Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By onelasttime
  • 1 Post By onelasttime
OnSuboxone and have surgery coming up for wisdom teeth with gen anesthesia. Robert?
    onelasttime is offline New Member

Default OnSuboxone and have surgery coming up for wisdom teeth with gen anesthesia. Robert?

I cant beleive Robert is gone. I was here many years ago and he CT me out of OXY. I am on 1 doe of about 3-4mg of suboxone film. I read in his Taper to take it twice a day 2mg 2mg etc but should i do that twice a day If im not already dosing twice a day? Ive been on them about 3 years and with this surgery would like to hop off. Im tapering now. I have 5 weeks to taper off. I told my surgeon but i dont think they really understand Bupe.

So im currently on day 3 on ROberts taper on 3mg I just only take once a day. I can go 2-3 days without feeling any WD so not sure how addicted my body is but his plan is pretty much the best plan. Not sure if I should split my dose to twice a day or stay what im at now.

Is Melinda still on here at least?

I calculated my 4 day tapers at 20 days ill be at .25. Thats if my body takes the reductions that well. Anyways >> like this surgery to be a good hop off spot and be clean.

Any one with genuine personal experience please chime in. I really wish Robert was here

melindau is offline Member

Hi Onelastime
    Im here!!! my screen name is a little different now...but im right here...robert wanted to do some things with his church and could not do both so he retired from here! but not to worry there are so many people on here that can help you...
    Melinda

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there onelasttime.. I to was thinking I would jump off after surgery. I broke 4 toes on my left foot and have a cast for 6 weeks if the cast doesn't work then surgery. My doctor doesn't know anything about sub either.
    Why do you think surgery is a good time to jump? I too think it is because you are at a lower dose already and after the narcotics ( mine will be given to me by someone else) that are given for pain can help with the withdrawals..
    I have been reading here for awhile there are a few people tapering right now. I want to be taper buddies.. Do you think you are too far ahead of me?

I am starting a new thread. And I will check back with you later. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by melindau View Post
    Hi Onelastime
    Im here!!! my screen name is a little different now...but im right here...robert wanted to do some things with his church and could not do both so he retired from here! but not to worry there are so many people on here that can help you...
    Melinda
    You and Robert both helped me when I kicked OXY i was under BDOG then. music man or someone else was also around. So glad to see you here...You know. I kind of thought when i saw Robert gone that he had really testified his story and helped prob thousands of ppl. and he deserves sometime for a life so I completely understand where he was coming from. He def saved my life as my old oxy partner passed away 1 month ago sadly. That could of been me. But he walked me through cold turkey the whole way. He was even talking it through with my then GF now wife while I was so sick lol. I had subs but was terrified of preciptated WD that i waited 3 days before i was going to induct and he was like. brother your already half way there man up...and I did. Anyways I love you guys story and cant believe its been 3-4 years wow does time fly by.

I remember when we were talking before you had a surgery you had to go through not sure if you were on subs or not. But I think I read where Robert had a dental procedure and bone removal surgery while he was on Subs? I told my surgeon bc i would be stupid not to. But i also told him i was going to try and go through recovery without pain meds. not sure if i can do it but it just shows how much i dont want to use. im totally through with it. since we las spoke I have my wife now and had 2 girls. one unfortunately had complications and didnt make it but is still my daughter. Sorry for the gloom but its ok.

So i was worried my gen anesthesia wouldnt work or that there could be omplications with surgery bc of my subs. but after reading i also thought...hey this is the perfect time to just get off them. Not sure if tapering until the surgery and hopping off at .25 mg and waiting 3 days will let the meds work and if the pain meds they give me for recovery will help me with te subs WD and by the time i use them all as perscribed of course it will offset and I can just be done...if that makes sense. But let me know what you and Rob think if you dont mind bothering him. I understand if not. but i think he went through the exact same procedure i did and might be the same situation. so pick his brain and see if it is. and also if this will be a good opp to stop the subs. im at @ 2.85-3 mg for the past 4 days. I will drop .25 tomorrow. Oh also I saw in his taper plan how he said dose twice a day. but I have always dosed 1 time a day and usually skip a day normally. but the halflife issue not sure if i should stay at dosing once a day.. sometimes I just forget to take it. which is good. anyways sorry to ramble but so glad t see you on here to carry on the paying it forward help. It def saved my life and you and him are the ones to thanks as well as god and my own will...CT wasnt easy thats why im kicking myself for falling into this.

