Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sohighSOLOW
plzz god help me
    pjcubb01 is offline New Member

Default plzz god help me

I dunno what to do..I feel like giving up..I been on pills for 2 yrs now and I can't stop and if I tried I get very bad WD...I take anything I can get my hands on..hydro's and perks ...I'm a father of two and have a awesome wife but could never tell her what's going on...she isn't stupid I think she is figuring out something is up...I lie..never stay home..and burn up money we don't have...I'm having sum pretty bad thoughts hear lately and I feel like I'm about to lose it..plzz someone help me...I want my life back and be normal again

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Welcome..
    What do you want to do?

If you stop cold turkey you will have withdrawals..
    There is no way around it ..
    But through it..
    We have walked many people through them ..
    Giving them support.
    Now they are helping others here too..
    You have to make a decision to stop..
    You will go through 3-5 days of the flu..
    Withdrawals from pills are over usually within a week..

Check out the thomas receipe on here for some suggestions..
    I can't paste it here but it is on this forum..

You can just have the flu for a few days..
    But you have to be willing to deal with some pain..
    You might as well do it now..
    It never gets better.
    It never gets easier..
    You can read 100s of threads on here..

Before Getting clean.
    Life was very predictable.
    Get the pills
    Take the pills
    Count the pills
    Worry about the pills....
    It never ends or changes..

Freedom from addictive addiction is not easy but ..... it is the best decision you will ever make..
    Please make a decision
    Then
    Stick to it!
    Keep posting..
    You can do it..
    It gets better everyday. After the 3rd or 4 th day..
    I will check back in the am
    Take care
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-24-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Iwant2help is offline Junior Member

When I finally decided I had had enough the first thing I did was tell my wife what was going on and what I was about to go through.I didn't know if she would stay or leave but I knew there was no way to hide it from her once my wd's were peaking.Besides most of the time we don't tell anyone we're an addict and want to quit is because we don't want to hear any lectures or be held accountable "just in case".You will need your wife to lean on sometimes and talk to.
    Quitting is a mind game.Dint let your body tell your mind what to do

sohighSOLOW is offline Banned

Im in the same boat as you brother. I have an 18 month old. But i am in day three of cold turkey detox. It sucks but i believe it is possible. I mean im at work typing this. Think of you little ones when you crave. You have to be mentally ready. I was so scared going into day one then day two. But even though i barely slept ladt night i sat in bed and said this isnt that bad. There will be life after this week of hell. Sure i have no energy but grab some stuff off the thomas receipe. I got it all except the benzos. They always made me feel like a zombie. I hope i can continue ti get through this and i hope u jump in. Our little ones deserve a dad that isnt wasting money chasing pills ....waiting for calls...leaving to score. Yes im scared for today and tomorrow but it has to end.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

And i saw a post on this forum but nobody since has mentioned it. Loperamide hcl. Its for the runs. But from what i read in larege doeses it blocks the opiate receptors in the body. Im not sure if its true or its a placebo with mind over matter but it is working for me thus far. I take 16mg twice a day plus the supplements off thomas receipe.

Dante239777 is offline Banned

Im also on day 3 cold turkey after 200mg done for a year. God bless you brother stay atrong and think of your kids. May the Lord help us all. Amín

Dante how u doing man? I have some serious chill sweats no energy but im up out of bed and at work. I think we can do this. What symptoms do u have?

justbeingme is offline Member

Speaking as the (temp.) by product of an addict the worst thing ever to me was the lies and excuses. so many times forgot what the actual Iie was about but could not understand why someone can tell you they love you and lie and to do something irresponsible aid intentionally hurt that person

Iwant2help is offline Junior Member

Guilt and shame make people do things that are out of character.The longer you go without talking with your wife the more chance you have of her finding out for herself then trust issues will be far worse.You need help and she is your number one to turn to.Good luck brother

#1 its going to be okay.

I just went through this same thing a few months ago. No one in my family or life knew I was addicted to the most powerful prescription pain meds there are for 4 years... but they suspected I was hiding something. No one wanted to talk about it. I couldnt tell them because I was ashamed and thought it would break their heart and everyone would think I was a terrible person. But I ran out of money and had a huge doctors bill I couldnt pay and I HAD to tell them. I pray it wont get to that point with you because thats even more shameful to deal with. I didnt even want to quit but I destroyed my life so I just HAD to.

And telling my family the truth was actually not as awful as I thought, because they love me. Yes it broke their heart for a few days, but we all just focussed on LETS JUST GET ME HELP SO I CAN GET BETTER. And a huge burden was lifted off me and Ive never felt so free in years.

I downplayed my addiction and the withdrawal so no one would worry about me as much. At first I told them I had the flu when I was in withdrawal for a few days. Then I relapsed for a few weeks and went through widthdrawal again and it was so bad I couldnt hide it. So I told the truth and it was actually fine. So either of those things would work. But the more people know the truth, the more they can help you.

In dealing with loved ones, I learned things go better when you put the focus on, "I'm quitting, I want to get better NO MATTER WHAT." That's easier for people to hear than "I'm an addict I dont know what to do!". Even if thats true, just tell everyone you need their help to get better.

Good luck to you and God bless. You can do it. Believe me, if I can... you can.

as90 is offline New Member

As cliche as it sounds admitting you have a problem and seeking help is the first step. the second is telling the truth to the people you love. My boyfriend is an addict and I will never forget the day he told me the truth about his addiction. It's been almost a year and we are still struggling with it but since he told me what was going on I've been doing my best to try and be there for him and help him. Tell your wife, don't make yourself fight the battle alone!

pjcubb01 is offline New Member

Man since I wrote my last post on the 24 I went 4 days without and I was doing so damn good but today I relapsed.. Man I feel like >>>> for doing it.. ..

willGETthroughTHIS is offline New Member

Stick with it man. Jump back on the wagon. I was posting under ....sohighsolow... but they kicked me off the forum for trying to help. I was six days and i fell off the wagon as well. For what? Thats truely how i feel....what was the point? Im back two days again. I take the relapse as a bumb in the road...a hiccup...didnt even enjoy the two days back on them. This has to stop.

willGETthroughTHIS is offline New Member

Keep posting man...i can help you and you can help me.