Oxycodone addiction, kicking... AGAIN
    Nopiods is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone addiction, kicking... AGAIN

Hello. 40 year old man. I am addicted to Oxycodone. Been struggling for 6 years or so. Detox ed too many times to remember.

Anyway, my recent run, I was averaging about 180mg daily, snorted. Last 2 weeks when I decided I was quitting again, I had the one last time mindset. My daily use blew up to 300mg daily. About 2 weeks ago, I cut my doses to 120mg for a fee days.

I'm on day 8 of suboxone use. Went like this:

Day 1 4mg
    Day 2 2mg
    Days 3-6 1mg
    Days 7-8 1/2mg

Yesterday was rough mentally, physically mostly fine. Just very depressed. Today I feel much better. Been walking last 3 days, and at gym now.
    . Anyway, I am, we'll was, a competitive bodybuilder. These last 3 years have been rough, but on the outside I've managed to maintain a physically looking very healthy body. I hurt my arm in October, and haven't been able to lift. Mentally that is killing me.

My plan is to run the rest of my suboxone, which is only 6mgs. I'll take 1/2mg for another day or two, or until I stabilize. The reduce further. I'm hoping this will mitigate the suffering. Right now, I feel fine. Not normal, but at a 100% level of functionality.

Just looking for support and advice. Doing this on my own... Thanks in advance.

Beltox,

I don't think this is the kind of support Nopoids is looking for!

Lmfao... Good lord. No, definitely not. I can't imagine any sane person posting their number there for selling drugs.

Had a bad night. Argued with my Fiancé, but made up which was nice. Didn't need that extra pressure right now. Fell asleep without an issue, but did wake up about 2.5 hours later with rls and my arms wanting to move. I took 6 immodium and black seed oil, fell back asleep until early this morning. Overall, not too bad. Surprised the rls came on last night, since that was my second day of sub at 1/2mg. Thought it wouldn't have come.

Dosed my 1/2mg this morning. I feel pretty good. Have some signs of withdrawal, sneezing, crazy stretching, minor stomach discomfort, and slight lack of motivation. Overall I feel good. This will be my 3rd day at this dose. I still have 5.5mg left. So I can take a few extra days at this dose to stabilize if I need it. I will see how it goes.

Feeling a bit lethargic today, motivation is down as well. I will stay positive though, because I need to beat this once and for all. I really don't want to be hooked on opiates anymore... Nor do I have another detox in me at all. I'm so very tired of that life. Wasting away on opiates, I let them Rob me of so much. Probably way too early to think about all of my wrong doings, but my argument with my girl last night stemmed from my years of opiate abuse and wd.

First I'm going to work on getting clean, then I can fix my wrongs. I'm almost through the worst, thank God. Out for my morning walk.

Funny, I watched a car pull up and saw a guy walk over to it. My corrupt mind is thinking it's a drug deal... First though, then second though was maybe I found a new connect. Need to reprogram my little brain.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-16-2016 at 09:21 AM.

No,

Hey bud, stick to the plan. It's bot quite what the experts who have been through this would suggest but there are some success stories with the suboxone use for 10 days. I wouldn't go much more than that with them with the route you are taking. Unless you want to stablize on .5 for four days, then drop to .25 for a day, skip a day, take a day, skip two days, take a day, skip three days, take a day and then be done with it. If I were in your situation, I'd jump after 10 days. Not enough subs in your system to really occur dependency and you are way past the worst of the physical withdrawals from the oxy. Just my input.

You Can do this, YOU CAN WIN THIS BATTLR AND END THE CYCLE.

Turn the page, walk away!

RJ

Thanks RJ. I don't want to stay on suboxone long. I had a terrible experience with it. I absolutely abused it though, and didn't taper correctly at all. Still left the fear of God in me.

Anyway, today is day 9, 3rd on 1/2mg and right now I feel good... Very good. Much better than this morning. I feel like tomorrow I could drop to the 1/4mg without much issue.

If I am able to do that I will try to skip days like you suggest. I should be fine at that point. I forgot that I had 6 days completely clean about 3 weeks ago, before I was stupid and picked up again for two weeks or so. Those 6 days were completely clean, and opiate free. I felt pretty good to at that point.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback and positive comments, I definitely need that right now.

It's really weird, sometimes when I stop it's not bad at all for me. I take imodium and am able to get by after 3 days without issues. Sometimes it's pure hell, I really believe a lot of it is psychosomatic for me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-16-2016 at 11:35 AM.

LifeSaver77 is offline Member

Hi.

I really relate to your thread. I was also a fitness competitor until my back injury sidelined me. I went from working out 6 days a week, to not being able to move. I was on track for the most important show of my life a short 8 months from my injury. I lived it. Every day. It's no wonder I fell into a lengthy depression and abused opiates. I totally lost my identity without being able to lift.

Attack getting sober with the focus and dedication you put towards bb, and then the rest will fall into place.

Keep at it! You're doing great.