So

Let me know about the surgery and any complications or my receptor still not accepting pain meds for the pain.

also if this is the perfect time to quit the subs with the surgery coming in 5 weeks. (currently at 2.85-3mg)

also if general anasthesia will have issues with nolaxone and subs in my system dose should be .25 by then god willing. I asked the docs but they dont know about this drug like you guys do

and any other helpful info. oh yea the 2 times daily dosing. i have always only taken once a day. also my halflife seems to be day 3 late day 3 feeling the onset of WD.

And with Roberts lan jumping at .25 or lower ill there still be 3-7 days of big time full blown with drawels? im ready to get off this stuff even though i dont get high on it all it does is stop cravings. but i dont need it and want it gone.

wow that ws alot of info lol. thanks for dropping in!

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Hi there onelasttime.. I to was thinking I would jump off after surgery. I broke 4 toes on my left foot and have a cast for 6 weeks if the cast doesn't work then surgery. My doctor doesn't know anything about sub either.
    Why do you think surgery is a good time to jump? I too think it is because you are at a lower dose already and after the narcotics ( mine will be given to me by someone else) that are given for pain can help with the withdrawals..
    I have been reading here for awhile there are a few people tapering right now. I want to be taper buddies.. Do you think you are too far ahead of me?

I am starting a new thread. And I will check back with you later. Take care!

Sure no problem would love a taper buddy.

I was taking about 4mg fr about 3 years somedays ill skip a day bc ill forget but i does once a day when i do dose. but im sure im addicted to them physically. I was thinking since surgery if im on normal sub does then any pain management wont work and I read alot of horror stories for ppl that have surgery and the pain meds cant break through. im wondering if i can flip how subs help ppl withdraw from opiats and use the prescribed opiates to taper off the subs while using the surgery to be that point. if that makes sense
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hi Onelastime
    Melinda
    Also Melinda.

Is Robert's Sub Taper for ppl that induced right after coming off other Opiates? or does it also apply to someone who has been on a maintenance dose for many years (3)

thanks!

hi onelastime
    im working on this..kinda having a day! there is a lot of stuff to cover and want to get it all right...
    I gotta run into town give me a little bit and Ill be right back..sorry for the delay ...
    Melinda

hey no rush im good. Just alot of specifics I want to make sure I get right. Very important ones especially with surgery so take your time and not in crisis mode so def dont rush ; ) Im just glad I know you both have been through this and can answer bc if I left it up to my sub doctor or my surgeon i would be in bad shape. I think i listed all my questions but if there is anything i need to clarify feel free. thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by onelasttime View Post
    You and Robert both helped me when I kicked OXY i was under BDOG then. music man or someone else was also around. So glad to see you here...You know. I kind of thought when i saw Robert gone that he had really testified his story and helped prob thousands of ppl. and he deserves sometime for a life so I completely understand where he was coming from. He def saved my life as my old oxy partner passed away 1 month ago sadly. That could of been me. But he walked me through cold turkey the whole way. He was even talking it through with my then GF now wife while I was so sick lol. I had subs but was terrified of preciptated WD that i waited 3 days before i was going to induct and he was like. brother your already half way there man up...and I did. Anyways I love you guys story and cant believe its been 3-4 years wow does time fly by.

I remember when we were talking before you had a surgery you had to go through not sure if you were on subs or not. But I think I read where Robert had a dental procedure and bone removal surgery while he was on Subs? I told my surgeon bc i would be stupid not to. But i also told him i was going to try and go through recovery without pain meds. not sure if i can do it but it just shows how much i dont want to use. im totally through with it. since we las spoke I have my wife now and had 2 girls. one unfortunately had complications and didnt make it but is still my daughter. Sorry for the gloom but its ok.

So i was worried my gen anesthesia wouldnt work or that there could be omplications with surgery bc of my subs. but after reading i also thought...hey this is the perfect time to just get off them. Not sure if tapering until the surgery and hopping off at .25 mg and waiting 3 days will let the meds work and if the pain meds they give me for recovery will help me with te subs WD and by the time i use them all as perscribed of course it will offset and I can just be done...if that makes sense. But let me know what you and Rob think if you dont mind bothering him. I understand if not. but i think he went through the exact same procedure i did and might be the same situation. so pick his brain and see if it is. and also if this will be a good opp to stop the subs. im at @ 2.85-3 mg for the past 4 days. I will drop .25 tomorrow. Oh also I saw in his taper plan how he said dose twice a day. but I have always dosed 1 time a day and usually skip a day normally. but the halflife issue not sure if i should stay at dosing once a day.. sometimes I just forget to take it. which is good. anyways sorry to ramble but so glad t see you on here to carry on the paying it forward help. It def saved my life and you and him are the ones to thanks as well as god and my own will...CT wasnt easy thats why im kicking myself for falling into this.

So

Let me know about the surgery and any complications or my receptor still not accepting pain meds for the pain.

also if this is the perfect time to quit the subs with the surgery coming in 5 weeks. (currently at 2.85-3mg)

also if general anasthesia will have issues with nolaxone and subs in my system dose should be .25 by then god willing. I asked the docs but they dont know about this drug like you guys do

and any other helpful info. oh yea the 2 times daily dosing. i have always only taken once a day. also my halflife seems to be day 3 late day 3 feeling the onset of WD.

And with Roberts lan jumping at .25 or lower ill there still be 3-7 days of big time full blown with drawels? im ready to get off this stuff even though i dont get high on it all it does is stop cravings. but i dont need it and want it gone.

wow that ws alot of info lol. thanks for dropping in!
    Hi Bdog!
    ha Ha I do remember you!!! I must tell you that it will be me talking to you..as I told you robert has moved on if you know what I mean by that...The first thing we need to do is get you off the subs before your surgery!!! robert went in for his colonoscopy when he was on subs and they could not put him out because of the subs...I did have surgery and they messed it up so I had to be back on pain pills for a few months...so I went on subs after that... and did a taper off of them...I'm really happy for you that you got married ... I remember your g-friend also! sorry that your back here but I got to tell you I love hearing from the old timers! and I'm so sorry about your Baby girl!!! ... Life can really beat us up sometimes!!

as far as dosing once a day! I would say stay with it if it works for you ...Let's keep tapering before the surgery tho...it would be great if your could be 4 days out to make sure everything goes the way it should...

as far as pain meds goes for after the surgery and wondering if it will help with w/d from the subs...yes it will but we need to be careful that you don't get back into old habits... (YOU KNOW) ....so if your wife could hold them that would be great!!!

I think it would be good to break this all down and take it one day at a time... but we need to get you off the subs before surgery!!!
    It was so good to hear from you!! I know there are many people here that would love to help you out on this journey!
    Melinda

So it looks like getting off the sub before surgery and using the pain meds post surgery for pain and withdrawals is a good idea. I was gonna go from 6mg to 5 mg but Someone who has succeeded said 4.5mg would be good.. So 4.5 mg tomorrow. I was dosing 3x a day . So I am gonna go to 2x a day tomorrow.. I want to be done with this . I want to be off before the holidays at the longest . I will check in again .. Take care

Hi Bdog!
    ha Ha I do remember you!!! I must tell you that it will be me talking to you..as I told you robert has moved on if you know what I mean by that...The first thing we need to do is get you off the subs before your surgery!!! robert went in for his colonoscopy when he was on subs and they could not put him out because of the subs...I did have surgery and they messed it up so I had to be back on pain pills for a few months...so I went on subs after that... and did a taper off of them...I'm really happy for you that you got married ... I remember your g-friend also! sorry that your back here but I got to tell you I love hearing from the old timers! and I'm so sorry about your Baby girl!!! ... Life can really beat us up sometimes!!

as far as dosing once a day! I would say stay with it if it works for you ...Let's keep tapering before the surgery tho...it would be great if your could be 4 days out to make sure everything goes the way it should...

as far as pain meds goes for after the surgery and wondering if it will help with w/d from the subs...yes it will but we need to be careful that you don't get back into old habits... (YOU KNOW) ....so if your wife could hold them that would be great!!!

I think it would be good to break this all down and take it one day at a time... but we need to get you off the subs before surgery!!!
    It was so good to hear from you!! I know there are many people here that would love to help you out on this journey!
    Melinda

Ok thanks so much for replying.
    So I agree lets break this down to a day by day thing. I am currently at 2.6666 a dose or a 1/3 of a strip now for day 4. So my next dose reduction will be lets just say 2mg even for another 4 days. Hopefully my body wont feel it as bad. but my surgery is oct 21st so I should be close to then. they say 1mg of bupe is like 40 mg of morphine so hopefully I can at least get down to .25 close to surgery date. but I do remember Rob saying for his Dental procedure he was able to get put under from the Propfol which is something the doctor discussed with me during our discussion of my meds and the general anesthesia. but I just have heard so many horror stories..even from doctors about subs and surgery i want to make sure its all planned and there is knowledge on their side about it. So tomorrow I will drop to my next dose. And will outline it so you can follow me and check in on me

Just checking in I started my 1.5 mg reduction today. was sick last week but stuck with the reductions.. that sure sucked bc I couldnt tell if I was having mild WD from the reductions or just sick. So far so good. We will see how my body reacts to this 2.0mg to 1.5mg reduction. From 4mg to 3mg to 2mg wasnt bad at all. My half life is forever on these. I think almost 3 days so its hard to judge. but 25 days to go to surgery so I will have this left

thats 15 days right there leaving me with 10 days to surgery

so Melinda should I go from .50 to .25 or try lower? then when i skip a couple day hopefully im not in pain or WD going into a surgery that would be horrible on top of my nerves. Ive never been put under so not excited. But not going to get my wisdom teeth removed awake neither.

So If i reduced to .25 or lower from .50 I would have 5 days after that reduction until surgery.

They say 1mg of bupe is 40 mg of morphine equivalent so It would take if im at .25 of bupe it would take 10mg morphine to overtake the bupe from what Ive read but who really knows except Robert himself. Anyways if i skip 2-3 dys on a .25 dose i should have minimal bupe on my receptors. but also wont be feeling great if I can guess. I dont know how I will cut these slivers that small and how it will even absorb but will do it.

iluvtosmile how are you doing?

onelast time I lost this thread...Im so sorry i was looking ...I will be back on line tonight to post please forgive me!!!
    Melinda

Hi there
    Congratulations!
    I started another thread in the suboxone treatment thread.. I am glad you are doing so well.. I will most likely not have to have surgery ( I hope). My foot feels like it is getting stronger. I go to the doctor next week and he is gonna take my cast off and X-ray it.. I have been following directions and not putting any weight on it .. Hopefully my X-ray will improve..

I am on 3 mg and tapering every 4 days or until I am stable ..
    Following Roberts taper.. I am willing to follow suggestions of other people who have succeeded. I am tired of trying to control everything .. I have been doing that for the past 10+ years and I ended up right here!
    Time to try something new.

I recently read a taper similar to yours the guy was able to get through it relatively quick..
    He relapsed though I am not sure if it was the fast taper or getting off of suboxone and continuing to do the same cr<p!
    Probably a little of both..
    You are going to do ok because you really sound like you want to do this and I certainly understand wanting the anesthesia to work..
    I am not sure if sub would affect the propofol because it is not an opiate ..
    What did your doctor say about propofol and sub?

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for asking!
    I will talk to you soon,

Bet

Quote Originally Posted by onelasttime View Post
    Just checking in I started my 1.5 mg reduction today. was sick last week but stuck with the reductions.. that sure sucked bc I couldnt tell if I was having mild WD from the reductions or just sick. So far so good. We will see how my body reacts to this 2.0mg to 1.5mg reduction. From 4mg to 3mg to 2mg wasnt bad at all. My half life is forever on these. I think almost 3 days so its hard to judge. but 25 days to go to surgery so I will have this left

thats 15 days right there leaving me with 10 days to surgery

so Melinda should I go from .50 to .25 or try lower? then when i skip a couple day hopefully im not in pain or WD going into a surgery that would be horrible on top of my nerves. Ive never been put under so not excited. But not going to get my wisdom teeth removed awake neither.

So If i reduced to .25 or lower from .50 I would have 5 days after that reduction until surgery.

They say 1mg of bupe is 40 mg of morphine equivalent so It would take if im at .25 of bupe it would take 10mg morphine to overtake the bupe from what Ive read but who really knows except Robert himself. Anyways if i skip 2-3 dys on a .25 dose i should have minimal bupe on my receptors. but also wont be feeling great if I can guess. I dont know how I will cut these slivers that small and how it will even absorb but will do it.
    Hi onelastime if you can stick with that taper plan that would be great...10 tens would be plenty of time to get the subs out of your system so you could go to sleep during surgery...so do you have a plan for after care...are you going to take pain pills after the surgery??? you know I was clean for a year and then had to have surgery and they screwed it up so I had to take pills for a couple months and that is when I decided to try subs...I really do think they were harder for me to get off of than the pills...
    talk to you soon,Melinda

Hi onelastime if you can stick with that taper plan that would be great...10 tens would be plenty of time to get the subs out of your system so you could go to sleep during surgery...so do you have a plan for after care...are you going to take pain pills after the surgery??? you know I was clean for a year and then had to have surgery and they screwed it up so I had to take pills for a couple months and that is when I decided to try subs...I really do think they were harder for me to get off of than the pills...
    talk to you soon,Melinda
    Just checking in
    Had my surgery yesterday. I think the samething that happened to Robert happened to me they used propofol and versed and couldn't get me asleep all the way. I don't remember but they were only able to get 2 teeth out so I have to go back. I had tapered to .5mg and went 2 days without before the surgery. The doctor gave m tramadol. So my whole transition thing didn't work out. But I have t go to get the other 2 out in December so looks lik I get a 2nd chance. I really thought I didn't want to be in mild WD going into my surgery yesterday bbc I was so nervous. im in bad pain just taking tramadol. not sure if I could taper with that but I took a sub dose and my tramadol dose as well. I want off the sub and felt I missed my chance even a tech there said he has had ppl come off the sub take Percocet like 4 days before surgery so they could sedate them. He said thePain management guy said the subs are off your system in 24 hours ol. just shows how much they know. He said after 24 hours they could push off the remaining bupe with fentanyl etc. >> rather not have a crisis like that

So I think Robert and I had the same issue I weigh 240 but I think he said he also has some jaw removed too. not sure if he had to go in for 2 surgeries But I want to take advantage of this 2nd chance what should I do with my sub dosage slightly decreas even more? im at 1mg now bc of the pain. just not sure if there is a mg where its pointless and has the principle of diminishing returns. anyways I was so scared for nothing the sedation is the easy part afterwards sucks with no pain meds..

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey onelasttime: go to the Suboxone Treatment board. Iwantoff2013 had surgery on subs. I would stay on the .5mg. if you've tapered that far and get stable. Like I said: go to the Sub board and Kat would know more about this. Best of luck.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Hey onelasttime: go to the Suboxone Treatment board. Iwantoff2013 had surgery on subs. I would stay on the .5mg. if you've tapered that far and get stable. Like I said: go to the Sub board and Kat would know more about this. Best of luck.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Hey Im back...not sure if your still around. im t .25 and about to try the every other day thing. I am stable at .25 been at it for about 8 days. When I wake up I have that feeling of RLS and yuck. Anyways before i go into it just seeing if your stil around. Im curious as to what to expect and how many days etc. I want to taper even lower but these squares are so small really shows how potent this stuff is. Hope to hear from you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-26-2016 at 03:28 AM.

just wanted to updat ive been sub free for 40 days today!!! i tapered to .06 lol and then went every other day then every other 2 days until i got to 3-4 days for a couple weeks to let my brain adjust. and then didnt have ANY WD symptoms. i guess i took my licks little by little during reductions...so relieved. I hope I can help others like Robert helped me and melinda helped me.
    Ming23 likes this.