Opioid WIthdrawal Timeline
    Dragonswench is offline New Member

Default Opioid WIthdrawal Timeline

My husband has decided to detox from his prescription morphine provided through a pain management clinic. He has been taking this medication for over 6 years and hates the way it makes him feel, so a week ago, he stopped, cold turkey. He has been suffering through withdrawal with varying degrees of symptoms, and although each day seems to be better, each day also brings a new battery of symptoms. Currently, he has traveling muscle spasms that are attacking nearly every part of his body. He continues to suffer with abdominal issues including vomiting and diarrhea, flu-like symptoms, terrible night sweats, insomnia, etc. He has a prescription for phenergan to combat the vomiting, but that is all he is taking. He refuses to take either the Xanax or Busbar that he has also been prescribed because he doesn't want to prolong the detoxification. I am trying to get a real timeline for how long withdrawal can take, especially given the amount of time he has been taking the morphine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

naslund91 is offline New Member

I know this is a few days old but i would say the physical symtoms should be gone or near gone after 10 days and thens its mental and sleep issues for another week or two. Keep posting how its going
    Good luck

7fourteen is offline Member

Well it's a week since you posted this. I would he would be feeling much better at this point. I was addicted to opiates for 10 plus years and I can distinctly remember day 5 I started to notice a change. The symptoms re appeared after about 2 weeks but nit as bad. Good luck and hang in there.