please tell me PAWS goes away SOMEDAY
    purplesrain is offline New Member

Default please tell me PAWS goes away SOMEDAY

Pretty well through the physical symptoms. It is the PAWS that is killing me. Please tell me that someday I won't have it. Does it go away? If so, how long does take to subside even the slightest. My brain is 24/7 thinking of my opiates. It's like I lost a friend. Nothing I do to try to take my mind off them is helping. I can't tolerate outdoor activities cause of lupus, so that's out.....i just want some hope that PAWS gets better. So I can tell myself that, at the very least. I don't want to ever have to go on methadone or Suboxone like some ppl have to curb the cravings. I want off 100%. And if it doesn't go away, how do I deal with. I had treatment resistant depression before I got hooked. No antidepressants will ever help.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome,

Can you share a bit of your history? What were you using, how much and for how long? When did you quit? Cravings are not PAWS. They just are what they are and they do subside but it takes a little while. Keeping yourself busy will help. I promise it will. Do you work? Can you go to a gym so that you're not outside. Physical activity and keeping your mind busy will help tremendously. Get some reading done.

Answer the questions I have asked and I can give you an idea of what to expect.

Peace,

Cat

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by purplesrain View Post
    Pretty well through the physical symptoms. It is the PAWS that is killing me. Please tell me that someday I won't have it. Does it go away? If so, how long does take to subside even the slightest. My brain is 24/7 thinking of my opiates. It's like I lost a friend. Nothing I do to try to take my mind off them is helping. I can't tolerate outdoor activities cause of lupus, so that's out.....i just want some hope that PAWS gets better. So I can tell myself that, at the very least. I don't want to ever have to go on methadone or Suboxone like some ppl have to curb the cravings. I want off 100%. And if it doesn't go away, how do I deal with. I had treatment resistant depression before I got hooked. No antidepressants will ever help.
    It goes away. Plain and simple. You just got to give it about 3 nonths.