Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By desperatelyhangingon
  • 1 Post By Tiredandanxious15
  • 1 Post By Catrina
opiate free 72 hours.. help

Default opiate free 72 hours.. help

well 2 weeks ago i got caught getting medications from another dr other than ny pcp.

i have a chronic condition and am in a lot of pain, and started taking t3's 6 years ago, upraded to t4's and some percocet. It was under control until now when it wasnt. Since january i have had 1200 pills between those 3 meds.

i tried quitting before and got no where, this time it was forced by my pcp. he is making me wait 10 days before even speakig about pain management. i smoke weeddd as well and we are trying to go that route now with cbd oil. i feel really good, i will admit im exhausted and i hurt but thats it, no diarrhea no sweating, no anxiety.. so the weed is helping not going and getting pills from wherever.

i just need support on staying clean. maybe opening up to my dr about mt addiction and he could help me manage it strictly until i get my weedd license and can switch completely to that. i worry that i wont have control that i need some sort of pain control but i feel so great on them that i wont be able to take what im supposed to. i need pain management. i am on anti inflammatory pills, antidepressants that help manage pain and smoking.

i just see myself walking in tuesday and walking away with my pills and ending up in a hole. this is the longest ive gone.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

ForMe30 is offline Member

72 hours is awesome! I've never done that so congratulations. The people on here who have been clean for a long time will give you support. They are amazing.

Tiredandanxious15 is offline Junior Member

If you truly want to get off of opiates and stay the course, being 72+ hours in you might as well, right? I'd bet after a month or so you'd be shocked how much a few Aleve will help your pain. Granted I do not know what pain you're experiencing, I do know after long term opiate use, pain can be more or less subjective. When I was talking 80+ mg of hydros a day my back was always killing me due to torn ligaments and scoliosis. Now, after 42 days CT I hardly even think about my back. I may take an Aleve occasionally after a hard day's work but that's about it. While I don't think replacing one drug with another is a great idea I do support medical marijuana and have a card of my own. I mean why wouldn't people replace brain altering, addictive chemicals for a freaking plant? Anyway, stay the course brother! I know it's rough and you have a long way to go, but it's totally worth it! Eventually you'll be your normal self again and wondering why you ever thought you needed them in the first place. Keep us posted!

-T&A
    Autumnhopes likes this.

i will definitely agree there. I have endometriosis so when i get my period it essentially feels like im in labor but i havent even attempted to go through a cycle without pain meds in 6 years when i did 9 years before that granted i ended up on the hospital alot and suffered until i was introduced to meds.. its just sad where i have taken this.. something that genuinely helped has become a horrid addiction.. todays a rough day.. and im feeling emotional and awful..

Sorry I called you brother! Ha, shoulda said sister. Hang in there with the emotional roller coaster. I have never been a crier at any point in my life unless I was in WD. It does come to an end and happiness returns!

-T&A

Oh! Forgot to mention, try listening to some music! One thing I noticed when I was getting clean is that music, particularly old music I used to really love, suddenly became amazing to me again. I'm not sure why music became so wonderful to me again, or the science behind it, but I can definitely say I've listened to more music the past 41 days than any of the years I was abusing. Really picked up my mood a lot of day when I really needed it. Just don't pick any songs that will make you cry haha

i will definitely try to listen to more music.. im at this moment just watching all the things netflix has to offer.. i almost broke yesterday and got some pills but i just tried to deal with it hour by hour instead of getting through the entire day and i did it. now for the next day..

Good job! Those cravings can suck. Just know this will be the last time you'll have to go through this ever again as long as you resist. You're one day closer to getting your life back! Over five days now right? Everything should start to get a tiny bit better every day now.

-T&A

well i guess im back at square one.. i had an ovarian cyst rupture today which is horrendously painful..
    i did try.. i asked for no narcotics as soon as i got in.. when they pain wasnt getting managed with just the toradol they gave me dilaudid.. i refused the second shot, and refused the percocet and asked for a toradol shot before they released me.. but im guessing im going to go through withdrawals all over again? ugh i lost 5 days clean..
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by desperatelyhangingon View Post
    well i guess im back at square one.. i had an ovarian cyst rupture today which is horrendously painful..
    i did try.. i asked for no narcotics as soon as i got in.. when they pain wasnt getting managed with just the toradol they gave me dilaudid.. i refused the second shot, and refused the percocet and asked for a toradol shot before they released me.. but im guessing im going to go through withdrawals all over again? ugh i lost 5 days clean..
    Gosh I'm sorry that this happened. Murphy's Law, right? I'm proud of you for trying to avoid the narcotics and to have left without a prescription for them. That is simply awesome this early on in your recovery. Not many of us would have had the strength to do that so very loud applause from me right now!

Was today your Day 5? Were your withdrawal symptoms beginning to ease up some? I don't think that this is going to set you back to Day 1. Cross your fingers and I'll cross mine for you but today shouldn't make that much difference. If you'd have left with something and kept taking it for another day, it probably would have set you back some but I don't think you've done much, if any damage.

Let us know how you're doing. I hope you feel better soon. Deep breath and keep on keepin' on. You're going to do great.

Peace,

Cat
    LaurieLaSalle likes this.

NikkiLP is offline Junior Member

Absolutely not a set back. You didn't bring home a script..3 months ago I would have. What are your symptoms? Endometriosis hurts. My sister had her hysterectomy yesterday. After 4 healthy kids she was done. Medically find out your options.

hey guys!!
    thanks for the support and the kind words.. it definitely was a rough night pain wise but i got through it.. im in pain today too but just gonna take the strongest tylenol i have and my toradol pills.
    honestly i wrestled with it almost saying i need em like what happens if im in pain again..
    my stomachs definitely upset today but thats all i really feel!

i have talked about a hysterectomy but im only 30 and after 7 miscarriages was only able to have one little perfect girl.

Brickwoman is offline New Member

Are you still doing good?

hey brickwoman.. im definitely struggling but trying my best.. i had a bad flare up tuesday and actually passed out from the pain. i did only get the antiinflammatory injection but was prescribed tylenol 4 again. only this time i gave them to my husband. and basically only took any if my pain went above a 6. Unfortunately i guess that means im not clean because i have been taking my medications. I dont know exactly what im going to do.. or how to proceed going forward.. usually by day 4 ive taken 45-50 if not all 60 this time ive taken 4 since tuesday. and only when i couldnt control the pain any other way. im hoping this can keep my pain managed until i find another way to cope with it. i dont want to fall in the hole of 100's of pills..

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by desperatelyhangingon View Post
    hey brickwoman.. im definitely struggling but trying my best.. i had a bad flare up tuesday and actually passed out from the pain. i did only get the antiinflammatory injection but was prescribed tylenol 4 again. only this time i gave them to my husband. and basically only took any if my pain went above a 6. Unfortunately i guess that means im not clean because i have been taking my medications. I dont know exactly what im going to do.. or how to proceed going forward.. usually by day 4 ive taken 45-50 if not all 60 this time ive taken 4 since tuesday. and only when i couldnt control the pain any other way. im hoping this can keep my pain managed until i find another way to cope with it. i dont want to fall in the hole of 100's of pills..

It's really hard when you're dealing with serious pain. I'm in that predicament too. I have severe migraines & cerivcal pain that is a deteriorating disease. The tissue in my neck is dissentigrating since I have have several tissue disorders. Like Raynauds& Sjogrens disease. My neck is basically bone on bone & causes severe pain. So some days I get through but others I need the opioids. That's why my docs prescribe because MRI shows how bad I am. I just wonder if I can do without & be much happier in the long run. I know you're fighting for the same thing. Don't give up...even if this is a set back. You are showing great self-control & can get clean. It might take a little longer for us then others but it's ok. Our life is a journey & it's important to keep the resolve. That's why I keep reading, maybe not today but I am going to find a way to be clean. You can too!!!

im sorry your struggling too autumn.. and thanks im just going to take it while i have my cycle unfortunately it could be only a few days it could be a week it could be two weeks.. but come july 4th im gettin put on medical marijuana and cbd oil so i hope yhat eliminates the opiates altogether.
    Autumnhopes likes this.