Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes
Quitting Suboxone and need help!!!!!!
    alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBman44 View Post
    Hey Alex, today was day 4 at .5 and I'm still doing great, I think I'll drop tomorrow, what do you think would be the best amount to drop to? These 8mg strips are tough to cut when they get so small lol
    Good to read that you are still getting along well. I know what you mean about working with the 8 mg strips as that is what I had to work with my entire taper. To make it a bit easier to measure and reduce I think at this point I did the following. Take a 2mg piece and try to get 5 equal pieces or as close to it as you can. That would give you five .40 pieces and that would give you a 20% drop. As good as your taper is going if you were going to have any problems i am almost sure they would have occurred already. I went from .5 to .4 then went to .33 from there. The drops are a little less then 25% but its just easier trying to measure with these drops plus i believe makes the final jump when you get there that much softer also. You are getting closer to the finish line and you will be crossing it before you know it. Talk with you later my friend.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

CBman44 is offline Member

Haha I really really hope your right, the only consistent "symptom" I've noticed is I've been waking up a lot earlier then I did at a higher dose but I can't even complain about that. I think I'll drop to .40 today, as I've said before tho I really don't have anyone to talk to about this so your support means so much! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I can't wait to be done!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Alex I know you said you started skip days when you got to .18, how did you cut those doses out of 8mg strips? I wanna do the same thing

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there! I just saw your post on my thread. I'm so sorry I haven't posted here recently. I knew you were in good hands with Alex. I've been so busy with work, my son, etc. I always try to help those here who are struggling and I knew you were doing well.

It's so great to see your taper going well!!

Talk to you soon.
    Kat

Oh no need to apologize, I completely understand what you mean, I've been super congested the past few days but I can't blame that on the taper, other then that it's going well, I'll be going to .33 tonight, I can't believe I already made it this far, thank you all for the support I know for sure I couldn't have done it without all of you in my corner!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Update today is day 2 at .33 still doing really well, still congested but it's not because of the taper

Day 4 at .33, going to .25 tomorrow!!!!
    alexnt and Iwantoff2013 like this.

CB sorry I have not replied to you lately. Last Sunday night I was on my computer and tried to download something and something called trovi hijacked my computer and I was not able to get on the internet with both explorer and chrome. Could not get rid of it and then I went out of town Tuesday and when I got back I had to use a recovery disc to restore my computer back to like I had just bought it and start from scratch which has taken me some time. Other then being congested it looks like your taper is still going well and it is good to read that you are dropping to .25 tomorrow. You asked me about how I cut the strips to .18. I actually do not know what I jumped at when I jumped. I guess it was about .18 to .20. I had some left over .25 pieces and other small pieces when I decided to do one last drop from .25. I was going to jump at .25 but at the last minute changed my mind. So what I ended up doing was taking .25 pieces and cutting off little corners of them and using them for my final drop before I jumped. Looking back I probably could have jumped at .25 and been ok but I wanted as little of discomfort as possible when I jumped because I had a real fear of relapse because of my past history and I know how my crazy mind works. To get to .1875 which would be exactly 25% of .25 you could do this if you can cut them this small. Take a .25 piece and cut it in half which will give you two .125 pieces. Then cut one of them in half and you will have two .0625 pieces. Take the .125 piece with one of the .0625 pieces and you then have .1875. I just did not want to try measuring them that small so that's why I just used the .25 pieces and snipped a little bit off of them. At this point having the 2 mg strips since they are the same size as the 8 mg strips would make it a lot easier to measure but we have to work with what we have right. Its really been a pleasure to watch you taper down and having a smooth taper. March of 2015 is going to be a memorable one for you as you will become sub free sometime during March and I will be around to see you cross the finish line. Talk with you later.

Alex

Wow that's crazy Alex, glad you were able to get it fixed though! I'm debating the same thing if I should just start my skip days at .25

Wow that's crazy Alex, glad you were able to get it fixed though! I'm debating the same thing if I should just start my skip days at .25
    CB you have had a smooth taper and I think you have only been spending 4 days on a dose before dropping again right? You might be fine jumping off at .25. That is where a lot of people jump at. Maybe spend an extra day or two at.25 then start with the skip days. Also you can adjust the skip day part if you needed to. Say you spend 5 days at .25 then decide to start the skip days. Tomorrow is Monday and your dropping to .25 and you take it for 5 days. Then it would have you skip Saturday and dose Sunday skip Mon and Tues dose Wed etc. When you get to the skip days part you can always adjust it a bit if you start feeling the skip time. For instance if you dose Friday and at some point Saturday which would be your first skip day you feel a bit uneasy you could just dose then just increase the time before the next dose. Like an example would be dose Friday and say after 36hrs you start feeling uneasy dose then go like 48 hrs and dose then go 60 hrs and dose etc. A lot of it at the small doses they say is mental games. Just got to really listen to your body from here on in. Talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Yeah I've only spent 4 days at each dose, and every dose I take has been 24hrs apart

So I wonder if that has been working in my favor

So I wonder if that has been working in my favor
    I would say yes it would be working in your favor being stable and being able to drop every 4 days
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Today is day 4 at .25 still doing great. Still debating if I wanna start skip days here or go lower. My big concern is that I haven't felt many if any symptoms throughout my taper so I'm nervous about getting hit at the end. Also with my doses always being 24hours apart I'm unsure how this will effect my skip days because If I skip a day it would technically be 48 hours between a dose. Alex or Kat can you provide any insight?

Today is day 4 at .25 still doing great. Still debating if I wanna start skip days here or go lower. My big concern is that I haven't felt many if any symptoms throughout my taper so I'm nervous about getting hit at the end. Also with my doses always being 24hours apart I'm unsure how this will effect my skip days because If I skip a day it would technically be 48 hours between a dose. Alex or Kat can you provide any insight?
    CB I had mentioned to you before that if you were going to have problems that they would have occurred already. You would have felt them on a previous drop like once you got under 1 mg. If you decide you are not going to do another drop you can always adjust the skip time if you need to. Say tomorrow you go ahead and spend another day at .25 then decide you are going to start the skip days. You would then try to go 48 hrs but if you wanted to or needed to you could dose at say 36 hrs and dose and then just add more hours before you would dose again. I have seen people just skip 1 day and then just wait and feel well enough to jump then. A lot at this point is going to be mental so I would just really listen to your body and go by how you are feeling. I am sure you want to get this over with like most of us are as we get near the very end. But if you are debating weather to do I more drop just think of it this way. I think you have been on subs for a couple of years now so what is another 4 or 5 days if you feel like 1 more drop might be needed. My best wishes to you on whatever you choose to do and keep on posting and let us know how its going for you. Talk with you later.

Alex

Yeah I remember you saying I would've felt them by now I'm just concerned for when I hit a skip day

Also I get your point about what's another 4-5 days if I feel a drop is needed, but physically I feel fine mentally I'm a little nervous but that's normal, idk I just don't want to drop if it's not going to make a different is rather start adding clean days

Yeah I remember you saying I would've felt them by now I'm just concerned for when I hit a skip day
    CB that is why I mentioned you can always adjust the skip day schedule. When Robert 325 came up with the taper plan years ago it was something he came up with on his own. The 4 day drops of 25% is something he tried and it worked out for him so he shared it with others to try. Tons of people have used it but plenty have adjusted it for themselves. You are so close to the finish line now and have had a smooth taper. If you start the skip day process and get uncomfortable just take your normal dose and then just add more time before the next drop. I understand you being a little nervous as I think that is very normal when it comes to getting ready to jump. Will talk with you later.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I've stuck with your plan so far so I think I'm gonna follow what you did and do 1 more drop.

Just an update, I opted not to drop again and at 8pm tonight it will have been 72 hours since my last dose, I'm doing great I can't thank you all enough for the support
    alexnt and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Another update, today is day 5 clean!!! I'm so happy to type that haha, I'm doing great so for all those out there nervous to get off subs the tapering plan really does work! I really want to thank everyone that posted on here and helped me through this, Kat, Alex, Renee, Bette, Hopesoon, you all have been such a big help!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations..
    You did it..
    isnt it amazing?
    It is so funny cuz all of us are in a hurry in the beginning..
    Now it seems so long ago..

I hope you will stick around and share your experience ..
    If you started supplements I would continue to take them..
    God only know what sub did to our bodies?..

Take care
    Team Jump!
    Rockin it in March 2015!

Bette
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Another update, today is day 5 clean!!! I'm so happy to type that haha, I'm doing great so for all those out there nervous to get off subs the tapering plan really does work! I really want to thank everyone that posted on here and helped me through this, Kat, Alex, Renee, Bette, Hopesoon, you all have been such a big help!
    CB I have been busy recently and have not been on this site for about a week and this is great to read. Late congrats to you and good to read you jumped and are doing fine. Like Bette posted to you I hope you stick around and share your experience and success. Talk with you later.

Alex

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

CONGRATS on 8 days now!!!!

I'm so happy for you. Well done, my friend. How have you been feeling? You didn't mention having any symptoms so that's awesome.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Kat

Yes today is day 8!!! I can't believe it's all over! I'm still doing well, I can't believe the lack of symptoms I have had but I guess that shows the importance of a taper. All I've noticed is I'm sneezing a little more and I still wake up earlier then I'm used to but that's nothing! Again thank you all for the support, and for those who read my thread let this be proof that you can get off subs with minimal discomfort!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123