• 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By badmother
  • 1 Post By badmother
  • 1 Post By ItsPossible
relapsed
    badmother is offline New Member

Default relapsed

I was on day 5 and I fell apart and took 1 Norco around 3 p.m I couldn't do It! I feel do bad now. My boyfriend was right I csnt do it.

Anonymous Guest

Hi badmother.

Relapses happen, if you've looked through a couple of threads on this board you'll see that you're farrrrr from alone.
    But that doesn't mean you have to give up. Yes it's tough that it happened but now you know what to expect and what not too do.

5 days is great! You were almost done with the physical stuff I'm sure. Your boyfriend is WRONG you CAN do this, you just have to be strong. Get back up and get it done this time. You don't wanna go through those five days over and over do ya?

I promise you that you can do this.
    badmother likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by badmother View Post
    I was on day 5 and I fell apart and took 1 Norco around 3 p.m I couldn't do It! I feel do bad now. My boyfriend was right I csnt do it.
    badmother, welcome to the forum! Lots of help and advice here so keep posting! Please leave the history of your usage, how long have you been using and how many milligrams per day, are you only using Norco? This info is important so others can give you proper advice! Hang in there, lots of great help will be by soon enough. Take care... God bless us all!

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

All is not lost. You had 5 days and you slipped. It's not the end of the world and so long as you stay the course now, you haven't set yourself back to the beginning. It's a hiccup and that's all it is so long as you don't give up. Just move on and you're going to be OK.

I have to say that I'd like to speak with your boyfriend. What is he thinking telling you that you can't do this? Of course you can if you believe you can. Take a hold of his words and prove him wrong. That's what I'd do. I have to say that if someone tells me I can't, I'll show them I can.

Ricky is right. Tell us what you were taking, how much and for how long. We can give you an idea of what's ahead of you. Welcome again and keep posting. We're here for you.

Peace,

Cat
    badmother likes this.

I started on 12/16/2012. I broke my ankle first time ever taking meds. And never stopped.I was taking 10/325 . my Dr prescribed me 30 every Monday faithfully. I was taking as the bottle said 1 every 4 hours. and i would make them last, about 1 yr ago is when i started uping to 1 as soon as i wake up. So i would have 1 at breakfast 1 at lunch then 1 at home. If my job neded me to stay late i would pop another 1. I recently got custody of my 2 grandkids because my daughter went to jail. I get no assistance so it hurt my heart on spring break I couldn't even afford to take them to a movie on a Sunday because Monday I needed my medicine. So on Monday I decided that's enough I won't go for my refill. All went well until I had to work Saturday and i sit at a computer it was so slow I couldn't sit still I had the flu symptoms so I took a 1/2 of a pill to take the egde off it worked . then I get home and I took the other half because I need to clean and cook. I feel like >>>> all over again I want to do the Thomas recipe but Dont get paid til Friday. I hate myself . I just want this over already!
    DawnMarie81 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Am I correct then that you were taking between 30 and 40mg per day? Consider not going to get your script last week a major victory. Have you taken anything since your slip and do you have any left? Another huge victory would be to get rid of whatever you have in the house. Believe me, I don't say this lightly because it's hard to do but it really is best to remove that temptation.

I have my two grandchildren too. My daughter is a single parent and an ER nurse. She works 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am. I figured out a long time ago that it's easier on me for them to just stay here My grandson is 15 and my granddaughter is 9. Been doing this for the past 9 years full time and half time before that. It's hard! I never thought I'd be raising another family when I should be retiring. When my butt gets stuck to the pity pot, I remind myself how quickly these years have gone and it's not long before they'll be gone and on their own. My grandson will have his license this time next year so he can help me with errands and transporting. If they need someone, I'd rather it be me than anyone else aside from their Mom. Of course in the beginning I spoiled them by pampering them and waiting on them hand and foot. That's what Grandmas do. Little did I know I was going to be the one to deal with it now. Thank goodness they are both really good kids. How did I get off on that??

Have you printed out the items on the Thomas Recipe? No one item is that expensive but together it adds up. Immodium for the bathroom issues is a must. Get the generic but get them if that's the only thing you can afford. A good B6 complex in my opinion would be the second most important item. Melatonin will help to relax you. There are people who report it helps them sleep but it didn't for me. They're certainly worth a try. I think I paid like $5 for a bottle from Walmart. Gatorade or any other beverage that will help to replenish your electrolytes but those can get pricey too. Maybe some of that with plain water in between. Do your best to be drinking something all of the time. Finally, try to eat as healthy as you can.

If you haven't taken anything since your slip and had 5 days prior to that most, if not all of your acute symptoms should be gone any time now. Sleep might still be a little hard to come by, you'll feel like you're just getting over the flu. Weak and tired. Push yourself to walk, do chores around the house anything you can manage to stay up and moving. The more active you get, the quicker you'll get your strength back and begin to feel better.

Work on positive thoughts. They are so important and I know it sounds kinda corny but they will help you. Be proud of yourself for making this life altering decision. Involve your grandkids in some fun things. How old are they? Watch a movie together, play a board game. You'll feel so much better mentally by giving them some quality time. Be silly and laugh! Do you remember how it felt when you'd laugh until you cried and your stomach hurt? Do you remember how you felt afterwards? It's a natural high, will lift your heart and it'll stick with you for a while. Laughter truly is the best medicine.

I'm sorry for so many words here. Let me know if you've been able to stay on track now and if you have any pills left in the house. If you do, let me know if you have the strength to get rid of them. I had a little ceremony in my bathroom saying goodbye as the water swirled around the toilet.

Peace,

Cat

Yes, I do have them all left. I feel weak and sick. No I Dont have the heart to flush them. I took tremidol that the first 2 days 1 a day. The 5th day was the worst . I can drink water I love water. I took a muscle relaxer to sleep . only on day 1 I didn't like the way I felt the day after. My bff is coming to get them and chunck for me . she font know I took 1 or she will be so upset . she's out if town. So I felt I could get away w it too.

My grandkids deserve more. I usually am always watching movies baking their favorite watching movies... Now I'm just on this recliner. I'm now going to get up and do chores. Won't give up . I haven't slipped yet (since yesterday at 3 pm) why start now! I will do it . I won't give up !
    Ming23 likes this.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Welcome Mother... I can not call you badmother because you just aren't.
    You're here trying to get help and deal with life without the assistance of pain meds. That is not bad at all. Where we came from is not as important right now as where we are going. Free from pills.
    Tramadol is also a medication you'll want to get rid of along with the narco, especially if you want to do this and be done with it. by day 5 I am amazed how much better I feel, and the first 1 to 4 are flu like, low energy and just discomfort.
    I have 2 small children and every time I went through detox I felt like a bad mother. Thankfully i had my husbands support but by the 3rd time he was a little concerned it would never get better. I continued to educate myself about addiction and what happened to our pain receptors to cause the need for more, and then I share my findings with him.

For now, just focus on the detox part. You're almost there. Rest when you can, do the chores when you can and walk around the house when you can. Be patient with yourself.
    I agree with Cat, the immodium, B6 and gatorade are really important. I really loved the Hylands Restful legs that I took at night for sleep.
    Hot baths or showers. Heating pads. DO NOT take Nyquill or anything like that for sleep. Well for me and many others it does the opposite of what its suppose to during this time.
    YOUTUBE guided meditations to calm yourself and refocus on your inner peace. The mental battle can drive you crazy but if you can bring your thoughts back to your plan, goal.... to live a healthy, fulfilling life, then you'll be able to stop those thoughts when they get out of control.
    Post often and read threads. It truly passes the time.
    We are with you along this journey Good Mother!
    Love and Light
    Kim aka Butterfly xxoo
    badmother likes this.

I was a ble to get up and clean out the garage (i needed to get to my treadmil ) and went to the grocery store and even ate a whole meal I cooked ! That was exciting ! I am going to try this I found on youtube next...
    Fresh Ginger
    Kale
    Mustard Greens
    1 gallon of H20/day
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Milk Thistle
    Vitamin B-12
    Fennel
    Dandelion
    Mint leaves
    Chamomile
    Fish Oil
    Flax seed oil
    Beets
    Carrots

The regimine is this.

Use a juicer (Juicing is best) or a blender, every morning upon waking, immediately begin with a 1 inch piece of ginger and 8oz of water. Blend or Juice and drink.

Breakfast: (Mean Green Shake) Kale, Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Beets, Carrots, Fennel, and Dandelion. Blend or juice together and drink. After drinking, take flax seed oil, fish oil and Vitamin B-12

Snack: 1 cup chamomile tea with mint leaves

Lunch: Mean Green Shake, same as breakfast.

Snack: 1 cup chamomile tea, with dandelion leaves and mint leaves.

Dinner: Mean Green Shake, With Magnesium ( This will help with restless legs and sleep)

Pre-bedtime- Juice or Blend- Ginger, Carrots and beets. After drinking take 1 milk thistle and law down immediately and close your eyes. Think positive and count back from 200.

Thought maybe this could someone else I'm praying for everyone !! Good night and god please bless us all !! I pray I sleep.

Woke up at 4am drenched in sweat. Shaking idk if I can go to work like this

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by badmother View Post
    Woke up at 4am drenched in sweat. Shaking idk if I can go to work like this
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this is part of the withdrawal process and one of the main reasons so many people relapse so early in detox! Some people try to take a few days off from work when they decide to quit cold turkey because of the physical withdrawal symptoms one would experience during the 1st three days or so during detox? Can you call in sick? What are your thoughts/options? A few more days and the worst will be over! If you absolutely cannot miss work and you don't think you can make it through in your current condition then the only alternative is to go back on the norco and wean off very slowly. I must warn you that weaning off is very difficult for a lot of people and most feel that cold turkey is best? I weaned off oxycodone last fall but I must tell you that although my withdrawal symptoms weren't as severe as what I would of experienced going cold turkey I did feel that I was in a constant state of mild withdrawals during the whole taper process! If you can, I think it would be best if you can ride it out another couple days because the worst will be over? Keep us posted? Hang in there... God bless us all!

ItsPossible is offline Member

Checking in on you Mother,
    Sending love and light xxoo

crazyfrog is offline Banned

Opiates..... everyones downfall. Awful mess we got into. Im 9 months in clean. So its doable. You just got to give it time. The more days pass by, the easier it gets. Just bewares on the first 2 weeks. Its hell.