Please Help
    kingkerosin1307 is offline New Member

Default Please Help

I have been on oxy now for over 2 years due to a back problem. I am prescribed them, but like everyone else I have read, my script no longer lasts a month anymore. Not even 2 weeks anymore . Every month I tell my self I do not want to get my script and I want to end this life of seeking my meds everyday. But every time I see my doctor, I never speak up. What can I do? Should I ask my doctor I no longer want these and what off of them? Should I stop cold turkey? My life has gotten worse since I have been on these and I know I'm dependent on them. Every morning I cant start my day without them and it kills me to think I'm addicted to something like these. But I am and I admit it. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm scared to tell my doctor I want to stop but I think that's the best choice, What do you guys think?

bake6098 is offline New Member

Personally I don't see the issue with telling your Dr. the truth and asking for help. Also if your Dr. knows your feelings about wanting to stop then he can ensure that he doesn't continue to prescribe them to you the drugs make you change your mind.

istrvler is offline Member

King: My wife and I stopped Cold Turkey, now we were not heroes or courageous by any means we were forced into a cold turkey quit. If you want to read through my story I have two threads "My Wife and I decided to quit Percocet/Oxymorphone CT" and "My Wife and I decided to quit Percocet/Oxymorphone CT III". We were running short every month both of us have medical reasons for being prescribed pain meds injuries and surgeries have caused us chronic pain and we have a wonderful doctor with a heart of gold. When we ran out we could not believe it he was going out of town for 3 weeks and made sure to prescribe us what should have been more than enough to take us through, however there we were 25 days in and no pills nothing, our biggest fears realized so cold turkey it was. We ran out on the 4th he was not due in town until the 12th so at a minimum we were facing 9 days of no pills. I found this forum by using google and searching for how long does it take to withdraw from Percocet or something similar to that. Well needless to say we were as dope sick as we could be, what made it worse is I had to work during the how thing except for days 4 & 5. When we realized just how many pills we had taken over a 25 day span we realized that this was not just pain management but that we were addicted, addicts. The people on the forum reached out to us and responded to our story and helped us in any way they could. One thing you should be ready for though here is that while people will support you they will not tell you what you want to hear they are going to tell you what you need to hear. To be totally honest with you it was a blessing that our doctor was not in town because I am not sure we would have quit we probably would have figured out a way to manipulate him into giving us an early script and kept on killing our selves slowly, but with him gone there was no other choice for us. So we took people's advice looked up the Thomas Recipe (a combination of vitamins and supplements, hot showers, exercise and well the recipe call for Benzos (valium) but we had no access to that) and started out on the hardest journey we have taken in our lives. After talking it over and listening to the people here we came to realize a couple of things one we were addicts, two we had to tell our doctor everything, three doctors know that this stuff is addictive and the good ones and ours is a good one will help you in any way they can and four if we stayed the course and continued to take 180 + Percocet and 120 + oxymorphone a month we would eventually end up dead. One day my wife would wake up or one of my sons (they are 21 and 23) try and wake us up in the morning and not be able to finding us dead in bed just like you read in the paper everyday. Like I said if you want to read the whole sorted story check out our threads end of the day if you are serious about quitting want to save your life and get off this poison tell your doctor everything. How you have built up a resistance to the meds, how they don't even last two weeks and you want off of them he/she will help you. You will get cut off of your pain meds but the doctor will probably prescribe you some benzos (valium) to sleep some clonidine (sorry if misspelled) a blood pressure med that will help with restless legs, and they you should go out and get the Thomas Recipe stuff (L-Tylosine (you can take between 2,000- 4,000 mg this give you some energy and helps your body absorb the little bit of food you will be able to eat in the beginning of withdrawals vitamins B6 and B12 Imodium and a good mineral supplement) . You don't have to go cold turkey you can taper but from what I read it really just prolongs the pain, you will go through 5 - 7 days of a really really bad flu if you go cold turkey and then begin to feel better. The mind games your brain puts you through lasts longer that is what I am suffering from now but it is all doable and you will be so much better off for it I can even express in words how much better you will feel in a couple of weeks. I now get up with a spring in my step I don't ever have to worry about counting pills again living doctor appointment to doctor appointment worrying constantly about how am I going to make this last worrying about getting sick living as a slave to pills. You have to want this more than you want anything else in your life but just imagine getting up in the morning and the first thing you want to do is take a short walk around the block before work or getting up on the weekend and relaxing outside without chewing up a bunch of pills before you even brush your teeth. Your right your not living right now your existing tell your doctor turn over a new leaf and start to live again. Stay strong post here we will all help and support you this is a great place to be able to vent get advice and be set straight when you go into pity party mode. My wife and I did it and if we did it anyone can go for it you won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!