Please help im addicted to codiene prospate

Default Please help im addicted to codiene prospate

Day 2 & im not coping the side affects ive been on this drug for 5 or 6 years & im gone cold turkey, will a doctor give me something to help the side effects ? I cant even sosilize without the drugs, i feel like im going to relaps to feel better again when i was on them i was confident & outgoing now i just stay in my room anxious all the time!! I was taking 30mg codiene prospate 20 tabs a day for the past 5/6 years can someone please give me some advise on what to do ? Should i see a doctor to help with another drug to stop the side effects of aching mussels, restless legs, anxiety? I take 25mg endep at night to help me sleep but its not working without the codiene ? Please help

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by scoobz1989 View Post
    Day 2 & im not coping the side affects ive been on this drug for 5 or 6 years & im gone cold turkey, will a doctor give me something to help the side effects ? I cant even sosilize without the drugs, i feel like im going to relaps to feel better again when i was on them i was confident & outgoing now i just stay in my room anxious all the time!! I was taking 30mg codiene prospate 20 tabs a day for the past 5/6 years can someone please give me some advise on what to do ? Should i see a doctor to help with another drug to stop the side effects of aching mussels, restless legs, anxiety? I take 25mg endep at night to help me sleep but its not working without the codiene ? Please help
    Hey Scoobz, Welcome to the forum.... Congratulations on making the decision to get well first of all, a step you will not regret. Going cold turkey is the way to go with opiates and the side effects you are feeling are completely normal. The first thing I will tell you is to hydrate, tons of water and gatorade to flush those toxins out, this is very important. Imodium for bathroom issues is very helpful. What you are going through is like a bad flue, just know it will end. Everyone is different however the norm is five to seven days until the worst is over so you are well on your way. Hot baths and heating pads will help with the restless legs, sadly this is one of the worst symptoms of detoxing but once the drug is out of your system the restless legs will stop as well. Benadryl will help for sneezing and stuffiness and will also give you a bit of relief from the anxiety, endep is giving you some relief however if you ave been taking it for a while you may not be getting the maximum effect as you are withdrawing ergo your anxiety is intensified do to detoxing. This is an antidepressant I believe so if you have been on it for some time do not quit taking it.
    There is no quick fix to get off of opiates just keep in mind that all of those horrible symptoms will subside in a few days.Right now it is one day at a time, heck one hour at a time but you can do this, the tub was a place I spent most of my time as that is where I got the most relief. There is also the Thomas Recipe, I do not have the link handy but it is all over google. If you are not currently on benzos I would strongly suggest you stay away from them as they are a whole different animal to get off of.Like I said there is no quick fix for this withdraw but it is a week or less until most of the symptoms are gone, if you are able even a ten minute walk here and there is very helpful. Keeping your mind busy be it reading threads on here, writing things down, keeping a journal of your journey, or just anything you can think of to try and keep your mind off of your symptoms is also beneficial.
    It took you a long time to get here so now that you are just know that you are not alone. Things are quiet on the weekends on this site but please keep posting as there are so many of us here that want to help you through this. Post all of your symptoms, thoughts, just what ever is on your mind and know that this is a safe place where you can speak your mind.
    You have made the first step to get your life back now you just need to get through the next couple of days one day at a time.
    You got this
    Stay Strong
    Never Give Up
    We Are Here For You

Laurie