Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By third times a charm
question about stopping 8day suboxen habit
    third times a charm is offline Junior Member

Default question about stopping 8day suboxen habit

Ok so I was taking about 150-200 mg of oxy a day for like months and decided it was getting out of control. So someone recommended suboxen for detox. Not honestly knowing how suboxen worked all I heard no painfully detox experience lol. Its been 8 days on about 6mg the first 4 days and mainly about 4 mgs the last 4. If I quit tomorrow will I go through detox if I do? I've read suboxen has extended life and takes 3-5 days for withdrawals. I didn't want to trade one addiction for another smh. Any advice at this point would be appreciated ☺.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hi and welcome. I just wanted to leave you a reply because I'm sure your anxious to hear from somebody! There is no doubt that you'll go through withdrawals if you stop taking the sub. It will probably take a few days for the withdrawals to start because of the long half-life of suboxone. The only advice I can give you is to either stay on the sub and properly taper off using Robert's sub taper plan that is on this site or go cold turkey? You're most likely on too much sub as it is and you will have to lower the dose to where you feel stable and then start the taper process? I'm no expert though, just what I've learned here in the forums and reading online. There are definitely some others that will stop by that have much more sub knowledge/experience and will be better to guide you if you decide to keep using the subs and how to properly taper off. Hang in there, others will be by to help. It tends to be slower in the forums on the weekends. Congratulations on your decision to get off the oxys, you can do it. Stay STRONG! Take care... God bless us all!

Thank for responding ☺. A week ago this two Friday's ago I decided I as to stop. I've been fighting oxygen addiction for a very long time but for a few months it got out of control when my amount went to 200 mg a day. I know when I with I the withdrawal process would be more painful then I've ever experienced and got scared that xanies or kpins wouldn't help the side effects at all. A friend suggested suboxen. Granted I've hard of but really didn't know much of it or what it does. What I did know and all I heard was no withdrawals

Sorry about auto correct lol. I never did check to see if everything spelled correctly or if needed to correct anything.

What happened to the rest of my thread?? There was more then that?. Hmm...

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome,

Yeah. Sometimes posts disappear here. It's usually because a particular post contains something that is against Forum rules but I've had them disappear for no apparent reason. It just happens. Sorry it has happened to you. If you haven't read the rules, it might be a good idea.

Whomever told you that subs will not produce withdrawal symptoms are just wrong. The half life of subs is very long so the amount that stays in your system is cumulative, unlike short acting opiates. There is a taper plan used here that many, many people have successfully followed and are doing well now. At the amount you've been taking, I doubt that if you stopped today you'd get a free ride. It sounds to me that maybe someone gave you or you bought a few pills or strips of subs? At this point you have two choices. The first would be to stop taking them and see how you feel in a few days. Depending on that, you can either choose to stop everything and let time take care of things. If you don't feel like you can make it or if you're tempted to go back to the oxy's, then it may be time to go to a sub doctor and get a legitimate script for them.

If you decide to get on subs, get your appointment and let us know when it's going to be. They will likely prescribe some insanely high dose far more than you will need. That's OK. Just listen to them and get out of their office with your script and get it filled. In the meantime, assuming that you still have some subs or can get some, we can help you get to your lowest effective dose. It at least isn't too late for that. Right now, you said you've been taking 4 mg/day for 4 days? At the very least, if that dose has you comfortable, you can reduce that by 25% or 3mg/day immediately and see how you feel.

The one thing you DON'T want to do is to be swapping back and forth between oxys and subs. Decide if you want to try and ride this out or if you want to begin a proper sub taper. Only time will tell how you will feel in a few days and I wouldn't blame you if you do decide to wait before you decide to stay quit or begin sub therapy. Just don't fall back to the oxys. If you do decide to wait a few days, I'd get an appointment with a sub doctor just in case you'll need it. In the meantime while you're waiting for your appointment and you haven't taken anything for a few days, we can help you to induct at the lowest possible dose. It's really important to stay away from any opiate during this time because it will only delay your proper induction on subs.

We can help, but we have to know what you want to do and we'll take it from there.

Peace,

Cat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Third!
    I loved the part where you were " fighting oxygen addiction"!!!!
    Autocorrect sux

Where did my thread go? Was it removed? I'm confused smh.

I finally responded to y'all. I didn't swear in my thread. What's not aloud and what's aloud? I don't get it lol? I don't think I said anything out the way? Still confused.

Ok so I've decided to go ahead and jump. I only did a 1/2mg yesterday which was day 9 since I started subs. I'm going to see where I'm at on day 3 with withdrawals. If it hurts to much I'm going re- induct at .25 and do that for 3-4 days then start skipping days from there. I don't want be trapped by subs like some are. I'm so scared right now I'm actually crying. I wish I had done my home work instead of listening to others. I'll take 7 days of oxy detox over subs any day. I have no one here to talk to that knows anything about subs that can help me. Thanks.

Hey 3rd, there are some success stories in here of people who have done 10 day sub detoxes. I think you are going to be just fine, don't sit around and beat yourself up. Think positive you will be okay. Stay strong and beat this beast. 9 days on subs isn't the end of the world, good luck, you can do this.

Turn the page, walk way.

RJ

Thanks tired. I've decided to taper. My stomach is feeling figity and I'm not sure if is from all the coughing I've been doing from my pneumonia and lack of eating or withdrawals. Today is my second day at 1/2 mg imma do 2 more days then down to .25 for another 4 days then start skipping days. I'm a wimp when it comes to withdrawals lol. Stomach still feels funny but tolerable. About to go force feed myself cause of losing to much weight. I have no appetite. Is actually got me really scared.

It's normal, but if you eat, try protein shakes they pack a tremendous punch with amino acids and quickly absorbed proteins. Also try green shakes with spinach fruits etc. very good quick meals. Healthy is good!

Ok and i hope so. My family wants me to very some ensure drinks also. I'm down to 103 pounds now. Between being very sick with pneumonia the last 10 days then the st ress of coming off the oxy and now the subs. Imma go to the store and buy some shakes. I'm scared I'm going to wine up in the hospital if i don't. In 41 5"3 and this weight is not healthy smh.

Woke up sneezing, is it normal coming off suboxen to be sneezing? This lingering pneumonia is killing me though. Dam coughing. Today well be day 3 at bedtime at 1/2mg dose. I'm hoping tomorrow to start at .25 become. Hopefully by Friday or sat I'll be able to start skipping days finally. Even thigh suboxen for some seems like a miracle drug and best route for them I just can't do it. I fell like I'm cheating to be honest on suboxen. I mean going from 150-200 mg a day habit to a synthetic opiate addiction just not with all the snorting and what not. Plus it has such an extended life it takes forever to withdrawal off of smh. I'm going to stay clean for good once this is over. Is been 11 days since my last oxygen which is a record time to be honest lol. Tied of this cycle. Been fighting opiate addiction for about 12 yrs now. It's just adjusting to a different way of life now.
    ItsPossible likes this.

I'm so emotional :,(. I know this to shall pass still sucks. I'm down to 1/2 mg of subs now. Today will be my 3rd day of that mg. In between dosing I fell a bit ancy but to bad. Makers me feel like I could jump at this rate but in not going to lol. I haven't decided if I'm going to cut my dose to .25 Gondor or stay at 1/2 mg still just yet. Right now I'm trying to stay busy most days. I'm so sober. So not used to this life style any more. I don't know how tip do this :'(

Sorry about the auto correct lol.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Hey 3rd!
    Funny how your name is the title of my thread. lol Love it.
    Sneezing is common during withdrawal. More annoying than anything, but I love sneezing, it just feels so good.
    Also yawning and teary eyes. There are so many different remedies for these symptoms on the internet. Soap under a sheet for RLS, wearing panty hose, heating pads etc... but mostly we must keep moving and tough it out.
    Cry when you need to, scream if necessary but laugh at anything you can.
    Keep repeating "I CAN DO THIS", "THIS IS THE BEST DECISION", "I"VE GOT THIS!"
    Anything positive you can say to yourself helps!
    Just wanted to stop in and show support. You've got great help here!
    Love and Light
    Kim aka Butterfly xxoo

Thanks possible. I know it's worth it just subs are so different then anything I've ever done. I only took them to come off oxy habit. But I didn't do much homework on then and The half life they have once you start them. Someone said it was the best way to go. I'm in my third day of a 1/2 mg sub. Tomorrow will be my last day on the 1/2 mg. Thursday i start my . 25 dosage for the next four days. Over even thought of even lowering even more to 1/8 after that. Just don't want horrible withdrawals. I've done the oxygen detox before and that only later 7 days. I'm just so scared. Thanks for your support .

