Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbOne
rapid detox

Default rapid detox

Hey everyone! I have been thinking about doing the rapid sedation detox during Christmas break, instead of all this tapering. I know it is not a cure all, anybody have any info or thoughts on this?

istrvler is offline Member

I don't know a lot about rapid detox, but just reading about it kind of scares me. Have you researched it, do you have a doctor you trust that is going to monitor your detox? Seems every time I think there is a quick and easy way out I dig myself in deeper. Just promise that before you for this you continue your taper being on less can't hurt regardless of what direction you go in and know and trust the people that you are trusting with your life. No matter which way you go you know those on this board including my wife and I will support you. Keep us posted!

numbOne is offline Member

Two points but im sure there are many more.

What happens to all of your poo? may sound silly but it's a serious question? I know when i have detoxed i get well acquianted with my toilet...that stuff has to get out some way.

Im not so sure sleeping thru w/d is a good thing. If you take an easy way out and don't feel anything, what's to prevent you getting back into them? The pain and misery of withdrwal, even the slow painstaking process of tapering are all helpful deterrents to keep fresh in your mind when the opportunity to use presents itself again.
    The Husband likes this.

You are out for 60-90 minutes, and cared for round the clock by a nurse for the next 3 days. I would normally never consider someyhing like this. However, I seriously need off of them faster than the taper is going because of school. And the problem with methadone is that it stays in your fat cells and liver, so even if you go down to 0mg you still may be looking at 4-6 weeks of intense withdrawl. I will still have some w/d it is just suppose to be more manageable.they will give me shots of naltrexone to keep the methadone from reattaching to the opiate receptors. I need off of it much more quickly than its happening, and if i c/t at home right now, I could not take care of my child or attend school. As to the question abouy the poo, lol, they give u a cleanse before, and u also wear a diaper, very embarrassing, but the truth. Im just not sure, I know this needs more thought and research. As to the question about what will keep me clean, I will be still hitting up meetings like there is no tomorrow, and thinking of my daughter and school.

Keel123 is offline New Member

Exclamation

My son did it a couple of years ago after rehab, suboxone and turmoils. It worked for him..He was in the hospital for 3 days and then in their aftercare for a week. He is still working with their therapist ( an incredible find!!) the man is brilliant.
    The rapid detox was great, the whole team...But the therapist is awesome. There is no miracle. I am very grateful for what I received and I am trying to get my friend to do it but he is not ready. If you are ready to put this behind you , its a great program!!!

I just read the post above and came back to edit. There was no cleanse and no diapers and no nurse. My son was in a hospital for 3 days and then in a after care where they cared for hi 24/7. I think this person is talking about the place my sons friend went to. OMG!!!Do not recommend!! he actually was in Michig. and end up in the emergency room with uncontrollable vomit and diarrhea, nothing like what my son went through in California.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-30-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Found out this is a different detox than the hellish one your sons friend went to. There will be no defecating in the pants according to them. Im going to keep tapering, but I am excited about doing it. They seem to really know what they are doing.

istrvler is offline Member

I am glad you found a good place to have this done and am sure you have diligently checked it out. Also happy you are still tapering it just makes sense that everything will go easier if you are using less. Really happy to hear that you also don't consider this the end all and will continue to go to meetings. I totally understand not going c/t with caring for your daughter being your number 1 priority and having to go to school. I know what the first 10 days especially the first 5 were like coming off of Percocet and Oxymorphone was like and although I had to work I basically locked myself in my office except for the day I had to run that horrendous meeting and was able to isolate myself then went home and sat on the couch not moving having pity parties every once in a while. I know methadone w/d can be worse cause it stays in your system so much longer.
    I do have to ask my doc about the oxymorphone as I don't really know what that pain killer was except it was ER and it worked fast of course it worked fast cause I chewed it and it was an ER pill. but I don't know if it was an opiate or what I will say we would always run out of that first and even when we took the Percocet we felt mini w/d from not having them. Well just wanted to send you good words we are on day 29 and physically feeling pretty good, mentally going through some challenges but we will get through. We talk it through a lot and I have my wife going to her therapist twice a week for me I come on here and post and Quittingthedemon kicks me in the butt and sets me straight lol so we are moving forward. I will say energy wise I am getting things done (physical things) around the house etc although still having trouble concentrating and getting work done. So I have started coming in early and leave a little later to make up for the inefficiency. Keep on the path and Stay Strong!

Thanks! My date for the detox is December 16th! I cant wait, I know that the detox wont be completely pain free but I dont care. After seeing what you went through I know I can do it too. They said it would be like waking up on day 7 or 8 of normal withdrawl. Methadone withdrawl can last up to six months even if tapered down to 0mg. There is no way I could do that with school and my child. They will give me naltrexone injections after, which is like narcan, it prevents any methadone that comes out in the tissues from reattaching to the receptors. Also prevents using again, by making u sick if u do, lol. I will not use, never been so sick of anything in my life!! Your story has given me so much encouragement, dont know if I could jump off so soon if it hadnt been for your story! Keep it up!!:-)

I am very happy for you and wish it all comes out as you expect. Make sure is a safe and in a hospital. I saw this week that NY rapid detox got closed down from the heath department.
    Im sure thing will be great for you, it sounds like you are in a good mental place and ready.
    I did not tell you , but when my son was at treatment there was a older man coming off lots of Methadone , that he was for over 10 years. He was doing very well, and was so happy. Im glad you scheduled..
    Please keep us informed .

Its definitely a different place, there was no cleanse and no diaper and no injections.That is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by nursestudent13 View Post
    You are out for 60-90 minutes, and cared for round the clock by a nurse for the next 3 days. I would normally never consider someyhing like this. However, I seriously need off of them faster than the taper is going because of school. And the problem with methadone is that it stays in your fat cells and liver, so even if you go down to 0mg you still may be looking at 4-6 weeks of intense withdrawl. I will still have some w/d it is just suppose to be more manageable.they will give me shots of naltrexone to keep the methadone from reattaching to the opiate receptors. I need off of it much more quickly than its happening, and if i c/t at home right now, I could not take care of my child or attend school. As to the question abouy the poo, lol, they give u a cleanse before, and u also wear a diaper, very embarrassing, but the truth. Im just not sure, I know this needs more thought and research. As to the question about what will keep me clean, I will be still hitting up meetings like there is no tomorrow, and thinking of my daughter and school.

So, I've done some more research on the place I'm going. I feel good about it. It's not some sleazy place in the back of a doctor's office. I am paying like 10,000 for it, so it shouldn't be a >>>>>> place. Even though someone is going with me, I'm paying the extra to have round the clock nursing care. I think I will just feel better having health professionals taking care of me rather than a family member. They really do seem to care. Well, that's how it seems anyway. I know this is not an easy, clean way out of being addicted to a substance, but this is the only option I have right now. I'm still going to continuing tapering on my methadone. I will be at 50 mg this week. I am having some withdrawal symptoms now. Mainly the symptom I am having is extreme tension and spasms in my neck. I've heard magnesium and potassium helps? If anyone has any comments about the rapid detox or knowledge of the procedure I would love to hear more about it.

numbOne is offline Member

No knowledge to impart, in fact what you describe is different than i imagined. I hope when you complete it you can post back here your experience.

Help me understand something a little better: You are tapering now, what dose do you anticipate being at whne you go there? You already wrote that you know methadone w/d can last 6 months...so you are basically saving 7-8 days at a cost of 10k?

Oh no! Thats why I am doing it, to lessen the months of withdrawl. They keep you on naltrexone to prevent any of the methadone from coming out of my tissues from reattaching to the opiate receptors, hence preventing more withdrawl.
    They specialize in getting methadone out quickly so you dont suffer for months.

Just had a good friend go through rapid detox after a few year on 120 mgs of Methadone. Went to visit him today at the aftercare place. The procedure was on Thursday and he is feeling a bit weak still but doing quite well overall. He was in the hospital from Wednesday early morning to Friday afternoon. I stayed with him on for a couple hours on his first day just to be a support. Everyone that came in to his room form the staff made him feel so secure that his anxiety level really diminish. I am so happy to see him well today.
    I pushed him to do this because my son did it a couple years ago and felt such responsibility.
    It all seems to be great and I am looking forward to pic him up next Tuesday ( he will stay with the Waismann staff inpatient for a week),
    I hope you have a smooth and great outcome on your procedure as well. Will keep my finger crossed for you!