Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hardtime2
Please please help with advice on how to get off Suboxone.
    meeshwii is offline New Member

Unhappy Please please help with advice on how to get off Suboxone.

This is my first post, so I'm not sure I've posted this in the wrong place, I used the search and couldn't find other threads that were close to my situation but I apologize if this is redundant

I started suboxone maintenance at 19. I was on the program for 18 months, and one morning woke up and decided I was DONE relying on this med. I made a rash decision and tapered off in a months time (from 8mg daily, to nothing), which was a rather fast taper and needless to say I went through terrible withdrawals.

During the time I was on subs, my teeth began to break and crumble. IMO this was directly related to suboxone, because it stopped as soon as I got off of suboxone. I used every dry mouth product I could to combat it, but my teeth still decayed. Prior to maintenance I never had a single CAVITY, let alone broken teeth.

Anyways, I ended up relapsing on my DOC after 2 months clean...that lasted 7 months, I ended up back on suboxone maintenance as a last resort. I've been on it for 4 months now, at 8mg a day (1/2 am and 1/2 pm) and my teeth are falling out again. I HAVE to get off of this medication. My doctor is a believer in "life long" suboxone maintenance. After researching this drug extensively I am completely anti-suboxone for long term use. I feel very lied to and upset, and I doubt my doctor will support me in wanting to taper.

Has ANYONE had any luck with getting off of this drug and staying clean? Also with detoxing off and having bearable withdrawals? Please help with any advice.

Again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

You are in the right place! You will find a lot of support here and a lot of people with experience tapering etc. I have to run out the door at the moment, but will write more later. Just wanted to say hello and let you know more people get on later on in the evening after work. Hang on and hang in....lots of help to be found here

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

Meant to say, I'm currently tapering and on .75mg of suboxone. Catch up with you soon!

Blackdawn06 is offline New Member

I just made a thread in regards to something similar. Im not sure how subs and morphine (my doc) compare but the taper method that i used made the wd process bearable enough that i only needed one sick day. Im 32 hours in now and i feel very mild anxiety. No RLS (what i feel is the worst part of WDs) No lethargy. I have a good appetitite and i can enjoy the company of others. Its only 32 hours in but every hour that passes i feel better and better as opposed to how it would feel going CT.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-17-2015 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Typo

hardtime2 is offline New Member

I was on subs for a short time to kick years of hydro abuse. The dr started me with 2mg a day 4 times a day and I only did 2mg a day 2 times a day then 2mg a day 1 time a day then 1mg 1 time a day. Them off. It did suck for about 2 weeks bug it will get better. I was on subs for 8 months and the dr wanted me on them for 2 years . I don't trust Dr's but hey I don't trust anyone. Lol. The first week and a half no sleep at all and legs drove me nuts!! But just keep pushing. I have 4 kids and run a business so I couldn't just lay up. I had no support from my family I kept my addiction hidden. And just played like I was sick. I ate like a wild man and drank around 2 gallons or more of water a day. Don't take sleep aids because they just made my legs worse and that was worse part. After the wd's the mental kicked in and I felt sorry for myself and thought about kill n myself numerous times. But I just kept think n bout my family didn't deserve it and told myself to suck it up and push forward. It is hard but can be done I promise
    itsover likes this.

Jkdimsdale is offline New Member

I'd suggest you find another dr. One who does believe and has experience in tapering. It's way too dangerous to do that without medical supervision. Not all drs are in it for the right reasons to hel