Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Please help me with opiate detox NO ENERGY
    miss kellymcd is offline New Member

OK,Iamlooking at all the detoxing sucsess stories which are all great and wonderful,I'm right there with you.... my big question is how do I find the energy???? I take vitamins Evey day....eat well???? What else

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by miss kellymcd View Post
    OK,Iamlooking at all the detoxing sucsess stories which are all great and wonderful,I'm right there with you.... my big question is how do I find the energy???? I take vitamins Evey day....eat well???? What else
    I slept a lot.That was really all I could do. Working only 2 days a week helps.I've been clean nearly 60 days and things are pretty normal now. It's never easy.but we will all have some sort of lingering affect until we are 100% clean and through the entire WD cycle.
    pillpoppn likes this.

sunnyflower79 is offline New Member

Default getting off painpill addiction

It took me two weeks before feeling normal. The first week is awful, but when its all over it is so worth it. Tapering off slowly is important. Suboxone helped but u just replace one addiction for another. Eating healthy is a plus - no sugar, lots of veggies and fruits and water... clean ur system out. Take supplements and bundle up and take as long of a walk as you can daily. Listen to some music. Its been 4 years since I have been off everything and I feel amazing.

pillpoppn is offline Banned

I am having a hard time getting up and moving around as well (Day 5 off 120mg/oxy Cold Turkey); the pain and restlessness, chills and sweats keep me up all night so I am getting little to no sleep. I am tired all the time and can't do much.

I did start taking multivitamins and drinking gatorade and fruit smoothies. It's still hard for me to eat.

I want so bad to be able to sleep; today I picked up some benadryl, because I also have been sneezing. I hope it helps.

Each day has been getting better with Night 1 the absolute worst most painful experience of my life.

Thanks for the tips... It does feel amazing to have conquered the early stages of the beast!!

I wish you all the best in your recovery journey,

PP

barbiefreak is offline New Member

This is the hardest thing I have ever done. I have been clean for 5.5 days. The RLS has gone, vomiting has subsided, the Immodium worked well, hate feeling like my skin has its own nest of creepy crawlers, 6 th day first day I have eaten in a week, lost weight quit smoking 2 damn pluses. But here it is Saturday night at 7:54 pm and I am in bed. NO ENERGY AT ALL!!!!!!..Had to go to hospital today as I had to be rehydrated. Is there anything to hope for?
    The Husband likes this.

The Husband is offline Member

Get some pedialyte, Ensures and start hydrating and replenishing your body. Around day 5 most people start to feel better but if its stronger opiates usually 7-10 days and methadone/ suboxone even longer. God bless

lbrummet07 is offline New Member

Default thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleag89 View Post
    I have an apointment with a drug and alcohol clinic Tuesday. They are going to perform an assessment for free and see what its going to take to help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by xFaithx View Post
    >> Kyle- i'm new to post here, but have read thousands of posts various
    > threads. You really have come to a good place.
    >> I TOTALY feel you with the extreme and debilitating fatigue issue. I do
    > not think it is fair of anyone to minimize another's reality, by assuming
    > "It cant be thaaat bad...your habit isnt anywhere near mine....etc"
    >> We are all physiologically and psychologically built so uniquely in
    > chemistry to begin with, so its hard for anyone to truly realize another's
    > baseline let alone, to then apply something as complex as a body and mind
    > structurally altered by opiates...makes it even more difficult to acertain
    > between iatrogenic causes for pain/fatigue/anxiety/depression and
    > underlying health issues. It is only possible to know, if we shed ourselves
    > of the "veil" of opiates. Soo much easier said than done.
    > Not a single soul, that has not endured a life effected by opiates, can or
    > will ever understand. Thats why so many end up here.
    > Many report similar symptoms from opiate withdrawal, but even with our
    > individual realities, perceptions and feelings being so subjective, its
    > easy to forget how unique we all are, when thrown into the starkly
    > objective and black and white process of opiate withdrawal hell. We all
    > have a serious and life altering commonality that in many ways instantly
    > bonds us, in this quest for freedom from, the shackles of opiated inprisonment.

I wish everyone had supports in place, readily available to help us do the simple things, so many take for granted.

I think you are on the right path, in seeking medical treatment. Severe fatigue that keeps even the most ambitious or hardworking people down, isnt normal. You may find with routine blood work, that whatever imbalancelevel or deficiency you likely havestop may be easily remedied with temporary medication or diet alteration. Most if not all, on opiates as well as those in severe pain, become adrenally fatigued.

Suboxone or buprenorphine can allow some time to heal and get some peoples addictive lives re-organized and on the right path, and does in fact allow many to feel like they did when at a pre opiate state -energy levels often go up (even though bupe is an opiate) its the partial agonist effect, and its unique process and structure that allow some a smoother transition off of opiates. It is a short lived feeling, and taken at too high a dose, inducted and stabilized incorrectly (as it usually is....tsk tsk doctors) it can quickly become a gorilla on your back as opposed to the monkey you previously lugged around. Do your homework, be informed, and definitely consider that most doctors are naive and reckless in bupe prescribing techniques, out merely for the profit - not to help you. Bupe should largely be used short term, and in micro dosing. Some with lifelong histories may very well need maintenance for life. Once pickled, ya can never go back to being a cucumber.

Sounds like you only have a toe in the brine, that is good news!!
    Stay strong, do what is best for you, but if your only desire for taking opies is to stave off crippling fatigue, do do place creedence in what others including myself have shared.
    Try to find if there is a medical reason, that is an underlying cause for your fatigue, that may be treated without using bupe. Its a huuge deal, seriously potent stuff with serious consequences. I realize I may be preaching to the choir, and that you may know all of this already.

Atleast know, you're not alone.
    Wishing you, and everyone fighting the fight for our lives and minds -. All of the best.
    stay strong. Be patient, stay positive. It took a while to become this ill - its going to take just as long, if not longer, to get better.

Hugs to all,

Faith
    Kyle-
    Thank you for having enough sense to put all of this out there, with best interests at heart. I do fall under the trap of minimizing other peoples complaints about vicadin, bt evry1 rly is diff. . Im 25 bt done opiates for 8 yrs. Did the "bad stuff" for 3 yrs and then been on methadone since. Worse mistake I ever made. The aftermath of what it does to ur physical being and mentally is crazy. At 30 days clean everyday is a struggle. Cant even walk unless I take gabapentin (nerve pain), & worst of all at this part is the lack of energy. Ive always had energy up until now. Like I can barely walk to the car w.o being tired. methadone takes months to get right from physically. Bt instead of getting on more narcotics, im getting blood work done because I was told years of opiate abuse causes Major vitmains deficiencies. Which is what causes the lack of energy. They may put me on b12 shot and vitamin b. Natural solutions to aiding in getting better. It sux no matter, but >> done right, we only gotta get thru it once! Thanks 4 intelligent, honest, encouragement.

lbrummet07 is offline New Member

I cannot disagree more, respectfully. When u have a 8 yr opiate addiction to the "scary stuff" then get on 120mg of methadone daily for the next 4yrs... thinking its ok bc its hard reduction... u will experience real pain. Methadone is the highest opiate and longed lasting aftermath. We have the disease of addiction & CANNOT jst cut down our own dose. You DO NEED A DOCTOR, you DO NEED HEALTH FOOD TO HEALTH THE DEFICIENIES OF VITAMINS (I have to start b12 injections bc thy said I am so deficient of vitmains from not taking care of myself frm years of using. U do need therapy, which insurance will help. Bc meetings r great, but u have to get to base underlying problems first. Addiction. Is never a quick fix.

kdm2014 is offline New Member

Default Brr Chills Are the worst so far

This an old thread don't know where I even fit in. Been on Norco 10 and 15mg. Morphine since auto accident last yr. I have lost my job due to health restrictions and the only way of getting another job is to hide my pain and get off these meds.....36 hrs into cold turkey
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-16-2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: misspell

melindau is offline Member

hi kdm...you can post here!!!! we can find you...or we can start you a thread of your own!
    talk to us...
    Melinda

So I thought I posted but looks like it disappeared......I can't find where to start new topic

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdm2014 View Post
    So I thought I posted but looks like it disappeared......I can't find where to start new topic
    Hi there. Go to the top of this page and click on General Discussion Boards. That will take you to a page that shows all the different boards. Find and click on Need To Talk. At the top of that page, you can click on "start new thread".

Give some history about yourself and what you're going through. We're here for ya!
    Kat

260shooter is offline New Member

I had a similar experience with OC, and perc 30s years ago. I was on 170mg of OC and perc30s and didn't even want to quit, but got the stomach bug (a bad one). I would snort a 30 and in 3 mins vomit. I laid in the bed from a Fri to Tues, and went to Dr and I was dehydrated so bad they give me 3 bags of IV with something for nauesea, and something similar to ibuprofen for horrific back pains. I had to stop 3 times while going the 30min drive to Urgent care. They made someone come drive me home after several yrs, and my whole family, kids and all were vomiting as well, so my Mother in Law came got me. After one more night, I woke up and felt like a brand new person. And thinking "Well that didn't last too long" I got right back on them.
    Sweat it out, and drink continuously. I'm going through the same thing with Sub's right now but this time I want off, and free, and the people on here can help you, esp with encouragement. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Well here I am 144 hrs in....seems longer than that. I can't sleep been up 34 hrs straight. Too late to taper now. I was prescribed 60mg.Norco daily with 30mg kickers 6 am and 6pm......Hope I sleep soon maybe put down the phone my hubby says.....9 showers later nope still awake....
    just me

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Good morning, kdm....

You really should be feeling better, as I believe it's been about a week? Unfortunately, sleep is one of the last things to regulate. I used melatonin, a natural sleep aid, and I was able to get some rest.

Good job!

RoxieKitty is offline Junior Member

I totally feel for you, kdm. I'm in the same non-sleep mode as you but last night I did manage maybe 4-5 good hours of sleep. It's AWFUL when u don't sleep as u feel like you're head's in a cloud & just no energy or will or motivation to do anything...... But... It will eventually get better, try deep breathing exercises & a natural sleep aid that's non addicting. I bought an herbal insomnia from health food store & I don't know if that's what's working or that my body is just so exhausted that I finally managed some non- interrupted sleep. I am 10 days off Dilaudid & Tramadol today & although the last few days have been a literal Hell for me; I think the sleep has me on the mend. Also, I did start taking l-tyrosine & glutamine as suggested in the Thomas diet so that may have helped me too. Bottom line is that u just have to try to keep a positive, can-do attitude which I know can be VERY difficult when u feel so horrible but day by day it will get better. Be strong! I'll say a pray for u & God Bless

Natsunoyoru is offline New Member

When you restart to take any opiates, you should use the naltrexone, it blocks the endorphin receptor in the brain, so each time you take any opiate, one hour before, you take naltrexone. By doing this, your brain relearns back to the place, when you didn't take any opiate. It also works with alcohol, chocolate addiction, any addiction which has to do with the endorphin receptor in the brain. Nobody becomes an addict in one day. Your brain slowly learn it. Check out Dr. Waitsmann Clinic, or read Dr. Roy Eskapa's book called The Cure for Alcoholism. This book explains through Alcohol though, how the Naltrexone works and how your brain relearns not to be an addict or future craver. It explains how to fix your addiction in your brain, so you will not have to crave or fight to stay off in the future.

1dayat-atime is offline New Member

Ok this post really got to me. I'm a 55 year old mom, who's been addicted for the last 3 1/2 years. What slapped me in the face was when you said you became anti social, stopped bathing etc. So did I! I never made that connection until I read it, so you've helped me tremendously just by posting that. It's crazy what this stuff does to us. I am on day 4 of NO pills and am going through hell. I am so exhausted I feel like I've been beat up, hard. I'm scared because tomorrow I can walk into the drugstore and pick up my prescription and go right back on them. There's a little voice in my head that keeps urging me, telling me that I'll feel better if I just take one. Take the edge off. I try not to listen but I know I'm almost defenseless against it. The only reason I am 4 days clean is because I ran out. I am very very interested in how you are doing NurseG1231. I hope you can reply and let me know if you made it. I have to pray I don't go tomorrow and get more. But I'm so tired. I have no energy. I'm lying on my bed watching tv doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NurseG1231 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I need support to stop taking Hydrocodone. I really hope someone will reply. I am a 56 yr old woman that has been addicted for about 5 yrs. and I'm going to start to taper off tomarrow. I really need a support group because we don't have NA in our town. I have read the previous posts and noticed that they are not recent but hopefully I will hear from ya'll. I take 8-10 tabs of 10mg. Hydrocodone daily. The withdrawals CT are horrible. If I am not successful then I am going to check myself into a rehab so I can recieve meds. to relieve the withdrawals. When I get off these, I will never go back. They have ruined my life. I had a career and quit my job 2 yrs ago. I've worked all my life. 2 yrs. ago I became so antisocial. I never want to leave my house, I don't want to see anyone, I don't bath, I don't keep Dr's appts., I don't visit my family anymore, I have severe nightmares and panic attacks and depression. I pray that after I quit that my depression will go away and my motivation will return. I started abusing the Hydrocodone because of depression. I've tried all types of antidepressants but they did not help but even with my depression I could function before I became addicted. I use to go antiqueing, go on vacation with my husband and grandchildren, go to festivals, and took pride in my appearance up until 2 yrs ago when I fell apart. I do none of these things now because I have sit in the same spot on the couch every day for 2 yrs watching westerns. I feel like I've let my family down because I don't contribute anything anymore. Why would I wait until I was in my 50's to become addicted? I'm not the same person I was. I'm so sad and don't know if I will ever feel better. I'm afraid the chronic use of the Hydrocodone has damaged my brain. I will check back here tomarrow to update anyone that may be following this thread.

bmjk is offline New Member

Default Opiate Dependancy and Getting Clean

My sole advice as a 29 year old woman who came off codeine Cold Turkey is to believe in yourself!!
    Strength is Key,,.. Your mind has made you believe you Need them You don't! A doctor will prescribe you basically anything to get you out the door,. Where as its his/her duty of care as a practitioner to keep you away from these habit forming drugs!
    I personally didn't see how quickly I became dependant on them until I was hiding it from people, chemist shopping! Doctor shopping until I found one that was prescribing me x50 tablets with a repeat of x3 on top of Valium in which I wasn't taking unless I really had to due to chronic migraines!
    The reality is your body is forming one nasty habit that is extremely difficult to keep at bay,.,
    The withdrawal process is tiring it's painful it's mentally challenging!
    Step 1- acknowledging you have a problem that in itself is a great step!
    Step 2- as hard as it is every single tablet you have in your home flush them DO NOT throw them as they can be easily taken from the garbage!
    Step 3- Preperation
    Your about to go trough some hard ass times and when I tell you it's not fun not easy I mean it 110%!
    SUPPORT- Make sure someone knows what your going through as this being done at home can and is one of the hardest things an Opiate abuser will ever go through!
    Make sure you have natural remedies I am quite aware that everyone is different but in my eyes to go from one form of tablet to another is in fact creating a second problem for your body in which at this point you do not need to be doing to yourself!
    Hydralyte-Caffeine Free Herbal Tea(chamomile-lemon balm) Not the best tasting but will help with sleep!
    Fresh Fruit and Veg,,.. Keeping your nutrition up is a Must and does wonders for the melatonin reproduction in your body!
    Step 4- GET READY!!!
    Your about to endure some hard days number 3-4 being the worst:
    In some cases vomiting,dioreah,absolute crazy sweating,discomfort in your legs,abdominal cramping,restlessness, headaches(rebound) lethargic, Energy levels GONE!
    All of these symptoms in which can last a few days for me it was days 3-4-5 that sent me bonkers,...!!
    YOU CAN AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!
    Step 5- HELLO NO SLEEP
    Try to stay awake throughout the day keep yourself mobile I know very much easier said than done! This will more than likely leave your body drained come 6-7pm allowing you to drift to sleep you won't stay asleep but that hour or two is vital,. When you wake have a HOT shower turn your fan on and jump back into bed with calming music and or a book this will help you drift off again!
    Step 6- Day 6 No Tablets
    Your mind will be a little overwhelmed with all the changes and your body in complete disarray but it's crying and thanking you for the positive changes in which you've made!
    You'll start to get an appetite back gradually eat and bring back nourishment to your body and mind!
    I take my hat off to anyone who does this through sheer will power and determination because it's far from an easy task people who have not been through this will never uunderstand just how difficult it is and what exactly you are going through!
    I've made it to day 6 with no desire for the pills not would I ever put myself back into this situation!
    Life is so precious,. Family is important Energy to enjoy this is Key to a happy lifestyle!!
    Good Luck to yall!
    It's not been easy but it's doable and when you get to the other side you'll never look back TRUST ME!!!!

bmjk is offline New Member

Default Opiate Dependancy and Getting Clean

My sole advice as a 29 year old woman who came off codeine Cold Turkey is to believe in yourself!!
    Strength is Key,,.. Your mind has made you believe you Need them You don't! A doctor will prescribe you basically anything to get you out the door,. Where as its his/her duty of care as a practitioner to keep you away from these habit forming drugs!
    I personally didn't see how quickly I became dependant on them until I was hiding it from people, chemist shopping! Doctor shopping until I found one that was prescribing me x50 tablets with a repeat of x3 on top of Valium in which I wasn't taking unless I really had to due to chronic migraines!
    The reality is your body is forming one nasty habit that is extremely difficult to keep at bay,.,
    The withdrawal process is tiring it's painful it's mentally challenging!
    Step 1- acknowledging you have a problem that in itself is a great step!
    Step 2- as hard as it is every single tablet you have in your home flush them DO NOT throw them as they can be easily taken from the garbage!
    Step 3- Preperation
    Your about to go trough some hard ass times and when I tell you it's not fun not easy I mean it 110%!
    SUPPORT- Make sure someone knows what your going through as this being done at home can and is one of the hardest things an Opiate abuser will ever go through!
    Make sure you have natural remedies I am quite aware that everyone is different but in my eyes to go from one form of tablet to another is in fact creating a second problem for your body in which at this point you do not need to be doing to yourself!
    Hydralyte-Caffeine Free Herbal Tea(chamomile-lemon balm) Not the best tasting but will help with sleep!
    Fresh Fruit and Veg,,.. Keeping your nutrition up is a Must and does wonders for the melatonin reproduction in your body!
    Step 4- GET READY!!!
    Your about to endure some hard days number 3-4 being the worst:
    In some cases vomiting,dioreah,absolute crazy sweating,discomfort in your legs,abdominal cramping,restlessness, headaches(rebound) lethargic, Energy levels GONE!
    All of these symptoms in which can last a few days for me it was days 3-4-5 that sent me bonkers,...!!
    YOU CAN AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!
    Step 5- HELLO NO SLEEP
    Try to stay awake throughout the day keep yourself mobile I know very much easier said than done! This will more than likely leave your body drained come 6-7pm allowing you to drift to sleep you won't stay asleep but that hour or two is vital,. When you wake have a HOT shower turn your fan on and jump back into bed with calming music and or a book this will help you drift off again!
    Step 6- Day 6 No Tablets
    Your mind will be a little overwhelmed with all the changes and your body in complete disarray but it's crying and thanking you for the positive changes in which you've made!
    You'll start to get an appetite back gradually eat and bring back nourishment to your body and mind!
    I take my hat off to anyone who does this through sheer will power and determination because it's far from an easy task people who have not been through this will never uunderstand just how difficult it is and what exactly you are going through!
    I've made it to day 6 with no desire for the pills not would I ever put myself back into this situation!
    Life is so precious,. Family is important Energy to enjoy this is Key to a happy lifestyle!!
    Good Luck to yall!
    It's not been easy but it's doable and when you get to the other side you'll never look back TRUST ME!!!!
    Iluv2smile and Ming23 like this.

tmathena is offline New Member

Default suboxone is a trap..stay away

Quote Originally Posted by kyleag89 View Post
    hello everyone. I have been taking hydrocodone and oxycodone for a little over two years now. I take between 50 and 70mgs a day of oxy. It is ruining my life and i cannot hold a full time job! I need to detox asap and get my life back on track. Last week i tried detoxing, i tapered down to 1 10mg pill a day then didn't take any pills for 4 days. Well it was a living hell and i am now back on the pills. I seem to be experiencing the complete opposite detox symptoms of anyone else. I have searched here and on google for days and haven't had any luck.

My main problem while trying to detox is not having any energy. I have such a lack of energy that i can't even get out of bed to eat or shower! I have no problem sleeping, in fact thats all i can do is sleep. I seem to be awake for only 6-8 hours of the day. The entire time i am awake i feel like i was up all night drinking hard booze and have a severe hangover.

I am looking for some advice, has anyone else out there experienced similar conditions? When i take pills they give me unbelievable energy and don't make me groggy like most people. I feel like superman when i have a couple pills in me. I was looking into maybe trying 5 htp because i heard it may help boost my energy levels?? I am also trying to get a drug assessment from a local clinic in hopes of receiving suboxone or some other kind of help.
    please don't go to a suboxone clinic i have been on suboxone for almost 3 years now and it has took away my life i have no energy or desire to do anything.....i told turkey off off oxy's and roxy's and i was fine after a few days but i started back because they was always around my boyfriend got scripts for them , so i burnt all bridges with everybody i knew who did them and went to a suboxone clinic,,, worse mistake ever... They don't help they get you hooked on another drug that is even harder to come off of...i tried to detox my cold turkey and thought i was literally going to die...i have read it take at least 30 days to detox off af suboxone.... If i was you i would get myself into a detox center to help with your withdrawals while you are detoxing....i myself am waiting for an opening now because i w ill be there for a while... And hopefully when it is over i will have my life back....i strongly believe suboxone is a trap and will take your life away from you ...best of luck you

Mrsardizzione is offline New Member

Default Also new to page

I have read more than I ever wanted. I have 2 girls on herion and never thought a pill would control me. It did. But no more. For 4 years I eat 3 to 4 10milligram norco s. On days I need yard work done I have up to 5 a day. I have arthritis in bot knees i have it in my spine and i am nw 100pounds over weight. I am done. After running short on meds tis month and going to several overdose funerals for kids in our town on >>>>>> I am done with this decease eatting at me . i want free to evaluate my true pain and then mri to determine what needs done . i need a knee but insurance wont cover until I am 55. There has to be a better way. My legsre killing me rls my chest pains are scaring me and I have diareah and sweats. I assume I am a weenie but if my 1 girl can gt off herion I can do this also. But its hard harder than natural labor birth with an 11 lb baby at 14. Please keep me in prayers i am 48 hrs into no pills and I live in the jacuzzi as hot as I can take it. I am here for anyone just be there for me.
    Iluv2smile and Ming23 like this.

Toronto416 is offline New Member

I have to admit that I wasn't ready to get off these pills (OxyContin and Klonopin) but instead, up here our medical system is being watched very carefully and doctors have been given the squeeze big time as they're all being monitored by our government with threats to take away their license to practise/prescribe and in some cases even jail. Thanks to that, almost everyone has been forced into quitting. If you even think about trying to see someone else? Well, our electronic chart has taken care of that to label you as a drug seeker. I knew better than to ever see another doctor (the one I had since I was born retired in August; the one who has taken his patients just says 'Klonopin? Nope, we don't prescribe that anymore. Best I can do for ya is Wellbutrin'. I knew where this discussion was going. I quietly listened while saying 'screw you' with my eyes. I never went back.

Two days later I was faced with the reality that my prescriptions - my LIFELINES - were being taken away without any input from me. I was so angry that this new doctor said 'nope, can't help ya with pain or anxiety...get out' - he wasn't concerned about me the patient but about him the doctor. I now despise doctors. That night, anxiety and desperation sent me downtown looking for someone who could sell me something. Understand this was a very scary direction to go into. I hate dealers - I live downtown and see them all the time. I know how they operate and know what they're all about. If you think you're getting pain pills or Xanax or Klonopin guess again. They'll put OTC baby aspirin and sell it to you for $200. You have to be brutal with these people or you will most definitely get scammed. If it sounds like you're getting an incredible deal, you're getting ripped off. Good luck finding the person who just ran off with your money. Now not only are you entering withdrawal, but it's obvious that the last link out there - the streets - you're not going to find anything there either. All it took was getting ripped off to realize that.

Again, this sucks. Can't sleep, have NO interest in friends, going anywhere; I'm still furious at I'm not sure anymore: that I was forced to stop my prescriptions without including ME in that decision, or just how bad this got. I always promised myself three things and I've held onto them: no smoking, no drinking and no needles. I read the paper every morning and almost weekly I see how bad the >>>>>> and fentanyl problem/overdose has gotten. I know the users are just seeking cessation of pain - aren't we all? and I can't judge that. Nobody wakes up and desires to become powerless to a pill bottle and have it create a life with even less friends, relationship prospects and financial stability than the life before the prescriptions.

Thanks for reading.

DogOfWar is offline New Member

Default Endless mind numbing fatigue after WD...

I was on oxy and MS for over two years.
    At the end I was taking 280mg daily.
    I weaned off over two months using clonidine and muscle relaxers.
    The WDs were not so bad. But I started getting severe fatigue around the time I had reduced to 15mg daily.
    I've had this awful fatigue now for almost three months. I can't even walk a few hundred feet without stopping to rest!
    My heart races and I start to break into a sweat, like I've been running.
    I spent five days in the hospital getting checked for virtually everything. No problem found!
    Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Does anyone have a way to fix or cope with this?

Gettinoffit is offline New Member

Default Help!

Hi all. I'm from Scotland and you all appear American but I hope you don't mind me posting in on here! Ok in 1999 I went to a free rehab to cold turkey from six years use of methadone Valium and anything else I could inject on a daily basis. I got down from 130mls meth and 10x10mg Valium per day. (This was the prescribed dose, so the just keeping me from entering withdrawals dose ) I was also on zopiclone for sleeping but I would take these all at once every week so didn't really have a dependency on these. I ended up in hospital through major seizures and dehydration etc but I refused to take any drug they offered me as there was not another chance for me. It took me months to recover but I did.

