Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
Questions about my Suboxone withdrawl
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi hope..
    Just wanted to stop by and support you..
    I am at 0.35mg
    I had to go to sub pills a few days ago because I don't want to go back to the dr..
    I crush the pill with a credit card and divide it into even piles ..
    Then use a straw to place the powder under my tongue..
    Then I save the rest of divided pills in tin foil..

It is a pain in the foot..
    Just more reason to get off once and for all..

Hope this helps...
    Some people mix the powder from the pills with drops of water and then use the straw to place the sub under your tongue..

Congratulations and I will talk to you later.

Iluv2
    jeep2001 and Hoping4theBest like this.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

hope.....its actually quite easy to split the 8mg pills.......simply cut the pill into quarters using a straight edge razor...(2mg each quarter).....crush the 2mg into a fine powder and evenly separate the pile into 4 (which would give you .5) ....then just pour the dosage under your tongue.

I actually had the strips....which I find to be a lot easier...(especially when you really start getting down to a low dose)

and I apologize for the bickering lol ...I just had to throw in my opinion because I do agree with randy on this one
    Randy35 and Hoping4theBest like this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Oh My Hope,
    I am SO sorry if you feel Rand and I are Arguing....its not like that at ALL! I totally respect what Randy is saying, and I am sure he respects my opinion as well.....my point is, in a nutshell...Robert_325 wrote the Book on Suboxone Taper, and many hundreds of people. including myself, and many MANY others here have successfully completed the taper by jumping at .5mgs!!!! As Randy brought up, there ARE others that have felt uncomfortable jumping at .5, and like alot of folks they took it one step further and jumped at a lower dose! I am merely stating that Roberts plan is "Tried & True", regardless of how many others have felt the need to jump at lower doses, Roberts plan is the "Staple" here on this site, and has been Extremly successful by more people than not!
    But if you feel you need to go lower, by all means do what is comfortable to you! THAT is the point! To Finish, at YOUR rate and what is comfy to you! I was merely "standing by my Guns" as I have helped countless people here get OFF the Subs using Roberts plan and jumping at .5mgs. I am very sorry if we got you confused or uncomfortable with Randy and my Debate. It is perfectly ok, for anyone that wants to jump at a lower Dose, but I am here to tell you that Roberts Plan is a tried and true method, many hundreds of people have completed it successfully by following it to the letter/...and I dont care what ANYONE says, the difference between .5 and .25 is negligible and is mostly in your head!!! I suggest you go ahead with your plan to make your jump at .5mg.and implement Roberts "skip Method on the last week. You may feel a little discomfort, ..but nothing you cant handle, but most make the jump symptom free. The most important thing is to do it at YOUR pace, and at YOUR comfort Level, but THE most important thing is just to Finish! This is NOT as race, you judt want to finish and get OFF those Subs as quickly asd possible!
    Again, I am SO very sorry if you felt we were arguing, but I assure you we were Not!....Not from MY end anyway....If you havent already, Please review Roberts Plan, and implement your jump where YOU feel comfortable....THAT is what counts! You can find roberts Taper Plan here>>> https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html....Trust me Honey....and Please, speak with ANY of the Old Timers here and they will all tell you the same thing....Rand is a great guy, and is only looking after our best interest, as am I....no argument was intended on either of our parts, Im sure Rand wilol agree....we just want what is best for YOU....but I can Assure you, that More people have jumped at .5mgs successfully, than those that have "Lingered on and dragged it out longer.....but YOU do what your body is telling you to do...ok Honey?
    Keep us posted and if you feel the need, by all means email me if you feel the need....just google "Harry Smooth" and you wiil find me!
    I'll be keeping an eye on you, and will help in anyway I can!!!! Afterall, isn't thast we ALL are Here?> LOL

Your Bud Harry +

jeep2001 is offline Member

Hey Hope I have the 8mg too. Go to the pharmacy and get a pill cutter...they are like 10 bucks. Are they 6 sided with 6 corners...like mine. Cut them on the line and in half again to get 2mg, cut them corner to corner and then divide those into 3 buy cutting them at the corners again, to make 1.3. You get it. I was able to drop to 2 quite easy, I just started holding out as long as I could in the morning till almost lunch to take it...The first couple weeks I took an extra one every few days. But I already knew that I can get to 2 quite easy, I have done it before. You may have to do the 1.3 and take 2 for a bit so your dose will be 2.6. Just remeber "Easy Does IT" These are alot easier to kick if you take your time. I dropped to 1.3 from 2, today is day one, I actually feel great! Some of the good things are coming back I lost being so drugged for the last 5 years or so.

One thing you have to keep in mind Hope, We are addicts, when we get clean we go back to our ways. Did you read step one. Did you give any thought to NA, I am 40 now and have been on and off drugs and alcohol cigarettes, dope pills, coke, crack, meth, Believe me it only gets worse...you are young and have your whole life ahead, Don't make the same mistakes many of us have done. Get clean and stay clean!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-12-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Hope drink more water thats where the head ace comes from and hold off untill at least 10 or 11 to dose, give your body a chance to wake up and become clear....I take alive in the morning to help get to 10-11 with minor aces and pain.

I'm not saying start taking alieve everyday just when you drop for up to a week if necessary.

Hoping4theBest is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hope - I wasn't arguing at all, only expressing a difference of opinion. Of course I have YOUR best interest in mind or I wouldn't have responded. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread. But I'm just adamant that going as LOW as possible when tapering subs is ALWAYS in the best interest of anyone attempting to get off subs with the LEAST amount of symptoms when jumping. That's all.

You have to do what you feel is best for YOU and that goes for everyone here. Your life, your call. Sometimes there will be different advice and suggestions. Weigh all the options and use what you feel will work for you. If you want to jump at .5mg then do it. If you want to reduce further then go that way. I want you to be successful and to be happy. You're not doing it for me, you're doing this for YOU!!!

I'll be around if you need my help. I'll follow your progress. Take care.

-Randy
    Thank you very much Randy. I appreciate that. I can use all the help I can get. lol!

Hi Renee! How are you doing now? Hopefully well!

I do have a question for everyone! Like I said I felt great the other day and yesterday. Tapered to 3 yesterday. Whoo Hoo! Last night was pretty bad though. I had chills and was pretty much miserable. NO temp though. Anyways, I would not think that the taper yesterday would already be effecting me, would it? I figured it would take 2-3 days before I'd have any symptoms from my new dose. What do you all think? Was my bad night due to my taper yesterday to 3mg? If so what should I do? Thought maybe that I may be getting a cold or something. Opinions please!

Thanks again for all the support and advise!

-Hoping4theBest

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    hope.....its actually quite easy to split the 8mg pills.......simply cut the pill into quarters using a straight edge razor...(2mg each quarter).....crush the 2mg into a fine powder and evenly separate the pile into 4 (which would give you .5) ....then just pour the dosage under your tongue.

I actually had the strips....which I find to be a lot easier...(especially when you really start getting down to a low dose)

and I apologize for the bickering lol ...I just had to throw in my opinion because I do agree with randy on this one
    Thank you. I didn't see ANY of these posts yesterday for some reason. I borrowed my dad's pill cutter yesterday. I plan on dividing them like you say and then use what iluvtosmile said and put the remaining doses in foil. Sounds good to me. I appreciate the advice. No biggie about the "bickering thing". You all were just voicing your opinions and I appreciate them all!

-Hope

Thanks, Jeep. Actually borrowed my dad's pill cutter yesterday so that will help. I'm prescribed the white round ones btw. Feel better now that I know how to devide these things into smaller doses. Thank you for the first step. Please post more of them if you don't mind! I am planning on taking my time, this time. From experience, rushing through something like this is not the best thing to do obviously or I wouldn't be here right now..lol! It can get worse. I've taken just about everything under the sun as well. Worst times were first the meth when I was 18-19, then the pills and now sub. Hoping that the third time is the charm! Also, still not doing so well with the water thing. I really hate it but I'm going to have to force myself to drink it. Oh, and yes I hold off as long as I can as well usually 12-1 pm before I take a dose.

Thanks Jeep and keep me updated! Congrats on your drop to 1.3!!!!!

Harry!

Sorry, I didn't see any of these posts like I said b4. I thought I'd lost you! LOL! (Sorry I'm kind of a paranoid person). Very happy to see your post. It all just caught me off guard. After rereading it all I realize that you all were just voicing your own opinions and I appreciate that! I am pretty confident about the 0.5mg. I have went cold turkey before (it's been about a year) off of 4mg. Stayed clean for 3 months and then went right back and my addiction was a lot worse this go around. Btw, jumping from 4mg is rough but I made it then so .5 should be a lot easier. I know that the CT method does not work for me when it comes to Subs. That's why I'm trying this route this time. Biggest part is going to be staying clean after I'm finally off. It usually just takes one bad day to screw up all that hard work that you've done and then your back to square one. Do you ever have a hard time when you are faced with a situation? (maybe an old friend calls or stops by, etc) What do you do?

Thanks Harry!

-Hope

Heyyyy Hope,
    Yeah, most people have noo problem whatsoever jumping at .5mg....some like to take it down lower, but in my experience .5 works just fine for most.....
    and YES I run into that "Situation" your speaking of ALL the time! LOL...I own a Cigar Shop and a couple of my old "Deaalers" come in ALL the time, and I ust tell em "I am DONE" and thats THAT! If they persist, or try to "entice" me I politely tell em to Leave, and if they are going to continue trying to entice me back into the pills then they can buy their Cigars somewwhere else!!!! Its like I always say, "Getting Clean is the Easy Part....STAYING Clean is the hard part"!!!! LOL.....
    Yeah the CT route doesnt work for me either! although I DID CT off of the "H" wayyyyy back when I was in my 20's but it was Tough, and I was a LOT younger and Stronger then.....I couldnt IMAGINE going CT now off the Oxys.....UGH.....The W/D's are WAYYYY to intense for me! Subbs are the way to go for me!!!! Your gonna do GREAT too! Just hang tough and stay the course honey! Your gonna do just Fine! I have a Good feeling about you!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4theBest View Post
    Harry!

Sorry, I didn't see any of these posts like I said b4. I thought I'd lost you! LOL! (Sorry I'm kind of a paranoid person). Very happy to see your post. It all just caught me off guard. After rereading it all I realize that you all were just voicing your own opinions and I appreciate that! I am pretty confident about the 0.5mg. I have went cold turkey before (it's been about a year) off of 4mg. Stayed clean for 3 months and then went right back and my addiction was a lot worse this go around. Btw, jumping from 4mg is rough but I made it then so .5 should be a lot easier. I know that the CT method does not work for me when it comes to Subs. That's why I'm trying this route this time. Biggest part is going to be staying clean after I'm finally off. It usually just takes one bad day to screw up all that hard work that you've done and then your back to square one. Do you ever have a hard time when you are faced with a situation? (maybe an old friend calls or stops by, etc) What do you do?

Thanks Harry!

-Hope

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Biggest part is going to be staying clean after I'm finally off. It usually just takes one bad day to screw up all that hard work that you've done and then your back to square one. Do you ever have a hard time when you are faced with a situation? (maybe an old friend calls or stops by, etc) What do you do?

Hey Hope - That's one of the best reasons to get yourself involved in NA or AA support group meetings. I relapsed so many times I could never count them all. I eventually discovered MY WAY of trying to get clean wasn't gonna work again and I had to do something DIFFERENT if I was to ever REMAIN clean for life.

I got involved in bot NA and AA and that is EXACTLY what I needed!!! Nothing better than face to face conversations with other addicts. They understand you and better yet know how to help yourself remain clean. You'll eventually get a sponsor to hold you accountable, what you REALLY need!

Like I said earlier I celebrated 6 months CLEAN last week. I've already been tested several times with pills handed to me for the taking. Before I would have gobbled them down before even thinking about it. Now I'm armed with both NA and AA, a sponsor, knowledge of the 12 steps, and know that 1 pill will NEVER be enough.

One is too many and a thousand is never enough!!!

Meetings have saved my life because had I not got involved theres little doubt I would not be here today. I was on a horrible path of destruction. Lost EVERYTHING in the process. I hope that NEVER happens to you or anyone else here. Please try some meetings. You just may like them as much as I do!

-Randy
    DDAVE45 and jeep2001 like this.

hey hope.......correct me if im wrong, but you went from 4mg to 3mg? if that is the case than you will def feel that, the lower you get the more crucial your reductions become. I truly believe that you should take your time with tapering....So many people are in a rush to get off and end up right back where they started....you didn't become addicted overnight .....so this process should not be done overnight. Im not saying to stay on the subs forever ...im just saying to take your time with this....let your body and mind adjust to all these changes. I personally would have went from 4mg to 3.5mg. (that's about a 15% reduction)

And in regards to old "friends"......the answer is simple.... get rid of your phone and start your contact list from scratch or simply erase/block anyone you do not need in your life. These are the times that are crucial to your recovery.....your mind will try and trick you but you have to stay strong to beat this. I've been off subs for almost 3 years now and >> be lying to you if I told you that I haven't been tempted to use again.....this will be with us the rest of our lives....but the amount of pride and satisfaction you will get from staying sober greatly outweighs those 20 min of being high.

randy......congrats on 6 months man....clean time stacks up so fast when you are sober and actually living your life.
    Randy35 likes this.

Hey Hope,
    Your right...you would not notice any symptoms from your Drop for that day! Subs have an incredibly long "Half Life", up to 72 hours in some people, so no, you would not be feeling any symptoms from your drop for that day....prollly just like you said, ...a cold coming on or something! And your right on Target with your drop from 4mg to 3mg...thats 25% and your doing well sticking to the program!!!! just hang tough Hon, and stay the course! Your doing GREAT!!!!!!!
    Hi Renee! How are you doing now? Hopefully well!

I do have a question for everyone! Like I said I felt great the other day and yesterday. Tapered to 3 yesterday. Whoo Hoo! Last night was pretty bad though. I had chills and was pretty much miserable. NO temp though. Anyways, I would not think that the taper yesterday would already be effecting me, would it? I figured it would take 2-3 days before I'd have any symptoms from my new dose. What do you all think? Was my bad night due to my taper yesterday to 3mg? If so what should I do? Thought maybe that I may be getting a cold or something. Opinions please!

Thanks again for all the support and advise!

-Hoping4theBest

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey Hope! I'm doing pretty good. Had to start over on .6mg dose though... I struggled there for a few days and ended up taking .7mg instead of .6 but it could have been worse! So, today is back to Day #2 at .6mg. I am going to do it this time though, I swear! I can't get stuck now! I won't let that happen.

You're doing well. Just take it as slowly as you need to. It could be possible to feel some slight w/d's going from 4-3mg but it could be other things also. If you don't develop a cold then it may just be your mind playing tricks on you. I know I feEl some anxiety right after I make a drop and it can trick me into thinking I'm in w/d.... but once I calm down, I realize I'm fine.

I have to cut this short. Boss just texted me and needs me to do something then I have to get ready to leave. I will check in with you later!

-Renee

Yes Hope, I feel it, you are just like me. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but I know you got into the pills just trying to calm the fire in you. Back in my day it was purple haze....A guy owed me alot and the only way I was going to get it was purple haze, So at the age of 16 I took my first hit! and have been "Chasing the Dragon" ever since. I am a mid class person who have other sisters/bothers that have university or college degree's. I have college myself. Being one of the youngest I felt a lot of pressure to succeed. So my time's on such a drug were always very sort lived. I would hit rock bottom fast! and then learned how to pick up the pieces every time no matter how bad. Anyway what I'm trying to tell you is that fire in you will never die you have to treat it forever, you are an addict. Please go to NA and get help with this!

So check out groups around you, the bigger the more fun more people and more support! I hope to hear that you went to one this coming weekend and how it was. If you are sure you understand Step one we will go one to step 2.

STEP TWO
    "We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
    could restore us to sanity."

The Second Step is necessary if we expect to achieve ongoing
    recovery. The First Step leaves us with a need to believe in
    something that can help us with our powerlessness, uselessness,
    and helplessness.

The First Step has left a vacuum in our lives. We need to find
    something to fill that void. This is the purpose of the Second Step.

Some of us didn't take this step seriously at first; we passed
    over it with a minimum of concern, only to find the next steps
    would not work until we worked Step Two. Even when we
    admitted that we needed help with our drug problem, many of
    us would not admit to the need for faith and sanity.

We have a disease: progressive, incurable and fatal. One way
    or another we went out and bought our destruction on the time
    payment plan! All of us, from the junkie snatching purses to the
    sweet little old lady hitting two or three doctors for legal prescriptions,
    have one thing in common: we seek our destruction a bag
    at a time, a few pills at a time, or a bottle at a time until we die.
    This is at least part of the insanity of addiction. The price may
    seem higher for the addict who prostitutes for a fix than it is for
    the addict who merely lies to a doctor. Ultimately both pay for
    their disease with their lives. Insanity is repeating the same
    mistakes and expecting different results.

Many of us realize when we get to the program that we have
    gone back time and again to using, even though we knew that
    we were destroying our lives. Insanity is using drugs day after
    day knowing that only physical and mental destruction comes
    when we use. The most obvious insanity of the disease of
    addiction is the obsession to use drugs.

Ask yourself this question, Do I believe it would be insane to
    walk up to someone and say, "May I please have a heart attack
    or a fatal accident?" If you can agree that this would be an insane
    thing, you should have no problem with the Second Step.

In this program, the first thing we do is stop using drugs. At
    this point, we begin to feel the pain of living without drugs or
    anything to replace them. The pain forces us to seek a Power
    greater than ourselves that can relieve our obsession to use.

The process of coming to believe is similar for most addicts.
    Most of us lacked a working relationship with a Higher Power.
    We begin to develop this relationship by simply admitting to the
    possibility of a Power greater than ourselves. Most of us have
    no trouble admitting that addiction had become a destructive
    force in our lives. Our best efforts resulted in ever greater destruction
    and despair. At some point, we realized that we needed the
    help of some Power greater than our addiction. Our understanding
    of a Higher Power is up to us. No one is going to decide
    for us. We can call it the group, the program, or we can call it
    God. The only suggested guidelines are that this Power be loving,
    caring and greater than ourselves. We don't have to be religious
    to accept this idea. The point is that we open our minds to believe.
    We may have difficulty with this, but by keeping an open mind,
    sooner or later, we find the help we need.

We talked and listened to others. We saw other people
    recovering, and they told us what was working for them. We
    began to see evidence of some Power that could not be fully
    explained. Confronted with this evidence, we began to accept
    the existence of a Power greater than ourselves. We can use this
    Power long before we understand it.

As we see coincidences and miracles happening in our lives,
    acceptance becomes trust. We grow to feel comfortable with our
    Higher Power as a source of strength. As we learn to trust this
    Power, we begin to overcome OUR fear of life.

The process of coming to believe restores us to sanity. The
    strength to move into action comes from this belief. We need to
    accept this step to start on the road to recovery. When our belief
    has grown, we are ready for Step Three.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-13-2015 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hoping4theBest likes this.

You may chose this group we have created, for your higher power or you may find a higher power from attending a "12" program or you can chose God as I have done!

"Help for addicts begins only when we are able to admit complete defeat."

Complete defeat-what a concept! That must mean surrender. Surrender-to give up absolutely. To quit with no reservations. To put up our hands and quit fighting. Maybe to put up our hand at our first meeting and admit we're addicts.

How do we know we've taken a First Step that will allow us to live drug-free? We know because, once we have taken that gigantic step, we never have to use again-just for today. That's it. It's not easy, but it's very simple.

We work the First Step. We accept that, yes, we are addicts. "One is too many, and a thousand never enough." We've proven that to ourselves enough times. We admit that we cannot handle drugs in any form. We admit it; we say it out loud, if necessary.

We take the First Step at the beginning of our day. For one day. This admission frees us, just for today, from the need to live out our addiction all over again. We've surrendered to this disease. We give up. We quit. But in quitting, we win. And that's the paradox of the First Step: We surrender to win, and by surrendering we gain a far greater power than we ever imagined possible.

Just for Today: I admit that I am powerless over my addiction. I will surrender to win.
    Hoping4theBest likes this.

Hi everyone!

Started running a fever earlier today and went to the doctor and I have an upper resperatory infection and a cold. So now I know why I'm feeling so bad. I plan on staying on the 3mg until I get better. I don't want to push my body too hard. Hopefully I'll feel better in time for my next 25% drop, but if not that's okay.

Thanks for the 2nd step Jeep. God is definately my higher power. I'll be honest, I have never prayed as much as I should have in the past, but I am making up for that now! I believe that He is with me and guiding me through my current battle, and I also believe that He led me to these forums so that I could communicate with all of you fine people!

I went online and there is only one NA group near me (I live in a small mostly rural area) so my options are limited. They meet every sunday at a church at 8pm. I KNOW that I need and WANT to go. I just need to figure out how I can make it possible. As I said before, I am a single mother to a beautiful 6 year old little girl,and I'll need to find a sitter for her. I do have a boyfriend who would be more than willing to help me with her, but he has classes early Monday morning and has to get up even earlier because of the 45 min. commute to get to them. Also, all of my family lives over 30 minutes away from me. I'm not a social butterfly either so I don't have any real friends near by because I'm not originally from this here. Only, the kind of "friends that I would not trust to watch my daughter for 2 seconds. lol! I am also on a low income so paying for a babysitter is not an option either. I am going to call them though and make sure that 8pm is their only meeting time and see if maybe they have an area for children to play while parents are in the meetings. Have any of you ever heard of groups offering this? That's really my only option right now. If I can't go to NA maybe I can find a simular program that is earlier in the day, so that I can go to it while my daughter is at school possibly. Or at least something not so late so that my boyfriend can watch her while I attend. Kind of bummed me out. Wish me luck though. Maybe I'll find another group simualr or something will work out to where I can go to the one on Sunday at 8.

Yeah Harry, I'd say that is rough! Situations like that are what always get me in trouble! My problem is that I'm always wanting to please others. Even if it hurts me in the process. I'm so afraid of people being mad at me for some reason. I have trouble telling people to leave me alone and so on because I have an incredibly low level of self-esteem, which in turn is why I have always self medicated. I've gone to counceling for depression and anxiety for years but it dosn't really help. I'm hoping when I find some sort of group to go too that I will learn how to stick up for myself and not worry about what others think.

Anyways, I'm about to fall asleep at the computer. Haha! This crud I have has really worn me down. I hope that my post isn't a bunch of jibberish. I'll probably be embarrassed when I reread it later. Lol!

Goodnight guys and thanks so much for talking me through all this!

Hey Hon,
    Your Self Esteem is probably just fine....your just a Nice person is all! Me too....at least I try to be most of the time lol....But when it comes to gettin back on the dope, I put my foot DOWN!!! These Dealers dont want me to stay clean.....Bad or business I guess, lol...but Being ON the Dope is Bad for MY business too, so to Heck with THEM! Im lookin ou for Number ONE from now on!!! And you will too! You know the old addage,"JUST SAY NO"!!! LOL....and I'm on Prozac for depression myself! So See....we have a bit in common! And You didnt post "jibberish" at all! Made PERFECT Sense to me!!!!!!
    Sleeep Well!!!! I just goot back up cause I couldnt sleep! UGH....watchin Re-Runs of NYPD Blue! LOL..Andy Sipowiczn& Bobby Simone! What a Team!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
    Well, hope you get some rest and feel better tomorrow Hon, Hope you feel good enough for your drop, but if not, stick it out a day or two more if ya have to! Wont hurt a thing!
    Talk at cha later Hon!
    Your Pal Hare
    Hi everyone!
    Yeah Harry, I'd say that is rough! Situations like that are what always get me in trouble! My problem is that I'm always wanting to please others. Even if it hurts me in the process. I'm so afraid of people being mad at me for some reason. I have trouble telling people to leave me alone and so on because I have an incredibly low level of self-esteem, which in turn is why I have always self medicated. I've gone to counceling for depression and anxiety for years but it dosn't really help. I'm hoping when I find some sort of group to go too that I will learn how to stick up for myself and not worry about what others think.

Anyways, I'm about to fall asleep at the computer. Haha! This crud I have has really worn me down. I hope that my post isn't a bunch of jibberish. I'll probably be embarrassed when I reread it later. Lol!

Goodnight guys and thanks so much for talking me through all this!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Harry!

Thanks Harry!

-Hope
    Hope: I don't want to make this confusing or get into it with Harry, we are old friends, but with your history, I'd take it as low as I can. .50mg. is still quite a bit of sub, but that is your choice and your body will let you know if you need to take it lower. Take it down to .25mg. and you can even go to .125 pieces afterwards. Don't set yourself up, do what you are comfortable with. We recommend on the sub board that you take it at least .25mg. Some do jump at .50mg, many because they simply want to be done with this. The lower you go the less possibility of negative symptoms. One more thing: Make sure you are stable at your drops, if it takes one more day at a dose, so be it. Do not drop more than 25%. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You will know.

As far as staying clean: You need to make a plan. NA/AA, counselor, get someone in line that you can CALL on those really bad days to talk you down. As addicts we don't have too many coping skills.

Peace,

Iloerose

Rose is Right! Listen to your Body Hon.....many of us have "Jumped" at .5mg and had no problem whatsoever..but if you feel like you need to go lower...by all means do whatever works for YOU! Like Rose said, your body will let you know!!!!
    Your gonna do fine whichever route you choose to take....just stay the course honey!!!!!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Hope: I don't want to make this confusing or get into it with Harry, we are old friends, but with your history, I'd take it as low as I can. .50mg. is still quite a bit of sub, but that is your choice and your body will let you know if you need to take it lower. Take it down to .25mg. and you can even go to .125 pieces afterwards. Don't set yourself up, do what you are comfortable with. We recommend on the sub board that you take it at least .25mg. Some do jump at .50mg, many because they simply want to be done with this. The lower you go the less possibility of negative symptoms. One more thing: Make sure you are stable at your drops, if it takes one more day at a dose, so be it. Do not drop more than 25%. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You will know.

As far as staying clean: You need to make a plan. NA/AA, counselor, get someone in line that you can CALL on those really bad days to talk you down. As addicts we don't have too many coping skills.

Peace,

Iloerose

Exactly what I was saying, Iloerose. Some NEED to taper lower than others. I know many have and can make the jump at .5mg. Some have even been successful jumping at higher doses. But the ODDS favor going low for MOST everyone. It's definitely a mental challenge too. And I agree that with Hope's history she would really benefit from going low. I really do, Hope. I know you want off soon as possible.

I don't want to argue either, with anyone. I hate arguing. I'll run away every time. It never serves a purpose and you hardly EVER change anyone's mind in the process. Since I've been here I see everyone recommending going as low as possible, and it really is for the best. In my opinion. I tried myself to stop at .5mg, I even tried jumping at 1mg. Don't think I've ever mentioned that? I had to get back on and taper lower. Kinda made me feel like I was defeated. Once back on I went as low as I possibly could and it definitely payed off for me.

Several personal friends tried to jump at higher doses. None made it. NONE. They had to get back on and go lower too. I don't know Harry like you do. I do know he's a GREAT GUY and I respect his methods and know many have indeed been able to jump at .5mg with his help. But I think that was some time ago. Maybe a few months ago. But we continue to learn how to improve everything. That's what I try to do anyway. In my job change is always the mission. to make things better, easier. That's why I reduced by .25mg instead of 25% when I was down to 2mg. It really was VERY easy and worked for ME. Might work well for others too. Time will tell I guess.

Some will say I should NOT have done it THAT way. Might not work or be best for some, but for ME it really was. Changing the "sub plan" was ok for me.

No problem with ANYONE jumping or skipping at .5mg. EVER!!! If they're 100% READY to do so.

Thanks for all you do here Iloerose. I respect you immensly also!

Thank you too Harry.

-Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-14-2015 at 11:01 AM.

LOL....I Dunno WHY ya'll keep sayin we're "arguing", or that ya'll dont wanna undermine me and all that....Yes, I firmly believe that .5 is a good "Jumping Point", as did Robert....but if you read back, in almost every post I say "If ya need to go Lower....by all means GO LOWER"!!! Listen to your Body!!!!! And in the same paragraphs I also say almost everyone I have worked with jumped at .5mg.......so Im pretty much open to whatever it takes to get CLEAN, which is why we ALL are here right? No one is Arguing....And Rose, youve known me a LONG time, and you KNOW I'm just a Big Puppy Dog! LOL.....DOnt have a Mean Bone in my Body!!! Well.....until ya cross me! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAA
    But no ones arguing ya'll, so lets drop the "Arguing Thing" ok???? LOL (See....Im Laughing!!!!! )

Hey, Hope just wanted to say hi....and let you know I haven't gone A wall! Not feeling the greatest today had to go slightly back up to 1.8 instead of 1.3. I guess I am pushing to hard. I will try a smaller step for at least a week, then try the 1.3 again. Your Buddy Jeep!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast