Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
Oxy problem, plan to quit, Need help!!! I
    mr_c is offline New Member

Hi Everyone:

Any more thoughts on the switch to Subs and the number on COWS i need to be at --- I've received several confirmations that there is a not protocol for folks on Oxy -- That they can start subs much earlier --- This is affecting my decision significantly --- in fact i may make the switch in two weeks rather than waiting till the summer if this is really true and safe.

Thanks!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_c View Post
    Hi Everyone:

Any more thoughts on the switch to Subs and the number on COWS i need to be at --- I've received several confirmations that there is a not protocol for folks on Oxy -- That they can start subs much earlier --- This is affecting my decision significantly --- in fact i may make the switch in two weeks rather than waiting till the summer if this is really true and safe.

Thanks!
    mr c there is no protocol at all when you switch to subs. There is no reason at all for you to wait till summer. You can go from oxys to subs any time that you choose to. I used hard core continuous until 2 days befor i started subs.

Alex

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

mr c are you tapering your oxy use at all currently? That would be the only reason i can think of in waiting a period of time. Did not think of that when i posted last reply.

Alex

mr_c is offline New Member

I have been tapering since 6 months post the last surgery, 15 months ago -- so 9 months of tapering. In that time I've reduced from ~500 mg /day to ~185 mg/ day. But it's getting so hard. I'm moody a lot of the time. I'm short on meds regularly and I'm plain uncomfortable. It does not even help with the pain anymore.

I just want off.

I will see my pain guy a week from Monday. then the new addiction guy later that week where we will do some of the experiments to see how to time the last dose. Then set a date! Scary and exciting!

QuitiN5days is offline Banned

I don't want to give u bad advice, but I always do a fast taper that seems to work. Check out my post from last week. Lmk if u have any questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12