• 2 Post By LenLeaps
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 2 Post By LenLeaps
RAPID Domination of Subs
    LenLeaps is offline New Member

Lightbulb RAPID Domination of Subs

Hi everyone.
    I have never posted about my experience, but now seems like the prime time to do so! Hopefully over the next 6 days I'll be chronicling my journey to freedom!
    I'm day 3 into taking my life back...again. I find myself here from a place of hopelessly drowning in an addiction to Percocet (10mg #40+) and Roxicodone (30mg-#10) per day. It's a whopper, I know.
    I've managed to get through induction into suboxone treatment which I'll explain further when I have more time. Needless to say it was a roller-coaster ride just to here.
    Yesterday I was at 16mgs.
    The plan is to reduce the amount by 50% (8mgs today) with 25% (or 2mgs) optional buffer in the evening prn. This rapid taper should be done in 6 days! Whew...I know I'm in for quite a ride!!
    Never have I been more ready to get my life in order to better serve my family's needs and return to a life not plagued by pain management's grips. Jump with me and I'll keep in touch to let you know how still I rise!!
    The little four letter word HOPE has me motivated and excited beyond all measures. It's that same little word that has driven the human psyche to do extreme things not thought humanly possible! I KNOW I can do this! I appreciate your comments of encouragement at every turn. I have read many loving arms extended for others and have faith in this beautiful community of people to see me through when brick and mortar meetings aren't available.
    The light in me honors the light in you! ~ NAMASTE
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-10-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    Catrina, Beefaroni7272 and 1232 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by LenLeaps View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have never posted about my experience, but now seems like the prime time to do so! Hopefully over the next 6 days I'll be chronicling my journey to freedom!
    I'm day 3 into taking my life back...again. I find myself here from a place of hopelessly drowning in an addiction to Percocet (10mg #40+) and Roxicodone (30mg-#10) per day. It's a whopper, I know.
    I've managed to get through induction into suboxone treatment which I'll explain further when I have more time. Needless to say it was a roller-coaster ride just to here.
    Yesterday I was at 16mgs.
    The plan is to reduce the amount by 50% (8mgs today) with 25% (or 2mgs) optional buffer in the evening prn. This rapid taper should be done in 6 days! Whew...I know I'm in for quite a ride!!
    Never have I been more ready to get my life in order to better serve my family's needs and return to a life not plagued by pain management's grips. Jump with me and I'll keep in touch to let you know how still I rise!!
    The little four letter word HOPE has me motivated and excited beyond all measures. It's that same little word that has driven the human psyche to do extreme things not thought humanly possible! I KNOW I can do this! I appreciate your comments of encouragement at every turn. I have read many loving arms extended for others and have faith in this beautiful community of people to see me through when brick and mortar meetings aren't available.
    The light in me honors the light in you! ~ NAMASTE
    Oh Dear. 16mg of sub/day is much, much, MUCH too much. I'm sure that's what your doctor prescribed but it's too, too much. Did I say that? Well it bears repeating. It's TOO much. There is no possible way that you need more than 4-6mg/day and maybe even less. I saw how much you were taking of your pain medication and even so, you don't need 16mg/day.

Are you willing to take a leap of faith? Beginning immediately, cut that at least in half. The half life of subs is extraordinarily long so it has a stacking effect. As it is, rapid sub tapers rarely work and by taking such a high dose, it's just going to make things harder. Do you have a script for them? If not, how many do you have? Do you have tablets or strips? What's their strength? We can help you and if you follow the protocol that's been used here for many years with thousands of success stories, you can get through this taper and do it without much discomfort but it's important to follow the steps.

Your journey, your decision and we'll support you no matter what. I've been around this Forum for over eight years and I've seen countless people complete their sub taper and go on to do quite well. We'd love to help you too. Are you willing to rethink how you're going to do this? If you are, then we're itching to get you on track and on your way to become yet another success story.

Let us know your thoughts.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272, LenLeaps and 1232 like this.

Oh hell yeah. I've never done a sub taper, but subutex yes. I wasn't responsible fir that one in rehab. I will GLADLY accept any help on this. It's why I asked! Thank you so very much for responding to my cries for HELP!!
    So today I took 9mgs today around 6, 12yrs later I took another 2. I have been sweating my butt off and in all brutal honesty am struggling a bit. Tomorrow I will fund out if the dr will rx more or if I'm stuck with the 5 strips I have lefy! Yikes!
    I just visited MJ and I feel a little bit better.
    I'm eating well and worked all day in the house sweating like crazy. It felt good bc as of late I've been feeling pretty worthless. I was doing yoga 5 days a week and then got sick (mother in law brought it to us all :/)
    Nobody knows what's up...and I'm shouldering it in shame.. My husband has terminal cancer and our son is autistic. I love them so much! Kiddo needs me! I'm always swamped coordinating care and emotionally drained. Yoga was my spiritual outlet and I haven't been in months. It's high time I pull it together. The subs have elevated my mood a bit everything +this monster is A LOT! I'm doing my best to stay positive, but this is dragging me to my knees if not in an early grave.
    I haven't seen my therapist either. My sister tried to commit suicide 3 weeks ago and I have had her 13 and 4 yr Olds too! I'm in the hurricane alright!
    Ok. Back on topic. Just tell me what to do in case the dr cuts me off. This is also the first time I have met that Mary in a few years. I will let you know how that goes otherwise we're going to have to make 5 work out somehow!.
    I am remotivated having journaled this:a tool I have forgotten.

Please help! I'm amazed at your kindness in taking the time to show concern in your reply! TY

Thanks for letting me ramble on so.
    I'm open to your suggestions and will gladly go to 4.5mgs tomorrow! All at once or divided dosing?
    Beefaroni7272 and 1232 like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Len. Welcome!! I agree with everything Cat has shared with you. Suboxone has a ceiling effect at around 8mg. So anything you take over that you're just wasting sub. Look at the taper plan cat mentioned I the suboxone treatment sub forum. It's the top thread marked "sticky". Thousands of people have used it successfully. I know you said you only have 5 left. Can you get more and Do a proper taper off?? Like she said, short tapers rarely work. You're basically in w/d the whole time. Subs have a long long half life and a stacking effect in the body, but the extra sub in your body will not hold you over to make you feel better.

Like she said this is your journey and we are just here to guide you and provide you with knowledge. I stumbled here scared and alone after jumping from 1mg of suboxone which I found out the hard way that is still a hefty dose. It was a rough month and a half, but I got through it. I didn't really know anything about the drug, and how powerful it is. I just blindly too my 16mg/day for around 5 years and trusted that my Dr was doing what's best for me. Lol. Looking back I have to laugh.

Let us know what your plans are moving forward. I'd suggest getting more subs and doing a proper taper. You'll be able to function mostly normal. I know you said you've got a lot going on and not having to deal with major w/d symptoms will be a tremendous benefit!! But like I said earlier it's your journey and we are here to help regardless of what you choose.

Welcome to the forums!! And congratulations!!
    Keep posting!! It really helps
    Beef
    LenLeaps and 1232 like this.

THanks so much Beef!
    I will know in a few hours how protracted this taper will be able to be.
    I only took 4 mgs this am. I feel fine. I am assuming that this is a much softer landing than getting off my "stash relapse" (lasted about a month until I took it all ) cold turkey regardless.
    The worst side effect of subs has been water retention. I have sausage feet!! Lol The tearing is kinda bad too.
    My better thinking got me here and I am all ears for advice. I will post back after my appointment and let everyone know what I am working with.
    I told my.sponsor this morning too. We hit a 9 am meeting and as hard as it was to pick up a silver chip after two years I did. It was freeing!
    I'm glad to have found this forum as an outlet! I appreciate you guys soo much!
    Thaanks again!

Len

I did exactly as Cat said....only 4mg this am and just took .5mg. That's half of yesterday's dose.
    Dr went well. I have a total of 10 8mg strips now to work with. I feel a level of confidence that if I follow you guys' instructions I'm gonna be just fine.
    I can't thank you and Beef enough!
    I got some good exercise in doing the yard today for about 4 hours. The sun always does me good as well.
    That's where I am. Waiting for the next leap...
    I'm all ears.

Len
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

I took the leap of faith, as I replied to Beef.
    Only 4.5mgs total today!
    I'm so appreciative of your experience with subs.
    My head was SO much clearer today!
    Some yard work and sun to top it off.
    I await instructions...
    Dr. Rxd more giving me a total of 10 8mg strips to work with.
    Thanks again.

Len

Hey Len. Glad you had a good day. When dosing we recommend that you split your dose evenly. I'd be willing to bet you'd be completely stable on 4mg/day. So what I'd do is take 1mg in the morning and then take another 2mg 8-10 hours after that. Stay at that dose until you're stable (no w/d symptoms) and then reduce by 25% down to 3mg/day. You should be able to reduce every 4-7 days. Subs are a funny drug, most people feel better when taking less.

Keep exercising!! Staying active really helps the process. And drink tons of water!! Subs can really dehydrate you. Keep us updated. Read others threads on here. It really helps!! Post as much as you need to, ask questions.

You're doing everything right. Keep up the good work!!
    Beef
    LenLeaps likes this.

I'll let ypu guys know how it goes!
    I'm just so glad to not be in bed sick.
    I'll keep up with posts. It's therapeutic as well.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Thank you again!

Len
    Beefaroni7272 and Catrina like this.

Sorry. 2mg in am and 2mg 8-10 hours apart. Don't know how I messed that up. We do recommend that once you get below 1mg that you take a single dose at the same time each day.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by LenLeaps View Post
    I'll let ypu guys know how it goes!
    I'm just so glad to not be in bed sick.
    I'll keep up with posts. It's therapeutic as well.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Thank you again!

Len
    It's crazy, right? And it's not just your doctor. They all instruct their patients to take way too much. Even when some people who show up here and decide to try it our way and tell their doctors, they're almost always told that we're wrong. Tell me about it. Depends I suppose on what your end game is going to be. Many doctors believe that it's best to stay taking subs indefinitely and they only want to believe what big pharma told them when they took their 8 hour online course to become certified to prescribe subs. What could a group of druggies possibly know? Obviously more than them about subs anyway. It is what it is. You found us and have decided to put your trust in people here who have walked this path. YAY for you!!

When is your next appointment? Hopefully this guy will at some point give you enough strips so that you don't have to go back so often. I wouldn't tell him that you've decided to take far less than what he's prescribed. Instead, stockpile them and when you have enough to complete your taper, you won't have to go back. I know how ridiculously expensive each visit is. Now that you're down to 4mg/day, you should be able to complete your taper in 6-8 weeks. Even if it takes you a little longer than that, it'll be worth it to make this as painless as possible. You'll get there.

Please do keep posting. You're going to do great!!

Peace,

Cat

This weekend was a busy one!
    I feel better each day. A little sketchy but I'm hanging tough. It's wonderfully freeing!
    I had a day at 4.5 bit had to take a little bit more because it was too much of a drop. I was shaking from head to toe until I took another mg.
    Today I'm at 4 and will stay here for a few more days.
    Addicts are some of the smartest people on the planet! It's hard juggling life without adding the juggling act of addiction in too... Until my dr.has been through it I defer to other's judgement on this SUBject.
    Hope everyone who is a mom had a happy Mother's Day! This is the BEST present I could give myself and family. It feels good to almost be completely clean.
    I don't want to continue to stay on subs Cat. There is a definite end game in the not so distant future!

Len

10years39days is offline Member

Hi Len,

Congrats on your decision to get off of Suboxone! At this point in time, I would set small objectives/goals. I know you are super excited about getting clean, but there are quite a few hurdles in front of you. I'm not looking to rain on your parade but I just want to be honest with advice. Your positive attitude will definitely help you along the way! Keep that going!

My taper took a few months. In total, it was a 10 year journey for me (just on Suboxone), but the taper was difficult and rewarding at the same time. If I was in your shoes, my next goal would be to get below 2mg per day (two doses). After that, the end is in sight. Even though 2mg seems small, it's still a massive amount of Suboxone. It's mind-blowing what this drug does to your body/mind.

I agree that your Sub doctor shouldn't know about your plans to taper right now...especially if he's prescribing 16mg doses to you. Then...someday in the near future...you just won't make an appointment.

Take care,