Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Pregnant and need of Suboxone fast please help
    Missy3682 is offline New Member

Default Pregnant and need of Suboxone fast please help

I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and failed my first drug test for subs. I really want to be done in the next 2 weeks. I don't have a script for subs and I am really embarrassed and ashamed with myself. This will be my 4 the child. I don't know how I got here. I feel like the worst mother and person. I have been tapering down but I am scared to admit all this to the Dr. She did tell me they will randomly give me another a drug test and if I fail DSS will get involved. My boyfriend has a script and have been taking them for about a year. I did quit once a year ago and got myself back in this predicament. I am currently making a 1/4 of a 8 mg pill last me about 3 day's. Today I took a sliver of a piece and feel fine. I want to be done in 14 days if possible. That gives me about 6 days before my next ob appointment. I don't know how to do this without feeling awful and sick. I have 3 kids ages 9-1. And can't be sick all day. Can anyone help me please

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missy3682 View Post
    I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and failed my first drug test for subs. I really want to be done in the next 2 weeks. I don't have a script for subs and I am really embarrassed and ashamed with myself. This will be my 4 the child. I don't know how I got here. I feel like the worst mother and person. I have been tapering down but I am scared to admit all this to the Dr. She did tell me they will randomly give me another a drug test and if I fail DSS will get involved. My boyfriend has a script and have been taking them for about a year. I did quit once a year ago and got myself back in this predicament. I am currently making a 1/4 of a 8 mg pill last me about 3 day's. Today I took a sliver of a piece and feel fine. I want to be done in 14 days if possible. That gives me about 6 days before my next ob appointment. I don't know how to do this without feeling awful and sick. I have 3 kids ages 9-1. And can't be sick all day. Can anyone help me please
    Hi and Welcome,

You've found a great place by landing here. I am assuming that you want me to be completely honest so here I go.

If you are taking a total of 1/4 of a 8mg sub over the course of three days, you're taking +/- .75 (that's 3/4) of a mg per day. For sub, that's still a significant amount. To taper correctly from that amount, it should take you 3 or 4 weeks. I know. You don't want to wait that long. If you weren't pregnant, I'll tell you to just go for it and although you'll be sick, you can get through it if you need to. Being pregnant complicates things. How long have you been taking this amount?

I'm sorry but I have more bad news for you. The half life of subs is very long. If your next appointment is in 6 days, even if you didn't take another crumb, you would still test positive for the sub, I've never used them but my son has. We bought some test kits online to test specifically for subs. He took the subs for 3 days in a row and stopped. It took nearly two weeks to test negative. I know he didn't take anything else during that time because I was with him 24/7.

This is too important. Please speak candidly with your doctor. I promise he/she has seen worse. Your doctor will get behind you because their goal is to keep both you and your baby healthy. A kick in your self esteem? Yep. But you'll feel better and it will be a lot less stressful to taper off those subs and in less than a month, this will be over.

Peace,

Cat

Thank u cat,
    My next appt is in is March 15th, I have about 3 weeks to get off. I am just debating stopping all together and dealing with the w/d or maybe try e/o day , I have been taking this amount for a couple weeks. I was taking a 2 mg and went down without feeling awful at all. I feel like the worst person I am very emotional today not cause any w/d symptoms just that I got myself into this mess. Thank u for replying cat I appreciate it. I just ordered some drug test to take at home.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missy3682 View Post
    Missy - I understand you are worried about passing that drug test but the health and wellbeing of that baby should be priority #1 right now...

Do not try a fast taper or quit the subs cold turkey, you do not want to go through withdrawals while pregnant, this can be harmful to the unborn baby! A slow taper like Cat mentioned is the only safe way for you to get off the subs. The taper plan used here involves 25% reductions every 4-5 days, here's a link to Robert's sub taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip the induction part of the plan because you are already taking subs.

But before you try the taper I would highly recommend you be upfront and truthful with your doctor/doctors so they can help and advise you on the best and safest way to proceed from here? I wish you the very best for you and your baby... God bless us all!
    Ben39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Missy - I understand you are worried about passing that drug test but the health and wellbeing of that baby should be priority #1 right now...

Do not try a fast taper or quit the subs cold turkey, you do not want to go through withdrawals while pregnant, this can be harmful to the unborn baby! A slow taper like Cat mentioned is the only safe way for you to get off the subs. The taper plan used here involves 25% reductions every 4-5 days, here's a link to Robert's sub taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Skip the induction part of the plan because you are already taking subs.

But before you try the taper I would highly recommend you be upfront and truthful with your doctor/doctors so they can help and advise you on the best and safest way to proceed from here? I wish you the very best for you and your baby... God bless us all!
    Thank u Ricky, I am on 49 hours no sub, I'm not feeling that bad. I am just tired and I can't not get comfortable enough to sleep I tried atavan twice maybe got 5 hours if that , I think if I slept I would feel fine. I'm gonna try to make it another day with nothing, if it gets bad I do plan on maybe taking a tiny sliver if I think my baby could be stressed. I just want to done with this. The last time I quit after a week I started feeling better. It's just now I have 3 kids who go back to school in 2 days. I'm trying to stay strong positive
    Thank u for replaying to me