complained about back and neck pain. I have had 1 series of steroid injections in my thoracac and get neck ones the 15th of June. I have been on oxycodone 5/325 for a little over a year usually 20-25 mg a day. Now I am in pain mgt and my new script is 1200mg gabapentin and oxycodone 5/325 and it says take 1 tab every 6 hours. I take 2 twice a day, better then nothing like I am on now because my bottle was stolen days after being filled and I didn't really have any w/d's. I wanted them but not much more but that is hardly a high dose. They are giving my more next Monday and if it wasn't for the severe pain those first injections gave me, I wouldn't even get them filled. I read here ppl are on like 5 80mg oxys a day, I always wonder what injury you would have to have to get a dose that big. That pain mgt is not a good place so far, serious lack of communication. I told them I needed more thoracac injections and they scheduled me for neck ones because I was complaining of mass neck pain, while my neck is in pain and cant turn my head to the left some days, never once did I say my neck was in severe pain. Just today, they called concerned about my neck pain, I, for the 4th time, said its my thoracac that is the worst, in one ear and out the other, I think I took my last oxy 8 or 9 days ago. Not all were stolen, just 3/4 of the bottle. I do not have a safe yet but I have a huge tool box I will keep them in for now. I am sure they hear everyday someones meds were stolen but mine really were and I know who did it and that person is no longer in my life(13 years down the toilet if you know what I mean). I did not turn the person in.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi Viktory..
    Did you have a question that I missed in your post?

If you want some support it would be good if you could start your own
    thread on the Need to talk board.

If you were asking how much pain a person would need to have to have
    A hugh amt of opiates prescribed?

I think the answer would be for some we took more than prescribed..

I hope all goes well and will look for your thread..
    Take care
    Bette

gaso is offline New Member

Hello I'm at day 4 of no norco 5 years of 60 mg a day not >>>> to some heads but enough to have harsh withdrawl I taper ed this time and it work did Matt finch regime and few zany bars and some weed and I'm off the stuff for good I don't really think about it I have a whole botter of 160 left so I'm getting rid of them I actually feel pretty good I'm surprised if you tapper so much easier on you I used the zanax for 3 days for sleep and last five days weed and no pills you can do it its not as bad as you think I hope this gives someone hope I'm finally free and I owe moms for all support
    Lorelei535 likes this.

Obsession24 is offline New Member

Reading all these posts about having no w/d symptoms .. Just wondering how many of you with no w/d were taking gabapentin? I am prescribed norco and recently my dr added gabapentin .. I tried to quit this past January and I made it about 48 hours and just couldn't take the misery anymore. I was so sick and miserable, couldn't work basically dysfunctional! I caved.. So tired of the dependency but not tough enough to get through the wd.