Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TolikG
  • 1 Post By furioso65
Oxycodone is the devil's drug
    all4mybabies is offline Junior Member

Red face Oxycodone is the devil's drug

Okay so, I'm doing all this from my phone so please excuse me if something doesn't make sense b/c I will not be re-reading this!

I have been hooked on oxy 30s for the past 4 years. I have tried several times to go CT and I always fail. I really want to quit for good this time so I tapered, went on and off going through a couple days of withdrawals here and there... I started taking l-tyrosine, spectravite vitamin, b6, b12, 5-htp, vitamin c... I got all these built up in my system for a couple weeks and when I quit talking the roxys 5 days ago I immediately started taking 4 immodium and 2 stool softeners every morning... Is it just a delayed response or did I just kick withdrawals ***? I'll admit I've been a little tired, had a few cold chills and maybe 3 hours total of restless leg... I've tried to do this so many times... Xanax, Valium, kpins, suboxone, lortab(hah what a joke).... All this time and some supplements were all I needed? Anyone had similar effectiveness from the supplement deal? I just want to know if it's creeping up later or if I really made it!?!? Mental I can handle now... Physical? No thank you if I can avoid it!

It really does help reading about what other ppl have experienced and what other ppl are currently experiencing. I will check back as often as possible... I hope to be able to encourage others and receive a little encouragement! Oh also... I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I've found the best remedy for sleep is a good blunt! Works better to get me to sleep and keep me asleep for hours than any benzo!

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Well if you had tapered down to a very low daily dose of oxy, I suppose it could go easily. Not sure from your post from what dose you jumped. Also, the Lortab and benzos, if I understand you are NOT taking those this time?

I went from 2 to 3 30s per day during the last year to no more than 1/2 a day and went through pretty rough withdrawals once a week, 2 days each time. And no, haven't taken a single benzo or hydro.

Yes then what you did sounds like a step taper. You got the rough withdrawals over with in portions, and by the time you got down to 1/2 pill per day, that's only 15 mg, that's not much. Sounds like you are doing well. The hard part might be some insidious lethargy, lack of motivation or energy in the coming weeks. I think the supplements do help.

Weeks of lethargy is what is really bothering me... I don't remember what energy without pills feels like and I don't want to feel like a couch potato forever!

TolikG is offline Senior Member

Hello my friend! I didn't even know you have your own thread! Thank you for your help and support! And just to tell you smth -- I'm rooting for you. Something that REALLY helped me when I jumped from sub last time and when I did my CT (in 2013)

TolikG is offline Senior Member

Sorry got kicked out in the middle of typing. Suxxxxx!

Hello my friend! I didn't even know you have your own thread! Thank you for your help and support! And just to tell you smth -- I'm rooting for you. Something that REALLY helped me when I jumped from sub last time and when I did my CT (in 2013) was taking bunch of L Tyrosine. I mean 2000+mg with high dose of B6. When I added L-theanine to the combo (last sub taper) it was magical. That's 10% of the equation. 90% is the POWER OF YOUR MIND! Literary---spend 20 mins a day meditating and saying to myself "I'm powerful, strong, healthy person. I possess a strong mind that helps me with energy, mood and etcccc). You get what I'm saying. I do it now too. I turn on the music and just feel the positive vibration that floods my body. Best of luck to you and I'm rooting for u big time!
    Sorry if I won't post often here I usually participate in "need to talk" boards I hope to stay in touch with you !
    all4mybabies likes this.

I have always been too "proud" to go to group meetings or even really talk to anyone about what I'm going through but I realize that everyone needs help/support/encouragement during times like this... I'm not the only one. I discovered a co-worker is in a halfway house due to a very similar situation so I plan to attend a meeting with her... I was hoping that a little online support could help me during the long days and late nights. I'm determined and this time feels so different. It doesn't seem impossible anymore!

I'm also a little sarcastic... Blunt.... Rude. I don't ever mean to offend anyone or make light of other ppls situations but I have no filter anymore...

furioso65 is offline New Member

Default Indeed the devil drug! You are doing great though!

Day number 5 and doing this great is awesome. Keep your confidence up. The mental part is the key to staying clean. Try to stay as stress free ( for some this may be difficult) and keep marking those days off one by one. Sounds to me you are far ahead of Schedule. Since you have gone this far without taking any you should remove them from your house if you have any left DONT KEEP ANY. I've quit many times and now stayed clean Finally *cheer* by not having them around or trying my best to not be around them. 2 weeks clean and you should start to feel a lot better. I can't stress enough to not be around them or Have them in your house for at least a few months. Then it wont be such a big deal to be around them. You wont have your brain screaming at you "OH I NEED THAT" and you'll shrug at the sight of them. KEY PART REMOVE TEMPTATION if you want to stay clean. Keep your head up!
    all4mybabies likes this.

Thanks for the encouragement! It's THAT night... Where no amount of indica will put me out... 4:17 and still watching that damn clock... I had a feeling this night would happen at least once... The emotional strain knowing I have to take care of my kids and go to work tomorrow regardless of whether I fall asleep at all... It's enough to drive a person insane... But... I'm not breaking this time! I prepared for this stupid night by becoming a member of drugs.com so even if I don't sleep at least I won't be bored!! Positivity is the only cure!!

Basically 5:30 and I'm starting to get frustrated... I hate not being able to sleep... I searched and searched for just one success story of how someone got off roxys without going to some other drug... I find so many starts without completion... I'm so ready for this to be over, isn't everybody though? Still it's better to go a couple days without sleep than start over from the beginning. Maybe tomorrow I'll sleep like a baby

Well I just realized it's been 8 whole days... Night before last was awful but I slept 9 hours like a baby last night... My back doesn't hurt anymore than I feel it should with 3 babies, restless leg is over I think, haven't taken the immodium today and I don't think I need it. I hope it's over but after making it this far nothing could possibly make me ever turn to that drug again... At least now I realize I wasn't doing anything but chasing pills, trying to feel normal, when the pills are the only thing holding me back from normal! I will check back occasionally but I'm so ready to get back to enjoying my family without needing a pill to do it! Good luck to all trying to do the same!

Idk how anybody could resist temptation with them in the house.... I couldn't even throw mine away... I had to take them all b4 I could start trying to quit... It's sad but true. I have willpower to not call my "Jimmy Johns" delivery driver, lol, but I would've prob cracked if I had even a half in my house. I tried deleting numbers for all my dealers.... After 4 years tho I can remember all their numbers better than my grandma's... Another sad but very true fact. Anyway... Thanks to those of you who took the time to respond. I really truly appreciate it

11 and doing okay... Just tired... Everything else had subsided

Hang tight. You're through the worst but the tiredness will drag a while. DO NOT give up. It will get better!