Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lander16
Pain Killers and getting off of them.
    Lander16 is offline New Member

Default Pain Killers and getting off of them.

Hello all, this is my first ever thread post of any kind, so sorry if I seem like I have no idea what I'm doing. Basically my story is I have some super random and rare disease called Churg Strauss. It is inflammation of small and medium blood vessels throughout the body and can be very deadly if not caught in time and spreads to the important organs. Mine only got to my stomach and my feet. I know, kind of random. In my feet however, it ruptured the blood vessels and resulted in destroyed and damaged nerves throughout my feet causing quite a bit of constant pain. Because of this constant pain, I am on 3 major pain killers that I would like to taper down off of soon and would love some advice on how to or what is going to happen. The 3 pain killers that I am on is Percocet, a Fentanyl patch and Lyrica. The percocet I am taking right now is 10/375 I think and I am taking that 4 times a day. The fentanyl patch is 37.5 and I am switching patches every 3 days. And the Lyrica is 300 mg twice a day.
    I had a very bad experience about a week ago where I somehow ran out of Lyrica pills and was completely off of it for 5 days. On that 5th day, I had this insanely bad panic attack where I just started crying for no reason and was just freaking out for no reason. This anxiety lasted for 2 days until I got some xanax and got back on the Lyrica. There is no way that I want to go through that again but I am hoping that it was that bad just because it was like a cold turkey W/D. Please let me know what anyone thinks about my situation.
    Thanks,
    -Lander16

ItsPossible is offline Member

Hello!
    WELCOME !!!
    One of the most helpful places to be
    I am sorry I can not offer advice on tapering as it is extremely hard to do and I ended up just cold turkeying it but I can tell you that knowing you want freedom from those pain meds is the best place to start.
    Have you talked to your doctor about this decision ?
    They may be able to help you with medication to ease the symptoms.
    I am sure you have read stories and may be scared but there is so much freedom in breaking through the fear to claim the life you're meant to live.
    What other pain management will you have at your service when you're off the medication ?
    I get botox for my back injury and I find it helps. With a rare illness such as yours, I am not sure what your options.
    I know if you want something bad enough, it will happen.
    Others will come along to support you soon.
    Love and light xxoo

Lander16 is offline New Member

ItsPossible,
    Thank you so much for the kind words and help. I have been talking with my doctors and they want to start tapering me off probably on the 8th of February. I am nervous, but very excited to get my hopefully normal life back. The stories I have read are scary, but some are comforting. They want to get me off of Lyrica last, which I am most afraid of because of the bad withdraw that I had. That is crazy that you Cold Turkey-ed. You are a champion!! Can you tell me a little about your story? I am interested.
    Thanks,
    -Lander16
    Ming23 likes this.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Lost your thread for a while but came to check on you.
    How was your doctor appointment and have you made a plan ?
    Check in tomorrow