Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes
Questions about my Suboxone withdrawl
    DDAVE45 is offline Member

hope.......also remember that the 25% is not set in stone....you can also reduce by 10% or 15%....just make sure you are stable...and be consistent your dosing. Do not feel like you have to rush this....take your time and your body will thank you.
    Randy35 likes this.

Hoping4theBest is offline Junior Member

Hi Everybody!

As I've said before my plan is to jump off 0.5mg BUT I have also said more than once that my body will know if I'm ready at that point and that I will go lower if I feel that I need to, and I will. Yes, I did say that I want this over with, but I did not mean that I am trying to speed it up. Who dosn't want it over with when they finally decide they want to stop for good? lol! I can see how I may have caused you all to think that I'm rushing through, but I'm not. If there is anything that I've learned from this forum it is to listen to what your body is telling you, and I am doing that. I'm sick right now, I'm listening to my body and I am going to stay on 3mg until I get over this crud. Then I will go down another 25%. Heck, if I wanted to rush through this I probably would have already jumped like I did before at 4mg. Like I said though, I realized that didn't work for me. I'll know when I get to 0.5mg wheather I am ready. If I need to I'll go down to crumbs to powder, lol!. I want to do this right guys. I really do. I promise.

Thank you all for caring about my wellbeing! I'm listening to everything you guys have to say. I could not do this without any of you.

-Hope
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep2001 View Post
    Hey, Hope just wanted to say hi....and let you know I haven't gone A wall! Not feeling the greatest today had to go slightly back up to 1.8 instead of 1.3. I guess I am pushing to hard. I will try a smaller step for at least a week, then try the 1.3 again. Your Buddy Jeep!
    Hey jeep! I would never think you would go a wall. I hate that you are not feeling the best right now. Going back up is okay. You're doing a great job! One step at a time. I know that it had to be discouraging to you to have to do but it's just going to take us a while. We've got nothing but time, right? lol! I know how you feel, I'm having to stay at 3mg while bc I am sick (upper respiratory infection), but I know it won't last forever and I will be able to make my next drop. I'm okay waiting though in the meantime. We've got to think about our health first. I'm proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work!

-Hope

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about the respiratory infection.... Yuck! That's no fun! Just take care of yourself and get better before making any more drops. Slow and steady here wins the race!

I'm planning on dropping down to .5mg on Monday and I will let you know how I feel once I get there. Not that our journeys or symptoms would be exactly the same but I'll give you my own personal opinion on whether I feel like I could handle a jump there or not. In no way will I try to persuade you either way though, I promise! I am planning to go down to .25mg or below but that's always been part of my plan.

Are you feeling good on 3mg at the moment?

I, and everybody else, will be here to support you, your journey, and your plans no matter what! I really hope you're feeling better soon.

Take care, Hope! Ttyl.

-Renee

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4theBest View Post
    Hi Everybody!

As I've said before my plan is to jump off 0.5mg BUT I have also said more than once that my body will know if I'm ready at that point and that I will go lower if I feel that I need to, and I will. Yes, I did say that I want this over with, but I did not mean that I am trying to speed it up. Who dosn't want it over with when they finally decide they want to stop for good? lol! I can see how I may have caused you all to think that I'm rushing through, but I'm not. If there is anything that I've learned from this forum it is to listen to what your body is telling you, and I am doing that. I'm sick right now, I'm listening to my body and I am going to stay on 3mg until I get over this crud. Then I will go down another 25%. Heck, if I wanted to rush through this I probably would have already jumped like I did before at 4mg. Like I said though, I realized that didn't work for me. I'll know when I get to 0.5mg wheather I am ready. If I need to I'll go down to crumbs to powder, lol!. I want to do this right guys. I really do. I promise.

Thank you all for caring about my wellbeing! I'm listening to everything you guys have to say. I could not do this without any of you.

-Hope
    That's very wise remaining on 3mg until you feel much better. Good for you. Whether you jump from .5mg or decide to go lower just make certain you're completely stable before reducing. Just like now. Plan on spending 4 days on each dose. If you're ready after those 4 days go ahead and drop the dose. If not then stay where you are a day or two longer. It makes a huge difference to be stable before reducing.

-Randy
    Hoping4theBest likes this.

jeep2001 is offline Member

I herd there is a bad flu going around be careful. Hope you sleep good tonight. I know I will, been another rough week but the weekend is near. later jeep

Quote Originally Posted by rennie86 View Post
    Hey! I'm sorry to hear about the respiratory infection.... Yuck! That's no fun! Just take care of yourself and get better before making any more drops. Slow and steady here wins the race!

I'm planning on dropping down to .5mg on Monday and I will let you know how I feel once I get there. Not that our journeys or symptoms would be exactly the same but I'll give you my own personal opinion on whether I feel like I could handle a jump there or not. In no way will I try to persuade you either way though, I promise! I am planning to go down to .25mg or below but that's always been part of my plan.

Are you feeling good on 3mg at the moment?

I, and everybody else, will be here to support you, your journey, and your plans no matter what! I really hope you're feeling better soon.

Take care, Hope! Ttyl.

-Renee
    Hi Renee!

Happy to hear from you! Yes, this repiratory infection is definatley a bump in the road, but that's okay. I've got nothing but time, Lol! It's kind of hard to tell right now because I am running a low grade fever from this crud, but....I think I'm adjusting to the 3mg pretty well. My joints aren't hurting and my legs aren't restless at night so I guess that's a good sign. I'll be able to tell much better once I'm over this stuff.

I hope your drop goes well, and yes please let me know how you feel on 0.5mg. I agree with you, everyone is different. Thank you for understanding that and supporting me. I'll be there for you any time you need me too. Good luck on Monday!

-Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    That's very wise remaining on 3mg until you feel much better. Good for you. Whether you jump from .5mg or decide to go lower just make certain you're completely stable before reducing. Just like now. Plan on spending 4 days on each dose. If you're ready after those 4 days go ahead and drop the dose. If not then stay where you are a day or two longer. It makes a huge difference to be stable before reducing.

-Randy
    I will most definitely will make sure that I am stable before I go down to a lower dose. I want to do this as smooth as possible. Thanks for keeping an eye on me, and caring!

-Hope

Quote Originally Posted by jeep2001 View Post
    I herd there is a bad flu going around be careful. Hope you sleep good tonight. I know I will, been another rough week but the weekend is near. later jeep
    Hey Jeep!

Sorry you had such a rough week! Maybe you will have an amazing weekend to make up for it. I sure hope so! Yes, I live in Virginia and the flu is terrible here right now. Fortunately, they tested me for the flu and it came back negative! Whoo-Hoo. What a relief that was. I was mainly worried about my daughter getting it. I knew if I had it, then she would get it. It all worked out though. Thank God!

Keep me posted on your progress!

-Hope

How are you feeling? I'm just chill in today..I feel really really anxious, don't really know why, I think it is from all the stress at work. I have been going back and forth from 1.3 to 1.8 the last couple days. I am really going to give it my best to get to 1.3 this week. Then stay there for at least a couple weeks. NO HURRY, LESS WORRY! Ha I came up with that all myself, Maybe I should right my own NA book lol.

Jeep

I hate to hear that you are so stressed out. I have all the faith in the world that you will be able to stay at 1.3 this week. Don't let work get to you. I don't know exactly what's stressing you out at work(and it's none of my business) but I know what stresses me out: co-workers, bosses w/ superiority complexes, long hours, and my least favorite: GOSSIP, oh how I hate gossip. I really could care less who is doing what and with whom and how ofter and where and why. People have no lives! Lol! I've got better things to worry about! Sorry, those are my pet peeves for work. Haha!

Anyways, You are doing GREAT, and btw I like your saying: "No hurry, Less worry!" That's pretty clever! Maybe you should write a book. Lol!

I'm actually starting to feel better. I think it's about time to go down again! I'm going to wait a few more days though to make sure I'm completely over this. Btw, I'm going to the NA meeting this evening. I'll let you know how it goes!

-Hope

Hey Hope! How have you been feeling?

Yes thats what is bothering me, I guess I don't have to explain it..You no how I feel. I know however that the real problem is probably me. I am very easily agitated lately, from minor sub withdraw. Any how I'm finding that "Idle Hands are the Devils Candy" lately so I feel like I have to do something. In the past I have used exercise (wait lifting) to fill the void so I am going to try it out again. I would like to return to my old homegroup for NA again but night shift this week anyway maybe I can work something out for next time I am on days. Anyway...How are you doing? Are you read for step 3? How is your belly coming along? Did you check out that site for daily meditations?....."God protect my friend Hope and give her the strength she needs to make good decisions for her and her family" Later Hope god bless

For fun tomorrow Hope, Since I have been so grumpy and stressed tapering down. Lets have fun and practice some good Karma. May be you can let me know when it helped you get trough your day.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

I find I am easily agitated with just about everything..... particularly football at the moment... but work, chores, responsibilities in general. It's all harder when your mind is trying to clear the fog. It is achievable. I am rooting for you!

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday. I'm feeling a lot better now so I think I'm ready for 2.25mg. Root for me guys. I'm starting to get anxious for some reason. I guess I'm looking too far ahead, is all. I've heard it takes like a year to start getting energy again/feel relatively normal? Is this true?

Oh I went to the NA meeting Sunday night. It was not at all what I expected. First of all, this particular group was very unorganized and unprofessional. Also, the majority of the other ppl there were there because they had to be, and let it be known. I knew quite a few (small town, remember). They just wanted to get out so they could get high and even invited me to join them. I told them that I was there because I actually WANTED the help. They were nice about it and all but it was hard to turn the invitation down. I did it though...YAY! I know I will have to deal with situations like this for the rest of my life because I am an addict, but my thought on this is: Do I really want to subject myself to it every week...? I dont know if I want to go back or not. I am just disapointed. I haven't decided what to do yet? Any suggestions guys?!!!! Btw, It's the only NA group within a reasonable driving distance...I may just stick to these forums for support.

Jeep, I am ready for the next step please post it! Also, LOVE the karma idea. I am a firm believer. I'll let you know how it goes. I loved the "daily meditations" btw!

In all the last couple of days have just been stressful/confusing/frustrating, but I'm gonna keep on trucking! Lol! I'll be that much stronger because of it. I'll keep you guys posted!

-Hope
    jeep2001 likes this.

Sorry to hear you had such a >>>>>> time at NA, that really disappoints me! I am surprised that the senior members of the group would let that happen. Do not go back there, not all groups are good. If they do not have good sponsors with at least 1 year of sobriety, the group will harm you more then help you. That I guess is why we have a home group. Stay here with us hope, I am sorry to lead you to a bunch of lowlifes. The can be hit and miss. Thats why I said find a group with at least 50. That way the senior members have laid down the law of NA and got rid of the rif raf. I will post the next step when I get home from work tonight, I am not feeling so well right now, trying to hold off on dosin till work at 5. Dizzy and confused but very determined. I was clean once from oxy in the last 8 years for about 6 months. Yes it is hard but slowly gets better! You have alot to look forward to. The first time you feel good being off you will know you made the right decision! Oh ya Hope check out the movie Escabar when you get the chance it is realy good! May God be with you....your friend Jeep.

STEP THREE
    "We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over
    to the care of God as we understood Him."

As addicts, we turned our will and our lives over many times
    to a destructive power. Our will and our lives were controlled
    by drugs. We were trapped by our need for instant gratification
    that drugs gave us. During that time, our total being - body,
    mind and spirit-was dominated by drugs. For a time, it was
    pleasurable, then the euphoria began to wear off and we saw the
    ugly side of addiction. We found that the higher our drugs took
    us, the lower they brought us. We faced two choices: either we
    suffered the pain of withdrawal or took more drugs.

For all of us, the day came when there was no longer a choice;
    we had to use. Having given our will and lives to our addiction,
    in utter desperation, we looked for another way. In Narcotics
    Anonymous, we decide to turn our will and our lives over to the
    care of God as we understand Him. This is a giant step. We don't
    have to be religious; anyone can take this step. All that is required
    is willingness. All that is essential is that we open the door to
    a Power greater than ourselves.

Our concept of God comes not from dogma but from what
    we believe and from what works for us. Many of us understand
    God to be simply whatever force keeps us clean. The right to a
    God of your understanding is total and without any catches.
    Because we have this right, it is necessary to be honest about our
    belief if we are to grow spiritually.

We found that all we needed to do was try. When we gave our
    best effort, the program worked for us as it has worked for countless
    others. The Third Step does not say, 'We turned our will and
    our lives over to the care of God:' It says, "We made a decision
    to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we
    understood Him." We made the decision; it was not made for us
    by the drugs, our families, a probation officer, judge, therapist
    or doctor. We made it! For the first time since that first high, we
    have made a decision for ourselves.

The word decision implies action. This decision is based on
    faith. We have only to believe that the miracle that we see
    working in the lives of clean addicts can happen to any addict
    with the desire to change. We simply realize there is a force for
    spiritual growth that can help us become more tolerant, patient,
    and useful in helping others. Many of us have said, "Take my
    will and my life. Guide me in my recovery. Show me how to live:'
    The relief of "letting go and letting God" helps us develop a life
    that is worth living.

Surrendering to the will of our Higher Power gets easier with
    daily practice. When we honestly try, it works. Many of us start
    our day with a simple request for guidance from our Higher
    Power.

Although we know that "turning it over" works, we may still
    take our will and life back. We may even get angry because God
    permits it. At times during our recovery, the decision to ask for
    God's help is our greatest source of strength and courage. We
    cannot make this decision often enough. We surrender quietly,
    and let the God of our understanding take care of us.

At first, our heads reeled with the questions: "What will
    happen when I turn my life over? Will I become 'perfect'?" We
    may have been more realistic than this. Some of us had to turn
    to an experienced N.A. member and ask, "What was it like for
    you?" The answer will vary from member to member. Most of
    us feel open-mindedness, willingness and surrender are the keys
    to this step.

We have surrendered our will and our lives to the care of a
    Power greater than ourselves. If we are thorough and sincere,
    we will notice a change for the better. Our fears are lessened,
    and faith begins to grow as we learn the true meaning of
    surrender. We are no longer fighting fear, anger, guilt, self-pity
    or depression. We realize that the Power that brought us to this
    program is still with us and will continue to guide us if we allow
    It. We are slowly beginning to lose the paralyzing fear of hopelessness.
    The proof of this step is shown in the way we live.

We have come to enjoy living clean and want more of the good
    things that the N.A. Fellowship holds for us. We know now that
    we cannot pause in our spiritual program; we want all that we
    can get.

We are now ready for our first honest self-appraisal, and we
    begin with Step Four.

This can be a bit hard to grasp at first, read it over a few times and ask yourself......What is
    God to me. For me its all the good things in life, joy, happyness, love, honesty. Anyway late for work got to run. Talk to you later..

We are all rooting for you! I'm happy or you too!

You could try AA if you didn't like the NA meeting. I found that I liked the AA meetings in my area better than NA. There are more AA meetings and more people that attend them. There are plenty of addicts as well as alcoholics who attend AA also.

The forum is good too! When do you plan on making your drop to 2.25? You got this!

-Renee

Hey Hope! Haven't heard from you in a while. Everything okay? I hope you can drop by and give us an update!

-Renee

Hope hun I hope you are Ok, I am praying for you! Jeep

disappointedagain is offline New Member

Jeep. I was on everything from vicodin to oxys for over 12yrs. "Stupid doctors, dont trust them!" My doctor cut me off instead of weakening me. So I took orders In my own hands. I found suboxdone and a dr who scripted me. This medicine seemed like a godsend. Little did I know this med was just as bad as oxys. He kept me on "maintenance" for 10yrs. I begged to be weened for years to no avail. I soon changed dr and begged to be weened. I went from 3-8mg strips all the way to 1/16 of a strip every other day. Well sub stays active in ur system for 72 hours so that fakes u into thinking ur doing great. Then it comes on. ALL the terrible symptoms as mentioned on this site. I begged my dr that I needed rls cripted to me. Pointless !! Again im on day 7 the hardest is deffinetly rsl. Ive noticed most ppl want to suggest that's u take 12 vitamins,if u can aford it, great. Give it a go. Believe me im looking for the magic position. My days are commonly getting better but the nights are furosious! Good look to all. Use heating pads and stay away from caffiene!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123