Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Percocet addiction, help!
    JJ1986 is offline New Member

Default Percocet addiction, help!

I've posted a few times on here but the last few times didn't get much of a response. Please guys I need some advice.

I'm addicted to Percs 5/325. I take approx 6 a day (3 in am and 3 around dinner). I start school in less than 3 weeks and I need to be in good shape. I'm wondering what the best way to get off of these damn pills are. If I do a taper, at what dose can I just jump off? Would 15mg be somewhat manageable cold turkey? Should I taper right down to 5? I was thinking of dropping by 5mg per week and seeing how that works, but like most addicts I have a hard time sticking to my taper plan.

Any advice is MUCH appreciated. I want my life back, and I've become a miserable cranky guy.

JJ

Anonymous Guest

Jj I was taking 30 mg of Percocet for about 3 years everyday. I'll tell you how I did it and maybe it'll help you. For the first 2 days I cut down to 15 mg. 5 mg three times a day, for two days. Then for 2 days I took 10 mg, 5 mg twice a day. Then after that I quit. Honestly, those four days weren't much better than the next 6 without anything with the exception of being able to get some sleep. If I had to do it all over again I think I'd just quit all together and not draw it out. I used the Thomas recipe and drank as much water as possible. With a lot of hot showers/baths. I tried to eat as much as possible and it wasn't all that healthy. It wasn't easy but it wasn't THAT bad. When I was tapering I went to work. My last dose was on a Thursday night so that gave me all the weekend off. Back to work on Monday. I didn't sleep much for the first 10-12 days but the physical symptoms were minimal.

I'm over 18 days clean now and I'm glad I made the choice to stop. Like I said it wasn't easy but we were on a pretty small dose compared to some people. The worst problems I had were getting little or no sleep, restless legs when I wasn't doing anything and a headache that lasted two weeks. It's a small price to pay for the mistake I made is how I look at it. At 18 days I'm falling asleep fine and sleeping a good 7-8 hours.

Just try and stay positive and busy and you can get through this.
    Good luck
    Ming23 likes this.

Rems_4428 is offline New Member

Hey I been clean off Percocet 30 for about 3 days now and today I took a Percocet ten to just get a little normal since it's not so strong I am done sit them because I want to quit to better my family I usually take 2 Percocet 30"s a day one before work and one at night when sports come on. Was that dumb to take this one pill this evening or it want hurt? Just go cold turkey now.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rems_4428 View Post
    Hey I been clean off Percocet 30 for about 3 days now and today I took a Percocet ten to just get a little normal since it's not so strong I am done sit them because I want to quit to better my family I usually take 2 Percocet 30"s a day one before work and one at night when sports come on. Was that dumb to take this one pill this evening or it want hurt? Just go cold turkey now.
    Rems
    A slip up. Don't do it again. If you want to really feel good, you got to stop taking the pills. Every time you take another one, you stretch out the wds. You will feel better and better the longer you're off the pills. If you're kicking pills, you're not doing yourself any favors taking another one "to feel normal." That's not normal!! That's how twisted drug-thinking makes us!
    Normal is when we are Not on drugs! Although it can seem the other way around after long term use. Just goes to show how warped it can seem!
    Put it behind you. Enter the New Year with a resolve to "better my family" as you say. Stay away from folks who offer you drugs! Sounds corny, i know...
    Wishing you great determination and a Happy New Year!