Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iamthestorm
  • 1 Post By Iamthestorm
Norcos and tramadol abuser
    Iamthestorm is offline New Member

Default Norcos and tramadol abuser

After about 2 years of willingly putting that junk in my body( orally, never snorted or otherwise) I had enough. Sure I would make sure the bills got paid but any extra cash went to finding more pills! I used to have hobbies that no longer brought me any joy, matter of fact nothing actually brought me any joy then being high on the pills. I started with a legit script from knee issues. Something about a petella something.... Like my leg muscles didn't keep my knee caps aligned correctly and caused great discomfort. Then I injured my mcl in high school wrestling and then a few years later found I had torn cartilage in the same knee. Had an arthroscope? done with no relief. The surgery was almost 2 years ago now and I've been abusing ever since. After reading a lot of stories and advice I've decided enough is enough. The Thomas recipe has really helped in my W/D. I'm starting my 4th day sober( minus 4 Valium as noted in Thomas recipe). I don't feel 100% but way way way better than day 1 and 2. I've found your mind set is a HUGE factor in being successful with this. One thing I've read that has seemed to help me through is. When the devil whispers in your ear" You CANT endure the storm; the warrior replies " I AM the Fxxxing Storm".

Also I would like to thanks each and one that has offered some insight for relief from the hellish W/D symptoms. Especially this Melinda and Robert. Though I never personally reached out to you and most likely will not, your wealth of knowledge and willingness to help others out of tough situations leaves me speechless. In a good way though! Two amazing people that I've repeatedly seen asking for updates and giving yet more advice. Even though your comments were not to me personally, they helped me feel like someone does care, even a total stranger and that I think is rare these days. So again THANK YOU!!!

Being a new member I wasn't sure where to post. Feel free to move or delete as needed. Just give those 2 the gratitude and appreciation from me as I think they do an awesome job and really help people clean their lives up!

As a final word, be that warrior!!!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Iamthestorm
    Good job deciding to quit. This is the right place to relate your experiences. Hang in there! You're right about attitude. Determination is all we have when the going gets tough. We're here to support your effort. You won't regret this good choice. Post when you can...

Iamthestorm is offline New Member

Hey all! It's been I think 13 days now dice my last dose. Have had no slip ups even tho I have wanted a few time from sleepless nights. The RLS has been my biggest problem lately. I find OTC sleep aids actually makes it worse. Still feel super sluggish and making it through the work work is tough, really tough. Although nothing near as bad as the first week lol.
    Just was checking in. Everyone's supporting words I've read on other posts has helped tremendously to stay clean. Now I just can't wait to be feeling like I'm not always tired lol. Good luck to all struggling! And remember, be that warrior!!

Thanks for asking how it was going too, btw
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Iamthestorm
    Congratulations! Proud of you! You did it!
    For me, over the counter sleep aids didn't help either. Just gotta tough it out sometimes but hey--youarethestorm! You can do this and you are!
    Proud of you!