2years ago 2014 I slipped a disc in my neck causing severe and constant pain. So so sad I had to wait over a year for all their tests and eventually an operation to remove the disc which was pressing on my main back nerve thing (sorry can't remember it's name I'm currently in day three withdrawals) I was on mst (slow release morphine, Valium, zopiclone, gabapentin and an ssri antidepressant for that year. Cannot even remember it! My poor family. The pain made me scream
    At times.
    I finally got my operation and thank God after three months was totally pai free. Post op was awful. I had to go on a ketamine drip as my tolerance was sky high. So I've tapered down with much trepidation at times to 10mg twice a day and three to five Valium a day.
    I got lofexadine from the doc at my request. It's a bit like your chlora-something but cleaner with the side effects (they say). I'm surprised how effective they are at dealing with the sweats and runny eyes etc. Legs still go mental at night. I have NO energy and I can barely do more than one small thing per day. Like. Bath. Then I'm done. Like I say. It's day 3. I have to return to work in three days. Should I taper off the lofexadine now as it's making me extra drowsy. Don't know what's worse. Sweats etc or zombie in bed state. It can't be much longer now. I'll still have to come off the Valium and zopiclone later but the morphine is first and for me the most horrendous. This is NOTHING compared to what I endured before. But I'm the manager of a responsible job now with two kids and a husband so I need this to hurry up. It rains here constantly and is very dark all the time which does not make me want to go out. I sat on a chair in the rain today just to try to get fresh air. Arghh. Hurry up. What to do for energy guys??
    Ming23 likes this.

Gettinoffit is offline New Member

I know what you mean. Best to just completely stop as you will only prolong the agony. Energy drinks and B vits. You'll need a week or so in bed.
    Ming23 likes this.

jrdoodles is offline New Member

I understand that the majority of posts on this thread are old. I do hope everyone has found the help and answers they need. I would like to share my taper story that I'm currently going through. I am not allowed to stop cold turkey and my previous doctor tried to force me to do drug replacement therapy. I was absolutely appalled by the thought of being forcibly hooked on another drug (I didn't even know I was physically dependent on norco). Anyway, after several days of pushing and fighting and telling doctors my story I finally found some who agreed to allow me to try tapering. Again, I can't just stop cold turkey, I'm pregnant (10+ weeks, healthy baby thus far). I did not know my pain and nausea and food sensitivities were caused by the opiate or I'd have said FTS many moons ago. (I've been on it, taking as prescribed for a little over a year). Tuesday, I had one dose of 2 10/325. I had the goosebumps but felt like I was a jar of icy hot. It was like I was hot and cold simultaneously, not flashing back and forth. Wednesday I had none, was depressed, and had a massive nervous breakdown because of the fighting with my doctor (who was treating me like I was less than a pile of dog poo) and because his solution was to take me away from my support system, my business, and my personal therapies (my horse, music, photography, my family, etc.for a minimum of a month). Anyway, I was fortunate to not be able to do what that doctor told me I had no other choice but to do, even though it was "voluntary" and went against everything I believed in. So I ended up in the ER. I simply didn't know what else to do or where to go. Fortunately I found a couple doctors there that worked in conjunction to tell me there were other ways. I was able to fire that doctor and find one that treats me like a person and listens to me, educates me, and supports me. ANYWAY, since the first day without the norco, I had no pain, after leaving the ER, I felt so amazing (just because there was someone who took the time to listen to me). I really didn't feel like I was having any withdrawal symptoms either, but I wasn't allowed to go cold turkey so I took one. That night I only slept about 4 hours but woke up wide awake with a clear mind. After another massively emotional day (trying to find the right new doctor and going over the story of the other doctor with the ones I'd been speaking to), I still really didn't have many "symptoms" I couldn't ignore by refocusing my mind. Mostly it was being chilled, but it's really cold here and my truck had a heater malfunction and my feet were freezing. I had taken one at roughly 10:30am, not because I had symptoms, but because they told me to take them as prescribed (which were 3 per day rather than previous 6 per day). Anyway, I did feel kind of shaky and "off", so I took a second one at 10pm. Yesterday, I woke up tired, but had only gotten minimal sleep and had to go to see another doctor. I had to take a glucose test, and tested high, so the only "symptoms" i experienced yesterday were ones that I feel when my diet has been >>>> and I have a mild sugar crash. The doctor told me it was ok to try one pill, cut in half daily, rather than the one pill 3 x daily, since they felt I was doing well with the sudden, massive taper. The only pill I had yesterday was a half a pill at dinner time. Yesterday I had so much energy. Today as well. I feel like my old self again. Energized (out of shape, but energized). I have no brain fog, no pain still, and nothing out of the ordinary. So my schedule was 14 months of 4-6 10/325 norco daily, day 1 I took 2 10/325, day 2 I took 1 10/325 (36 hours after dose of 2), day 3 I took 2 10/325, 12 hours apart, day 4 I took 1/2 of a 10/325, 21 hours after last dose of 10/325. I'm keeping a journal that says what time I took the pill, what dose, symptoms as they occur, how long they last, and food/drink intake. I'm slightly stressed that the worst is yet to come, but I'm also encouraged by the success I have been having. I think truly, mentally taking control has helped. Had I known the norco was the cause of my continuing pain, It'd have been thrown down the drain a year ago. So, hopefully the baby is doing well also and is not feeling the brunt of the detox, regardless of how mild it seems to me thus far.

