Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By iloerose
  • 2 Post By davepeerson
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Quitting Suboxone, Give me the Strength
    Looking4change91 is offline New Member

Default Quitting Suboxone, Give me the Strength

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post on this site but i have been a lurker for about a year now and always thought how great everybody here was to support eachother and how i wished I HAD that support...when in reality it was probably here for me the whole time.
    A little but of my past..I was taking percocet 30's for about the last 4 years daily probably about 90mg to 150mg.. Like everyone knows i was quickly at the point where i needed the percocet to function properly. I finally hit rock bottom about 2 months ago and admitted to my family and friends that i had a problem.. I then went on suboxone taking only 2mg daily but it did the trick to get me through the day and sleep.

Now i need to get off this for good and have been struggling, The worst part is I thought since i tapered down to only doing about .25 mg daily the when i stopped taking subs i wouldnt be able to notice the withdrawls. thats not right obviously though becuase I have tried multiple times but always go right back to them after a few hours of the aches..

Anyways, the last time i took a piece of sub was yesterday at about 5am and i would estimate it was under .25mg.. it has now been about 32 hours since then and i have had some withdrawls since last night but i got through it up until now and i feel like im reaching my breaking point again.. i just read all these posts about how im going to feel like this for the next 90 days and how the full effects of withdrawls havent kicked in...

I NEED to do this cold turkey so just looking for motavation from people or any tips that helped someone in my situation get through this.. btw i am currently at work right now typing this out trying to keep from snapping.

Call me Ken

Please any help is appreciated

These sweats and chills are destroying me..

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi and congrats on tapering the subs. I'm not familiar with how quickly you tapered, but the good news is that you should be doing "skip" days. Many people go to .25mg and do skip days. That's perfectly o.k. so I would go ahead and take a .25mg piece and then skip a day. Try to put more time between doses as you go. This will slowly get the sub out of your system without any traumatic w/d. I won't say you won't have any, but the w/d will be bearable.

Check out the Thomas Recipe for ideas and supplements. Others will be on later, I'm sure. Also check out the Suboxone Treatment board and read around

Peace,

Iloerose
    davepeerson, Randy35 and alexnt like this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Welcome Ken.....That's a Pretty low dose of Subs to be taking....But they are So Strong!! My Doctor had Me on them for over 3 years.....I won't get into that right now....but I also Had NO IDEA how Strong the were or are!! Here's MY point....Your gonna hurt....It's gonna be Hard....even having yourself down to that amount......I believe you said last piece was about.25mgs...How Long had you been that low?? So you've got 4 years of taking a pretty good amount of Percocet....then a Couple months of Subs.....If You've been lurking and reading.....then You Know.....above all else....You Have to REALLY WANT THIS.....the Freedom from the BEAST!!..Just Dig in....Get some of the vits...amino Acids others talk about....Drink plenty of Fluids...Mostly Water....Try and eat Healthy....and the kicker for ME was...and is...Keep Moving...Get some Kind of exercise.....That is a Huge difference maker!! Good luck my friend....I'm sure others will jump on with some support/advice!! Stay Strong Just For TODAY!!
    Randy35 and inneedofhope76 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there Ken. welcome! I'm sorry you're experiencing problems getting off the sub. It really shouldn't be that difficult and the final jump should only give very minor symptoms, if any at all. I'm gonna tell you what I would suggest you do in hopes it will make a difference.

First I think you should take .25mg for at least 3-4 days to make certain you're completely stable with no sithdrawals. Your body needs time to adjust and 3-4 days should do it because your body is kinda use to that amount. And yo still have sub in your system due to the half life. Then If it were me I would reduce again to .125mg which is half of .25mg. Stay on .125mg for 4 days or say making certain you're stable as before then use the day skipping that Iloerose mentioned.

After say 4 days on .125mg if you're stable you skip dosing the next day. Then you take your .125mg again and skip dosing the next 2 days. Dose again and skip the following 3 days. Dose 1 final time and that's it, you're finished!

If you take your time and make certain you're stable before reducing you'll be in much better shape I bet symptom-wise. I myself reduced down to .125mg and had the easiest time after I jumped. I had a few symptoms that lasted about a week, but it was only some lethargy and bathroom issues. Not a bad price to pay for out freedom I figure!!!

Hope this helps. Keep us updated Ken!

-Randy
    davepeerson likes this.

Thanks everyone for being here for me... The problem is I no longer have access to suboxone.. It has been about 40 hours since my last and final. 25 dose.... The withdrawls are killing me.. I am at work and not to be gross but I am ice cold to the touch but sweating uncontrollable causing me to smell like I just played a sport all day... I Am going to get thru this but I am going on vacation in 3 weeks and just praying to god I will be able to enjoy it by then... All day I had that thought in back of my mind to call my old buddy and pick up a 30 but I deleted his contact before the urges overtook me.... . . .

I'm rambling but I really don't know what to do.. I have off work tomorow so I can relax but then back at work all week...

I just want this all behind me and to be able to wake up and not feel like life sucks and every day is >>>>ty....

Everyone has said it shouldn't be bad since I was on such a low dose but I'm usually good with pain... This just has me in a state of mind I fear... . . God bless you all for just talking with me.. I'm only 23 don't want to be a prisoner anymore.. I need to enjoy life again... My family and friends don't deserve what I put on them...

I guess I don't really know what I'm looking for on here, just the moral support and maybe some tips on what vitamins to buy that would help.. Thanks again everyone

I have managed to come across some 1mg klonopin from a buddy who said it was his miracle drug when coming off methadone
    . Upon research it seems like a lot of people vow by it but also many who strongly discourage it.. I haven't taken any yet but am on the verge of it.. I'm staying strong and not trying to get addicted to something else or would just be nice to alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms and hopefully fall asleep.. .
    . . . Does anyone here have any insight on this or personal experience.. Thank you

I have taken one mg kpin lay night and it seemed to very lightly take the edge of and I had slept for 9 hours last night.. I woke up now frees zing in a pile of sweat

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Welcome Ken..
    If you can get some clonidine medication from your dr .
    It is a blood pressure used for years for withdrawals..
    Drink lots of water.
    Good multi vitamin with minerals..
    Exercise..

Laugh
    Sex
    Eat hot chilis.
    Extra protein
    I take some amino acids as well ..
    All the things to get your own endorphins flowing again..

Healthly eating
    It will getter better.
    Each day remember how far you have come.
    I jumped 60 days ago..
    I use Excedrin for pain..

I think you should just relax about your vacation..
    You will be ok..

Feel proud of what you have done.( sense of accomplishment helps with endorphins too).

Keep posting then you will be able to see how quickly this really does get better..

Klonipin is addicting ..
    To get off of benzos which it is
    makes sub withdrawal like a walk in the park..

Be care ful with them..
    No longer than a couple of days .

Melatonin and kava kava helps with anxiety..

I will check back later..
    Take care
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-31-2015 at 01:10 PM.

So I woke up this morning to a pair of boxers filed in feces and it all over my bed... I have to work for next 10 hours... Just feel like killing myself... Help

I went out and got Imondium which seemed to for now help the stomach, was able to get my hands on some vitamin B as well.. I was insanely tired and freezing but sweating all day long today.. This is just finishing day 3, day 4 is coming tomorrow

I have to say I am so proud of u. I quit subs 9 days ago!!! And I was taking at least a quarter to a half a day. Its been 9 days. I can't go back. Also I am withdrawing from perc 30's in my "bright" mind I thought it would help w the suc withdrawals. I am now om day 2 of no opiates. I had 3 yrs clean then relapsed for 2 yrs. I'm a drug dumpter. I'm lucky to be alive!!! I am so proud of u. U can be free! I am om day 2 and this place has saved me. I want myself bac!k!!!! I want to be mr again. And never. Go back. I had to quit my job. I was a bartender. I would get drugs for tips. And I always had tip $$$ and there was always a dealer w my DOC.... Sigh. Had ti quit. I won't go back. Nope!!!! I flushed my last strip yes. And I cried.... I've been crying a lot. Keep up the good work. Keep posting. I'm living proof it can be done. I can't eat. I got the imsomnia. I won't go in public. ... I know it will get better. Takes time. And a lot of will power. You can do it!!! If I can anyome can I'm a baby.

In need of hope... It gets better.. The child's and sweats are still here badly but what is really irratating me is the rls.. I can't lay still without flailing around.. I only vomited once yesterday and am all done taking the klonopin... God let me wake up and feel new tomorow..

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

We're you able to get the
    Hylands restless leg formula?
    People on here have said it really does help with the RLS..

You are hanging in there..
    Keep doing what you did yesterday because
    It obviously worked.
    Right?
    Just do one day at a time
    One hour at a time
    Or 1 minute.
    Whatever it takes..
    Hopefully you will be able to keep water down..
    Being dehydrated will definitely make things worst..

Take care
    Bette