Results 1 to 11 of 11
Quitting oxycodone for a 300-400mg daily user
  1. #1
    RD0417 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default Quitting oxycodone for a 300-400mg daily user

    I am planning to begin my detox and quit oxycodone. I currently use 300-400mg daily and have gone as high as 600mg (20 30mg pills). i have been on oxycodone since June 2013 and my current prescription is for 120mg daily. i realize my conditions are permanent and this stuff is useless. i can find alternative ways t handle pain and i want to go that route. that being said, i am sure the quitting oxy for me since i am now taking so damn much, will be not so easy.

    anyway, any tips and pointers appreciated.

    i figure a week or two of misery and then i should be on my way to natural and clean.

  2. #2
    crazyfrog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default

    One word. Loperamide. When you hit wd, take a huge amount. Like 72mg. Use at your own risk but never heard of someone getting ill from it. Get the pills not the gel tabs. Walmart... or target. Like 100 pills for 8$. Try that and if it works wonders like it does for a lot of people. .. use it for the next 3 to 4 days.

    I'm 22 days clean of 8yrs hydro. Loperamide made everything that wd threw at me go about 90% if not 95% away for 24 hours. Research loperamide for wd on google. You will find many people have success stories like myself.

    good luck. Only way to make this a fast recover is to go cold turkey. Tapering prolongs the hellish stages. Also don't take suboxone or methadone or any benzo type meds. It only prolongs the agony and makes you crack and use again.

    Loperamide and time is key.

  3. #3
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Hi there..
    Usually 3-5 days and you will really start to feel better..
    The thomas Receipe on here has some great supplements and OTC suggestions.
    Minus the benzo ..
    Many of us have used them..

    I know that it is hard..
    But it is temporary..
    I didn't realize that and went to methadone to get off pills..
    That is much harder to get off..
    I used suboxone to get off methadone..
    So stop now before someone recommends Opiate replacement therapy..

    I am 1 year off methadone
    And 4 months off sub..

    It is we
    L worth the fight ..
    It is scarey because the emotions come back pretty intense ..
    But it feels good to feel again..
    Just don't let it overwhelm you ..

    Keep posting others will come along to support you ...

    As soon as you can force yourself to get up and get a little exercise
    Do it..
    It help your own endorphins to start flowing again..
    I will check back later
    Take care
    Bette

  4. #4
    wtony27 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Like Smile said, If you can exercise then do. It will work wonders.

  5. #5
    RD0417 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default

    i have not started, with my work schedule i just dont want to risk it. i am taking a week vacation and i plan to use it for my cold turkey program so that way i can be at home no matter what happens.

    as for the loperamide recommendation; how the hell does an anti diarrhea otc med help with the other wd symptoms? no offense but that sounds unlikely. i can handle the sh*ts for a week its the malaise and withdrawal pains im worried about. im thinking maybe just get a few bottles of tequila and keeping a strong buzz all seven days of my vacation. alcohol doesnt rid pain but it makes it more toloerable as you just dotn give a damn about it as much.

    anyway, just thoughts. any addtl input and opinions appreciated. i plan to take my week vacation to do this, next week. im excited and scared but i cant wait to be drug free!!! it sounds so god damn nice, i have to succeed.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-10-2015 at 10:18 AM.

  6. #6
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD0417 View Post
    as for the loperamide recommendation; how the hell does an anti diarrhea otc med help with the other wd symptoms? no offense but that sounds unlikely. i can handle the sh*ts for a week its the malaise and withdrawal pains im worried about. im thinking maybe just get a few bottles of tequila and keeping a strong buzz all seven days of my vacation. alcohol doesnt rid pain but it makes it more toloerable as you just dotn give a damn about it as much.
    I'll tell you how it works. Loperamide/Imodium is an opiate-based supplement that doesn't cross the blood=brain barrier, thus no high from it. And it really does help! I first tried the pills and didn't have the results I was searching for. They helped, just not like magic. But when I tried the liquid form suggested by my doctor I was amazed! It made me feel more like 98% better!!! It has helped hundreds here.

    The only thing I will tell you about taking "huge amounts" of Loperamide is that if you take too much it can have the opposite effect which is constipation. Take just enough to notice improvement is my suggestion.

    Randy

  7. #7
    crazyfrog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    I'll tell you how it works. Loperamide/Imodium is an opiate-based supplement that doesn't cross the blood=brain barrier, thus no high from it. And it really does help! I first tried the pills and didn't have the results I was searching for. They helped, just not like magic. But when I tried the liquid form suggested by my doctor I was amazed! It made me feel more like 98% better!!! It has helped hundreds here.

    The only thing I will tell you about taking "huge amounts" of Loperamide is that if you take too much it can have the opposite effect which is constipation. Take just enough to notice improvement is my suggestion.

    Randy

    Haha! Just giggled on the OP optimism on lope. Most people do have that reaction when someone recommend loperamide for opiate wd. I was one of them. It came the day of paying the piper and had no where to go. Then came across a youtube video of this guy saying to take lope in mega doses when you are crawling up the wall from wd. He sweared by it. So did some research on it and found out about it being a opiate that does not cross the happy barrier. Well I was in such a deep dark depressed painful hole on the 3rd day being clean that i took a mega dose of 100mg. 5 hours later it was like I was 100% normal. Lasted 24 hours I noticed. Well. ... stocked up and used less dosages for the next 5 days. It helped me so much. Now im a real believer. Never tried the liquid form since to take a large dose you woyld have to down the whole bottle i think. I just get the cheap no brand loperamide pills.

    Anyways .... OP, give it a shot. Won't hurt.

  8. #8
    Viktory2k1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Hi, all I can recommend is a treatment center and if not that, try some kratom sparlingly, I have been using the Bali since my meds were stolen right after they were filled in may. My question to you is, while I will be given more meds on monday 5/325 1 every 6 hours(which will do nothing to my pain but soooo used to it) what is your injury that has you prescribed so many pain meds? I want to ask for 20 mg oxycodone 2 times a day and I think I will be good. I have I don't know how many discs herniated and my neck is shifted a few mm to one side because of stenosis and my thoracic has 2 chronic compression fractures at T 4 and 6 and disks flying out all over, haven't had my Lumbar yet but back when this injury happened 17 years ago, I had L6 and s1 crushing some sac, without reading these . I get sick when I read them. I was very active and physical, now getting the mail is a chore but I need to make money and If I can convince pain mgt to give me 20mg oxycodone 2 times a day I can make a fortune off of work. I have a knack fo fixing things(except my back which is sore as hell right now)If I can get that amount of meds, how will I know if I over do it on work? I seem to always do that and end up really ER sore. I am new at all this stuff but not pain. I fell off a semi trailer at work and landed in a perfect sitting position 17 years ago. It always hurt but now It is hard to breath. I get injections and will get pain meds Monday. I haven't had any since may 23 but all I have been able to do is sit in a lawn chair all day 30 min on and off. I would try the kratom if I were in your shoes, not the cheapest and works great if you can get the exact dose figured out. Me 20 grams will keep the pain away for 4 hours if I don't do anything and 1.5 if I do work.

  9. #9
    Viktory2k1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Oh forgot to add thats all I can do is get cortizone injections and meds. No options for surgery. I still want to fix cars and I do snowmobile but I modified my sleds for this. I only found out about all these problems 4/18/15. I don't like pain meds that much but oxycodone is the only thing that works, the kratom does but I feel sick on that.

  10. #10
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrog View Post
    Haha! Just giggled on the OP optimism on lope. Most people do have that reaction when someone recommend loperamide for opiate wd. I was one of them. It came the day of paying the piper and had no where to go. Then came across a youtube video of this guy saying to take lope in mega doses when you are crawling up the wall from wd. He sweared by it. So did some research on it and found out about it being a opiate that does not cross the happy barrier. Well I was in such a deep dark depressed painful hole on the 3rd day being clean that i took a mega dose of 100mg. 5 hours later it was like I was 100% normal. Lasted 24 hours I noticed. Well. ... stocked up and used less dosages for the next 5 days. It helped me so much. Now im a real believer. Never tried the liquid form since to take a large dose you woyld have to down the whole bottle i think. I just get the cheap no brand loperamide pills.

    Anyways .... OP, give it a shot. Won't hurt.

    Lol. I got the same chuckle out of that comment! Lol.

    The point I was trying to make is that by taking the "liquid" Loperamide/Imodium less worked better. Of course I heard that taking very large doses of Imodium pills was what I needed to do to feel better. But I was attempting to curb my addiction thinking and behavior. I had just come from taking massive amounts of drugs per day and I felt taking lots of Loperamide pills might fuel my addiction again. Anyway in MY OPINION the liquid form of Loperamide is better. My opinion only.

    As for the recommendation of using Kratom, I would run from it as fast as possible. Kratom is a highly addictive substance and once on it you'll have wd's when stopping like anything else. It needs to be tapered so what's the point of taking it? Never would if it were me!

    Randy

  11. #11
    crazyfrog is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Lol. I got the same chuckle out of that comment! Lol.

    The point I was trying to make is that by taking the "liquid" Loperamide/Imodium less worked better. Of course I heard that taking very large doses of Imodium pills was what I needed to do to feel better. But I was attempting to curb my addiction thinking and behavior. I had just come from taking massive amounts of drugs per day and I felt taking lots of Loperamide pills might fuel my addiction again. Anyway in MY OPINION the liquid form of Loperamide is better. My opinion only.

    As for the recommendation of using Kratom, I would run from it as fast as possible. Kratom is a highly addictive substance and once on it you'll have wd's when stopping like anything else. It needs to be tapered so what's the point of taking it? Never would if it were me!

    Randy
    hehe, I'll remember the liquid form of lope if i ever do need it. I hope i don't. I'm 42 days clean and feel soooooooooo much better with life. Longest I've ever gone without anything. :]

    the last time i went 49 days clean but with kratom on the last 2 weeks. Got to tell ya , kratom rivals opiates ! I was so impressed and felt like i was on the pills when I dosed at 10 to 12 mg of bali. I thought i had it made and was contempt at using kratom forever. But. .... i started pissing very dark urine. No pain at all until i came down with the worst body flu in my life. Then the next day I suddenly got very severely itchy.then the next day I noticed my eyes where turning yellow. So i headed to the doctor and told them i was off the pills and substituted it wirh a martial herb. They ran tests and i was joundiced with high elevated liver enzymes. From that day on I was in hell for 2 months. I had a severe whole body itch [liver itch] with severe 24 hours nausea. In and out of the hospital doing blood work to make sure it levels out. Man... worst 2 months of my life. Turned out I can't digest kratom. So I got toxicity from it. I threw out 300mg of bali kratom. I couldn't even look at it without gagging .lol. oh... not to mention how every scent made me dry heave for 2 months. Hahaha! I got to laugh because it was so painful! So be careful everyone. .. some of us can't digest jratom and it destroys the liver. Fast forward to now, I recovered 100% from it and it turned out to be the last nail in the coffin for pain meds. It send me over the edge and gave me a tremendous boost of will power to quit after 8 years. Btw... took me a whole month to feel my old self again. Ahhh... the memories. :\
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-11-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help quitting xanax for good after 2.5 years of daily use
    By SoberSoldier91 in forum Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 05:41 PM
  2. Can I Switch from 400mg daily of Oxycodone to Suboxone?
    By CI238 in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
  3. Oxycodone 30/mg daily for 2 and 1/2 years
    By skittles44 in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
  4. 400mg/morphine ER and 24mgDilaudid daily
    By tony321 in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22