Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Relapse..
    Anonymous Guest

Thumbs down Relapse..

This form was so helpful last time so I had to come back..

The title says it all. I relapsed. I had a little over 8 months clean and I blew it. As upset as I am right now I've got no one to blame but myself. It started about four months ago. Just one pill. Then nothing for a month or so. Then one more pill again. Then more and more. I'd take them for a few days then quit with no problem. Then use for a week and quit with little to no problems. I don't want to do this anymore. I'm on the edge of going fully back again.

This time around I've used for three weeks. 30 mg of oxycodone per day. I'm not going back to the old me. I can't. I came so far and I threw it away.

I guess I came back to get this off my chest, hopefully find some support and help. What kind of withdraws should I expect? I'm a male in my middle 20s. Was 8 months clean from a 45ish mg a day oxy habit. Do you think I will have full withdraws?

I have 15mg of oxy left. Should I take 7.5 mg for the next two days to try and taper? Would that help any?

Any comments or help is appreciated. I hate that I did this to myself again. I've got to put an end to it now before I go all the way.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Okc21 View Post
    This form was so helpful last time so I had to come back..

The title says it all. I relapsed. I had a little over 8 months clean and I blew it. As upset as I am right now I've got no one to blame but myself. It started about four months ago. Just one pill. Then nothing for a month or so. Then one more pill again. Then more and more. I'd take them for a few days then quit with no problem. Then use for a week and quit with little to no problems. I don't want to do this anymore. I'm on the edge of going fully back again.

This time around I've used for three weeks. 30 mg of oxycodone per day. I'm not going back to the old me. I can't. I came so far and I threw it away.

I guess I came back to get this off my chest, hopefully find some support and help. What kind of withdraws should I expect? I'm a male in my middle 20s. Was 8 months clean from a 45ish mg a day oxy habit. Do you think I will have full withdraws?

I have 15mg of oxy left. Should I take 7.5 mg for the next two days to try and taper? Would that help any?

Any comments or help is appreciated. I hate that I did this to myself again. I've got to put an end to it now before I go all the way.
    Here's a link to your original thread - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...cet-70259.html

If you haven't already, go back and read every post in that thread from start to finish, it will help you immensely this time around!

Get rid of that last bit of oxy right now and start your new day one this minute! Trying to taper that last 15mg over the next couple of days will not help you at all, as a matter of fact you'll be wasting two days that could go towards your cold turkey detox!

You already know about the Thomas Recipe, just don't mess with the benzos this time around! It's anybody's guess on how bad your withdrawal symptoms will be but if you continue on the path you're on I guarantee they will be worse than what they will be right now!

Just know that you can't take a pill here and there, it will eventually lead to more and more! Sooner or later you'll be right back in it full-time!

Always remember that "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"!!!

You got clean before, you can do it again! You really have to want it more than anything in the world! You got this! Keep us updated! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

I'm glad that you came back before you got too much further with this, From my experience, I don't think that you'll have full blown withdrawal symptoms. Instead, what always happened to me was that mostly because I was so afraid of facing a new Day 1, I'd procrastinate and a week would turn into months. Then, of course I was facing the worst of it all over again. I think if you get rid of what you have left what you can expect is some lethargy, some tummy issues (but Immodium will take care of that) and you'll experience those cravings for a little bit.

Don't let this go on for much longer or you will be in trouble again. You're very close now with 3 weeks of consistent use. Stay active and you'll be OK.

Peace,

Cat

Anonymous Guest

Yes I did re-read my first post. As >>>>>> as it made me feel..

Cat, I can see myself procrastinating. I have been for two and a half weeks which lead me to today. I guess I just need to suck it up and get it over with. Surely it can't be as bad as last time. I guess time will tell.

Going to pick up some of the Thomas recipe after work.
    I've read somewhere that sweating it out in a sauna doesn't help much? Do you think that's true?

Thanks again.
    Catrina likes this.

Cat, I can see myself procrastinating. I have been for two and a half weeks which lead me to today. I guess I just need to suck it up and get it over with. Surely it can't be as bad as last time. I guess time will tell.

I've read somewhere that sweating it out in a sauna doesn't help much? Do you think that's true?

Thanks again.
    i don't know about sweating it out or whether it will help or not. It can't hurt so it's worth a try. Just do it! Don't let another day go by. I wouldn't lie to you and I've been exactly where you are and plenty of times. I really don't think it'll be that bad physically. Stay busy and that will definitely help.

Peace,

Cat

fedupgirl32 is offline Junior Member

Thanks again.
    HI! I can't offer a lot of advice as I am on day 3 of about 180mg a day oxy habit. Not everyday was that much but at least 90mg a day and then throw in morphine and norco on top of it just to take the edge off. Just to feel halfway normal. It sucks sooo bad. The mental aspect is the worse. My physical symptoms have not been terrible other than the total lack of energy and no will to do anything because everything I did before I did while I was using and the associations are just to strong. But I went to the store earlier. Even got up first thing this morning and curled my hair, made myself look halfway human. I must say it helped a lot. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you good luck. I would definitely recommend the L-tyrosine that is in the Thomas Recipe. I took 3500mg's this morning with a b-6 vitamin and I think that contributed to a little bit of my energy.

My nights have been the worst but hoping they improve as the days go on. Again Best Wishes! and Don't be afraid to post as much as you need to! It helps me still reading everyone's thoughts and words of encouragment to one another! God Bless. xo

Krysmith78 is offline Junior Member

I don't have a lot of advice, just offering some support. I stopped in December but relapsed after a couple weeks. I took for about 3 weeks and am on day 5 right now. This time has been easier physically but I still had symptoms. Hoping the worst is over.

Keep coming back for support. This is the place to be! I don't think I could be doing this without the support here. Seriously!

Looking forward to hearing how you are doing!

Anonymous Guest

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It helps a lot knowing that there are others going through the same thing.

I decided to take my last 15 mg last night and pick up all the things I would need and get some house chores done so that I can kinda take it easy all week. So as of 7 last night was my last dose. I really hope the rls isn't as bad as last time. I could deal with most of the other symptoms but that was horrible.

Once again thank you all.
    Catrina likes this.

How you doing? Hanging in there? So today your official Day 1. I saw your post from early this afternoon. I hope too for your sake that the RLS is NOT a problem for you. I agree with you 100% that that is the one symptom I dreaded beyond all the others. You may not be bothered at all or you might get "twinges". I'm not sure how to explain it. Almost like it's threatening to start up but doesn't. Who knows? It may have been more of a mental thing for me because I was waiting for it.

If you haven't already, set up camp. Change your bed with your favorite sheets and tidy up your bedroom. Get your heating pad(s) and keep them nearby. Take a nice hot bath tonight and put on what are absolutely the most comfortable thing to sleep in. Keep the remote control close in case you have any trouble sleeping. Don't fight it. If you have wakefulness, find something to watch on TV. If you begin to feel sleepy, turn the TV off so that it's quiet and see if you can fall asleep. If it doesn't happen, don't force it. Use the heating pad(s) for any muscle tightness or aches and they do help A LOT if the RLS does rear its head.

I swear I don't think this will be too bad and won't take too long. Likely the mental stuff is what will bug you..."oh this sucks. One more day and I'll start tomorrow." You know the drill.

Keep checking in. The ants in your pants will only last for a few days and I sure hope that you've caught this soon enough to avoid the RLS. It truly does suk!

Peace,

Cat