Oxycotin addiction :(
    belemilus is offline New Member

Default Oxycotin addiction :(

Hi, I am new here. I started taking pain pills over the years because of the 20 something surgeries I've had. That eventually progressed into a chronic pain issue. I see a pain management doctor. Thing is though... I abuse these meds. Every month I hope and pray he won't urine test me and every month I try to not take too many and just take them as prescribed. I recently ran out 5 days early and those 5 days were beyond horrible. If I had had the means to commit suicide I would have. (I can take about 6-10 40mg oxy's in a day or more.)

I want nothing more than anything to never take these pills again, but everything that I have to go through just to get past the WD's puts me at risk for suicide. I just feel so overwhelmed. I have a new script for the meds again... but at this rate I'll run out of the meds early. Also, on that Thomas Recipie it says to use Valium etc. Well I'm on Ativan and that drug is even a problem for me. Never fails that when I get my DX... I wake up the next morning with 90 pills completely gone. I remember taking the first dose... and I don't know if it's because it's being mixed with Oxy or what... but I have NO memory of ever taking any more of them.

Am I so bad off that treatment can't be done at home? I am so depressed right now. I want to be dead. I'm an alcoholic too... but I haven't had a drink in 3 years... but I didn't have any issues with not drinking.... I had to just learn to not want to use it to cope. With pills.... I feel just so dang physically and emotionally sick. Help

Sundwn is offline Member

First off, congratulations on 3 years clean from alcohol. You are not an alcoholic......you are NOW a recovering alcoholic. Give yourself a little credit. However, you are an addict. And not a recovering one. 240 to 400 mils of oxy daily is not a small amount. But you can beat this. Many on here have done just that. Myself included........sounds to me that using a taper method will not work for you. I couldn't do it either. There is no easy way out. Sorry. I would tackle one problem at a time. Btw, YOU are really going to have to want this. And be willing to do whatever it takes...OK?... Good, Opiates first. Get rid of them. Get the Thomas recipe ( minus the benzo,s you have ambien )., plenty of water ( flush out ) Gatorade, also some Ensure ( for when you can't eat ). Your going to feel like poo for..... Say 8 to 9 days ( maybe shorter ) go for walks. This will be hard, but it gets endorphins pumping. This speeds recovery.......CT is not easy. But if you want it? You can get there. Many , many on here have........post and keep us informed of how your doing. Others will be on here to help you also......good luck and congratulations for wanting to end the madness......Sd

Sundwn is offline Member

Bele......what I posted is a way to get off opiates. You posted you are under "pain management". Also Ativan , not ambien. My bad. I know nothing about Ativan. Anyway, I am not sure how much pain you are dealing with. A taper plan may be your best shot. If you can do it. Most of us can't. I also STRONGLY urge you to find an N/A meeting to support and help you with recovery. Thoughts of suicide are not that common. If you are afraid of this you really need to get to an emergency room ASAP. And explain your fears..........as I said others who are better equipped and more knowledgable than myself will be here to help. Please hang in there......we care.....Sd

pillpoppn is offline Banned

Hi there I am on Day 4 oxy withdrawal - my addiction started with a car accident, doctor shopping, then progressed to buying off the streets!! I was at about 120mg a day when I quit cold turkey. I had to, I tried and tried and tried to taper (mind you I was up at one point to 240mg a day)

I am also a recovering alcoholic, but I am an addict still trying to recover too. I've been in and out of recovery for 4 years. AA/NA and SMART really helped me. I went to treatment 3 times.

What's working this time - I let people know I was struggling... people I trusted to help me get better. I called help lines, detox centres, addictions professionals, told my boyfriend and friends in recovery.

I absolutely had to have someone by me at all times, especially for the first few days/nights.

Night 1 was absolute pure and utter hell. I got violent, and I'm not a violent person!! My boyfriend had to guard me and the house to make sure I didn't do anything stupid but I smashed and broke things because I was in soooo much pain and misery. I was so lucky he was there. So, so lucky, or a home detox would not have worked for me!!

It hasn't been easy; I've been very very sick and I'm still being monitored. I've been spending most of my time on the phone or on the computer to keep distracted from the pain. Today (Day 4) I went to the pool.

If things get bad, I know that I can always go to the ER. I have been using OTC pain meds like acetaminophen, methocarbynol (muscle relaxer), and I have a script for clonazepam (benzo).

From what I know about Ativan is I think it's similar to a Benzo??

My sleep has been terrible. Night sweats and RLS, and pain. I'm thinking of getting benadryl for it.

I hope this has been helpful. All the best!! If you've done it before, you can do it again!! Stay strong and keep posting!

PP