L330 is offline New Member

Some one I know was put on subs for a about the same thing I told him 1 mg of sub is equal to about 30 hydrocodone I googled it a usual sub strip is 8 mg so 8x30 equals 240 mg hydros equivalent in one 8 mg strip! Bravo you told them not to get put on sub my friend looked it up go so angry he quit sub cold turkey and is in dire straits but he's been strong lets hope he makes it he's suffering been off subs for about 6 days now he's was thinking about going on subs again I told him have a norco or two to ease the pain and taper off it sorry for the big post I just wanted to SING your praises for saying don't let them put you on suboxone

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shawn156 View Post
    I slept a lot.That was really all I could do. Working only 2 days a week helps.I've been clean nearly 60 days and things are pretty normal now. It's never easy.but we will all have some sort of lingering affect until we are 100% clean and through the entire WD cycle.
    Yep... 60 days is enough to be considered outvthe woods. Happened to me. Im 10 months in clean. I didnt bother with vitamins or anything really. I just ate my typical food. The key fir me was TIME. You just HAVE to give it time. It does get better. As for energy.... i was zapped for the first month. It came back after 30 days. Now im actually getting buff, been working out my upper body and seeing great results.

Anony1964 is offline New Member

Default Self detox works , my experience

Quote Originally Posted by L330 View Post
    Some one I know was put on subs for a about the same thing I told him 1 mg of sub is equal to about 30 hydrocodone I googled it a usual sub strip is 8 mg so 8x30 equals 240 mg hydros equivalent in one 8 mg strip! Bravo you told them not to get put on sub my friend looked it up go so angry he quit sub cold turkey and is in dire straits but he's been strong lets hope he makes it he's suffering been off subs for about 6 days now he's was thinking about going on subs again I told him have a norco or two to ease the pain and taper off it sorry for the big post I just wanted to SING your praises for saying don't let them put you on suboxone
    Hello all,
    I figured it's time to share my experience. I've been on methadone 4x10mg 4x daily plus up to 14 30mg oxycodones daily for break through pain. Yep it's alot of meds.. I recently received an MRI reflecting that my disc has disintegrated that had been causing the excruciating pain for 8 years. I had to know if I was functional without medication anymore. So on 6 Feb 16 I completely stopped taking methadone and only took the oxy 30mg 1x4daily. I did that for two weeks then cut it in half for two more weeks. 1mar 16 was the last time I took any opiates. After 3 days without sleep I took gabapentin and ambien (small doses) to combat RLS and lack of sleep. I took it for 5 days. Now I take nothing but immodium because of the role reversal my digestive system is now playing. My energy is rebounding although still lower than normal. I just wanted there to be a recent post reflecting that if your pain management folks support you it's possible to go this alone and make it. Im a former soldier who was injured serving this country. I don't blame anyone for this but I would caution anyone considering using opiates either as prescribed meds or illicitly you will eventually have to face some very hard choices if you want your life back. For the first time in over 8 years I've picked up my guitar again and I'm extremely happy, lucid and luckily pain free because my vertebrae have healed themselves. We don't know where the pain ends and the meds are unneeded unless you stop taking them. I am not saying this is the path for everyone but I promise we can all survive this pill mill if we really want to. Don't convince yourself that the pain is there just being covered by the meds, doctors are not the only source of truth. Your body can will tell you what you can endure. Happy healthy and 100% med free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast