Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
please help me

Default please help me

I am beginning to go into wds and I feel absolutely horrible physically and mentally. I know the worst is still to come and I can't keep doing this to myself I've been taking 10-20 10mg norcos a day I am not the same person anymore and I need help my children need their mother back I need my life back I haven't been able to make it over 2 days without craving but I'm so beyond ready to finally break this cycle please help me

Meant to write without craving and then giving in

4Keeps is offline Junior Member

Hi and welcome. I too am new to these boards. Still trying to figure things out. I've been down this road too. The people here are awesome. Sounds like you're struggling a bit at the moment. It is normal and I know that you can get through it. It is frightening and I know what that feels like.

Can you give a little bit of info? How did you approach this? Did you tapper down or go from 20 a day to 0 overnight? Do you have anything or anyone to help you through this?

Thank you for responding I'm having a terrible time I became an addict after being treated for chronic pain which I still struggle with but my addiction has become much worse than my battle with pain I've been trying so hard to finally break this cycle I've tried tapering and cold turkey I've failed at both my typical day consists of taking 4-6 10 mg tabs at a time 3-4 times a day I literally don't get out of bed without taking my first dose i was I guess you can say forced to taper BC of running out so I've had 16 throughout the last 2 days not counting today with my last 2 being taken this morning I have immodium that I'm taking for my stomach and I have clonodine but I've noticed that I get even weaker when I've taken it before so I haven't taken any yet despite my life being on the verge of ruin no one knows about this ive been too embarrassed to admit it my life is in shambles in every area of my life I'm broke and my job is in jeopardy BC every time I go through wds I miss and literally all I do is lay in bed I've got to figure out a way to beat this my children are the world to me and they deserve better than a yo yo mom I'm supermom until this happens and then its completely different when I'm in wds I can't keep doing this Im ashamed and feel so guilty I need help I don't know how to get through this thank you again for responding and I am very appreciative of anyone who can help

Hi, I didn't mean to leave you hanging. Many people try to stop and fail. If it wasn't so difficult, there wouldn't be message boards like this, right? Try not to get too down on yourself, that's not going to help you now. I assume you ran out early. I've done that and I know it's not any fun. In a way, I think I did it to myself on purpose. How dumb is that? Are you managing at this point? I'm not familiar with clonodine. Maybe someone can offer some advise regarding that.

Keep on going. You can do it and it will be worth it. Pray, meditate, distract yourself, whatever you can think of to try to keep your mind off of it. It's not impossible. When I got overwhelmed, I'd take a deep breath, close my eyes and tell myself that it's the drugs doing this. Take it minute by minute, second by second and keep on going.
    Catherine120813 likes this.

Hi again, there a lot of good info in these threads. People suggest keeping hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, exercise, hot showers, soaking in the tub, etc. It's all great advise. Maybe reading other peoples stories or jumping into another thread will help too. There are others here going through what you are.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Ineedmylifeback,

We will help you through.....keep posting.

I'm making myself post at least something even though I feel so horrible I don't want to I'm trying my best to take deep breaths and telling myself that I can beat this I feel so depressed and I have no energy at all just fixing something to drink seems so hard I hate how controlled I am by those pills

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations on the best decision you will ever make.. Pills have a short half-life so the worst of the withdrawals technically should be over in 3-5 days. But as you know everyone is different.
    I hope that you will take a look at The Thomas Recipe , you can google it. It has suggestions for opiate withdrawals that have worked for many people. Staying hydrated is probably one of most important things for you to do.

This will pass you have to keep telling yourself this . You didn't become addicted overnight! So be easy on yourself.. If you stay in the guilt you will use again.. You are really fortunate that you stopped now. Pills are getting harder to get that is why many opiate addicts have to turn to >>>>>>.
    I was on and off Norco for years then went to methadone . I am now 123 days off methadone and I have never looked back!
    It sounds like you are getting up and moving around. That is great! Keep drinking water. Vitamins and exercise will be some of things that will help you too. This is a stressful time your body is healing and learning to function without pills.
    Knowledge is power when it comes to this and I think being prepared is the difference in succeeding or not succeeding! There is a lot of experience and information on here for you to use ! Take it and run!
    Please keep posting! You got this!

Thank you both for posting I feel so alone i just keep thinking how am I going to do this I feel so horrible I'm so miserable your kind words have helped thank you

I can't believe I feel this horrible How did I let this happen??? I've never touched drugs don't drink I feel so hopeless I keep praying for God to give me the strength to help me get through this and never ever have to feel this way again I would never have imagined that I would be in this situation I just want my life back I am literally only a shell of who I used to be God please help me This is not who I am or where I'm supposed to be in my life I've accomplished so much and now have lost so much due to this addiction I pray that this is the last time I ever feel this way I want my life back no I need my life back I can't keep going through this vicious cycle

blues30 is offline New Member

im detoxing myself after 3 or 4 attempts during my 5 yr addiction to snorting 30 mil percs . You do need to seek help from a close family member , friend or priest to guide you through other options and counciling

there is inpatient and outpatient treatments avail. detoxing alone is dangerous.
    4Keeps likes this.

Praying for your strength, Ineed......

How long since your last pill?

Last 2 10 mg tabs of lortab yesterday morning going deep into withdrawal how does anyone make it through this???

I wish I had someone to help me through this but sadly I don't that's a big part of why I'm in this situation I'm a single mom of 4 children I never ever imagined this would happen to me Anyone who has been here please tell me how you got through it BC I'm struggling so bad right now

me ? I did 60 mils yesterday , I drink daily also . im what they call a professional . Not proud . I have the best insurance avail., but outpatient COPAY is $40.00 a visit at 3x a week ....I refuse 30 day inpatient care bc of work and family . I know , I should be there . buit im giving myself a 5 day detox , then presenting my wife with the decision of a 30 day vacay. I also have great faith in Jesus Christ , which is a big help .

If you are a Christian of the catholic faith ,The Daily Rosary (9 day Novena) to Our Immaculate Mother is powerful !!!
    You should be around a family member or a good friend and supervised sweetheart,

are your children with you ?

Yes my love for and belief in Jesus is very strong I'm Methodist so I'm not familiar with the daily rosary Praying for help strength etc and the Lords Prayer has seemed to be the only thing that has helped me get through these last 2 days I called my local substance abuse clinic and they can't see me until next Thursday I have no idea how I'm even going to make it until then 3 of my 4 children are in school but otherwise they are all with me

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Ineedmylifeback,

Stay tuned. You'll get advice and support here. Sorry to disagree with you blue, but cold turkey detox from opiates IS NOT dangerous. Not a wonderful experience, but it's not dangerous.

How did we do it? I'll tell yah for me, pure determination and wanting to get past this more than I wanted relief. I got thru it minute by minute. I accepted the lack of sleep and even the jonesing. As the minutes passed I became more determined that I would never return to that place again. Relapse? Oh yeah plenty of times before I got the right attitude as mentioned above. Five years clean at the end of the year after going cold turkey from 120 mg/day of oxy, and H. Yuppers. I found the other side and stayed there. It can be done if you want it badly enough.

Peace,

Cat

Wow Cat congratulations I so badly want to be where you are I'm so sick I can barely type but I wanted to let both of you know how much your words have meant to me I seriously need all the help and encouragement I can get right now thank you again

Catherine120813 is offline Senior Member

You can be exactly where Cat is; just keep hanging in there for 3 more days and you will be pretty much out of the woods. Then you can begin a new life. No mistake; the next couple of days will not be fun. Do you have a jigsaw puzzle? Get it out and do it with the kids. The point is just to pass the minutes/hours till you get to the other side. Sleep will not be easy... I took a LOT of hot showers, and I exercised, two things you are not going to want to do, but they really are the only things that gave me relief. And keep posting!

Thank you for your encouragement and advice I just can't make myself get out if this bed I have a few moments when I feel more determined then I just feel completely helpless and hopeless all over again

The Husband is offline Member

you should take hot showers as many as you can in a day I know you don't want to move but in reality laying there only allows you to focus on how bad you feel. I lay on my back so sick when i c/t off oxy for 4 days on the 5th day I forced myself outside to do something and as long as my mind was distracted I was doing ok. I had to get angry about not being able to be the dad I wanted and making my son see me so ill was enough motivation to push through it. Just made a year clean on sept. 4th. From reading your thread sounds like your on day 3? By the end of day 4 you should be doing much better!

Hi Ineed,
    Just checking in on you. I think it's great that so many have jumped in to help. Even though this detox won't kill you, it can sure feel like it. You are so close now. Keep on going, the worst is nearly over. Please don't give into it now. Keep posting, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome Ineedmylifeback,

Stay tuned. You'll get advice and support here. Sorry to disagree with you blue, but cold turkey detox from opiates IS NOT dangerous. Not a wonderful experience, but it's not dangerous.

How did we do it? I'll tell yah for me, pure determination and wanting to get past this more than I wanted relief. I got thru it minute by minute. I accepted the lack of sleep and even the jonesing. As the minutes passed I became more determined that I would never return to that place again. Relapse? Oh yeah plenty of times before I got the right attitude as mentioned above. Five years clean at the end of the year after going cold turkey from 120 mg/day of oxy, and H. Yuppers. I found the other side and stayed there. It can be done if you want it badly enough.

Peace,

Cat
    Thank You ! And congratulations !

>> thought the idea of having her motherly responsibilities obscured by her detox determination .

But , Im actually at the crossroads of my life where im sick of being a prisoner to this disease .Your faith and determination will also help. Having a close family member or a friend nearby helps enormously .SO DOES THIS SITE !
    4Keeps and Catherine120813 like this.

Hey all, not picking sides at all. I agree with both of you guys. I've see other posts from Cat and I read Blues too. It's pretty clear we're here to both get and give help. Everyone's intentions are nothing but good. That being said, I thought the statement was a bit too broad and to a new member I can see the response being offensive. However, to say that anything having to do with these medications is entirely safe or doesn't have the potential to be dangerous is a bit naive. For the record, some opiates can be very dangerous and deadly to WD from rapidly or without help. If would like proof, I'll post it for you. I don't think cat meant to offend.

I'm more concerned with how Ineed is doing and what blues is going to need in what I hope is the very near future.

Cool?
    blues30 likes this.

Hey blues, check out my latest post in need to talk, thread, Seeking help, feeling alone. You might like it. You can also get to it by clicking my name above and then viewing my posts.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry if I offended anyone (I am never offended, 4keeps---we're good). I think perhaps we may be addressing different things here. Using any medication has risks and so if you are using anything, including over the counter things, to detox, then the level of danger may be person by person. Some people can't tolerate Tylenol. Any anti-anxiety medication, valium, clonidine, etc. should be prescribed by a physician who knows your history to be sure it's safe to take, for YOU. In addition, any benzo should be taken sparingly and avoided entirely if possible. If you do take it, only do it for the first few days of detox. Cold turkey detox in itself is simply not dangerous, just uncomfortable. Just to be sure, I just read several articles from medical professionals that have confirmed this fact. I would be interested to know where you read that detox is dangerous. Not to be argumentative, just curious. Either way, we can agree to disagree and if there's anyone who is worried about this issue, I would suggest that they do a bit of surfing themselves or better yet, ask their doctor. I'm not a physician so whatever I say here or on any thread is based entirely upon my wealth of experience and from what I've read. In any event, my humble opinion is that USING any medication other than as directed by a physician is at the very least more dangerous than detoxing cold turkey. Enough said about that from me.

We've hijacked this thread to address this so perhaps we can just get back on track to help Ineed???

How you doing this morning Ineed? Just checking in and hoping that each passing minute increases your determination to put this behind you. I know exactly what this is all about and exactly what it feels like to conquer it. Life is soooo worth living when you are clean, happy and healthy.

Peace,

Cat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-19-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Thank you to everyone who responded I feel almost too weak to even type this morning but I'm going to try I'm starting day and have had a horrible night couldn't sleep it feels like depression and anxiety are consuming me all I've been able to do is pray and pray some more I've never been able to make it this far and I'm trying to let that be a testament to my strength although I feel completely hopeless and weak right now I'm so sorry of how I sound I've read other posts and it seems like most have a more positive attitude but I'm sorry I'm not there yet I just keep thinking of my children and how I need to do this for them God please help me so I don't ever have to go through this again

You just keep praying, Ineed.......God will give you the strength, but you must do some things to help as soon as you can.

Try to move when possible. The kids can just think Mom has a bad flu. Keep plenty of fluids going in you, it will help flush out everything, and keep you hydrated.

Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe: https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Read over it.....there is some useful info.

You CAN do this!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast