Quitting Norco 10/325 cold turkey
    skb89 is offline New Member

Default Quitting Norco 10/325 cold turkey

I've been lurking on these boards for months and I have read a lot of good information here. Today I am going ct off Norco 10/325's. I took my last 9 yesterday so today I am expecting the "hell" to start. I have most of the ingredients for The Thomas Recipe except the benzo so I thought I'd just substitute Visteril because that's all I have. I had a taper all planned when I got my last prescription but I (being an addict) was not disciplined enough to stick to it. I have been in rehab many times so I know what's coming is not fun but I'm miserable worrying about these pills running out all the time. I'm trying to remain positive but I'm already psyching myself up for the worst. Any suggestions of anything else to help would be great.

Thanks,
    Susan

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Susan,

Welcome. I just noticed your post from yesterday. Best wishes and stay strong. Check in and let us know that you're still on board with your final Day 1. Five days and hopefully by now you have one just about done. Keep reading and posting your updates. It helps. I'd spend hours here both during my c/t detox and for the days/weeks that followed. No matter how miserable I was, reading here would pass the time more quickly and would keep me inspired and on track. Let's hear how you're doing.

Peace,

Cat

skb89 is offline New Member

Sorry I haven't posted again since I quit the evil pills. I have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of withdrawal symptoms I have experienced since my last dose early Wednesday morning! It has been about 50 hours since I dosed and I have been fine. I am taking Imodium and vitamins and I am taking Remeron 15mg that I am prescribed. I slept fine and the usual horrible anxiety and panic attacks have not even started. I have done this before and had all the horrible symptoms that are described on these boards, but either the loperamide and Thomas Recipe ingredients are working or something is? Either way I'm shocked and relieved. I'm a bad opiate addict and have suffered thru horrific withdraw in the past so I'm totally shocked. Hope maybe someone else can get relief like I did on these boards.

Thanks for the response Cat! Looks like I'm going to make it thanks to you ppl posting on here. Life savers indeed!!!

Susan