Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
Questions, about my withdrawal
    rainbowpoots is offline Member

Default Questions, about my withdrawal

Hello, I'm a 25 yo female, I been using percocet heavily 90-120 mg a day again, I decided Sunday was my last day I took 45 mg of hydrocodone that day my last dose 10 mg at 8pm Sunday night. Its Tuesday 9 am I'm decent right now because I took clonidine. Half of a .1 and a small amount of kratom. Still is pretty bad though. I used for 7 months this time. Yes, I've tried getting sober before, I've wound up back here, this is the last detox I Have in me, I can't anymore. Its almost seems worse every time... does anyone have any clue when my worst is over? What is a good way to get it going? Any tips, idea's? I can't eat, or sleep. I'm nauseous and hot, sweaty.
    lexopapyx7 and WantToBeFree72 like this.

Anyone? I just need help...

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

rainbow,

Welcome to the forum.

Google the Thomas Recipe for Opiate withdrawal. A lot of people on this site use the supplements recommended there, except most would say to try to stay away from the Valium/ benzodiazepines.

I have detoxed off of perc in the past, however, much higher dosage than what you are jumping from. For me, the worst days were 3 and 4, and started improving on day 5.

I want to post this quick so you can possibly look up the Thomas Recipe and try to get some of the supplements on there.

A big help for you would be immodium, even if you are not having bathroom issues, people on here swear by it.

Post often, it really does help. Sometimes, it takes a bit for others to respond especially during the working hours.

People will see you posting and they will help.

I'll watch for updates.

Forward and Onward Troops!
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

I've been using Thomas kinda
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

honestabe062389 is offline New Member

You're not alone in this struggle honey!! What we cant do by ourselves we can surely do together. Im working on getting off opiates as well. I recommend going to NA. Its helped me tremendously. There i have met sober people who have been thru the same if not worse. They WILL help you. Ive made many mew sober friends thru the program. Dont try to do it alone. Just keep posting and talking about it. It helps alot. I saw your post and I had to create an account because I really wanted to reply to you. I look forward to hearing back from you!!

Be strong.
    Pixiepoxie and lexopapyx7 like this.

I just feel lifeless and fuzzy, just zero energy, showering and walking just feel exhausting
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

I went outside sat n swung my boy, for a bit that took it out of me back in bed, can't eat still, can't sleep. I feel useless 44 hours in...when will I want to get up?? The kratom helps and so does colindine but they aren't magic
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Clonidine makes me tired and groggy with dry mouth I don't like it much, low dose kratom helps off n on... im using a multivitamin with ltyrosine and potasium pill, along with nausea medication. Im just so exhausted
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Just be careful using drugs to get off drugs. I know the clonidine is used often to manage withdrawl symptoms. Are you prescribed? Anyway You should be feeling better in a few days. By this time next week you will be living a new life. Once you are over the 'hump' things will start to look brighter. There is light at the end of the tunnel for you! Dont give up.

Do you have anyone that you can lean on? I mean someone that actually gets it like a sober support
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Yes my doc has prescribed the clonidine. And also yes a have a very supportive fiancé as well.
    WantToBeFree72 and lexopapyx7 like this.

rainbow,

Glad to see you still posting. You are doing great! Keep on going.

Are you drinking plenty of fluid? The clonidine will drop your blood pressure a little and of course being hydrated helps in so many ways.

When I detoxed off short acting opiates, days 3 and 4 were the toughest, and then on day 5 it started slowly improving! You are coming off of much lower doses and you are probably in the middle of the worst of it.

Hang on and hang in...you only have to do this ONE TIME if you do it right.

Try hot baths as often as you can, they really do help.

I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Forward and Onward Troops!

tilesetter67 is offline Junior Member

Im currently on my morning of day 8. I find sleep comes and goes and we have to take good with bad. The best thing for me is to stay active. I get its hard trust me i sink into my bed or couch for what seems to be eternity so i avoid it all day. When home im cleaning doing things i shouldve been for past decade and i get out for the smallest things and just go slow. I feel blessed and confused as to how ive managed to get threw the psst 7 days but they are getting better just stay true to yourself and remember this is your last day 2

Its day 3, I stopped taking The kratum, just because it wasn't all that great anyway and haven't taken any clonidine since last night it's pretty bad today, I'm losing my mind, please tell me im almost there. Its so hard. ... it's hard to be positive or move.
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

I went outside played a little Frisbee with our dog. My lord it took it out of me
    lexopapyx7 and Pixiepoxie like this.

And, back in bed. I think the clonidine has given me short breath and lethargy . No more of that....at all I'm at 64 aprox. Hours so I'm almost over the worst
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Back, question I was prescribed .1 clonidine I've been told take twice a day but I've not really done it this way only at night to sleep I've taken maybe 4 or 5 all together. Since Sunday evening when they started people say taper off it but if I'm not really taking it normal or long so think I'd be okay? Just to stop
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Very jittery achy legs/ back. Hot and cold chills.... but I'm sitting in my living room... with my family barely alive by that I mean foggy.... but other then that feeling alright .... where is everyone?

notrecognizable is offline New Member

Groan...can barely type and I'm only on a taper! You are doing so well and cuz I have done this before I can assure you that the legs- Ithink mine have been run over by truck-- and sweats are the sign that you are in the thick of it--which means you will feel better, as in less achy, soon maybe even tomorrow! Have you tried hot baths? They have saved me in the past but if you are prone to UTIs take hot shower instead. Also walks help as does fresh night air. Also! Gentle stretches and rubs help and actually feel good. What a concept, to feel good. Is the other thing you are taking valium?
    Must drag me out for walk. Hang in!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

We are here..
    I think if you started a thread on the need to talk board you would get more support..
    It is a busier thread..
    The hylands restless legs help for leg and arm issues..
    Since you are only taking the clonidine at night I think you will be ok to just stop it..
    Any little activity will get your endorphins flowing again
    Laughing
    Chocolate
    Sex
    Extra protein
    Exercise
    Feeling a sense of accomplishment ..
    All those " normal" things people do when not on opiates get the natural high of endorphins going..
    We who have been blocking those natural endorphins have to start all over again

We really do have everything we need inside of us the key is to let it flow..
    You are doing great!
    You will be through the worst by tomorrow
    Usuall days 3-4 are the worst
    So hang tough!
    Soon this will be a memory!
    Just imagine the people who are getting inspired by your thread!
    That is awesome..
    Take care
    Bette

Well it end of day 3 and I'm on the couch having a root beer float (sounded great) and I ate French toast for dinner right Now my only issues are chills and rls, but hoping tonight I can get a few hours of sleep. I don't have another wd in me.... this is it!!!! My third time!!! My last!!!! Im 100% ready and im so close, o cant give up.
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by notrecognizable View Post
    Groan...can barely type and I'm only on a taper! You are doing so well and cuz I have done this before I can assure you that the legs- Ithink mine have been run over by truck-- and sweats are the sign that you are in the thick of it--which means you will feel better, as in less achy, soon maybe even tomorrow! Have you tried hot baths? They have saved me in the past but if you are prone to UTIs take hot shower instead. Also walks help as does fresh night air. Also! Gentle stretches and rubs help and actually feel good. What a concept, to feel good. Is the other thing you are taking valium?
    I have klonopin, I guess it's like Valium
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by notrecognizable View Post
    Ohhh the kratom? No, it's a plant root that helps block or opiod recepter acts like an opiat but I've done much research it doesn't have opiates in it. I liked it, really helped Much better then the clonidine. I was too drowsy to function on clonidine the kratom gave me some energy to get up shower. Very small amounts of it... I took a couple capsules every few hours
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I don't know if you read my post.
    But if started a thread on the Need to talk board there is more traffic..
    Bette
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Keep hanging in there rainbow!!!
    You're an inspiration to people like me. I wanna get off suboxone sooooooo badly. Im waiting to get into detox. The life on the other side is better than any drug or drink can ever provide. Think of it this way, it may take a week or two to detox and recover but it'll be the rest of your life to be free! And i mean free. Break the chains loose. Take back your life and have real choices in it, not just whether to use now or to use later. Always remember you're not alone. I know you can do it. I know we can do it.

Dont give up!!d
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    I don't know if you read my post.
    But if started a thread on the Need to talk board there is more traffic..
    Bette
    I saw it I dunno how to get there, it's early can't sleep for anything took tylenol but my legss won't stop I'm basically praying to fall asleep at this point
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Okay legs won't stop chills hot sweats sucks so bad
    lexopapyx7 likes this.

Wow..... seriously what in the hell
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowpoots View Post
    Wow..... seriously what in the hell
    rainbow,

click on the little exclamation mark on bottom left and report them...I just did....

I have twice
    Pixiepoxie likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast