ONE day at a time???
    CHESNEY024 is offline New Member

Default ONE day at a time???

I have taken Lortab for 15 years, prescribed by a doctor... 120 10 MG lortabs a month! I take 30 mg 3 times a day. Sometimes less depending on how long I am awake. For the last 3 days I have been tapering down... I had no tabs this morning and took my last methadone (1 10 MG) 24 hrs ago. I really have not felt to bad. I guess my question is.. is it a good sign that I haven't had a lot of symptoms or is the worse yet to come??? I am really scared and would love some advice from people that have been here in the place I am or maybe there right now. thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good night.

10years39days is offline Member

Symptoms will likely creep in tonight. Keep posting, and I’m certain you’ll get some great advice on this forum. Are you completely out of Lortab? Have you ever run out or tried to quit before? How did you feel then?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHESNEY024 View Post
    I have taken Lortab for 15 years, prescribed by a doctor... 120 10 MG lortabs a month! I take 30 mg 3 times a day. Sometimes less depending on how long I am awake. For the last 3 days I have been tapering down... I had no tabs this morning and took my last methadone (1 10 MG) 24 hrs ago. I really have not felt to bad. I guess my question is.. is it a good sign that I haven't had a lot of symptoms or is the worse yet to come??? I am really scared and would love some advice from people that have been here in the place I am or maybe there right now. thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good night.

Welcome to the forum, Chesney.

We need a bit more info to better help you. The key statement for me is you saying you "took your last 10mg Methadone 24 hours ago". How long have you been on Methadone? What was your highest dose? How did you reduce your dose if you were on a higher amount?

Methadone has a real long half life, meaning it remains in your system for days. For that reason when you stop taking it you'll feel ok the first 2-3 days then the wd's hit. Depending on the answers to my questions will determine what you're in for.

The Lortab itself will be out of your system quickly. If you were only taking that you would experience wd's for about a week. But you add Methadone to the mix and you'll be detoxing from both, with the Methadone being the worst of it.

Get back with more info and we'll go from there.

Randy

paronirick is offline Junior Member

I have to agree with both comments. I'm neither an expert nor a counselor but as stated, each drug regardless of its catagory has certain half life in our blood system. That's precisely why most meds are recommended more than once a day to maintain its circulation. Taking 3 lortab for 15 years most likely has resulted in certain dependency. That's alot of lortabs. Add methadone to that and the risk of dependent is relatively increased. Also taking the methadone could have made your lortab withdrawal symptoms. I am assuming your symptoms will stay 24 hours after your last pill. Believe me I have been going through it for the past 20 days. Every single person's experience is different. Currently I am taking a mental beating like no other. I endured and just broke through the worst physical symptoms ever, but mentally. That's where I'm stuck. The worse part of it is that as days go by my physical strenght increases while my mental down mood increases. Beef, Randy or any of the veterans... I welcome your feedback in battling this semi depressive state