Thanks possible. I know it's worth it just subs are so different then anything I've ever done. I only took them to come off oxy habit. But I didn't do much homework on then and The half life they have once you start them. Someone said it was the best way to go. I'm in my third day of a 1/2 mg sub. Tomorrow will be my last day on the 1/2 mg. Thursday i start my . 25 dosage for the next four days. Over even thought of even lowering even more to 1/8 after that. Just don't want horrible withdrawals. I've done the oxygen detox before and that only later 7 days. I'm just so scared. Thanks for your support

Feel like I'm kind of talking to myself lately lol but that's ok. My question is I've been taking 1/2 mg strips ( more like tiny triangles) once a day now for the last 3 days now, should I split up my doses to twice a day or keep it At one time dose? I've been taking them at or right around bed time so I can sleep. But when I'm reaching my 24 hour mark I start to feel really anxious! Start to feel like I'm coming out my stomach type feeling! It's horrible . Tomorrow will make it my fourth day at 1/2 mg and I really want to lower my dose down to .25 on Thursday but I'm really scared. I feel ok most the day till about 5-8 at night then I really start to feel bad and wind up taking my 1/2 mg dose. What should I do? I know nothing about suboxen and how this all works! Please someone help! ?

Hey there third time,

Here to offer a little bit of help and some advice, although I may not be 100% accurate. This choice is entirely up to you. You have strayed a bit from the conventional suggestion of the proper sub taper as suggested on this site. 6mg of sub is very high based on your consumption of the oxys. You would have been better off starting with 1-2 mgs but that is hearsay. The good news, you haven't been on them very long. You basically dropped by 85% from 4 mg to .5. Seeing as though a 25% is recommended that's a big hop! Regardless, you are were you are right now. IMO you should continue on the .5 another day and see how you feel. You WILL eventually stabilize on this dose, 4 days should be all you need because of your short length of time. There is really no easy way out. The longer you are on the subs the better chance you have of experiencing some WD from them. You are well past the withdrawals from the oxy. I would recommend you do not split the dose. If you are only feeling 1-3 hours of blah that is okay. Once you feel stable on this dose, try skipping a day, taking a day, skipping two days taking a day, skip three, take a day, skip four days and you are done or you could drop to .25 for four days and then do the skip method or you could just jump from that dose with no skip days. It wont be awesome but it shouldn't be horrible. There is no easy way out of this. You are on the right path. Just continue on and BE STRONG! YOU CAN DO THIS!

RJ

Hey tired! Thank you so much for responding with some support. I've been an emotional mess the passed couple days. Just to let you know I was only on 6 mg for about 2-3 days tops. I lowered my dose after that to 2-3 for about 3 days and then even more after that. I honestly didn't know much about suboxen at the time or about having to taper to come off. Till I started my research on suboxen. I'm soo mad at myself smh. I thought this would be great to detox off oxy with not knowing the nightmare I was print myself into when starting onto subs. I'm going to do one more day at 1/2 mg tonight. Then lower even more tomorrow to .25 starting tomorrow. I'm a huge wimp when it Comes to detox lol. My body is very sensitive to anything I take. Some I know are super lucky, not I lol. I'm going to see about getting some benzos also even though I hate them cause they always make me groggy but hopefully it helps with the anxiety though. Feeling GI issues already. This stinks lol. Thanks for your support though. You have no idea how much it means. No one here can understand or they don't care. So thanks!

Ok so I just watched a video on how to cut up suboxen strips. It was dating the the 1/2 mg from a 8 mg strip is 2 in one!?? So that would mean I've been using 1 mg?? Is this true?? I'm kind of freaking out now smh. I've been on suboxen for about 12 days now trying to taper this whole time. I think I'm just going to make the jump and see how this goes. I'm trying to get some xanies to hopefully battle the skin crawling part and going to go buy some imodium just in case. I've been having some GI issues with it already. Some encouragement would be great!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

If you just jump
    Go for it ..
    Give it a few days ..
    You can always
    Reinduce at a very small dose like .25 mg ..
    You know sub is very strong..
    After a few days ..
    when you feel terrible than .25 mg will work..
    Then you could reduce 25% every 4 - 5 days
    You would be done before u know it..
    You would feel ok during that..
    I worked during my taper and that is how I did it..
    Imodium helps too..
    There are options ..
    It is not easy..
    But definitely worth the fight..
    Take care
    Bette