Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
Oh my oh my!
    mc2112 is offline New Member

Default Oh my oh my!

Ok, here it goes, I am a mother of a 15 year old, and have been taking Vicodin daily since 1992! When my RX would run out, I would go to the "streets". I am so over it, all money is gone! I have not had any since last night at 7:30, it's 3:51 now. I would get my moms RX, and not tell her. ugh, I went to NA in 2010, but only because the courts made me, I was still taking them. And I say the courts, because I totalled my car, while "on one" mixed with soma, and tons of xanax. The vicodin does not make me loopy, just "motivated", if I dont have them, them I will call in sick to work, and sweat, with uncontrollable yawns, watering eyes/, the runs. I need help. Oh yah..No body knows, I can't bring myself to let my family know that I have been lying to them since 2010. I have heared on these forums that you just need to "get over the hump", but come on, I have been eating these like candy for 21 years! I do want to be normal, I hate spending my money, but the most important thing is that I want to be healthy. Ps Iam 39.

istrvler is offline Member

The hump is a little while away. My wife and I are on day 4 but we are still not feeling great we are feeling better than we were yesterday but not great. Don't want to scare you but I really don't want to lie to you. Day 2 stunk and Day 3 was tough today was better but not great. I haven't been able to sleep but my wife has. There is something called the Thomas Recipe it includes taking Benzos at night we don't have access to them but it also has supplements that have helped they are b6 caps a good mineral supplement I added b12s and l-tyrosine you can Google it. Other than that it is just toughing it out but it will be worth it. No counting pills, being a slave to them and as you sa>> being healthy.

Thank you, I d>> read about the Thomas recipe, and I will try it. Best of luck to you and the wife!

bowtiesarecool is offline Junior Member

It will be tough, no doubt about that but it will be worth it. I'm at the beginning as well, starting over after a 4 year bender. I've had my clean days and my high days and I can tell you bring sober was much much better. You will feel like you got the flu for a few days and then you'll start to come out if it. I just can't stress how much better the other s>>e is. I think also you've reached a point in your life where you want to be clean and experience sobriety, for you and your child. I have a 14 year old myself and I wasted enough of my life high, time to devote time to her.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Yup, you need to get over the "hump", how many were you taking per day? I agree that getting over the "hump" isn't going to be the be all and end all of this. You have spent half your life as an addict. Check out the Thomas Recipe. Is this going to be easy? No way and you know it. There is no magic cure-all and you know that too. The thing that you need to do is to be committed: Want this more than you want anything in your life. This is the hardest thing you'll ever do and the most important thing you will ever do. You have a 15 year old, do you think he/she doesn't know? You'd be surprised. Can you do this? Of course: but you'll need to put all of your energy into this. This is going to be a long road. No joke.

From the Thomas Recipe: given your familiarity with the benzos, I'd avo>> those, if possible.

1. Immodium will help immensely, not only with the runs, but the loperim>>e has an opiate that does not cross the blood/brain barrier.

2. Make yourself as comfortable as possible: You have a very bad flu. Hot baths help, with epsom salts.

3. Stay hydrated: water, pure fruit juices, gatorade (will also help RLS) stay away from sugary drinks.

4. Exercise as you can: One member swears by even a 12 min. walk. Exercise will help get those natural
    endorphines and other chemicals in your brain start to regenerate.

5. Hyland's Calmes Forte or Hyland's restful leg for RLS.

6. Pottasium: bananas, a supplement and also the gatorade (also for RLS)

Eat as healthy as you can, stay away from processed foods. And, most important, attitude, attitude: You know already what you are going to go through. STAY STRONG.

Post. You may want to post in "need to talk" there seems to be more traffic there. And always, always, remember YOU CAN DO THIS.

Peace,

Iloerose
    mc2112 likes this.

bowtiesarecool is offline Junior Member

I hope you have kept your resolve and are just to busy going through it to post. I think we can all understand that. When you feel like you can, come here and let us know how it's going. Even if you have in and took a pill, do not be embarrassed. We are all addicts here and many of us have tried to get clean and failed. Don't be afraid to post, no one here will judge and it can really make things easier. Either way I hope your well and don't give up on yourself.

Thank you, I am doing horrible. I don't know how to handle this. It's unbearable. Words of encouragement do help.

istrvler is offline Member

So you are on what day 3? They are the worse physically we are slightly a head of you it does get better. We are on day 6 and the physical crud is much better. It does get better every day. Did you get the Thomas Formula stuff and remember hot showers or baths. They do help. You can do this you have a day or so to go before you get to that hump you were talking about. Its tough but you are tougher.