Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trollb
oxcodone wd, question/pain mgt
    Viktory2k1 is offline New Member

Default oxcodone wd, question/pain mgt

Hi, my posts seem to disappear. I am in pain mgt and had my script for oxycodone stolen when it was full so cold turked, day 4 now I can't get a refill until the 15th when I get more neck injections, My question is, while I know they do a 16 panel drug test, I have tried kratom in the past and it worked well, does this show up on their drug test?
    Thank you I do not believe so but really need help with the pain, I was taking 20mg a day no no serious withdrawls but some. I had my back broken in 2 places 17 years ago and just thought the pain was normal until it suddenly got way worse so Got a MRI, I was shocked to say the least. Its too old for surgery.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-04-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viktory2k1 View Post
    Hi, my posts seem to disappear. I am in pain mgt and had my script for oxycodone stolen when it was full so cold turked, day 4 now I can't get a refill until the 15th when I get more neck injections, My question is, while I know they do a 16 panel drug test, I have tried kratom in the past and it worked well, does this show up on their drug test?
    Thank you I do not believe so but really need help with the pain, I was taking 20mg a day no no serious withdrawls but some. I had my back broken in 2 places 17 years ago and just thought the pain was normal until it suddenly got way worse so Got a MRI, I was shocked to say the least. Its too old for surgery.
    From what I understand kratom is not illegal in the U.S. Therefore it's unlikely to be included in a standard drug screen. I don't know why your posts disappear, it seems to happen a lot.

trollb is offline New Member

Kratom is an over the counter product and not a controlled substance and is not included on any drug panel tests that I know of. Any Lab could create a test with it included if they chose to. I don't know of any employers, pain management doctors or legal entities that would be interested in monitoring Kratom. ..Trollb
    Viktory2k1 likes this.

I also took my oxcodone 5/325 and my primary would drug test me at refill time. Not once did it show up. Can anyone tell me what could cause this? If this happens at pain mgt, I will be fired and they are my last hope. I was taking on average 20mg a day.
    Thanks

Some screening tests commonly used are not very sensitive to oxycodone. They are better at detecting hydrocodone and some illegal drugs. It's possible your primary was aware of the likely negative result at low doses of oxycodone and was merely ruling out abuse of recreational drugs.

The new doctor should be aware of what type test his practice is using and whether it does not usually pick up oxy at low doses. If it were me, I would discuss it with him and be sure I understand what happens if the result of the screening is not what they are looking for. Specifically, they should retest with a better, more precise test to confirm any undesirable result before firing you as a patient. If this is not their procedure, I would look for a different pain management practice.

I seem to be learning their system daily with phone conversations, I have informed them of this but I think it is in one ear and out the other. I also asked them point blank about the kratom, they never heard of it(I think it had to be a secretary I was speaking to). Then she said by all means we promote alternatives to narcotics. I am beginning to not like that place but I have state insurance and am almost forced to go there. My injuries are 17 years old and consist of a few blown out disks in my neck and it is shifted over a few mm right where stenosis is, chronic commpression fractures 75% at t4 and 35% T6, 2 or 3 bulges disks at T 10 and 11 and somewhere else, some at 4mm(don't know if thats alot)and stenosis, still haven't had a lumbar MRI yet, kinda scared because back then, I had a disk compressing a sac at L6 and S1. These were work comp MRIs back then and none show and fractures. It is the only back injury I had. I bet I will find my tailbone was broken when I get it done. I was blown off the top of a semi trailer when a welder electrocuted me and I landed in a very perfect sitting position. I was not on the roof of the trailer, the roof was about bellybutton height and I was on scaffolding. My script is 1200mg gabapentin at bedtime and oxycodone 5/325 1 tab every 6 hours. I said to the person 1 does nothing so I am going to take 2 at once will I get fired if I get called in for a pill count and am short 1? She said no. I asked if I was going to get a drug test Monday when I get my neck injections and script, she said no. I find that very odd that they would say this. If I call them, they say hello so and so you are on a recorded line, now I say same on my end, they don't seem to like that so maybe I should stop saying it, I am not recording them, just kinda fed up when I tell them my thoracac injections made my thoracac back 5 times worse. 4 times I corrected them when they keep saying I complained about my neck being so bad, yes, it hurts but I never told them that and not like the thoracac. I don't know about this place. I like to fix one thing at a time, not jump all over the place, according to them, it's my insurance. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-08-2015 at 11:11 PM.

I need to correct myself from last post, afraid to edit because access denied error will pop up, I had several MRI's and a myelogram back in 98 and none show any compression fractures, as a matter of fact, they seem to skip t 4 to t 9. I have been complaining to my primary for about a year and once I said numbness, he order 3 MRIs C, T, and L. I have done all but L. I had them done in april of this year. I have seen many doctors before my current primary and they all blew me off when I would bring it up. I now for the first time have perfect blood pressure and he listened to me about my back. Thats why I am keeping him. He is a family Doctor and told me this was over his head and refered me to pain mgt, that part I am not thrilled about. Pain mgt made me get a letter from my primary stating he was no longer giving me pain meds, A great MA there faxed it herself but pain mgt doesn't have it. The MA told me the original is at the front desk to pick up and hand it to them, almost like she knows how they work. I had to sign papers that I would not get meds if I lose them and a million reason, maybe I should have them sign something about losing faxes. Also when I went for the the thoracac injections, I was told I would need a ride because they give you something for a twilight sleep or something, they even gave me an IV in my back of my hand, they never gave it to me, I kinda thought that it was a pretty bright twilight. SHHEESSHH

Quote Originally Posted by Viktory2k1 View Post
    Pain mgt made me get a letter from my primary stating he was no longer giving me pain meds, A great MA there faxed it herself but pain mgt doesn't have it. The MA told me the original is at the front desk to pick up and hand it to them, almost like she knows how they work. I had to sign papers that I would not get meds if I lose them and a million reason, maybe I should have them sign something about losing faxes.

If I call them, they say hello so and so you are on a recorded line, now I say same on my end, they don't seem to like that so maybe I should stop saying it, I am not recording them, just kinda fed up when I tell them my thoracac injections made my thoracac back 5 times worse.
    Yeah you should stop saying that. This is just the way things are nowadays. It's not personal. But if you push back too much it becomes personal and I suspect that's why a lot of pain patients are "fired". Believe me, I'm very sympathetic about all these hoops we have to jump through these days. But the office staff you're dealing with doesn't like it any more than you do. The best way to get good medical care is to maintain good relationships with your doctors.

Wow, your accident sounds horrific! No wonder you have chronic pain.

To make that error message go away, see if you have any script blockers on your browser. If so, remove them. If you also have trouble with paragraphs showing up it might fix that also.

Thanks for the tips, I moderate a different vb4 site and it never has problems. I will chill on the comments to them even though they called this morning to change my steroid injection time because the doctor has to be somewhere else. The script they are going to give me is oxycodone 5/325 1 tab every 6 hours. I haven't had one in over 2 weeks and am wondering why such a low dose when I keep telling them that the pain between my shoulder blades is so bad that I have a hard time breathing. I am not looking to get high off these things but I can't imagine a dose that low doing much of anything. I just want some relief so I don't wake up and sit in a lawn chair all day I do have to alternate standing with sitting every 30 min. I have no money and have like 20 sidejobs lined up(former mechanic). How do you tell a pain management doctor I need a higher dose so I can whip out these jobs as fast as possible? I think a reasonable dose would be 20mg 2 times a day or do you think that is too much. I can hardly walk and it gets a little worse every day. By the time I get there Monday, I might need a walker. On the other hand, I do not want to be addicted to these. I can't imagine the kind of injuries some on here have to be getting 5 80mg a day. I would think one of those would kill someone. This is the second worst pain I have been in, the worst being pancreatitus. I guess I will kindly voice my concerns at my appointment. I was better off with out that shot though. I used to use this nice and costly massage chair I got at bed bath and beyond but am afraid to use it as it may cause more damage. Maybe I can get them to give me as many shots as possible, wait for the pain to clear and quit that place? I just don't know what to do except I want it to stop hurting all the time so bad. I gotta fix my own car thats been sitting since 2012. The problem with my ideas about the pills (which, so far is unfortionatly, the only thing that helps)say I take 20mg oxy and maybe or maybe not get my own car partly roadworthy, when the pills wear off, I can't move and unbelievable pain, then what? I am lost. I am so sick of sitting around doing nothing. Any ideas?

The pain wasn't always like this. For a long time like 10 years, I thought it was normal. Then it gradually got worse and about 18 months ago, it just went nuts. Thats why I am so new at this, not new to the pain but the system and pain meds(about a year on those). I used to be a super heavy drinker, thats how I delt with the pain that I didn't know was there if that makes any sense at all. Had to quit that but cheated a few times, thats when I get pancretitus. If this is an 8 of 10, that is 11 of 10 pain wise. I need to finish my virtual pinball machine but i am surprised if I can get 30 mins a day on it. I must lay down for now,
    Later