Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Quitting Suboxone and need help!!!!!!
    CBman44 is offline Member

Oh okay thanks that is great info, I actually have my doses cut up for the next few days, plus I have 1 4mg strip that I'm going to save for when I get to those lower doses. Hopesoon how have you been doing since the jump?

Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update, today is my first day after taking 1.25 last night and I have to say it's my best day yet! All the support and encouragement on here helps tremendously so please continue!! Also I was reading some posts about how you should be taking doses atleast 12 hours apart, well I realized since I've been taking the 24 hours apart which hopefully works in my favor! I'll keep posting as I go!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBman44 View Post
    Kat what dose did you start your skip days on?
    Hey there. Thanks for dropping by my thread. Yesterday was so brutal. It scared me to death. I took melatonin to sleep but woke up a few times dreading that the anxiety was gonna come back full force again. It started to happen again this morning but after about an hour of chugging water and doing stuff around the house, it started to lift. Went to my office for a few hours and that helped. Getting out of the house is always the best remedy.

To answer your question, I tapered to .15mg then did skip days. I had been on Sub for almost 8 years at that point (yikes!) and figured it was best to go low. Don't know if going that low was necessary but it worked out pretty well.

Really glad to hear you're doing well today!
    Kat

Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update, today is my first day after taking 1.25 last night and I have to say it's my best day yet! All the support and encouragement on here helps tremendously so please continue!! Also I was reading some posts about how you should be taking doses atleast 12 hours apart, well I realized since I've been taking the 24 hours apart which hopefully works in my favor! I'll keep posting as I go!

Forgot to mention..

It's good that you're dosing once a day rather than splitting your daily dose in half. You'd have to dose once a day anyway once you get down to really small doses.

Kat

Hope your anxiety has subsided Kat! Tonight will be day 3 on 1.25 and still feeling good, a little anxiety here and there but as iluv2smile says it's from the excitement of getting clean! I'll be down to 1mg on Friday which I'm happy about! I'll keep posting, hope all is well with all of you!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Also has anyone on here tried trazodone for the sleeping issues? My roommate was prescribed it for insomnia, he got it because it's non-narcotic and non addictive, just wondering if anyone has used it before?

I also want to get everyone's opinion on this, so like I said my doses are always 24 hours apart, I have been on 1.25 the past 72 hours and have had no wd symptoms. Today would be the 4th night taking 1.25 but I feel completely fine, so do you think I'm safe dropping to 1? Please give me your thoughts!

I also want to get everyone's opinion on this, so like I said my doses are always 24 hours apart, I have been on 1.25 the past 72 hours and have had no wd symptoms. Today would be the 4th night taking 1.25 but I feel completely fine, so do you think I'm safe dropping to 1? Please give me your thoughts!
    Don't get in a rush. Always spend at least 4 full days at a dose before reducing again.

Alex has used Trazadone for many years. He has pretty bad insomnia but the Trazadone puts him to sleep. Seems to be safe enough since it's non-narcotic/non-addictive.

Have a good day!
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Hopefully Alex will see this thread, I'm curious about his experience with it

I'll ask him to stop by...

Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

CB Kath posted to me on my thread about you and I have been prescribed trazodone for over 10 years now. I have had insomnia for years and someone I knew years ago was taking it and I tried it and found out it worked very well. Even though its non narcotic you will have to get a Dr to prescribe it to you. I take 100 mg a night and it works well for me. You just want to make sure you can get a full nights sleep when you take it so you don't have that hangover feeling the next day. It comes on 50 100 150 mg doses so you would have to see what works for you. Good luck to you with your sub taper also as it seems from what I just skimmed over seems to be going well for you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thanks for the info Alex I really appreciate it. Tonight will be the first night at 1mg, I can't believe how well this is going so far! Thanks again for all your support everyone, I couldn't do it without you!

Also Alex did they work for you during your taper?

Also Alex did they work for you during your taper?
    Yea CB I took traz during my entire taper and it worked fine for me while tapering. I was glad I took it while tapering because I was able to get a whole nights sleep while tapering. Even though I had a rather smooth taper my mind is usually my worst enemy. By sleeping soundly instead of laying in bed tossing and turning I did not have to lay there and worry that the taper was going to quit going good for me. good to read that your down to 1 mg and doing good. Will talk to you later.

Alex

CB is was looking over your taper schedule and there are 2 drops along the line that are 33% drops and those are from .75 to .50 and then from .375. to .25. I am not by any means trying to scare you and you might be fine with those drops. I am I guess an over worrier but I always want to see a person have as little discomfort as possible when jumping with the less symptoms the better. While its good to see that you have always been at 2 mg at the most during your taper since you have been on it for 2 years that's a pretty long period of time to be on subs. It looks like you have been dropping every 4 days recently and it seems to be working well for you. I just worry a little when I see someone that has been dropping by 25% which is what I did mostly after I got down to under 1 mg I made some smaller % drops a few times at the end. I did a lot of my drops on a 6 day schedule though some were less and were 4 or 5 days. I was a little fearfull of dropping more then 25% on any of my drops especially at the end so since I was using 8 mg strips to taper off with I did some drops with cutting the size of the strips in mind. I think I might have used a schedule like this at the 1 mg point. I took a 4 mg piece and cut it into 5 equal pieces of .80 and dropped to that. Then I took a 2 mg strip and cut it into 3 pieces of .66 and dropped to there. Then a 2 mg piece cut into 4 and that gave me .50 pieces and dropped to there. Then a 2 mg into 5 which gave me .40 pieces dosed there then cut some 1 mg pieces into 3 so I had .33 pieces then went to .25 then to .18 dosed there and then started the skipping days at .18. Like I said you may be fine with the taper plan you posted but just wanted to share this with you being the over cautious person I am.

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-08-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Alex thank you so much, I like the schedule you suggested so I might try that, doing fine at 1, I'm just excited to be doing this properly and all the support and advice on here is the reason for that!

Also how did your taper go when you dropped like that?

Also how did your taper go when you dropped like that?
    My taper went fine CB and I never did fill any of my drops. When I jumped i had a little trouble with being motivated to do things but once i got moving around i was ok. Had some sneezing for the first 2 or 3 days after i jumped but was not that bad and went away after 3 days. Talk with you later.

Alex

Just wanted to update today will be day 2 at .75, doing really well, I don't know if I would still be this far without all of your support!! Thanks everyone!

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey CB! Congrats on .75! You are doing an awesome job! How are you feeling? You are kicking this taper's a.$.$.

Thanks rennie! Today's day 3 at .75 and I feel great, I'm so happy that I'm finally doing this! How is your taper going? Your jump has to be coming up?
    alexnt likes this.

Thanks rennie! Today's day 3 at .75 and I feel great, I'm so happy that I'm finally doing this! How is your taper going? Your jump has to be coming up?
    CB good to read where your on day 3 at .75 and feeling great. What dose you planning on dropping to next?

Alex

I'm honestly not sure, debating between .5 or maybe a little more, I know you're for me dropping by a smaller amount as opposed to 33%

I'm honestly not sure, debating between .5 or maybe a little more, I know you're for me dropping by a smaller amount as opposed to 33%
    Yea the next drop a lot of people go to is .625 but to make it simple since your working with 8 mg strips is maybe try this. Take a 2 mg strip and cut it into 3 pieces which would give you .667. Its only a 10% drop but you could stay there just 3 days then go to .50. A sudden drop of 33% might cause some problems and at this late in the taper I would hate to see that happen to you. Just an idea you might consider.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thanks Alex I think I'll end up doing that, today is day 4 at .75 still doing great
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

rennie86 is offline Member

My taper has been very slow! I'm hoping to be free in the next 1-2 months though! I've been on this stuff for so long... going on 4.5 years now. That's too long! I can't wait to be done! Is been relatively painless so far though which has been great!

Just an update, Alex I did what you suggested and went to .66, doing great there tonight will be by 3rd day so tomorrow I'll drop to .5. Thanks again everyone for all your support, I know I wouldn't be here without all of you!
    alexnt likes this.

Just an update, Alex I did what you suggested and went to .66, doing great there tonight will be by 3rd day so tomorrow I'll drop to .5. Thanks again everyone for all your support, I know I wouldn't be here without all of you!
    Good to read you are doing well CB. Your taper looks like it is going very smooth for you and you are getting close to the finish line. Keep up the great job your doing and I will talk to you later.

Alex

CB just dropping in to say hi and was wondering how the drop to .50 went. Hope all is still going well and will talk to you later.

Alex

Hey Alex, today was day 4 at .5 and I'm still doing great, I think I'll drop tomorrow, what do you think would be the best amount to drop to? These 8mg strips are tough to cut when they get so small lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast