Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jennamicin
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Percocet Withdrawal - What to expect
    Jennamicin is offline New Member

Default Percocet Withdrawal - What to expect

I have been off/on Percocet at varying strengths for a few years, varying diagnoses. This go around, I was on a 15 day supply of 10/325, one every 6 hours, for acute pain regarding an ovarian cyst rupture. I have ovarian endometriosis, and another cyst currently growing on my left ovary. The pain post rupture is caused by the irritation of free serosaguenous fluid and blood irritating the surrounding organs. For someone who lives with pain daily, I would say the combination of things had me at a level 7 to 8 on the pain scale, when I normally hover around a manageable 4, sometimes 5 on a bad day. Anyhow, I have a very fast metabolism, and adjust to medications quickly. My question is, how much of a withdrawal period should I prepapre for? Obviously this is a blip compared to what many people go through, and I am in no way trying to downplay their struggles. I just know my body, and how fast ot latches on to anything that alters brain chemistry. Thank you in advance for any responses and/or advice. And to any other endo sufferers out there, have you found any other means of dealing with the pain? Marijuana is legal for medicinal use in my state, but I did not find relief from it.
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jennamicin View Post
    I have been off/on Percocet at varying strengths for a few years, varying diagnoses. This go around, I was on a 15 day supply of 10/325, one every 6 hours, for acute pain regarding an ovarian cyst rupture. I have ovarian endometriosis, and another cyst currently growing on my left ovary. The pain post rupture is caused by the irritation of free serosaguenous fluid and blood irritating the surrounding organs. For someone who lives with pain daily, I would say the combination of things had me at a level 7 to 8 on the pain scale, when I normally hover around a manageable 4, sometimes 5 on a bad day. Anyhow, I have a very fast metabolism, and adjust to medications quickly. My question is, how much of a withdrawal period should I prepapre for? Obviously this is a blip compared to what many people go through, and I am in no way trying to downplay their struggles. I just know my body, and how fast ot latches on to anything that alters brain chemistry. Thank you in advance for any responses and/or advice. And to any other endo sufferers out there, have you found any other means of dealing with the pain? Marijuana is legal for medicinal use in my state, but I did not find relief from it.
    Welcome Jen!

I'm glad you found us and decided to post. I hope that you took some time to read lots of other threads because they are nothing short of inspiring. 40mg/day? Please don't discount that or minimize it because others are/were taking much more than that. Dependence and/or addiction, regardless of the amount we take feels exactly the same when we shock our bodies without.

The fact that you have a fast metabolism just may work in your favor. Yes. You most definitely will become accustomed to your dose of pain killer and your tolerance will grow at a more rapid rate than those with a slower metabolism. Here's the good news--you will also metabolize what's in your system quicker. Regardless, you can expect around five days of some acute symptoms and if you've been taking them on and off for a few years you are probably well aware of what those symptoms are. Aches, restless legs/limbs, gastro distress, anxiety, and sleeplessness. All of the physical symptoms I just listed are likely to completely or be nearly completely done by Day 5 except for the bathroom issues which may hang on for a little longer but is easily controlled with Immodium. Get the liquid kind because it seems to work better and don't be afraid to use it like to bottle directs. It can only become a problem if you take massive doses for a prolonged period.

As far as the other physical symptoms are concerned, take lots of hot baths for the aches and restless limbs. When you get into bed to rest, try a couple of heating pads on your legs because they will relieve the aches and the twitching. They were a God send for me. Drink a lot of fluids and do your best to eat as well as you can especially protein. I made protein shakes with almond milk, honey, berries, protein powder and ice cubes. Toss it all into a blender and voila! Not too shabby and it's good for you. Do your best not to languish in bed. Get up! Move around! Go for short walks. Play video games, watch mindless TV...whatever it takes to pass the time because it will crawl and not being able to sleep makes it even worse. Don't get frustrated by the lack of sleep. Expect it and accept it. Tossing, turning and swearing isn't going to help. The last symptoms to pass is lack of sleep and anxiety. It took me a long time to realize that what I always called anxiety was really the battle with my craving. I wanted that just one to feel better and I was constantly fighting with myself to stay strong while my body was telling me...oh hell, just find one, just this once. Once I recognized this it somehow made it a little better.

Have you found the Thomas Recipe? If not, please do find it and read it. It's just a list of vitamins and supplements that just might lessen the symptoms. It does include a benzo but if you're not already taking them... DON'T! They are a whole new monster and one that you don't want to invite into your life. Enough said.

When are you planning on the jump? Let us know and post, post, POST!!! I promise you that it just helps to pass the time and to build a fellowship with those of us who have also been there or are in the same spot as you right now. Welcome again and I hope you learn to love this site as much as I do.

Peace,

Cat

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Jen. Welcome to the forum. Cat has given you some terrific advice as always. I don't have anything else to add. I just wanted to poke my head in and say hello and drop a link for the Thomas Recipe that she mentioned. I didn't follow it exactly but the supplements there really helped me out tremendously during my detox.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...ent-35169.html

Don't be afraid. Get excited to start your new clean life. I'm just over 5 months clean now and I can tell you that being clean is so much better than I could have ever hoped for!!

As far as the pain levels go. For me, i was always about a 4-5 with my back. And when i decided to get clean it was worse during my detox. But then I found my true pain level. I'm in less pain now than when I was using. The pills lie!! Also Ibuprofen actually works for pain now. It will get better with time. We didn't get here in a day, it takes some time for our bodies to heal and recover.

Welcome again and congratulations!!!
    Beef

MamaByrd is offline New Member

5 months clean! Congratulations! If you dont mind me asking what exactly did you take from the Thomas Recipe? I believe you commented on my post earlier for encouragement. You are a true inspiration!