Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 1 Post By MamaByrd
Oxycodone Withdrawl Day 4!
    Anonymous Guest

Default Oxycodone Withdrawl Day 4!

Hello! I am new here, although I've been reading, quietly, a lot, until now! I am on day number 4 of oxycodone withdrawal. I was prescribed 15mg. x 3 per day, following what should have been a simple outpatient laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery, however, my surgeon "nicked" me during that surgery, leading me to bleed internally, having to be rushed into emergency open abdominal surgery to stop the bleed. I lost two pints of blood, needed a blood transfusion, spent five days in the ICU! That was two months ago. I hated the way oxycodone made me feel, however, it stopped my surgical pain, so I took it. After a few weeks, I found myself "needing" it, simply to function! 4 days ago, I decided that enough was enough, so I finished my prescription at 5:00PM on Friday, February 9, 2018! Days 1-3 were unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life! RLS (horrible), night sweats (awful), ZERO energy, very little appetite, hardly able to sleep! I know that my dosage/length of time using, doesn't even come close to so many of the other stories that I've been reading about here, I still just wanted to share my own personal experience! One thing I do know for sure, oxycodone is the devil in disguise of an angel! NEVER again will I EVER swallow an opiate pain reliever! Day 4 almost complete! Rest of my normal, happy, sober life to go! I'm never looking back!

Wavision is offline Member

Welcome and congratulations on making the right decision. The good news is that you were on a semi low dose and for a semi short amount of time.

You will just have to push through for a week or so and things will begin to return to normal.

I saw on the news last night that Purdue pharmaceutical will no longer be pushing or aggressively promoting oxycontin and even eliminated a large portion of their sales force. Yes, pain pills are pure evil and ruin lives. That goes without saying.

Again congrats and post as much as you can.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey NeverLookBack, welcome to the forums! CONGRATS on working to take your life back as well. It takes a bit to get through the worst of it, but hopefully you're about through to the other side. Make sure to keep hydrated, lots of water/gatoraide and/or bananas/potassium supplements.

Also you can hopefully keep some kind of food down, no matter what it is. Even if you just nibble on some crackers etc. anything will only help in the long run. There's a great thread on here with some supplements etc. that will also help called the Thomas Recipe. I'll leave a link to it at the bottom of this post. I'd avoid the benzos if you're not already on them, but other than that some great information.

Keep posting, and know that we're all here to support each other.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...ent-35169.html

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hello! I am new here, although I've been reading, quietly, a lot, until now! I am on day number 4 of oxycodone withdrawal. I was prescribed 15mg. x 3 per day, following what should have been a simple outpatient laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery, however, my surgeon "nicked" me during that surgery, leading me to bleed internally, having to be rushed into emergency open abdominal surgery to stop the bleed. I lost two pints of blood, needed a blood transfusion, spent five days in the ICU! That was two months ago. I hated the way oxycodone made me feel, however, it stopped my surgical pain, so I took it. After a few weeks, I found myself "needing" it, simply to function! 4 days ago, I decided that enough was enough, so I finished my prescription at 5:00PM on Friday, February 9, 2018! Days 1-3 were unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life! RLS (horrible), night sweats (awful), ZERO energy, very little appetite, hardly able to sleep! I know that my dosage/length of time using, doesn't even come close to so many of the other stories that I've been reading about here, I still just wanted to share my own personal experience! One thing I do know for sure, oxycodone is the devil in disguise of an angel! NEVER again will I EVER swallow an opiate pain reliever! Day 4 almost complete! Rest of my normal, happy, sober life to go! I'm never looking back!
    I just came off year's long oxycodone and morphine usage. I tapered off the morphine in great shape, it was tapering off the oxycodone that threw me into serious withdrawals. I'm still dealing with some post acute withdrawal symptoms 7 weeks after stopping. You have a great attitude about never touching opioids again. You have this nailed! Best of luck/health!

Herballover is offline New Member

I wrote a post in a new thread with info entitled " trying to help". But seriously estroven mood and energy will help with mood, energy levels, the sweats and chills. And is herbal. Otc. At any Wal-Mart or drug store.

MamaByrd is offline New Member

I am so sorry for what you went through but so happy for you to finally feel better. It is easy to get addicted and harder to stop. Best of luck to you to never go back again. That is exactly what I am saying this time. Even if you take medicine as prescribed you still get addicted. I was in pain management and even though this is embarrassing to say and I am ashamed this is my second time coming off. But I SWEAR it is the last time. If I only knew then what I know now I would have never stared to begin with. Congratulations and best of luck in the future.
    1232 likes this.
    I can do anything when it comes to my kids