Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes
Oxycodone withdrawal - Help please
    UTTAD is offline Member

Gracie- hang in there...ur almost there! I am laughing about the TP. Guess I need to head to Costco now and stock up ;-). keep it up! I anticipate a tough night with the newest dose cut, so I will check in. Hopefully you won't be here; pray you will be fast asleep!
    silverlining1 likes this.

Gracie111 is offline Member

Absolutely silverlining. Took every fiber but I made it into the pool. Just a few walks back and forth and some floating with noodles but it did feel good. Got in the hot tub after but not for long cuz of the bathroom stuff. I'm resting now before taking a shower. Killed a half hour or so anyway, and my back and legs thank me. Cleared my nose up too.

Trying to figure out which has been the worse so far, but everything has been pretty stinky. Guess my tummy and the jittery feelings. I know there's pills here and there presence is painfully obvious to me, but I'm hanging tough. Keep telling myself that if this is a bad as it gets then I'll be home free after tomorrow and on the down side. So hoping.

Man, I'm beat now. Heading into the shower. It won't last long, it won't last long.

I'm back. As hard as it was to get in the shower it did help. My skin is taking a beating from the hot tub chemicals. Put on some scented lotion. Surprisingly it helped my morale.

I think switching things up every hour or so has made a big difference in this for me. That jump otta your skin thing is the kiss of death for me. Hoping I'll feel well enought to at least drive around a bit on a day or so. No way right now.

Still no appetite. Hardly had anything today of substance.

Ha! It's 4:15. That's my transition time from day to night. 45 minutes and I'll feel like I made it through the day. End of day 3 (it is 3 right? - the days are running together) is in sight (if I get some sleep).

UTTAD, the dose cuts bite, huh? Each one is a bout of withdrawal. That's one reason I went ahead and jumped. Now it feels like I've been in withdrawal for over a week. Ugh.

6:30. I made it. It's evening. Now to just get thru it and hopefully get a little sleep.

10:30. Still awake. Tired but can't sleep. Gonna be a long night.

After midnight. I'm about half way thru this now. It's really hard. I have admit I thought I'd be a lot worse by now. I'm miserable, but I figured I'd be vomiting and sweating like crazy. That hasn't happened. So what do you think? Did my taper last week help? Is tomorrow gonna be better? I sure hope so.

I can't focus on anything now. Just laying on the couch watching tv, channel surfing. Wasn't able to eat. Had ensure. I've smoked incessantly. I've had all the trazadone I'm allowed for the day. I wonder if another 5g would help. I just wanna sleep.

Catherine120813 is offline Senior Member

Gracie, thanks for posting on my thread. Yes, in a pretty down mood myself right now. Picked up the Power of Now and trying to focus on "what is". You, however, should be looking forward: I think things are going to be getting better soon...

I'm so sorry Catherine. Just remember that you are important. I would never tell anyone what to do, I just hope you find peace.

Slept about 4 hrs. My head is pounding.

Glad you got the four hours Gracie. I laid there for 5+ but probably only slept 2-3 of it if that. I am sleepy but just can't seem to go back to sleep, so here I am. Off to the mall. It is not worth hanging on to these feelings. They are manipulative and not really useful.

Sorry you have the headache; hopefully though, the worst is over for you.

Hugs to you Catherine. Just remember to do what's best for "you." That's always been my downfall. For years I've been living my life doing what others thought I was supposed to, trying to think like they said I should. What a tightrope. Living for myself is gonna be hard at first I think. I kinda need to be "deprogrammed." I'm just not happy - pills gave me the only sense of normalcy I knew. How sad is that? You seem so happy with you and your freedom from pills. Maybe this is the last layer of the onion you have to peel to find "you." Keep the faith. It is what it is.

Well I have to say I think I dodged a bullet. Seems withdrawal isn't going to get much worse than this. Hallelujah!! I think I'm on the downside of this. I am so happy I tapered last week. Think it made a world of difference. I'm focusing now on just letting this thing play out. I think yesterday was the worst of it. I really had to fight to stay out of the pills. I did it though. And it hurt. I think today will be easier.

Now I've got this "what now?" Feeling creeping in. It feels weird. I don't know what to think about it, but think about it I know I will.

Still no appetite. A couple bathroom trips this morning, and my tummy is still upset. And I still have that dragging feeling. When will this stuff stop?

UTTAD is offline Member

Gracie, You are almost at the finish line! So proUd of you. Sorry I didn't pop in...I actually got some sleep last night. Had hoped you would too...Is there anything you can do for you to celebrate when you feel up to it? Like a shopping spree or spa day or a short trip? I am trying to think of something myself as my TREAT once I get on the other side of this. Your mention of the beach has got me thinking I need to head to Honeymoon Island. It won't be practical once I,am in the throes of it but perhaps to get me through this taper. Try to think of all the hours you have behind you. Tapering is hard...like being in withdrawal for weeks and having to be sooo disciplined. Be PROUD!
    Catherine120813 likes this.

