Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes
Quick Sub taper
    DarthSater is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Congratulations on day5 another day clean&sober. Stay strong one day at a time. You can do this.
    Thank you!!! Day 5 in the books now. Physical symptoms have been minor at worst. I think taking the Subs for only 2 weeks in such tiny ever decreasing doses was the key. I only spent one day in bed and that was day 1 off Oxycodone and Day 1 of the Subs.

For me the 20mg of Suboxone (over the course of two weeks) probably saved my life and family and career. I have never been opiate free this long. And I've never had such minor withdrawals before. The severe WD's were the reason I always replapsed in the past.

I think I might make it this time. Feeling better and better by the hour. Love it.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

You're doing great DarthSater! Just keep hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. It takes a bit of time to start really getting your energy back, but it will happen. Just have to keep at it, just like you're doing!!

Almost through 1 week. Little bit of aches today and chills. Nothing major though. Still going.
    DravenDomnq and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSater View Post
    Almost through 1 week. Little bit of aches today and chills. Nothing major though. Still going.
    Great job! Keep it up! Stay hydrated, drink lots of water and Gatorade. Avoid caffeine for a good month or so! Happy holidays... God bless us all!

One week and 1 day now. Feeling great! Energy is slowly coming back. Minor issues at worst. I dodged a big bullet with using Suboxone for 2 weeks to get off my oxy habit. I have emotions again. Suboxone saved my life.

Bottom line. If you can withstand some minor symptoms for 2 weeks; and have the will power a quick Suboxone taper can be of use. I'm so happy now.

Merry Christmas to all. Thanks everyone.
    Lvg nghtmare and DravenDomnq like this.

annie trainoff is offline New Member

Wow, I guess I should have explained myself better. I was prescribed Subs for 6 yrs too long and started to develop all kinds of disturbing symptoms. Ended up in ER 2 times even. I was scared to death knowing very well it was the drug and knew I had to stop, but obviously couldn't quit cold turkey. Got with a reputable pain doc who quickly took me off and switched me to a shorter acting opiod Sept 1st. The plan was to switch and then taper. What I meant to convey that switching from Sub to ANY other opiod is hell. Believe me, I do not bounce back and forth between the 2. I dont even have a script for the Sub., nor would I want it. Yes, you were certainly correct in saying that Sub works well, if prescribed properly. In my case, however, it was not. Even up until now, and its been 4 mos since switching opiods, my body, or receptor have been unable to fully accept the different med. There are days when I still feel a mild sense of withdrawal, which I have come to understand that this is common. To sum up, my particular case with Sub was, and still continues to be a struggle because of how it was prescribed.

Quote Originally Posted by annie trainoff View Post
    Wow, I guess I should have explained myself better. I was prescribed Subs for 6 yrs too long and started to develop all kinds of disturbing symptoms. Ended up in ER 2 times even. I was scared to death knowing very well it was the drug and knew I had to stop, but obviously couldn't quit cold turkey. Got with a reputable pain doc who quickly took me off and switched me to a shorter acting opiod Sept 1st. The plan was to switch and then taper. What I meant to convey that switching from Sub to ANY other opiod is hell. Believe me, I do not bounce back and forth between the 2. I dont even have a script for the Sub., nor would I want it. Yes, you were certainly correct in saying that Sub works well, if prescribed properly. In my case, however, it was not. Even up until now, and its been 4 mos since switching opiods, my body, or receptor have been unable to fully accept the different med. There are days when I still feel a mild sense of withdrawal, which I have come to understand that this is common. To sum up, my particular case with Sub was, and still continues to be a struggle because of how it was prescribed.
    Im sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like a horrible feeling. I pray for you.

I had a different experience. I only had access to 20 mg of Suboxone total but needed to get off my oxy habit. It really did work. Thinking back to how I felt on Dec 10 til now is night and day really. I've been off OXY since Dec 5 (21 days) and Suboxone for over 8 days now.

My withdrawals were minor mostly. Anxiety, Rls, Chills etc but not all at once. Lethargy and mild depression is worst of it now. But I'm clean and don't expect to get any worse WD.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

annie trainoff is offline New Member

So glad to know that you are doing better now, and thanks for the prayers! Happy New Year!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Going on day 12 no subs and day 23 no oxy. Feeling much better now. Only thing left is unregular movements and fatigue off and on. Occasional chill.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default DarthSader

Can you update us little worried have not heard from you just read your post it takes awhile to get past everything involved with this eg. depression bad sleep lethargy but they do pass you should be done with withdrawals for the most part by now, but dont let the lingering things take you back, they will pass too stay strong and give us a update good or otherwise.

Glad to update you. Physical WD's were few and far between. The quick Suboxone taper worked wonders for me. I am not suggesting that it is a cure all or for everyone though. For me, I had minor symptoms for a few days. Nothing I couldn't handle.

The anxiety and depression and lethargy are the only lingering issues and are mostly psychosomatic, i believe. I am feeling better every day. I am still dealing with other issues now. However, I am not in bad shape. I am hoping that I get my zest and zip back soon. But, I am NEVER going back on those little blue devils. I just about ruined my life and the life for my family as well.

I am DONE. I dodged a bullet with physical symptoms. At worst it was diarrhea, some chills, and aches in body. This was all helped with immodium, advil, and Ambien.

I am sleeping much better now. Last night, I slept 8 hrs straight. No waking up etc. . .

Once I get my drive back and zest for life, I will be 100%. As for now, I am dragging a bit.

For those that don't know I had access to only 20mg of Suboxone strips after many years of an oxy habit. I decided to stop the oxy. Last day I took any oxy was Dec 5. Last day for Subs was 12 days ago.

I took subs like this.

Cut the strips into small .5 mg pieces.
    Day 1-4 took minimum that I could. .5 in the am and .5 mid day and ,5 at night.
    day 4-6 I cut the strips up again and took them only when I felt awful.
    Day 6-10. cut up again and took micro doses.
    Day 10 Jumped.

Day 11-present (12 days total) felt minor issues. The worst is anxiety, chills on occasion, and lethargy/depression.

Every day is better and better. . . . I am out of the woods now for physical WD's and have zero cravings. I need to focus on getting my life in order again.

I hope people can realize that Suboxone, if done for a short time and done right, can work out. It did for me and I am never looking back!!!!

God bless all who read this. If you are struggling like I was, there is hope. You can do it if I can. I am a wuss.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well. It's coming up on close to 2 weeks now since I did the quick sub taper and 25 days clean of oxycodone. I must say it's all going well. Each day is better than the previous. Still some very very minor symptoms. Diarrhea only real issue. Some depression and lethargy. Occasional sneezing. But nothing I can't handle or that would keep me down. The lethargy and depression are the most bothersome.

I think I'm out of the woods. I'm never going back
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thought I'd update here. 30 days now no oxy and 18 days off Subs. Still not 100%. Mental issues mostly. Motivation is low. But still each day seems better than previous.

A few days ago I was so sore like I just did 100 squats. That resolved in a day or so. Still an occasional chill and sweating at night whilst sleeping.

No real cravings or anything. Dealing with daily stresses are harder now. Anxiety ramps up from even minor things.

Am I recovering normally?
    Rachelle1stbb and DravenDomnq like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Your doing amazing DarthSater proud of you..
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Thank you so much!!! I think I'm going to make it. I hope.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

You're going to make it DarthSater, you're doing great! Everything you're asking about is normal, and we all just have to go through it at our own pace. We all metabolize things differently so recovery varies, but the anxiety and other mental stuff is normal. You're doing fantastic, so just keep doing what you're doing!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey DartSater checking in how are you doing

Its been 21 days no Suboxone. And 33 days no oxycodone. I don't know if I am getting a cold or sick in some way but today is not great. I have diahrrhea again and this fog in my head that wont go away. What the heck? Anxiety is creeping back up too. I am getting a bit frustrated.

I must admit that I am thinking of taking a 5 mg of oxy just to feel ok for a short while. I only have access to one. I don't want to do this. But I am at my wits end. I thought that I'd be done with WD's by this point.

I am not going to take anything. . . . But it is how I feel right now. . . just want to be done with this.

Rachelle1stbb is offline Member

Hey Dsater, I have read your posts and what you've been through and most importantly how far you've come. Be proud of yourself because detox is one of the absolute hardest things anyone can go through not everyone makes it to the other side either. I just wanted to chime in and say No do not take an oxy even if it's 5mg, it will only lead you right back to the beginning and you'll end up feeling guilty if you did take it. I know it feels like you should be totally back to yourself but your just now over one month, it takes a bit for our bodies and all the chemicals in our brains to balance back out after what we put it through. You may have a few days where you're not feeling so great but other days where you do feel great. Eventually it'll gain a balance and you won't have anymore >>>>>> days. I battled with a heavy pain pill addiction and turned to methadone for 6yrs, came off the methadone and felt great but I had also started an addiction to 8mg of Xanax a day which took me over a year to taper off and feel well afterwards. I'm not saying this will take you a year that was benzos for me. I failed and relapsed two years later with pain pills again and here I am doing a subutex taper. I'm almost in the clear with that and I can relate to just wanting it to be over and done with. I promise you it will be sooner than you think. Hang in there ok..

Hello DarthSater hang in there it gets easier. I didn't post anything for 21 days I felt like I was dying. I promise this will pass. I to thought if I take just one pill I would feel better, than caught myself read post after post all the threads on here, realized if I took that pill I would feel good for a bit than have to repeat the last 21 days over. Stay strong keep posting and before you know it each day gets alittle easier. Take one day at a time...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Better today. Just so lazy. Didn't take anything and won't. But would taking 1 really send me back to day one? Just curious as to physiology of that.

Don't worry. I'm not taking anything.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Anonymous Guest

[QUOTE=DarthSater;521115]Better today. Just so lazy. Didn't take anything and won't. But would taking 1 really send me back to day one? Just curious as to physiology of that.

Don't worry. I'm not taking anything.

Taking just one probably wouldn't send your body back to the physical wd's but it's gonna for sure play mind games with you. Then the next day it's gonna be just one, and a few days after that another and eventually it's enough for the physical wd's to start over. You've come this far and if I were you I, wouldn't mess that up. I'm at day 57 and some days I still feel lazier than others but not once have I felt, I needed to take a piece of sub to cure that. The days of feeling lazy are few and far between the longer you go without. The first 30 days or so the laziness was at it's peak for me, but it will get better for sure. Just try to do anything that will keep your mind off of the subs. You got this dude.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Thanks for the reply. Still going strong. Depression and laziness is all I'm dealing with.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I'm still going. 33 days no oxy and 23 days no subs. I was addicted to oxy solidly for 5-6 years. I'm beginning to think that one needs a week for every year addicted to feel normal. Not sure. But I'm going on 5 weeks now sans oxy and getting so much better. Mentally and physically.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12