Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
pill and suboxne addiction/withdrawal
    moxkid is offline Junior Member

Default pill and suboxne addiction/withdrawal

I am 29 years old and have been struggling with pill addiction for about 7 years. I have been off the pills for 10 days and have been taking 2mg of suboxne per day for the 10 days i been off pills. I want to break this cycle and am wondering what I can do to ease the withdrawal symptoms and learn to live without the subs and pills. I get short of breath and feel like I have an irregular heartbeat without the suboxne. Also trouble sleeping , stomach issues, and anxiety. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to ease these symptoms? Also about how long will the withdrawal symptoms persist once I stop taking suboxne altogether and is there a certain amount of time I should take suboxne until I quit altogether? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I am more determined to quit this awful addiction than ever before.
    thanks in advance for any support and advice.
    Moxkid

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I suggest that you do a taper off of the suboxone. Cut by .25% every 4-5 days and that will make landing easier. If you suddenly stop, you are going to go the full round of w/d for sure. You can check out davepearson's thread on need to talk. If you taper, you should be relatively fine, though you may have some w/d symptoms. You cannot expect to get back to "normal" right away. There is no magic cure. It's going to be awhile before your brain starts to manufacture natural substances. You have been taking drugs while your brain was still maturing. Please realize getting clean is easy and staying that way is hard: you can never use opiates again. I would suggest that you put a plan in place including NA/AA to help you build the tools you need to cope in the world without resorting to opiates. Use the Thomas Recipe.

Gatorade: helps with cramping
    Hyland's Restful Leg or Calme's Forte
    Plenty of water and good fruit juices: STAY AWAY from energy drinks
    Potassium
    B-12
    A good mineral supplement, magnesium
    vitamin supplement
    EXERCISE: this gets your natural endorphines producing again, so important even a little walk around.
    Serene L-theanine/ valarian root either for anxiety.
    melatonin or other OTC sleep aid
    Lethargy: L-tyrosine with B-6

Wish you luck. Do the taper.

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

izi_lena is offline Member

Sorry for the double post. :P

I'm suppose to go to work tomorrow and friday... all while today took all of my energy just to walk a block and back and stayed in bed most of the day i'm scared and i dont wanna loose my job.

I am more determined than ever and it sounds like you are too!! Next week I plan on ridding myself completely of the suboxne which will b the 2 week mark of 2mg suboxne a day. I sont wanna get hooked on the suboxne so im hoping I dont withdrawal too much. I will keep u posted on my progress n hope u keep me up to date on yours. I know we can both do this cause we have to. Please stay strong n hang in there n I will do the same.thanks for the support

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Moxkid: If you follow the taper you will have a softer landing. You will not get hooked on the sub, unless you want to be. If you jump next week from 2mg. of sub, I promise you will have about the same w/d from whatever it was you are getting off of and maybe worse. If you plan to jump from 2mg. you might just as well jump now. DO THE TAPER. The advice I gave you is from what I know and from what I've seen.

lzl: what are you coming off of? how much? and how long have you been going through the w/d. For energy:

Force yourself to get some EXERCISE. This is one of the most important things you can do.
    NO energy drinks and avoid caffeine. Get some L-tyrosine and b-6 (b-6 helps to metabolize the L-T).

Both of you HANG TOUGH.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-23-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

Moxkid, follow iloerose advise see ive been reading quite a bit all night and i shouldnt have jumped from 2mg.... i was at 18mg of sub and lowered at 2mg and thought that since 1mg didnt exist here that it needed to be done this way.... you should minimize your withdrawals symptoms as much as you can. wish me good luck for work tomorrow i need it

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by moxkid View Post
    I am more determined than ever and it sounds like you are too!! Next week I plan on ridding myself completely of the suboxne which will b the 2 week mark of 2mg suboxne a day. I sont wanna get hooked on the suboxne so im hoping I dont withdrawal too much. I will keep u posted on my progress n hope u keep me up to date on yours. I know we can both do this cause we have to. Please stay strong n hang in there n I will do the same.thanks for the support
    hi moxkid ny name is alex and I used subs as a toll to help me get of off a rather long run of opiate use which was mainly oxy and fent. If you have been talking 2 mg of subs for 10 days and plan on using 2 mg for 4 more days then jumping off with out weaning down further you will probably regret it. Subs are a very strong opiate and have a long half life and while you would probably be fine the first 2 or 3 days after stopping after that it will probably hit you hard. I would follow the taper plan by Robert 325 on here and wean down to at least .50 if not lower before you consider stopping. I would start tapering tomorrow by reducing 25% down to 1.5 and stay there 4 days then continue dropping 25% every 4 days. There is a thread in the sub forums by a member named Lincolnecho named my plan to kick vicodon habit with suboxone that you might want to look over. He started out at 2 mg a day and followed the taper plan and had very good results. If you jump at 2 mg the discomfort you will feel could lead to a relapse of pill use. Best wishes to you.

Alex

Iloerose,

Yes i was thinking of getting myself some L-Tyrosine L-glutamine and L-methionine tomorrow, i am taking b complex vit... thanks for the caffeine warning ive been drinking two cups a day :S

Jballa83 is offline New Member

To the know it all here, thx for nothing and you seem like one of those people who would be very unpleasant to be around cause no one like someone with all the answers. Bye yall

30bluedevils is offline New Member

I just did a quick 7 day sub taper was sniffing 3-4 30s a day and now im 7 days off subs and 14 days off everything...i did 4mg down to .5/.25 in 7 days...was uncomfortable for 3/4 days but nothing like it would have been..i had a little anxiety and depression but only thing that lingers now is sleep...i fall asleep fine then ill wake up in a few hours and be up for a few hours...my experience has luckily been much easier than others here, and im thankful for that but i feel and pray for all of you..!

hope this helps a little...ive been reading these for a year never posted...!

Thanks so much. This advice is seriously what I need and I am going to def try the things u suggested including checking out a program so I can get proper help.this has been one of the toughest battles I ever been through but with people like u iloerose it doesn't seem so daunting and for that I thank you

Jballa what r u talking about? Only thing people here are doing is giving advice and trying to help people with real problems and u didnt help anyone and u dont know what your talking about. Ilorose and bluedevil I am going to take your advice and taper it down and pick up the vitamins you suggested. Would maybe tapering down and skipping every other day be a good idea? Or should I taper down n take subs every day? By the way I appreciate any advice I can get so thank u everyone

Jballa what r u talking about? Only thing people here are doing is giving advice and trying to help people with real problems and u didnt help anyone and u dont know what your talking about. Ilorose and bluedevil I am going to take your advice and taper it down and pick up the vitamins you suggested. Would maybe tapering down and skipping every other day be a good idea? Or should I taper down n take subs every day? By the way I appreciate any advice I can get so thank u everyone
    mox she is upset with someone on here from something they posted on another thread. just listen to what people on here have suggested to you. bluedevis pointed out to you he did a 7 taper I read his thread on how he did it and he did a great job doing it in 7 days by the way. since you have already spent 10 days at the same dose where he reduced real fast lowering his dose lower every single day his fast taper is a bit different then how quick you can taper off now. I am glad he posted a thread on doing a fast taper because I knew it was possible but never knew what doses people used when they did one. Will talk with you later.

Alex

Day 6 today... woke up alittle more groggy than the other days but hop i go to work hope everything will go well and i will stop at the shop to get the supplements. Have a nice day everyone

Oh and i was wondering do you guys think that now would be a bad time to go do some blood tests, will that make me weaker? one more question, how do i start a new thread i dont wanna hijack mox thread.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-24-2014 at 06:32 AM.

U r not hijacking me but if u wanna make ur own thread u have to go to home page and start a new thread. T

Today I plan on starting the taper process. Does anyone have any advice on what time of day I should take the suboxne? I work nights so I go in at 6:30pm and get off at 3:00am. I normally wake up around noon. I have been taking it around 5:00pm so its working by the time I go to work. Any advice would be helpful

Izi please lmk how ur day at work goes

My double post disappeared took me all of my energy to writet it... oh well, moxkid, my day started badly... I was so lethargic at work i had to go lye down every hour in the employee lounge hopefully my boss didnt see me! lol later this afternoon i took a really long walk instead of taking my car to go buy all the supplements and i dont know if it was the sun or the music in my ears but i felt great!! i was walking briskly and i had energy its weird but i see the light at the end of the tunnel and the light is bright!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Izi are u trying to stop cold turkey or are you tapering down? I am so glad I found this forum because I would take suboxne for a couple weeks then just stop taking and I failed miserably every time. I am starting the taper and I feel wonderful. Stopping cold turkey is very hard especially if u have to work as I do.If u have access to subs u should try n taper and take the advice everyone has given on it. I am going to keep posting my progress as the days go on. This forum is great support and even better advice. I am glad you (hijacked) my thread because I think we can help each other. Today I will take 1 mg suboxne and continue for 4 days then drop to .5mg for 4 days etc.. I know we can both do this and please stay strong and hang in there..:-)

Also I am going tomorrow to get all the vitamins that were suggested and try to start having a daily routine in order to get my life back. Remember we were addicts for years and cant feel normal over night. Like kellen said in a post "remember its not a sprint, rather a marathon"
    alexnt likes this.

Izi are u trying to stop cold turkey or are you tapering down? I am so glad I found this forum because I would take suboxne for a couple weeks then just stop taking and I failed miserably every time. I am starting the taper and I feel wonderful. Stopping cold turkey is very hard especially if u have to work as I do.If u have access to subs u should try n taper and take the advice everyone has given on it. I am going to keep posting my progress as the days go on. This forum is great support and even better advice. I am glad you (hijacked) my thread because I think we can help each other. Today I will take 1 mg suboxne and continue for 4 days then drop to .5mg for 4 days etc.. I know we can both do this and please stay strong and hang in there..:-)

I have stopped at 2mg didnt think it was necessary to go lower since i had been on 18mg and figured that 2mg was nothing... but if i would of came here earlier i might have done it differently what helps me the most is the full 8hr sleeps and the baths and getting moving except yesterday god it was awful such lethargy...

Be strong and do it the way the pros says to do it, its probably best

Today I plan on starting the taper process. Does anyone have any advice on what time of day I should take the suboxne? I work nights so I go in at 6:30pm and get off at 3:00am. I normally wake up around noon. I have been taking it around 5:00pm so its working by the time I go to work. Any advice would be helpful
    mox I would just continue taking it at the same time as you have been. I dosed at about the same time every day during my whole taper.

Alex

mox I just noticed that you were planning on dropping from 2 mg to 1 mg. That is to much of a drop %wise. I really recommend you drop to 1.5 and stay there for 4 days. If you taper to quick it can come back and backfire on you. If you only took 1 mg today you wont notice the drop right now but I really think you should take 1.5 the next 3 days. Talk with you later

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    mox I just noticed that you were planning on dropping from 2 mg to 1 mg. That is to much of a drop
    %wise. I really recommend you drop to 1.5 and stay there for 4 days. If you taper to quick it can come back and backfire on you. If you only took 1 mg today you wont notice the drop right now but I really think you should take 1.5 the next 3 days. Talk with you later

Alex
    Alex its just hard to break it down because I have the generic white suboxne pills and they break apart alot. Any suggestions on a better way of breaking them up? Also I have only been taking the subs for about a lil over a week if that makes any difference

Buy a pill cutter

444TS444 is offline New Member

hey guys, this thread looks alive with mox and izi really helping each other out. Listen, I'm down to join this battle. So i'll be commenting with you guys. Tell me how you're doing.
    As for me, guys... I was doing 3 bags of "H" a day. smoking it. Last Friday I took my last dose. I made it sat, sun, and into Monday and finally broke down doing only 1 bag to feel fine. failed the following day, tue, also doing 1 bag. Then I did another 2 days without the Drug Of Choice (DOC). Broke today, but I won't break again. I am ready for the pain. I have 1 8mg strip of suboxone that I don't think I dare touch. I have, however, cut it into 18 small pieces. so each piece is 8/18=.444 milligrams of suboxone. Ironically 444 is my lucky number. A sign to use the suboxone?

anyways, Saturday I would wake up periodically to vomit and have the acid from the vomit set off a laryngospasm. A laryngospasm is when a vocal chord, usually a damaged one, begins to spasm. When this happens forget about breathing for the next minute. By this I mean you try to take a breath but you cannot, you sound like a zombie, panic, and end up on the floor panting. So my Saturday was me vomiting, followed by a spasm, and thus I would end up on the bathroom floor, full junkie style, laying in my own puke gasping and hardly breathing.

I never want to face that type of withdrawal again... END OF STORY... so let this be a record to remind myself...

Sunday was better, and 36 hours into being clean I took about 1 mg of suboxone. I shouldn't have.

Monday I broke. Tuesday at 4pm I broke. Wednesday at 4pm I took a suboxone and made it until Thursday at 4pm for another 2 days without using my DOC. It's Friday, 4 am here, and i'm done. I'm going to be as sick as a dog. My last 20 dollars I have is going to go to paying my internet so I can stay in touch with you guys and fight. I have limited supplies. Basically I am in for pain, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right?

I did 8 days clean cold turkey in March. The lethargy goes away, pretty much, by 8 days. However, suboxone I have read, as we all have, has one intense half-life so I would assume that tripling that figure is a safe bet. 24 days.

444ts444,

Hi i feel for you... ive been through over 14 detoxes off H in my life and im only 33 and thoses were between 2009 to 2011... its kind of foggy but yeah i think thats about right. I've been using ''an opiate without prescription'' for 10 years. I dont know what a bag means but i was using 2 grams a day the last 2 years before that i started with a quarter smoking it and it escaladed rapidly. Look do you have access to a dr? i'm asking because the best detoxes were from H and not methadone or suboxone... i'm now at my 7th day off suboxone and as i am reading the forum im far from done as of H after 7 day you are pretty much over and even perhaps before. My first detoxes off H were short 4-5 days but more i relapsed and detoxed again, it got longer and longer... my last detox lasted 28 days no joke...lol... So yeah i asked about the dr because i have a recipy that i have been using its painless... let me know if i can help

444TS444 is offline New Member

no doctor izi. Spending my last 20 dollars on internet tomorrow, lets just say: I'm detoxing whether I like it or not haha. sigh... anyways, seeing as your last detox was 28 days because you relapsed so much... I'm guessing rather then 8 days, I am looking at more like 10 days. Dang, I have only 8 days before work.
    Yeah, it took me until I turned 30 to become what I am. I havn't turned 31 yet however, 2 months away. I need to beat this now, i know it only gets more difficult with time.
    also, I won't touch the suboxone. I have read too many horror stories, or if I do, I will only take .444 mg's and the next day immmediatly take half of that, and the next half of that and so on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast