oxy withdrawal, help. im scared and need support and advice.
    pleasehelp80 is offline Banned

Default oxy withdrawal, help. im scared and need support and advice.

Ive been addicted for 10 years, ive finally made up my mind that it's time to quit. But I never thought it would be this hard. I told my wife today about my addiction, she received the news well, and is supportive. "luckily". I have a very limited amount of subs, and i dont know how or where to start. Im scared, i hurt, i ache, im irritated, and i so just want to go score to make it better. But i know nothing will get better. I know i must pay the piper. But im so terrified. I had 100mg today and its not touching my WD. I just want to be normal again. I want to not wake up thinking about needing, wanting, getting or taking my next dose. Somebody start me off. Send me on my way. Help me......... Please!?!?

pleasehelp80 is offline Banned

Someone? Anyone?

ToBetterDays is offline New Member

Hi PleaseHelp-

Hang in there - it will get better and you won't feel this way in the mornings forever.

I'm no expert, but I know that when the experts get on the board they will help you plan what to do with your Suboxone. Google the COWS worksheet and when you are at about 26 that's when you start the Suboxone. If you take the Subs too soon after quitting the other opiates you can enter precipitated withdrawal which can be very severe.

I'd give a few more details so that someone more knowledgeable can help you plan your suboxone taper. What did you take 100 mg of? How long since your last opiate? How many mg of Suboxone do you have to work with?

It's hard when you are hoping someone will reply right away, but people are often absent on the weekend or during the day because they are working or trying to keep busy going through their own withdrawals. Someone will help - just hang in there.

It will help for you to read the other posts and replies in the mean time. I read one last night that helped me. the title refers to a broken jaw, and it was very inspiring. You can beat this!! Think of how good you will feel when it's over, how proud your wife will be of you, how amazing it will be to experience life as it's supposed to be experienced (without the opiate cloud), and what a better person you will be.

The easiest thing to do right now is go score more pills, but you'll end up back where you started and what you've gone through so far will be wasted. I know you are scared - but you are strong and you WANT to quit. Hang in there, it may get worse before it gets better, but when it's over you are going to feel AMAZING!! You are in my prayers. Borrow some strength from the other posts on here, and focus on making it through today.

Here is the advice I've read on other posts: I know that exercise helps pump some adrenaline into your system that feels good and helps you sleep. Sounds impossible, I know, but try it - you might get addicted to the way it makes you feel! Walk the dog, go for a jog, play a video game, listen to an audio book, watch a movie, or a whole TV series on Netflix! Keep yourself distracted! it's easy to get trapped in your head and that's when you justify quitting.

Good luck to you - keep posting the experts will be here soon! I've been on Suboxone for a year, and today is my first day without. I am quitting opiates with you, along with countless others. You are not alone, and you can do this!!
    Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays". Ralph Waldo Emerson .

ToBetterDays is offline New Member

Guess I should have mentioned that I went through Oxy withdrawal several times before starting a Suboxone treatment on way too high of a dose. I've been stable on Subs for a year, but wish I'd had this board back then to help guide me. The longest I made it was 6 days - if someone had told me back then that I should have just waited another few days and would feel better I would never have taken the route I did. Subs are harder to quit because they have a longer half life, so now I'm paying a different piper.
    Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays". Ralph Waldo Emerson .