Percocet oxycodone opioid withdrawal
    Bmoreboy410 is offline New Member

Default Percocet oxycodone opioid withdrawal

I have been addicted to Percocet for almost 2 years . I'm on day 10-11 of my recovery . I quit cold turkey and the withdrawals are over as far as the physical pain , except for having little to no energy... still some diahrea. I feel so lost without the pills but I decided to quit for my children. When will I feel normal again? I just want to feel happy and energetic like i used to ... I'm so close to relapsing... please anyone with some useful tips I'll greatfully appreciate it thanks and god bless !!!

asp44 is offline Member

Hang in there! This is only a temporary mindset. Keep pushing thru and you will be in a far better place. Let me know how u r doing

asp44 is offline Member

Also when those nagging little voices r telling u to go ahead and use again use that as motivation to go and do something u used to enjoy doing before. For me before being hooked on perk 10s i enjoyed all kinds of things. Not after taking those though. So yesterday i went fishing when i had a urge to relapse. Worked like a charm. Best of luck & keep working at it. You r soooooo close to feeling normal again.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoreboy410 View Post
    I have been addicted to Percocet for almost 2 years . I'm on day 10-11 of my recovery . I quit cold turkey and the withdrawals are over as far as the physical pain , except for having little to no energy... still some diahrea. I feel so lost without the pills but I decided to quit for my children. When will I feel normal again? I just want to feel happy and energetic like i used to ... I'm so close to relapsing... please anyone with some useful tips I'll greatfully appreciate it thanks and god bless !!!
    Lack of energy, no motivation, trouble sleeping, depression and/or anxiety are very much part of the opiate detox process and are the last things that will return to normal. It takes time, it can be a few weeks up to a couple of months for these things to really improve but be rest assured that they will so stay the course, it will get better and better everyday you are clean!

Drink lots of water, eat a high protein diet, exercise when and as much as you can even if it's just going for walks.

You can try L-Tyrosine to help with energy. Also look into taking a good multivitamin and a B6 supplement. Magnesium and zinc may help if you are experiencing any depression and/or anxiety?

Just for reference, here's a link to the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html
    Most of the recipe will not apply to you now since you are through the acute phase of the detox but you may find some of the other suggestions helpful? Definitely stay away from the benzos, they are extremely addictive!

Look into some sort of recovery program, NA, AA, drug addiction counseling, etc...? These things can really help you in the long-term to avoid relapse!

You are well on your way, don't look back now! Congratulations on your decision to quit the opiates, you'll be in a much better place soon so keep on keepin on! Keep us updated on your progress? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

PS
    Always remember - "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"!!!

survivalist is offline Junior Member

You are doing the right thing, stay strong the worse is about to over soon. All the best

spacie1985 is offline Junior Member

How are you feeling today? It does get better and easier, I promise. I had an addiction to oxycodone and ms contin that had been active for about eight years. I am almost eleven months clean now and I assure you it does improve. You have come so far (eleven days is something to be proud of). I'll check back on your thread, I'm rooting for you.