Thank you UTTAD!! I can't believe I've made it this far. I'm still holding my breath though. The taper I think made all the difference. Been a long haul so far but worth it. So worth it. You keep up the good fight too!! I like the idea of a treat. Today I'll just focus my thinking on that. Try to figure out what to do for myself as a reward. Much better than obsessing on where do I go from here.

I'm gonna make it.
    UTTAD likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Good Morning Gracie,

I think that you are at the worst right now in terms of symptoms. It isn't likely to improve any for a couple of days, but shouldn't get worse. For me, it wasn't a gradual improvement but instead on around Day 5, after catching about an hour of sleep I awoke at dawn and realized that my legs were still. Comfortable. I was afraid to move for fear of setting them off. Only hours earlier I was jumping around like a Mexican Jumping Bean. That symptom never returned.

The lethargy, tummy issues, and the jitters were around for a few more days but I didn't eat well, actually hardly at all during detox. That was a mistake. The immodium took care of the bathroom issues and I just pushed through the other stuff. Sleep, blessed sleep was the last to return but at least I was comfortable and that made it much easier to get thru the days and nights.

So, almost there and good for you! Stay strong. Get rid of those pills. You're in the bathroom all day anyway so kill too birds with one stone. Yeah?

Peace,

Cat

I think you're right cat. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, just kinda holding steady for the most part. Even though I still prolly got a couple days to go I'm so happy I've made it this far.

Been thinking of those pills. No reason really to hang onto them. My first reaction was that I need them to show the doc. But what's the point really? I was gonna flush them after seeing the doc. Don't know why earlier is any different. I know he's gonna discharge me. Here I am againg thinking of someone else over me. For some reason flushing them scares me More than I figured I guess. Hard to admit that maybe some part of me doesn't want to let them go. I need to do it. I'm gonna need to psych myself up for this one. I should flush moms too. This is part of the process isn't it? Not about the doc. It's about me.

Spyder1 is offline Member

Hi Gracie, Silver pointed me to this thread (I've been on the Thomas Recipe thread)

Just wanted to congratulate you and send you encouragement! I am starting on day 6.
    It does get better each day. Hang in there, you can do it!!

Gracie,

You got it. You don't have anything to prove to anyone but yourself. Even the fact that your doc is going to discharge you anyway, so what? In order to prove to him that you don't care anymore? That maybe you don't have a habit? None of these are worth the time and YOU discharging your doctor or the other way around is a good step. If it were me, I'd just call and cancel the appointment entirely. That would give me satisfaction. Breaking that connection and "in your face" all at the same time. Little triumphs are sometimes the best.

Flush 'em! Safety net be gone.

Peace,

Cat

Feeling a little better this afternoon. My stomach has let up. Yes!

You're 100% right Cat. It's stupid to keep the pills. I'm still giving myself a good talking to about them. Don't know why I'm so conflicted about it. I'm not going to take them. But I want to be free of them so why not pitch them? Sounds simple. I know they'll always be a source of temptation. I'm gonna do it. Promise.

Gracie,

It's not stupid at all. This detox stuff is like walking a tightrope and those pills are there to catch you if you fall. Remove the net, and you will likely be more careful. It only takes 5 seconds of being sick of being sick for you to swallow that one and the addict rears its ugly head and advises you to finish the bottle. Why not? You know why not!

Don't hesitate. Fully commit because honestly, it's the only way.

Peace,

Cat

They're gone. Flushed. Honest and truly. Very hard. No more net. Not gonna think about it. This is what I want. I'm going for it.

Stomach pain has been gone a few hours now. Still jittery, and still no appetite though. And so very tired. I didn't go in the pool or hot tub today. Didn't have the energy. I'll try again tomorrow.

So hope I go to sleep at a decent hour.

Thank you Cat!!
    UTTAD and Catherine120813 like this.

Wahoooooo!!!! I sure wish I was good with all those symbols to create fireworks for you. That is absolutely wonderful news. I am smiling and will dream of you tonight being happy and healthy. I couldn't have wished for anything better today than this. I am soooo proud of you. I know exactly how hard that was...and they don't flush easy!!! I know that for certain. They lay in the bottom of that damn toilet taunting you...even as disgusting as that thought is...... Took me more than one flush. UGH

I may be checking in on you later to see if you're still thanking me or not. Maybe not tonight but you will someday.

Peace,

Cat

Strange, Gracie, but I (physically) feel so good now, I almost wish I could just check in to the w/d pain for a few minutes to vividly remind myself of how miserable I was. That, of course, is why I keep coming here and listening to people like you who are going through it. The more people post the more real it becomes; thanks so much for keeping a good record of your journey!

It's over. OMG. YES!!!!

Woke up at 4:30. Normal lower back and leg pain. But no stomach pain, no jitters!!! I actually feel like I slept.

Snoopy dance !!!!

It's Saturday. The last 4-5 days feels like a blur, a horrible horror of a blur. I just can't explain how I feel right now. There's still a little something there - tired mostly, but my head feels so clear. I'm not clenching my teeth anymore. Sitting on the patio now and my legs are still. I'm still. Inside and out. What a feeling!!!!

Where do I start? Cliche as it sounds, I don't know how to thank you guys. Cat, you're a straight up straight shooter. I love you for that. Catherine, I feel like we're litter mates you and I. Your a good week or so ahead of me and your support and encouragement rocks. Silverlining and Harry, thank you both for your support. You guys too, rock the house. I encourage you both to just do it. It feels so good after. The relief and sense of accomplishment- I just can't describe it. Freedom. Sweet freedom.

To All the lurkers out there- those wanting to quit- I wish for you the spirit of a fighter and the resolve you need to do this. It hurts. No doubt about it. But the payoff is grand. There is nothing like "feeling" the joy of knowing you don't need a pill to make the wd pain go away.

I still have to get my energy back, and I know there'll be some residual fallout still to conquer, but I feel like I won the battle. I fight the war one battle at a time.

Right now I just wanna bask in the feeling of victory. My head feels so clear, and I actually feel a little hungry. Don't think I'll go anywhere today-I wanna make sure this feeling lasts-but a clear head, no jitters, and no stomach pain feels so great. I'll deal with the fatigue.

And I'm gonna stick around the forum, too. I don't wanna leave. I've made awesome friends here and I wanna be to support you guys as well. My journey actually begins today. Shiny new wings I have. I don't know who I'm going to become or what life holds now, but I know one thing- my first taste of freedom is so sweet.

Thank you too Melinda!! Your support and encouraging words were a blessing!!!
    melindau likes this.

Catherine! Too funny. We both got the "feel good bug" this morning!! Told ya were litter mates.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful thing to wake up and read, Gracie!!!! You did it.

Just a side note....I've been clean for over a year.

melindau is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie111 View Post
    Thank you too Melinda!! Your support and encouraging words were a blessing!!!
    Hi Gracie
    YEAH!!!! for you!! so glad your feeling better...go out and grab life by the horns...you did a great job!!
    Melinda

Gracie,

Whew!! Didn't I tell you? You must be a lot like me. The symptoms didn't go away gradually and I suppose that makes it all the more terrible and depressing. Just like you, I woke up and was washed with relief!

Enjoy the day! Try to get that little walk in on the beach. Yes! Do try to eat some. The tummy issues may be back but the Immodium will take care of them so no worries. Sleep when you can. When you can't, it's a lot easier to handle now that you're more comfortable. This is where the re-runs (not the bathroom kind ) and old movies will come in handy. Just accept sleep when you can get it and don't obsess! It'll return gradually and it's different for everyone so don't let me rain on your parade.

Keep posting. Now that we're done with that particular order of whine and cheese, time for recovery. Look forward to it and embrace it. You're in there and I can't wait to help you find her.

Peace,

Cat

I am so sorry Silverlining.

We must be alike Cat. I've had a good day. Very very tired. My legs still don't want to support me. Tiny bit of jitters but no stomach pain. Yay!!! I did sleep some. And I ate. What a great day!!

So happy. Now I can start over. Think I'll start with a reward. I'm gonna go shopping at banana republic, my fav store. Then I'm gonna reexamine life and try to make some sense of it. Yesterday is over. The last 8 yrs are gone. Nothing I can do about it. The past is just what it is. The past. I want right now. Want to live again. Have to work on forgiveness. Not today, but in the coming weeks I'll make some decisions about many things.

For now, I'm content with recovering from the last week.
    UTTAD, melindau, Catrina and 1 others like this.

UTTAD is offline Member

Gracie - you are an inspiration ;-). So happy for you!!!

Gracie,

Soooo glad you're having a good day. Hope too that you found good stuff at Banana's. Love that store too. The outings will do you a lot of good. I'd crank the radio up and considered that one of my two "thinking chambers" the other was the shower.

Your thoughts are going to arrive in a crazy manner soon if they haven't already. Take it all in. Sounds awful, but I quite enjoyed that. Don't stress about fixing everything. Now that you're clean, the problems won't mount up so quickly and many of the ones that are there will disappear because they will just either resolve themselves or they aren't as important as you thought they were.

Revel in your sobriety and continue to post often. I love to read the posts of those newly clean. They make me smile and remember that there once was I.

Peace,

Cat

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast