Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Please i need help with my Noroco additction.
    topfrog is offline Junior Member

Default Please i need help with my Noroco additction.

Hi guys,
    Brand new here, which as you guys might be able to guess i am addicted to norcos and Vicodin.
    I have been for the last 4 years, i did not have a good reason to start taking them. No surgery no back pain, i just liked the way they made me feel, i am 23 years old and i have hit my rock bottom. i normal take 15 norcos Monday through Friday and i can take as much as 20 a day on the weekend, i take 3 at a time through the day.
    i can buy them from people, i know i am gonna have to cut ties with those people but i wanted to give you guys a little insight on my addiction.
    My girlfriend of many years has broke up with me on Tuesday due to me being addicted to pills,
    she always told me i had to quit but i snapped at her or pushed her away,(im crying just writing this sentence)
    i feel like i totally let her down and killed our love.
    which has brought me a state of realization, i never wanted to quit taking these pills till now.
    i need to get clean. I HAVE TO GET CLEAN, I am afraid because i have a job that i love and need,
    a house that i have to pay for.
    today is Sunday and its 3:00pm and i have taken 2 and half pills so far.
    i am going to detox one way or another starting today,
    any help will be very much appreciated.
    what can i do for the withdraw, my mental state, my physical state
    also i feel so ashamed to tell my family and i most likely will try not too.
    any support from anybody with a similar problem i would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading my story,

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey, welcome to the boards. You are taking an enormous amount of vicodin/norco. I was taking 10-12 a day and I'm a lot older than you are, so I know you can do this. You can do three things: you can c/t. And I won't kid you about doing that, it's going to take at least 5-7 days before you start going up hill. Honestly, there is no painless way to do this.
    1. you can try to taper, but most of us addicts can't do this.
    2. c/t and like I said, I would expect 5-7 days to be the worst: but you must be committed to that.
    3. Suboxone, the last resort and I don't like to see people resort to subs from hydro/norco, as subs are much stronger than the hydro. If you do think about doing that, which I really don't recommend because that is quite a process and you really have to follow the taper plan that is recommended here. I would suggest you go to the sub forum if you decide that this is that way out for you and check Lincolnecho's thread on the sub board if you are considering this option.

I'm guessing that you are simply maintaining by now just feel normal. If c/t is your only option you are going to have the "flu" for awhile. There is no way but through this. There are comfort supplements that you can take. See the Thomas Recipe and add:

Gatorade (hydration and RLS)
    Water and Pure fruit juices
    Immodium is going to be your best friend.
    Hyland's Restful Leg
    Potassium
    B-12, B-6 and L-tyrosine
    A good multi-vitamin, magnesium
    Ginger-ale (though you should stay away from sugar)
    Exercise
    NO ENERGY DRINKS

I will not sugar coat this: this is going to be the hardest thing you ever do and the most important. You surely do not want to wake up as an addict at my age if you live that long. If ever there was a time to kick it is NOW. It is not uncommon that relationships are ruined over addiction. and you are an addict. Being an addict is going to have long term ramifications that I won't go into now. But this is doable. Can you take one week of the flu? Your mind is going to play all kinds of games, so I am going to definitely suggest that you seek help in NA. I know people go all itchy on that one, but having help is going to be your lifeline.
    YOU CAN DO THIS.

Peace,

Iloerose

thank you for the reply and your honesty,
    i will not take subox, never have or will.
    il be honest with you i take 3 at time and i get warm and fuzzy but as you know if i dont the wd symptoms set in,
    i have tried to quit one time before but i didnt want to, this time i really want to,
    i feel like the tapper will help me with work as my plan was not to just go ct from 15.
    yesterday i took 6 and was ok. today i took 5 and feeling ok,
    i really really want to quit,
    not only for my lost girlfriend but for my self,
    and i would like to try and avoid NA

Topfrog Good for you for realizing you have a addiction and want to quit it. I just read what you wrote on damins thread and am thrilled that you found her thread and she inspired you to get clean. I would say since you have been reducing one vic a day to keep doing that till your at 1 pill. then i hope when its time for day 0 your gonna be strong enough. We are all here for you and if you need more advice or help along the way just ask. I also just googling the thomas recipe, get the ingredients and when your making the jump or use the stuff he suggests. Get clean and then you will resort everything out with your girlfriend.
    Michele

New Better is offline Member

Topfrog,

Your story is very familiar to me, all the advice you are getting here is good advice, heed it. I also tapered the only thing that I may add is, while tapering, commit your self to your plan, don't back track. Stick to the plan. Best wishes to you.

-Chris

jessabellc is offline New Member

Default na

U r far from rock bottom. hope u really do wanna get clean for u. y would u avoid NA? if ur seeking support here y npt go get some in person. u don't havr to start workin steps or anything
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-30-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: add detail

Anonymous Guest

Hey frog, This sounds eerily similar to my me, age, job, letting people down losing friends/gf, not wanting to tell anyone and not wanting to go to NA or AA. Most importantly the similarity I see is that you WANT TO QUIT. I can tell, you REALLY want to quit, you have tried in the past but you and I both know that you didnt want it. This is EXACTLY how I was. You're mind is right there, you know what you have to do and you are going to do it. I commend your taper, I tried that too but I am gobbler (thanks to whoever coined themself that lol) and my nose has the suction force of a Dyson Ball vacuum. A taper can be very beneficial if it is done right and for the right amount of time. This takes weeks and months to do it successfully. But continue doing what you are doing, it may not help with the physical withdrawals (sorry, just being honest, i hope im wrong), but you are already training and controlling your mind to be able to take less and less each day. THIS IS VERY GOOD!! You have already completed the first step, which may not be the hardest, but the toughest to overcome: admitting, accepting, and changing. You are on your way my man. If I can do it, ANYONE can. That sounds so cliche but my addiction in it worst, I was taking 5 of those at a time, 2 or 3 times a day, or railing 3-4 30s a day. 6am wake up call i had my doses laid out. There was no stopping me! I had no desire to quit, I didn't care about anything but pills. I could have 30 tabs left and I was already thinking ahead about getting more. I have a decent job for my age, decent money, and I was spending every last dollar on drugs, maybe $500-1000 a week. I was that dude who would pay anything for anything and the dealers knew it. Sad sad sad man. It is no way to live and you know this.

The above advice is spot on so no need to rehash on the Thomas recipe etc. Also, i quit in s very unconventional way, risky, not recommended. I took subs for 1 week to get through the withdrawals, I'm lucky, you might even call me the exception to the rule, but whatever. Sometimes I feel that I cheated my way through, not experiencing any withdrawals or any physical pain. I deserved it, but my plan seemed to work. And I'm gad it did. Whatever you do, formulate a plan in your head and stick to it. That is key. I also did not want to tell my parents or friends about it either, but I did, and Im glad I did. I needed to explain myself for the person I was the last year or two and i felt a lot better and the support I gained from doing so is why I am 15 days clean. I totally understand if you keep this a secret, not everyone is the same and not everyone's parent and friends are the same. Start thinking about yourself and do this for you, and everything else will fall back into place.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the ramble! I noticed you posted on my old thread, I have a new one on the Need to Talk forum if you want to give it a read. Post here as much as you can it helps and there are a lot of people who will help you along the way.

Wish you the best and talk to you soon I hope,

J, aka JohnDoses, aka Junkyard Dawg, lol
    iloerose likes this.

Sundwn is offline Member

Ok......found you TF.....nothing I can say that hasn't been said above. Iloerose is dead on. She has been here for some time. Heed her posts, for sure. OK buddy, your on the recovery train. I will say this. Weaning is a tough ride in and of itself. I couldn't do it. Not successfully. But we ALL understand it. Job, kids, lots of reasons that to CT this beast doesn't seem possible. We get it. Weaning is sometimes referred to as " recovery by a 1000 paper cuts". Pretty self- explanatory. Nevertheless ,you might be one of those who can. YOU have all the support this forum can bring. Good luck, go easy, we are ALL behind you.......SD
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I want to second something that JD puts in his post about tapering. You are tapering really fast: 15 to 6 to 5. Vicodin/norco does have a half life and you may not feel the w/d right away from that large of a jump. What is important to remember is that basically when people taper they taper by around 1 pill or so every 4 days or so, or you can do this at .25% every 4-5 days, giving your body enough time to adjust to the drops. However, if you are avoiding w/d symptoms, try your way, but if you start getting into trouble, don't just go and up your dose back to 15, go back to 6 and stabilize there if you can. You ARE doing this. I'm not saying your way won't work, because everyone is different. This is simply a bit of a warning that going so fast might NOT work as well as you would like. I could never taper: gobbler is right. If I had it I took it, but only hydro, nothing else.
    Still and all use the comfort meds posted and treat your symptoms. Believe me, you will get through this. JUST HANG TOUGH. What is a few days when you are looking at the rest of your life!

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

Anonymous Guest

I agree with rose. I don't think the taper you are doing is going to do much, except maybe prolong the withdrawal process. Once you get down to a few a day, you will start feeling bad and will continue to feel bd for as long as you are taking a small amount. Your body is used to a larger amount, which is why the taper takes weeks or months. As rose said, you generally want to make a drop every couple days by a little amount so as to not alarm your body of a big change but keep it satisfied at the same time. There is a fine line when your body is used to a certain amount and making a drastic change will not please your brain. I am not trying to sound mean or put you down in any way, I m just trying to educate you on what you are going through with what I know. Everyone is different, maybe this way will work for you, I hope it does, it is the end result you are after, remember that. Do whatever you have to do to get to that end result. If you cold turkey TODAY, I'd say by Friday you will start feeling a LITTLE better each day. If you taper for the rest of the week you might start feeling bad during the taper and then a week after you hit 0 pills. This is just my opinion. Do what you gotta do man and keep your eye on the prize. I promise you that prize is worthwhile. I am only 16 days clean and the differences I am seeing with myself are exponential.

Keep posting my man, it will help with the mental side of things like you wouldnt believe. Hope to hear from you soon, stay strong.

J

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Topfrog,

You've gotten a lot of insight and sound advice here. I don't have much to add except please turn that one little sentence that you wrote AROUND both in your thinking and otherwise: I want to see you write and KNOW that you are doing this FOR YOU and your girlfriend. I usually only share the things that help me but the one thing I am certain of is that as an addict, I was able to get clean for a reason or a person or guilt but I was never able to stay clean for those reasons. Not until I did it FOR me, on my terms. That was over 4 yrs ago after 20 yrs of a huge habit of any opiate I could find.

Peace,

Cat

Iberose--I hope no one gets "itchy" about suggesting AA/NA. It's a valuable resource imperative for most and proven to provide the greatest chance of success. Some folks (no naming people, that's not nice ) just may not think meetings are "for them" and hopefully they will be the exception. As I mentioned above, I only got it right when I wanted to be clean for me on my terms after I stopped "keep doing what I was doing and expecting different results". I thank Ruth for the gem. How true that is.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-30-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Cat: I'm not going to get "itchy" about the NA thing. It is a choice. I do strongly believe that having a group of people you can call and rely on f2f is essential, particularly during the danger zone when you start feeling really strong and all's good and our heads start telling us: one little ol' pill is not going to make one bit of difference. I just remember mottam's story about walking by his favorite bar and KNOWING he could score in that bar and immediately telephoning someone from his NA group and not one, but three people showed up. Man, that is how we screw up time and time again: 1 is too many and 1000 are not enough. Alexnt talks about knowing that that one pill is just waiting around the corner. And then being newly clean, the scary thing is what do you do with yourself? You are used to being isolated by the drugs and NA gets you into an environment of people who share your worries and your fears. I mean, some people don't even KNOW any clean friends. I am seeing many young people who I know on fb and were my son's friends doing AA/NA. This is MY opinion only.

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

hey every body,
    thank you all for the support and advice.
    i told my self i would be 100% on here

Quote Originally Posted by topfrog View Post
    hey every body,
    thank you all for the support and advice.
    i told my self i would be 100% on here
    today is day 3 and i have had 2 and half pills today at 8am.
    my day was not bad at all had i crummy 45 mins of wd type symptoms but it passed
    its about 7pm and i have about 20-30 pills in my lock box but i do not want to take any,
    feeling a lil tired and a slight sore back but nothing omg i cant handle this

thanks guys for the help and advice i read each one carefully and took in what i could.
    you guys rock
    sorry but i cant seem to post on here due to some inter

*internal server error* finally got one post out!

Anonymous Guest

Good to hear! This just proves that everyone is different. There are plenty of people that would be struggling in your situation with the taper and plenty who can't taper to begin with. Keep it up.

i felt like i had to update,
    i just had my real first sign of wd, needless to say i went right out to the store and bought magnesium,ensure supplement drinks, zzzquil and saint johns wort.
    With a little kaopectate to wash it all down,
    but strangely enough the physical part of this right now is so small that im afraid all hell is going to break lose on my hind tomorrow, anybody experience this?
    since im doing this under the work radar my plan is to make til Thursday night and just stop,
    still going strong with only 2 and half today!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-30-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Ilerose (keeping spelling that wrong. Sorry. ) My last note to you on this thread was intended to support your belief and success with NA. I had read your post thinking there may be others sighing again at the mention of it. That's all. I appreciate the value of NA and entirely agree it is essential for the masses. Not disagreeing...honest!

Peace,

Cat
    iloerose likes this.

Oh, no Cat, I didn't take you wrong or mean to argue. LOL Sometimes words don't express exactly how we're feeling and get tangled up. I kinda went off on a tangent and basically just put down my thoughts. I am on the same page you are.

(sorry topfrog for doing this on your thread)

Peace,

Iloerose

Topfrog: You may or may not get into worse w/d than you already have. You jumped down pretty fast. Your plan is a good one. Since you already getting some of the drug out of your system, jumping Thurs. is a good plan. I'm sorry you are having issues: treat your symptoms as best you can! STAY STRONG: you can do this.

Peace,

Iloerose

dholmes54 is offline New Member

I am a 60 y/o male former Paramedic.I had to quit due to a back injury.I started taking Hydrocodone 2.5 yrs ago & my dr quit giving them to me because I was taking 4.5 a day instead of 3,here in Ky its a big deal about hydro addiction with the Kasper watching Drs .Topfrog I wish you the best!! Im in my 35 th hour without them I hope you make it.

Anonymous Guest

Hey holmes, good to see another Ky native on here! They sure are cracking down on hydros but boy are they easy to get illegally...must be the Florida pipeline.

Wish you the best.

Thanks Iloerose and dholmes,

*update
    day 4 of my extreme taper.
    last night i didn't not sleep well.
    no physical pain or rls but just couldn't stay asleep for more than 45 mins at a time and a little upset stomach.
    which i bet was due to me only taking 2 and half yesterday morning and skipping the night dose,
    i can deal with that no problem.
    today on my way into work i brought 2 and half 10mg with me.
    i took 2 and threw the half out the window doing about 80 mph.(see ya)
    got off early and hit my bed to relax and just rest,
    no pills for me tonight.

i have 4 Xanax footballs???
    should i tough this out with out them or use them?
    Thomas recipe says to use them but at last choice.

Anonymous Guest

If you can tough it out and not use any the would be ideal. However, sleep is just as crucial as anything else in this process and I don't know about you, but if i dont get my sleep, I usually don't have a good day. If you know what you are not completely naive with benzos and know how much to take, I don't see a problem with using it for a few days if totally necessary. However, don't become dependent and don't over do it.

Let us know what you decide and how everything goes!

If you keep it the 4. How many mg. are they? Maybe you can break them in half and use as needed. Yes Thomas does call for a benzo for the first few days. I generally don't recommend the use because they are so addicting. However, as was mentioned you do need to get some sleep, just be cautious. Take a good long walk before bed and a hot shower. The two things to come back last are sleep and energy. If you have to have something for energy: stay away from energy drinks, instead try L-tyrosine with B-6. HANG TOUGH.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

Keep up the good work Frog! I was also taking 15-20/day, and I quit "cold turkey" but was in a treatment center with medical supervision. I was also on a high amount of benzos (klonopin). I will say since you are an addict, I would strongly advise you not to take any benzos as you are prone to addiction no matter the substance. Melatonin worked for me for the 15 days I was in treatment. I have since quit taking it though. Sleep returned for me after those 2 weeks. Exercise is key in getting your brain to produce those chemicals needed for mood stabilization and sleep. If you only walk for 15 minutes, it helps. With the current heat wave, breaking a sweat shouldn't be too hard. Keep fighting and keep coming back. We are all here to help. Take Care.
    iloerose likes this.
    Clean as of 5.29.2014

"Do you have another day 1 in you?"

Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the support. Iam not sure on taking the Xanax. Not because I'm afraid of them but I have no drive to take any type of pill. I bought vitamins (60$) they are expensive I must say. But every time I go to take one I gag.
    End of day 4 only 2 10mg this morning. It's crazy to think 7 days ago I would have taken 15!
    Spirits are high still!
    Going to get some sleep and bust out another work day
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Topfrog,just think how much better your liver is going to be,with you taking that many pills when you get old like me your liver might give out.Im in 48 th hour without them,not feeling too bad,just have a headache and my skin is burning,no sweats or back door trots.

Thx Johndoses,Also TopFrog,you will have alot more $$$ in your pocket when you beat the addiction!!! My problem was only 11.00$ a month,yours has to be $$$$,not judging you,but you will be rich afterwards!!!!

Keep on keeping on Topfrog, you're doing great and you're sounding better. I hope you are feeling some better.

DH: I've posted some additions to the Thomas Recipe that may help some. You sound like you are doing well. Keep going!

Peace,

Iloerose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast