Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Cree34
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Opiate and Benzo Home Detox - Day EIGHT!
    Cree34 is offline New Member

Default Opiate and Benzo Home Detox - Day EIGHT!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christen, I am a 34 year old mother of three. I've been on Norco 10/325 3-4 daily, Xanax .5 twice daily, and Temazapam 30 mg at night for three years.

It all started when my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. I started having extreme hives that never went away accompanied by debilitating pain. The hives lasted eight months straight until they would come and go with the right cocktail of benzos. I went to Houston to see what was going on to be diagnosed with Fibro and Lupus. Well, fast forward almost a year and found myself at pain management. I went from 30 5mg Norcos per month to 90 10 mg Norcos in three years time. My Dad passed away which killed me. I think...well I know I was masking that pain mostly. I was also in a terrible marriage with an addict. It was very bad and very co dependent. Finally that relationship ended when he went on a meth bender and refused to get help. I knew then I had to get out. I had spent many years trying to keep him sober. I wasn't going to follow down his path as I saw how miserable he was but I could not help him.

Now, almost eight months later I have found myself in a relationship with a wonderful man. He has saved me from myself. He didn't know I was addicted to the meds. Last Sunday I decided to quit cold turkey all of the meds. It has been eight hard long days but I am doing it and I am proud of myself. The RLS is awful but I can handle that. I thought I was is so much pain but it turns out the pain was just my body chasing the drugs. I just want people to know that this is doable. You just have to really be ready, you have to want it. I used bits and pieces of the Thomas Recipient but I really leaned on my own will power and prayer. I know now that addiction does not discriminate. This can happen to anyone. You are not a bad person if you are addicted. God bless you all. This site has helped me so much.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-13-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    Mike1966, Ming23, xHaGGeNx and 1 others like this.

Wondering if anyone was still dealing with deep pain and RLS eight days out? My back is cracking and neck making awful noises. The pain is moderate compared to the chasing the pill pain as I call it. What helped? I read about taking DXM, anyone have info on that? Does it help at all? I was taking Zoloft but did not take today as i believe it only made the RLS worse.help would be great.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Cree,

I'm also very proud of you! I have cold turkeyed detoxed countless times from far higher doses than what you were taking. I'm surprised that you're still plagued with RLS. Mine was horrible but settled down substantially by Day 6 with only very minor bouts after that for a few more days. Has it gotten any better or still as bad as it was 7 days ago? If it hasn't improved at all, maybe it's a dietary issue? Are you getting enough potassium? Drinking enough water? I know that during my detox I had NO appetite and it was a struggle to drink much and I also know it made things worse. Dehydration will kick up RLS in a hurry!

As far as the aches go. Try Aleve. Of all the over the counter things, Aleve works best for back pain, etc. Excedrin for headaches. I swear by both of them. Exercise is important right now. Try to at least walk as much as you can. It will loosen your muscles and will help to begin to release those natural feel good chemicals. Get out of the house. Go for a ride while listening to some of your favorite music. I know. Sounds dumb but it isn't only me. I've been around here for over 6 years and I have read over and over again how wonderful it is to listen to music. It lifts your mood and it's astonishing when you notice the difference.

Keep posting. Hope you turn the corner soon.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 and Cree34 like this.

I slept pretty well. It probably is a dietary issue. I noticed my urine is very very dark. I've been drinking and eating but not nearly enough. I ordered a bunch of supplements that should be arriving from Amazon today. I've had a complete lack of motivation to move around much so today I will do that.

My fiance was Not very supportive last night. He got mad because I needed to take care of me instead of talk to him as he worked all last night. He is Wonderful and a God send but boy is he needy! He got mad at me and boy did I want to use a pill. When I ran out he went and had his wisdom teeth out because he thought I needed the pain meds. Ugh, no help what so ever in this. The 16 pills still sit in the cabinet. I think I need to get rid of them. I have no plans of using but to temper temptation with good judgement is easier said than done when he wants to be a baby! Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. I will definitely listen to your advice.

- Christen
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-14-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Cree,

You're right of course. 9 Days is significant. Flush those babies right now. It only takes a minute to swallow one and you'll regret it. Remove them from the house.

Dark urine is a sign of dehydration. Drink as much water as you possibly can. I think it will help a lot.

Peace,

Cat

Hello Cat,

I will get rid of them. Another reason why I quit is because we want to have a baby. I had a miscarriage in January while on all the meds. I don't want to have that guilt and want my baby to be healthy. I am feeling a lot better today. Drinking and eating more. Thanks for your reply. It is nice to have someone to talk to.

Cree

ghostrc is offline Member

hey I too felt the need to have a pill in the house during detox Like a security blanket , I to was told to flush it which I'm glad I did cause the next day I had a break down and would have used it . any advice I can give is tons of water and no back up plans, all in . you got this

Hello Ghost,

Thanks for the advice. I did tell my fiancé to get rid of them. I am feeling great today. I am still sleeping a lot, I was hoping that would go away. At first I did not sleep at all then the last few days I have slept tons. That is the usual for me though while I was on the meds. I felt tired all of the time. I think I am a bit lazy....need to work on that. I don't work and all three of my kids are in school all day. I get up to cook and clean but not nearly early enough. Anyway...I am rambling. I am 100% all in. I am happy to be on the other side.

Stay Sober

Cree

ghostrc is offline Member

feels so good to sleep again even if it's 5 hours, I found that to be the hardest thing for me almost broke me but I went to the er and asked for help which looking back saved me, glad things are getting a bit easier for you.

I have been taking Clonidine to sleep and Visteril. The visteril was prescribed to get my off of the xanax. So far so good. I use to break out in horrible hives due to anxiety. I think I am over that now.

I may have spoke to soon about sleep. Here I am up at nearly 1:00 am. I find my symptoms are come and go. I am hoping to fall asleep. I have a big day planned tomorrow with my fiance. We are going to lunch and to see a movie. It will be nice to get out. I am a grouch without my sleep though. Oh well, I will have to put on my big girl panties. It isn't easy putting up with me.

I hope you all are snoozing into dream land.

Cree

Day 10:

Feeling more and more awake. Today I will go out in town for the first time with no meds. I am feeling pain but nothing like the fog and the pain from withdrawals. It should be a great day!

Yessss! 14 days pill free!

I feel like a new woman!!!!

xHaGGeNx is offline New Member

Cree,

Wow. That is pretty awesome you are pulling through all this and on top of that you realized that you needed to stop before it was too late. Depending on the opiate and the length of time you have been taking it, which in your case seems like a long time, the RLS is going to take a while to calm down. When I had to go through methadone withdrawals, it would take a solid month for me to get my legs under control. That doesn't mean I could sleep but it was one less thing to deal with when trying to get sleep. With short acting norcotics such as Hydrocodone, I don't think it will take you a month to get the RLS under control. Give it a little more time and you will see that it will calm down. One last thing that helped me a lot was to take a hot shower/bath before bed. That seem to clam the extra pain and RLS I would get with withdrawals.