Like Tree1Likes
Question about zubsolv. Please help!
    Anonymous Guest

Default Question about zubsolv. Please help!

To sum it up. I was addicted to pills for awhile relapsed a bunch. Tried suboxin relapsed again. Just a little short under a month I was prescribed zubsolv 5.7 three a day. It worked great no relapse no cravings. Longest I've been clean. Anyway this doctor is s joke no support system but was the cheapest and would work with me. Don't have insurance at the moment, I should have it in a week or so. Yesterday was my apt to get a new script. My doses ended the day before yesterday. I've had nothing but trouble with this dude been through a lot and still didn't relapse. First he gave me the wrong dose for a week and a half it was too low. I didn't know! Then one week he didn't write me for enough and I went 3 days without, still no relapse. Yesterday some stuff went down( a very crazy story) and I will no longer be going there. I called every doctor in a 50 mile radius and they were too expensive, not taking new patients or wanted numerous over night treatments. I can't do that. 3 jobs, 3 pets and school. So this is my second day without. I just want to done. I still feel ok. My question is with me taking it that short of time period do you think I will withdrawn? I do not want to withdrawal that is the worst. And I'm gonna try my hardest to stay clean. I want to! I think I can! Thanks

Anonymous Guest

Whew, Kindafreakin.... Just take a deep breath first. Sounds like you've been on a trip with this doc since the get go.
    First off, how long were you taking the opiates for, and how much were you taking?
    From what I can make out, you've only been on the Zubsolv for a month or so, and you don't have any left?
    If that's the case, you may start to see some withdrawls, around 3-4 days after you took your last zubsolv pill. But since you were on it such a short length of time, they might not be to bad at all. Maybe some sleep deprivation, restless legs, stomach upsets, and anxiety.
    Keep posting though and we can help you through it.
    Blessings
    Michelle

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KindaFreakin View Post
    To sum it up. I was addicted to pills for awhile relapsed a bunch. Tried suboxin relapsed again. Just a little short under a month I was prescribed zubsolv 5.7 three a day. It worked great no relapse no cravings. Longest I've been clean. Anyway this doctor is s joke no support system but was the cheapest and would work with me. Don't have insurance at the moment, I should have it in a week or so. Yesterday was my apt to get a new script. My doses ended the day before yesterday. I've had nothing but trouble with this dude been through a lot and still didn't relapse. First he gave me the wrong dose for a week and a half it was too low. I didn't know! Then one week he didn't write me for enough and I went 3 days without, still no relapse. Yesterday some stuff went down( a very crazy story) and I will no longer be going there. I called every doctor in a 50 mile radius and they were too expensive, not taking new patients or wanted numerous over night treatments. I can't do that. 3 jobs, 3 pets and school. So this is my second day without. I just want to done. I still feel ok. My question is with me taking it that short of time period do you think I will withdrawn? I do not want to withdrawal that is the worst. And I'm gonna try my hardest to stay clean. I want to! I think I can! Thanks

Welcome!

Zubsolv is basically the same medication as Suboxone with one main difference….the dose strength. One 5.7mg of Zubsolv is equal to 8mg of Suboxone. Zubsolv has better bioavailability and is absorbed into your system better than Suboxone is, thus the lower dose.

You were taking 5.7mg of Zubsolv 3 times a day for a month. That's the equalivent of taking 24mgs of Suboxone a day….an enourmous amount of sub. There isn't anyone on earth that requires that much sub. Sorry. You have one of the majority of sub doctors that just don't know this med very well. It happens, and happens to so many it's outrageous. Not your fault.

If you stop taking it abruptly you can expect to have to very severe symptoms that will last quite some time. The worst of it won't begin until the 3 - 5 days because of the very long half life of the sub. Even after just 1 month on the Zubsolv you have a massive build up of sub in your system that has to dissipate before you'll begin to feel better. To be completely honest your symptoms could easily last several weeks. Just stating the facts and not trying to frighten you.

If you want off with the least amount of problems the best thing you could do for yourself is to begin tapering and get your dose as low as possible. We recommend reducing the dose by 25% every 4 or so days. Slow and steady reductions are key to getting through it. Spend around 4 days on each dose then reduce. If not stable on any dose spend another day or two on that dose before reducing.

You could easily drop one of your 5.7mg doses immediately and not suffer one bit. Then you could begin the taper process. Up to you of course. I've been through this and know what works and what won't usually work. Could you stop now and get through it, yes you could, it's possible although the odds are extremely small.

Think it over. I'll help you all that I can if you want to taper.

Randy

Anonymous Guest

4 or 5 years. When I stopped I was feeling great at 60 70 mg . I know horrible. Some days more. Today was my second whole day without and i feel fine. Good at that. I have to stick with it this time. This is the farthest I've been. I'm pretty dang proud of myself...so far, I hope I didn't jinx myself.

Anonymous Guest

One more thing. Even if I did want to taper. I've had no luck with any doctors and I'm waiting on a approval for medicade right now. So even if I wanted to be on it a little longer I think I'm out of options