Norco Withdrawl Journal
    leogirl1980 is offline New Member

Default Norco Withdrawl Journal

I am 33 yr old female who has self-medicated for the last 4.5 years. I started out with just a couple of Norco 10/325 a day. Maybe even every few days. I had easy access to them and I liked the way they made me feel. I got so much done! I felt like "Wow this is how I'm supposed to feel." Then it became daily and eventually I couldn't even do my basics without it. Only during the last few months have I been exceeding the "daily limit". Then my supply was switched to oxycodone 10/325. So it got to the point that I took whichever I came across. Then I started drinking while taking them. Just bad, bad. Anyhow, long story short, I'm on day 4 c/t. I researched (googled) norco detox at home and found The Thomas Recipe. That lead me to this site and I've been following here and there ever since. Over and over I've researched this site. The posts/replies by robert_325 were very helpful. Let me just say that if you follow the Thomas recipe you can do it too. I haven't found many recent threads so I wanted to start one in case someone is looking for support. Maybe we can help each other with our stories.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Your best bet to get the most support is to post in the "need to talk" forum. There are many threads there where people are trying to quit the hydro/oxy. Good for you, though, leogirl. Were you forced to quit? ie. no supply or do you want this? I mean want it more than anything you have ever wanted in your lifetime? YOU HAVE TO WANT this. It's easy to get clean, hard to stay that way. As a friend on this board says "there is always that one pill waiting around the corner". The reason it's hard for most of us is that we don't know how to live "clean", as in "what am I going to do with myself now?" Start a journal on the "need to talk" board. Read caughtagain's thread and most important read "ASK RUTH" by ARTIST_658. I suggest that you try NA/AA as a support group. The board can't give the f2f that a group CAN. You should be feeling some better by now. I wish you luck and give you HOPE for a clean future.

Peace,

Iloerose

bludonki is offline New Member

I will take any support you haave to offer