Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Quitting Suboxone and need help!!!!!!
    CBman44 is offline Member

Default Quitting Suboxone and need help!!!!!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but I've been reading a lot the past few days. I have been taking subs the past 2 years unprescribed. I was at 2mg for a long time and I am ready to quit. I read an old tapering method from Robert_325 and I dropped from 2 to 1mg. I personally felt better but I have noticed some effects. I have no problem going to sleep but I do wake up at about 6am and then every hour until I just get out of bed around 10. I know it's standard to reduce by 25% but I made the jump anyway. So I still have anxiety(mainly from reading horror stories) and slight fatique but honestly it's nothing I can't handle. My question is should I go up a little more in dosage or just stick it out at 1mg until all feelings go away? Today is day 4 so i don't know if I should stick with 1mg, go to .75 or just go up a little since I dropped so fast. I know there are a lot of people that have had success and have helped others so I'm just hoping you can help me too! Anything is really appreciated

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Welcome.

The best thing to do is stick with the taper plan. Only reduce by 25% at a time, and only when stable. Stable means having little to no WD syptoms. People who have taken Sub long term need to taper slower than those who are new to Sub. Listen to your body; you'll know when it's time to reduce.

Don't get in a rush. It always backfires. If it were me, I'd go to 1.5mg since that was the correct 25% drop. Get good and stable there, then drop another 25%.

Try Melatonin or Valerian for sleep.

Countless people have successfully tapered off using Robert's plan, including me. Bottom line: it works! Be patient; it's not a race.

Will check back later...
    Kat
    Heptagram and Waymorethanme like this.

Thank you for the advice! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! It just has been eating me up inside because I want to be done with this so badly!

Do you think I should go all the way up to 1.5 even tho I've taken 1mg the past 4 nights?or should i just go to 1.25

Went back to 1.5 last night and I feel much better today, thank you so much for your advice. I hope I can continue to work with you. I do have some other questions!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CBman44 View Post
    Went back to 1.5 last night and I feel much better today, thank you so much for your advice. I hope I can continue to work with you. I do have some other questions!
    Glad you're feeling better! Now that you're at 1.5mg, remain there until you're stable (little to no WD symptoms). I had to spend 2 weeks at each dose because when I started my taper I'd been on Sub for 8 years. Yuck!

I saw that you started a new thread on the Need to Talk board. The best way to get support is to stick with one thread. Do you want to stay with this thread or the other one? Let me know. We're here for ya!

Be back...
    Kat

Yeah I'm good with staying on this thread. My main question is what are the common minimal wd symptoms you feel while tapering? Like I said I went back up to 1.5 and I feel much better today.

Also just to give you a little background, I dose once a day usually at 8-9pm, I seem to have a very low tolerence as I was still getting the nods at 2mg.

Yeah I'm good with staying on this thread. My main question is what are the common minimal wd symptoms you feel while tapering? Like I said I went back up to 1.5 and I feel much better today.
    Some people have very minor WD symptoms while tapering, like fatigue, sweating, trouble sleeping, etc. But if you experience any symptoms that aren't mild, you'll need to stay at a dose until stable. There may be some discomfort from time to time, but it's manageable. You just have to listen to your body. You'll know when it's time to drop again.

Dosing once a day is just fine. A lot of people split their dose (am & pm), and then start dosing once a day when the dose gets around 1mg or less. Totally up to you. Do what works for ya.

Kat

I'm ready to stop but I can't stop thinking about the Wds once I hit the skip days. I have read all these horror stories and it is freaking me out

I'm ready to stop but I can't stop thinking about the Wds once I hit the skip days. I have read all these horror stories and it is freaking me out
    Don't read the horror stories! Those are mostly from people who tapered too fast, didn't follow the taper plan, or jumped off a high dose. One of our members just completed her skip days and had almost no complaints. I know it's scary, but please put your mind at ease. The plan works!!

Kat
    Waymorethanme likes this.

Kat I really can't tell you how much this support means to me, I really don't have many people to talk to about it so this really helps!!! So after stable on 1.5 should I go down to 1?

Kat I really can't tell you how much this support means to me, I really don't have many people to talk to about it so this really helps!!! So after stable on 1.5 should I go down to 1?
    You're welcome I like to give back to those who are struggling. I was a mess when I first joined this forum. I had no hope of ever getting off of Sub. But I followed the plan and now I'm 5 months clean!

From 1.5mg, drop to 1.25mg. Always make your drops 25% or less.

Kat

Alright thank you again! I really do want to do this so I'm gonna stick to this taper plan until the end. I'll keep posting on this thread
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Also, I was wondering if you have encountered anyone using that withdrawal ease product during the taper? I've seen some stuff about it but I'm just curious if it does help. Obviously there isn't a miracle cure but I'm just wondering if it did help anyone. Kat can you or anyone else share some insight on this?

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there.
    Thank you for visiting my thread..

I am using the withdrawal ease..
    I used it during my methadone taper to go onto sub..
    Then again I started a few weeks ago..
    As you know I just jumped 3 days ago.
    I waited till I was down to < 2 mg on sub to start the withdrawal ease again..
    It does help me..
    It comes with a night formula and a day formula.
    The reason I waited to go back on it ..
    Is because my taper was pretty uneventful till <2mg
    I like it because it has all of the supplement needed for withdrawal..
    The anxiety is sometimes the worst for me too..
    I just tell myself it is excitement for getting clean..

This taper and jump is mostly mental..
    With this plan the physical withdrawals are doable...
    But my mind is another story..

When I have obsessions or anxiety provocations thought I recognized it for just that .
    A thought..
    Not excactly a fact..
    Just imagined it leaving my mind as quickly as it arrived..

You have to stay hydrated through this process..
    Eat healthy and exercise..

It is doable and so much pride after I was done..
    I know it may not be over for me yet
    But I have prepared for the worst and Expected the best..

You can do it too.

Like Kat said make sure you are stable before dropping again..
    I will check back later..

Another thing I did was change my routine..
    I even moved my furniture around..
    I want a new life from the cell in my body to the chair I sit in in my house..

I think it has helped..
    Our bodies have memory's too if everything is different..
    I get to make new healthy memories in my own home..
    It is great!
    Talk to u later
    Iluv2

I'm so happy that you're doing well after completing your skip days! I really can't thank you enough for the support, I really don't have many people I can talk to about this so having the support on here makes me feel so much better! Today would be my 4th day at 1.5, I physically feel fine just anxious about the process, as long as no physical symptoms appear I should be safe to drop tomorrow right?

Can anyone advise if you think I'm good to drop tomorrow? Like I said no physical symptoms just anxiety but that comes and goes

rennie86 is offline Member

Hey CB! I wanted to say hello earlier but I had a lot going on this weekend. I am tapering too. Currently on .50mg and dropping to .375mg today. So far so good. Every once in a while the symptoms appear but they're never so bad that I can't handle them. It's actually been a smooth ride thus far! I've had good days and bad days, but who doesn't!

I think you should be safe to make your drop if you've spent 4-5 days at 1.5 with no physical symptoms. Make your drop tomorrow and see how you feel. Are you planning on dropping to 1.25 or 1mg? I think 1.25 would be your best bet. Just take things slowly and you will be fine!

Good luck and I will check in again soon!

hopesoon is offline Member

You could always try to drop tomorrow if you're not feeling any symptoms, but I tend to think only 4 days at a dose for someone that has been on a while is fairly quick. Dropping to 1.25 shouldn't be too bad though. I think there will be a point where you'll have to slow it down a bit. But if you want you could always try it.

I spent anywhere from 1-2 weeks at each dose. I would just hate for you to go too fast and run into problems. As others have said when people push it too fast and run into problems those problems seem to continue popping up the rest of the way down.

Thanks rennie, I honestly can't wait to be where you are, but I have to keep telling myself it's not a race. I'm glad it's been smooth for you, I haven't had any physical symptoms really just anxiety. It's tough because I don't have many people to talk about it with so finding this site and all of you nice people has been amazing! I'll keep posting on this thread but let me know how your drop goes! Good luck!

Hopesoon I completely get where you're coming from. I only want to do this once and I want to do it right!i know how long the half life is so I would never drop before getting through 4 days, and especialły not if I'm feeling any physical symptoms. I have been on them for just under 2 years but in my mind I think it helps i was never over 2mgs. I also think it helps that's I only dosed once a day usually after 8pm(after work) so I'm used to going through my daily routines without being on them. Like I've said the worst part is the anxiety that comes and goes but all the encouragement and positivity I've been getting from all of you great people is the best help I could ask for!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..

I know Rennie and I were tapering at the same time..

It is great to have taper buddies..
    Even if we are talking to the professionals they are not sharing from personal experience..
    Only something they read..

Team taper in full force!
    You will do great just listen to your body..
    I know the anxiety can be tough..
    I just imagined that it was excitement..

Our minds are sometimes our worst enemy..
    This is a mental fight especially in the end..

Keep fighting!

You only have to do this once!
    Take your time..
    Iluv2

Your situation seems very similar to mine. I had been taking them for about a year and a half and not taking more than 1-2 mg (that is good you're only taking it one per day, I say 1-2 because I took it inconsistently several times a day sometimes). I tapered down to .03125 (yes .03125, ridiculous I know) and jumped about a month ago. After the jump I didn't even have any sleep disturbances. Just some very mild anxiety, and mild lethargy.

Yes just listen to your body. If you feel you are ready to go down again try it. Worst case scenario you could go back up for a few days. I think at this point dropping to 1.25 would be uneventful. Especially since you never went higher than 2mg. You may not have to slow down for a bit yet.

I can't tell you how nice it is to hear an experience to someone who was in a similar spot I am! I read through some of your posts, and I noticed you were using the 8mg film too , is there any easy way to cut it when you get to those small doses under .25?

Also I just want to make sure I have the schedule right. So after 1.25 it'll be 1, then .75, .50,.375, .25, .18? I think I'm gonna start the skip days on .18, from what I've read those really do help

Also I just want to make sure I have the schedule right. So after 1.25 it'll be 1, then .75, .50,.375, .25, .18? I think I'm gonna start the skip days on .18, from what I've read those really do help
    Yeah, that's a good drop schedule. I did the skip days - it helps the half-life catch up with itself.

How are you doing?
    Kat

I'm doing well, physically I don't have any symptoms, the anxiety has been the worst part, it's not because I don't want to quit, I think it's because I just want to be done already. I keep trying to look at it as hey I'm already down to 1.25 from 2mg in about a week so I'm doing well! Obviously easier said thn done though, but all the support I get on here is a huge benefit for me! I really can't thank all of you enough!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Kat what dose did you start your skip days on?

I was able to cut the film's down to .0625 with a pair of scissors, but having long fingernails helped be able to maneuver the smaller pieces around. I would just move it between my thumb and middle finger until it got balanced and wedged between them well and then cut with a pair of sharp scissors. For me it didn't get too tricky until I tried to cut smaller than .125, then I sometimes fumbled around a little bit. When I went lower than .0625 I used a brand new straight razor blade on a fairly hard surface. It seems you don't plan to go too low so you shouldn't have a problem. If you do get a new straight razor blade and use a surface hard enough it has no give when you push on it and something that you don't mind if you would nick or cut it. Those blades were so sharp I just had to line it up where I want it cut and push down (you didn't actually have to slide the razor if that makes sense). I tend to be pretty precise with things, I could see how someone might have trouble with anything smaller than .25 or maybe even before that. When I did get to a point where it became a little more difficult I would cut several days or a weeks worth and have them ready instead of fumbling everyday. Even getting those small pieces out and in my mouth was hard, it really helped having the fingernails as it would stick to the tip of it. You may want to get some tweezers or something when you get low.

To cut the .1875 I would usually cut .25 in half (so 2 .125 pieces) then cut on of them in half. Sometimes I'd try to eyeball or imagine that .25 square into 4 sections, then slice a tiny piece off to get .1875 but I'm not sure if I was as accurate that way. You'll have to test it yourself and find your own easiest way.

Another thing I learned with those small pieces was they washed away under my tongue easy, it was actually beneficial to put it in bottom lip like a chew, I didn't figure that out until later but it probably would have been beneficial at about .25

Kat correct me if I'm wrong but I believe she was at .12 or so when she started her skip days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast