Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes
Please help...
    KnotMeUgh is offline Junior Member

Well things are still going good. Day 8 today and haven't even thought about doing any pills in days. Hardest part for me by far is the no sleep. I mean, maybe a hour all together a night, if that. That is by far the craziest thing. It's not worth even trying to take any sleep aide cause it does nothing. But everyday clean is better, even if it doesn't feel like it. Keep chugging along people, don't let anyone say you can't do this cause you can. I know it's only 8 days but I'm heading for freedom at last. I feel like I have so many emotions. Hang in there and look forward, everything is in the past......

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Hey... logged in after a long time. Been 9 months since i had vicodin myself. Long journey. But worth the pain you go through. Its a blurr for me now. But the worst days for me where the first 3 weeks. It took me 18 days to naturally smile for real. I quit CT with on loperamide as a aid. Worst part was the emotional roller coaster you go through on the fist 2 weeks. I wanted to die. Buy after 3 weeks i got better and better. It was after 2 months that i actually stopped thinking about opiates. Then 3 months was the spot where i was normal again. But at months, I care less about pills. Im still carefull though, unfortunatrly opiates give yoi such a nice energy boost and a amazing sense of happiness, you never forget the good moods they brought. So its easy to give in to the thoughts. So the key really is TIME. You just has to accept that. No othervway. Good luck. Ask any q if u want.
    Ming23 likes this.

Crazy sounds like your doing great. It's amazing to me that I really thought I wasn't going to ever quit. I think all the bull>>>> just came to a peak. Broke, asking family for money. I'm 41 for crying out loud. Hello loser you don't ask your family for money at that age unless for emergency. I'm going on 12 days clean and will and hope to never go back. Last night I tried a sleeping pill ok maybe two, but slept better last night then any other. My main problem besides sleep is my legs are tired all the time. Seems like waist up I'm full of energy, legs are two blocks behind. I don't think it RLS either. But everyday is better I guess or not as bad as some prior.

Well two weeks in now and no looking back. Still kinda hard to sleep all night. Took NyQuil Z last night and slept a lot. Thanks you everyone for the help. You guys are great.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Knotme
    Congrats on your 2 weeks! Yes, the head trip is tough. The mind is accustomed to being sedated and it comes up with all kinds of excuses. That's why it's good to have support--keeps us on track when our own minds tell us otherwise! Crazy no? Lol
    Proud of u for hanging in there! You can do this. Get some exercise to wake up the lower body. Walk. Yoga. Bicycle.
    You're right about being 41 and not wanting to ask family for drug money. You can thank God that you even recognized that! Many of us did not!
    Drink a lot of water to flush out toxins. Make New habits to replace old, negative behaviors. Clean the house. Anything!
    Keep posting. It helps enormously.
    Here for ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12