Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
Quitting Suboxone cold turkey --
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member

If you look back, did taking the extra sub help you? Didn't mean not to support you, but get you to try and realize that you can't keep doing this merry-go-round. Perhaps my reply did come off harsh. What I'm tired of seeing are people who think that subs will be the magic pill that cures their addiction, that opiates will cure their depression. I do hope you get clean and stay that way. I do hope you get through your w/d's. But don't use the excuse that you are "going through a hard time": we are all going through hard times. You, in your heart need to decide: is this it? Decide that you are done with opiates: otherwise all the support in the world will not alter your course. Do you plan on taking up subs again, as soon as you can get your script? If you are, then I am wasting my time. I really hope that this is your last go around with any opiate. Those are my best words of advice: You need to want to be clean from ALL opiates, and want it like you've never wanted anything in your life. If you don't, there is nothing I can say that will help you.

Peace,

Iloerose

FrellinBack is offline New Member

I have been on sublingual strips of SUboxone for 3+years. Each strip is "2MG/.5MG"
    I started at 4per day after One of the two worst withdrawal experiences I've ever had. I quit cold turkey OxyContin and oxycodone under my doctors recommendation. I quit on a Saturday morning and saw my doctor 48 hours later when I felt like I needed to be admitted to the emergency room. The doctors exact words were to stop on a Saturday and the following Monday when I feel like I'm about to die wait one hour and then come to his office. I I did this and had someone drive me to his office where they began to give me 2 mg sublingual strips under my tongue up Suboxone until I felt the withdrawal symptoms completely gone. The total was four. At the time I was told that this Suboxone with non-habit-forming mentally and physically. Over the last three years I noticed that the paperwork wording that came with the prescription began to change and I saw evidence of it stating that it is habit-forming. About three months ago I began to reduce my Suboxone to the point where at I am at now which is 12 mg sublingual strip per day. This has been under my doctors advisement. The withdrawal symptoms that I have continually felt when I first began reducing the amount was similar to a bad caffeine headache and the typical withdrawal symptoms of quitting cold turkey of some other type of medicine similar to Cymbalta. My goal has been to reduce by half a strip every two –four weeks or 14 28 days. Today I reach my 14th day at one strip per day with much difficulty a lot of myself for days where I had to take extra in order to function. for those of you taking the sublingual form I have tried keeping Listerine strips that Melcon your time at my bedside trying to take one of those at night or some point during the day when I feel like I need to take half to one. Rick of the Suboxone. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't which leads me to believe that addictive part of Suboxone is about 50-50 mental physical. Anyone else have suggestions on what to do at this point where I am ready to go from one to milligram strip to just half a milligram strip equal to 1 mg per day

jjhcns01 is offline New Member

I've been taking suboxin for 2 years and the most IVE taking is a half of strip a day. Now I'm on day 10 and feel like death lol.. When will I start to feel some what better.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-18-2015 at 11:16 PM.

I've been taking suboxin for 2 years but I was making a 8mg strip last 2 days and I didn't really wing myself off I kinda just quit and now it's day 12 with nothing and it's been hell lol. When does it get better??

Quote Originally Posted by jjhcns01 View Post
    I've been taking suboxin for 2 years and the most IVE taking is a half of strip a day. Now I'm on day 10 and feel like death lol.. When will I start to feel some what better.
    now it's day12 and still my skin is crawling but not as bad.. How much longer will this last??

Quote Originally Posted by jjhcns01 View Post
    I've been taking suboxin for 2 years but I was making a 8mg strip last 2 days and I didn't really wing myself off I kinda just quit and now it's day 12 with nothing and it's been hell lol. When does it get better??
    Quote Originally Posted by FrellinBack View Post
    I have been on sublingual strips of SUboxone for 3+years. Each strip is "2MG/.5MG"
    I started at 4per day after One of the two worst withdrawal experiences I've ever had. I quit cold turkey OxyContin and oxycodone under my doctors recommendation. I quit on a Saturday morning and saw my doctor 48 hours later when I felt like I needed to be admitted to the emergency room. The doctors exact words were to stop on a Saturday and the following Monday when I feel like I'm about to die wait one hour and then come to his office. I I did this and had someone drive me to his office where they began to give me 2 mg sublingual strips under my tongue up Suboxone until I felt the withdrawal symptoms completely gone. The total was four. At the time I was told that this Suboxone with non-habit-forming mentally and physically. Over the last three years I noticed that the paperwork wording that came with the prescription began to change and I saw evidence of it stating that it is habit-forming. About three months ago I began to reduce my Suboxone to the point where at I am at now which is 12 mg sublingual strip per day. This has been under my doctors advisement. The withdrawal symptoms that I have continually felt when I first began reducing the amount was similar to a bad caffeine headache and the typical withdrawal symptoms of quitting cold turkey of some other type of medicine similar to Cymbalta. My goal has been to reduce by half a strip every two –four weeks or 14 28 days. Today I reach my 14th day at one strip per day with much difficulty a lot of myself for days where I had to take extra in order to function. for those of you taking the sublingual form I have tried keeping Listerine strips that Melcon your time at my bedside trying to take one of those at night or some point during the day when I feel like I need to take half to one. Rick of the Suboxone. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't which leads me to believe that addictive part of Suboxone is about 50-50 mental physical. Anyone else have suggestions on what to do at this point where I am ready to go from one to milligram strip to just half a milligram strip equal to 1 mg per day
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-18-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Kabe is offline New Member

I just sort of tapered off 2mg. I went to 1,5 for a week or so . I was feeling fine so I dropped to 1mg then I skipped a day. No bad physical w/d so decided I was done. Been 3 days off & dealing with a little physical w/d but the depression, anxiety & insomnia is so bad that it's scarey! If I don't feel better soon, idk what I'm going to do! Who knows what kind of vitamins or foods that may help best? I know exercise helps a lot so I'll try that (if I can!) I'm wondering if I should go back on and not taper so fast so that my endorphins get used to a slow decrease. Help anyone?? Thx! I don't want antidepressants or ANY pill! But the depression is unbearable. Hoping it will eventually get better but also concerned about maybe not getting thru it while I'm waiting to feel better!! It's scarey! What's the best resolution? I am going to try vitamins & exercise as first resolution, but, any tips??? Thanks!

jimOliver is offline New Member

Default oh man what to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by dyin2liv View Post
    Today is Day 7 of cold turkey suboxone w/d. I have been on it for 3 years. I quit on a high dose too. I was taking 2 to 3 of the 8 mg film/day. I have gone this long without it before. It's around now or day 10 that I make it back to my doctor for my refill. I always ran out early because I couldn't taper. I finally decided enough is enough. I spent 5 days in detox (non-medical) which were a total waste of time. I didn't even feel the effects of w/d when there. The good thing is, they reintroduced me to the recovering community. I'm off work now on a short-term. I start IOP on Monday.

I am feeling somewhat depressed, even though I take 150mg of Zoloft a day. I have the sneezes too. And just feel generally lethargic. Trying to stay positive.

Does anyone have experience with quitting suboxone cold turkey? Any suggestions?
    OK so heres my story I've been addicted to pain pills since 2006 I only recently started taking sub's in the last two yes only I dont see a Dr I buy them on the street. My fiance and I have been addicted to sub's strongly for a year everyday we take about two mgs a day nothing like u guys take but still. OK so we recently had a baby he was horn 10 wks early and his embylical cord tested positive but his score was so low he didn't need treatment thank god but since then Ihave had to give my other kids to my parents to avoid them goin into state custody ik it isnt much to quit but omg I went three days without and i felt like death in order to get my children back we have to stay clean regardless it has to be done I just don't know how I CNT function without it one big emotional wreck and seeing ur stories makes me wanna quit even more now cuz I realize people have it worse then me but how many days do u think it would take to get rid of this sickness its unreal the shakes the >>>>s can't eat can't sleep can't work I literally have to take other prescription drugs just to getbthru it what would be the best way i just want my life back but I'm legit scared to quit I have maybe 2 mg left and scared of the journey ahead i need advice and a good support system but I don't have noone any suggestions

jimOliver is offline New Member

Today is my last day I have 2 mg left and I get half of it but my children are whats importantiI'm just scared for myself the w/d s don't start for me til day 2 and thats when depression kicks in i just hope I'm strong enuff to make it I'm scared it will never end but if if means getting my kids back ill do it but hate the feeling of death while living it hurts to WD even if my dosage is so low my body craves it I just wish there was a medicine I coukd take to not feel likendeath

Pixiepoxie is offline Senior Member

JimOliver

Please google The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal it will help...
    Can you keep posting so that you can get help on here

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jimOliver View Post
    Today is my last day I have 2 mg left and I get half of it but my children are whats importantiI'm just scared for myself the w/d s don't start for me til day 2 and thats when depression kicks in i just hope I'm strong enuff to make it I'm scared it will never end but if if means getting my kids back ill do it but hate the feeling of death while living it hurts to WD even if my dosage is so low my body craves it I just wish there was a medicine I coukd take to not feel likendeath
    ohhh boy! You are in for a ride ! From what i gathered, subs are harder to kick than opiates like hydro. I just got clean myself 5 months ago. Best decision ever. But the journey was so hard on the mind. Depressed like hell. If was after the first months that i actually started to recover my mind. By the 2nd month i was better. The 3rd month i was in the clear. It just takes time! Lots of it. Just remember when you are in the deep dark depressed hole that is temporary . It DOES go away. Even though it looks like it won't. .. it will. That's from experience. 8 years on hydro was not a great idea after all. Lol.
    duckman likes this.

Misty234 is offline Member

I'm stopping suboxone cold turkey I have to I need off of this stuff and I need this job I have a good chance of getting I wanted to start a new thread but I couldn't figure out how. Could someone
    help me with that? God Bless all going through this. It's the hardest thing I will ever do in my life but it will be worth it.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Misty234 View Post
    I'm stopping suboxone cold turkey I have to I need off of this stuff and I need this job I have a good chance of getting I wanted to start a new thread but I couldn't figure out how. Could someone
    help me with that? God Bless all going through this. It's the hardest thing I will ever do in my life but it will be worth it.

Hi Misty. Welcome to the forum!

Heres the link below to the Suboxone section of the forums. That's where I would suggest you put your thread -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Click on the above link. Then find the blue box that reads "post new thread" and click on that. Put a title to your new thread and give us all the info you can so we can provide the very best help and support. Things like your drug of choice, how long were you addicted, the amounts taken daily, etc. Share with us all you can.

Then we really need to know about your sub use. How long on the subs, how much was your highest dose, your daily dose, and most importantly….what dose do you plan on jumping from?

I can tell you this right now….if you're down below 1mg per day then jumping can be successful. But if your daily dose is OVER 1mg per day and you jump then you're in for quite a ride. Just being honest. Jumping from higher doses (anything over 1mg per day) is never recommended. We use a plan here that has you reducing your dose by 25% every 4 or so days. The lower you reduce the better in the end when you do jump.

Get your thread started and we'll go from there.

Randy
    Atrockbottom likes this.

YungBruh is offline Junior Member

First Post.

I'm a 26 year old male with good health. I don't drink or smoke but I've had an opiate affair since I was 17. Always pharmaceuticals.

I was sober for a year one time from 20-21 years with no help... I just stopped. I came back and went from hydrocodone to Oxy's...
    I knew I had to get help. I did and I was off for 18 months on 8 mg suboxone. My doctor disappeared and I was using other substances at the point so i went to rehab & the suboxone kick was terrible but I remember feeling ok within a couple weeks and I was just mentally tough about it. From 22 til now (26) I've been mostly off opioids.

My last run was a month long and I got on suboxone 8mg. I've been at this dose for 11 months and I won't lie, I've used more and abused it sometimes. I've also been down to 1mg for a month at a time and back to 8 again.

Lots of people here and there say getting off that amount is crazy but I honestly feel like every person is different and with the right tools anyone can do it.

My detox has been Sooo easy that I must share....

I saw my doc and told him my plan. He said ok and gave me .1 chlonodine and he said not to take more than 6 a day... This med is a miracle wonder drug.

Coupled with lots of Immodium alllll I felt the past 8 days (going on 9) was lethargy, fluctuating blood pressure, and slight to not chills and sweats.

Tonight I feel great. I'm not worried about PAWS or anything because I'm beginning to understand the power of my mind.

Don't underestimate yours...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-10-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Turtlesoup9877 is offline New Member

I know this is an old post so I'm not sure u will see this but good job on doing what needs to be done, I hope u pulled through

dvldog8788 is offline New Member

Hello. Is it possible to read your thread somewhere?

Drrandall1 is offline New Member

Default Day 10, cold turkey quit

Glad I found this. Been on subs for 6 years. 24mgs a day. Then this last year got down to 2mgs a day.
    The last month I cut each strip to 8 pieces. Did 1mg a day for 2 weeks. Quit cold turkey 10 days ago. Can't sleep more than 3 hours a night. Then take an hour nap in the day. Hope sleep starts coming soon. I had to quit. I had a corrupt Dr that wants me on it forever or something. My work is being effected cause I'm so exhausted. I've had my job 16 years. Hope I'm better in the next week or so.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drrandall1 View Post
    Glad I found this. Been on subs for 6 years. 24mgs a day. Then this last year got down to 2mgs a day.
    The last month I cut each strip to 8 pieces. Did 1mg a day for 2 weeks. Quit cold turkey 10 days ago. Can't sleep more than 3 hours a night. Then take an hour nap in the day. Hope sleep starts coming soon. I had to quit. I had a corrupt Dr that wants me on it forever or something. My work is being effected cause I'm so exhausted. I've had my job 16 years. Hope I'm better in the next week or so.
    Please start your own thread so you can help, advice and support tailored specifically for your personal situation?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drrandall1 View Post
    Hey Drrandall. Welcome! Congratulations on 10 days. I too jumped from 1mg of suboxone almost 14 months ago. And i hate to say it but you're probably in for a bit of a ride. Nothing serious but youll experience chills, tummy issues, anxiety, depression, all the normal w/d symptoms. Because of the long half life of the subs the detox lasts quite a bit longer. Everyone heals differently but id say you got about another week or two of feeling like this. Sleep is unfortunately one of the last things to balance out. However there are some things that can help you get back to yourself. There is the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal. You can google it. It calls for a benzo like valium but id leave that out unless youre already taking them under a doctors supervision. All those vitamins will help you on this journey. Drink tons of water and gatorade. Eat a protein rich healthy diet with lots of leafy greens. If you cant stomach any food id recommend protein shakes. Take Imodium for tummy issues. Liquid form is best take as needed and directed. Last, and i cant stress this enough!!! Stay active!!! Go for a walk, move around, get those endorphins moving. I know it feels impossible with how exhausted you are but it will help you.

Next i'd like to second the suggestion from Ricky. Start your own thread. There members can track your posts and leave comments/suggestions for you in one place. You'll get all the support you need from this amazing place.

You can do this!! Keeping a positive mindset will help you on this process. We are all here rooting you on.

Start that thread!! I'll be looking for it.
    Have a great night!
    Beef

Jennyjen814 is offline New Member

Hey I just read your post. I've been taking subs for about 7 yrs now. I didn't have a prescription so I bought them off the street. I started with pain pills and then a couple of my friends were going to the sub Dr to stop the pills so I decided to stop the pain pills and take subs..bad decision! I've been weaning myself off for 2 weeks now..I made my last pill last for 11 days. It's 3am and I haven't been sleeping well at all! No other side effects yet. What can I except? I'm fine with the no sleep I just don't want leg cramps and other fun stuff. How long did it take to feel normal again?I should tell you that I was into snorting subs so idk if that will make it harder for me to get off of them? Please I could use any advice at all
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12