Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By GettinItOverWith
Roxicodone withdrawal help . Losing everything
    SeenTooMuch is offline New Member

Default Roxicodone withdrawal help . Losing everything

Hello drugs.com forumers , this is my first post here , so bear with me. Let me start by saying Im a 21 yr old father and husband . My wife and I have a one-year old son. Me and my wife started doing Roxi 30s about 2 years back and at first it was one here , one there but that didn't last long. Now I do 5-6 a day and she's doin 2-3 . But I hide my extra 2-3 from her and do them behind her back. And it makes me feel horrible. I had a lady who would sell me an entire script every month up until january of this year. Ever since then I've been doing whatever I can to get the money for our pills , and at 30 sometimes 35 a piece (depends on how many are around) it's usually 240-300 bucks a day. And that is really an issue . We are so far behind on bills and credit cards it's unbearable. I'm on the verge of losing my car , my job and soon enough my house. Every time I try to stop I get so sick the next day it's unreal. I really want to quit but I don't have the willpower to taper off or ween myself down. I have to do enough til I'm passin out on the couch or I'm unsatisfied . I do 1-3 thru out the day while my wife is at work then when she gets home i usually buy 6-8 more and we share them . We snort them after they are crushed to fine powder. I don't want to do subs or taper so I'm here to ask for your suggestions. Is there any home remedies that you know of, is there any tips/tricks to making the withdrawal less miserable. Please respond someone. I am on the verge of losing everything and I care about my family more than anything else . I remember us before pills and we were always so happy. Now we fight all the time until we get messed up and then we just ignore each other the rest of the night
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-03-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Fixing a swear word

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeenTooMuch View Post
    Hello drugs.com forumers , this is my first post here , so bear with me. Let me start by saying Im a 21 yr old father and husband . My wife and I have a one-year old son. Me and my wife started doing Roxi 30s about 2 years back and at first it was one here , one there but that didn't last long. Now I do 5-6 a day and she's doin 2-3 . But I hide my extra 2-3 from her and do them behind her back. And it makes me feel horrible. I had a lady who would sell me an entire script every month up until january of this year. Ever since then I've been doing whatever I can to get the money for our pills , and at 30 sometimes 35 a piece (depends on how many are around) it's usually 240-300 bucks a day. And that is really an issue . We are so far behind on bills and credit cards it's unbearable. I'm on the verge of losing my car , my job and soon enough my house. Every time I try to stop I get so sick the next day it's unreal. I really want to quit but I don't have the willpower to taper off or ween myself down. I have to do enough til I'm passin out on the couch or I'm unsatisfied . I do 1-3 thru out the day while my wife is at work then when she gets home i usually buy 6-8 more and we share them . We snort them after they are crushed to fine powder. I don't want to do subs or taper so I'm here to ask for your suggestions. Is there any home remedies that you know of, is there any tips/tricks to making the withdrawal less miserable. Please respond someone. I am on the verge of losing everything and I care about my family more than anything else . I remember us before pills and we were always so happy. Now we fight all the time until we get messed up and then we just ignore each other the rest of the night
    There is the Thomas Recipie which is suppose to lessen the WD doing a CT off of opiates. Here in my opinion my guess is from what i gathered from your post. You are doing 150 to 189 mg of oxy a day and if you do try a CT and roxis are available to you then you will get more. I myself had to do suboxne to get off of opiates because no matter how hard i tried to taper i would cave in. Subs are a great detox tool to get off opiates and it was one thing i could taper off with. My best wishes to you on turning things before you lose everything.

Alex

Thanks a lot Alex. I will look into the Thomas recipe. Any other remedies out there guys?

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

I had a habit similar to yours except that my lasted for many, many years. I endured cold turkey either by choice or lack of money and/or lack of supply and each and every time as I was in the throes of withdrawal, I would swear that this would be the last time. I used for so long that it had become unimaginable that I could be clean and would use that to justify the chase. The worse things got using and financially the more easily it became to justify it all. After all, I thought things can't get worse. Oh yes they can and did!

Countless tapering attempts (not for me the gobbler that I am), dozens of cold turkeys, some successful (at least the detox part) and more often not. Finally in Jan. 2010 I intentionally faced cold turkey with a new found excitement. I hunkered down and faced all the ugliness knowing exactly what was going to come and boy, oh boy it did. This Forum was such a tremendous help to me. I'd spend the overnight hours when I was alone and free to be honest here as well as with myself. The hours would pass and I'd get on with the next day. Around Day 3 of detox, my supplier having not heard from me and because I had my phones turned off, showed up at my door. When I sent him on his way after telling him that I was "good" I just knew I'd make it this time. So far, so good.

I read the Thomas Recipe as suggested here. To be honest, at that point I was desperate for anything that might make things a bit easier but except for the Immodium and the L-trysone (sp?) I didn't use any of the other things so I can't say how much they might have helped. I only tried the L-trysone once and it made me sick so I didn't bother with it again. I have no idea if it caused me to be sick or not really. It could have been just one of the w/d symptoms.

Since detox though when I have a hard time sleeping (no longer related to my addiction, just old age) I have found that Melatonin really helps. I think that as addicts, we're so used to popping a pill to fix everything magically that we scoff at anything else. Really? Take a couple of Tylenol....like that's going to help? Well it didn't make everything go away but it did help some. Now that I have some clean time, over the counter stuff really does work! Who knew?

So, you're asking for "remedies", the Thomas Recipe is the list. The real remedy is that you are committed and willing to endure 5 days. Get excited that you're going to trade a few days for a stake in a happier, healthier life. Find the mindset.

One other thing, is your wife going to do this with you? Not a good combo if she's still using and you're trying to get and stay clean. During detox, it may be impossible to be miserable and see that she's just fine. Once you've detoxed and you begin the real work, if you haven't already become resentful that she's going on her merry way while you're trying to get straight, it won't be long. That in itself is a real threat to your sobriety.
    Just a thought. For now, just do you.

Peace,

Cat
    alexnt likes this.

Thanks very much cat , very nice read. I have been talking to her about it and we are gonna be going at this together. I should have been more specific. I am sorry to say but I was halfway through day one and ended up buying a 15. It was cheap and right next door so I got it and now that it's gone I feel like such a fool for buying it. I'm not even high and I feel like I need another one more than I did before buying it

laydee is offline Junior Member

Hi there, so glad to hear you wanna get off roxi, I was similar a few yrs back. I took, roxi, morphine, soma, xanex. Anything n everything. I lost my house my car n job. I was a walking zombie. I didnt snort my pills I ate them. My sister however snorted her pills but that became not enough n eventually she started shooting them. There is nowere to go but down on these things n ur tolerance to them will continue to grow n it will never be enough. My sis is so far gone now anyway. I moved away 5yrs from her n went cold turkey. Until 30 days in and I was on deaths door due to xanex I was taking seizures. I was admitted to icu abd in there they started me once again on it all uuggh doctors. Anyway I still wanted off and had just went cold turkey for 30days right. So I found a sub doctor in miami beach who takes insurance and he helped me to get on subs and then taper off. Im now 70 days clean. I suggest u and ur wife either go cold turkey n deal with the withdrawels n yes there horrible but u both can do it together. Or go to a sub doc and then start a taper off that. It worked for me . I now have my life back with a great job and my car n soon a new home. Its a long road and u need to be strong thru it. But it can be done. There are alot of success stories on here . Good luck and keep us posted . I truely hope u get off this demon of a pill. Its poisoning ur life but you already know that. God bless.....jaimie

Hi and welcome! A lot of us are parents. Reading your story you can try weaning but many of us on here including myself couldnt taper. If your to the point of spending 300.00 a day.....willpower is not your strong point right now. Which it wasnt for a lot of us! I got on suboxone for 4 months and tapered off it was SO much easier then you know. Yes it has wds but being on it you take it once a day and right now it will be the closest thing to normalcy that you could imagine....it is very EASY compared to opiates. To taper off of because you don't get high. Its not a "I will just take one more....thing." I really think you both need time off the opiates. Time to feel semi normal and do what it takes to get to the bottom of the addiction period. Its not just about getting through wds. Its a life change. Do it for the kids. We did. You can do it too.....just got to do what is best and necessary. Getting clean is the goal right now. You have to. You rock bottom and it wont get better unless you do something about it. You seem to be coming to grips with the seriousness of what your doing and thats a good thing. Keep posting! I really wish you guys the best. I highly recommend the suboxone. Its much easier then opiate wd and easier to get off of. You have that normalcy to get yourself together and then taper off suboxone.
    Sundwn likes this.